Precursor acquisition not unfair

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Odahviing.4715

Odahviing.4715

It is getting increasingly annoying listening to the constant whining and complaining about getting precursors. It’s not unfair how you get a precursor, it’s just the way it is. My favorite is when someone takes a righteous stand against ring (sarcasm intended) and says “I’m not making a legendary until they fix how you get a precursor” well good for you, keep swinging the pearl greatsword of dignity while half of the population is enjoying their legendaries. Ever ACTUALLY tried forging a precursor? It’s an amazing feeling when one actually pops. It is not unfair either. Everyone has the same chance to pull a precursor from the forge as the next. The people with gold have more opportunities to throw items in the forge. And who usually has the most gold? The heard core players that you mystic forge bashes all claim to be representing. Anyone.who actually plays this game as much as.they claim to should have no problem amassing 10-15 gold a day. Save it up and forge. And please stop whining because you don’t like it. It’s really getting boring. Now, bring on the backlash…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

This post is just as bad as the “precursor woe” ones…..just saying.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

^ agreed

My backlash:
1. Half the population does not own a Legendary, it’s much less.
2. Hard core players that are earning “10-15g” a day are not usually the ones that are complaining about it.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I highly disagree with OP and anyone who joins him here.
What you say – in my view – is just like “Everyone is equal, but you can only be worthy if you have a good pedigree to born in, not with real work performance – and it’s just fine.”
By pedigree/family, you mean RNG here.
RNG, which is discussed and prooved to be broken.

Please note we’re speaking about a the “holy” Equality here…
This is the core philosophy what the whole company built GW2 on.

It is a thing that it doesn’t seems to work out fine atm, and even promised a scavanger-hunt to solve this problem. >> Which means AN is aware of this issue and working on it.
Thus, Legendaries meant to be the Top. Look around in a popular place and count them, just call your family together, so you may have enough fingers at your screen.

Until AN doesn’t makes steps toward adjusting the layers of the economy, it will always be a mess that they even force down the cliff with all the overdesigned thing and lack of prestige.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Double negatives in the title >:|

/shoots self

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Thrown 2300G in the forge, not a single precursor. How about you? I’m sure you didn’t get a single one either. Oh wait you probably got like 3 using 100g.

I do have The Bifrost and The Incinerator, but I’ve had to grind my way there.

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

OP is being ridiculous trying to address a known issue, but if precursors were reasonable obtainable outside of the TP everybody would be complaining about T6, lodestone etc. prices.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

yawn

I’ve been playing since beta…

No precursor.
No legendary.
Not worried about it either.

RNG is RNG, sometimes it favors me, sometimes it hangs me by my toes and beats me like a pinata (in other words I walk away feeling like total kitten). I’ll have one eventually, maybe through a drop, maybe through the TP, maybe through crafting. Who knows, I cannot see the future nor am I going to stress over it either.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

/shoots self

It’s a trick commonly used when the positive is also untrue.
He can’t say that precursor acquisition is fair. Cause it isn’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Is it funny?
Yes it isn’t.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

/shoots self

But there is no middle ground. There is fair or not fair. They are mutually exclusive.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

/shoots self

But there is no middle ground. There is fair or not fair. They are mutually exclusive.

Only a sith deals in absolutes!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

/shoots self

background

Dunn dunn dunn.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

/shoots self

Does that make Yoda a sith?
“Do or do not. There is no try.”

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Great my cover is blown..bookah

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Much Jedi, so Force. WOW!

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Is it funny?
Yes it isn’t.

It wasn’t unamusing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cormac.3871

Oh, and “The market forces have a strong influence on weak minds”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

It is getting increasingly annoying listening to the constant whining and complaining about getting precursors. It’s not unfair how you get a precursor, it’s just the way it is. My favorite is when someone takes a righteous stand against ring (sarcasm intended) and says “I’m not making a legendary until they fix how you get a precursor” well good for you, keep swinging the pearl greatsword of dignity while half of the population is enjoying their legendaries. Ever ACTUALLY tried forging a precursor? It’s an amazing feeling when one actually pops. It is not unfair either. Everyone has the same chance to pull a precursor from the forge as the next. The people with gold have more opportunities to throw items in the forge. And who usually has the most gold? The heard core players that you mystic forge bashes all claim to be representing. Anyone.who actually plays this game as much as.they claim to should have no problem amassing 10-15 gold a day. Save it up and forge. And please stop whining because you don’t like it. It’s really getting boring. Now, bring on the backlash…

I’m sure the OP was trying to make a point, but all it did was make them look very foolish.

Ever ACTUALLY tried forging a precursor

Are you even being serious right now? What the **** do you think people have been doing since launch.

It’s an amazing feeling when one actually pops

You don’t say. That’s a feeling too many people have been waiting to feel for FAR too long.

It is not unfair either. Everyone has the same chance to pull a precursor from the forge as the next. The people with gold have more opportunities to throw items in the forge.

So you’re saying rich people have more opportunities and therefore more chances than poorer players. That kind of sounds unfair to me.

no problem amassing 10-15 gold a day

Ah yes, the infamous “10-15g” per day post that so many people think the average player can make in a day. I hate to break it to you, but the people complaining about precursors aren’t even remotely anywhere near being able to pull in 10-15g per day. Farming for gold might have worked from some casual players when precursors ranged from 300-600g for the more desirable ones. Now that most of them are approaching 1000 if not 1500g, the average player can forget it.

And please stop whining because you don’t like it. It’s really getting boring.

What’s really getting boring are topics like this. People who get lucky and end up with 6 precursors over their playing experience and of course think the system is fine. It’s not. The problem is people using rares. Compounded by the other problem of rares are all they can afford. On behalf of all the unlucky players who are still hoping to get their precursor at some point before they move on to other games, thanks for spitting in all of their faces. Topics like this just make everyone feel so much better.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Just look up his post history and everything will make sense.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

@Woljnir, I do not think that all that bold text makes your point unclear.

But it doesn’t make it clearer, either.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The bolded bits are quotes from the post Woljnir is responding to. In that way, it does make it clear what, specifically, is being addressed. (Or are you just making a commentary on the way the thread was titled? Brain is tired. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood.)

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Buttercup.5871

The bolded bits are quotes from the post Woljnir is responding to. In that way, it does make it clear what, specifically, is being addressed. (Or are you just making a commentary on the way the thread was titled? Brain is tired. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood.)

Not one, or the other, it was. Both, it could be, mmmm?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Precursors are NOT meant for the average person. Either bust your kitten to save the gold and buy one or work your kitten off in real life and bust out the credit card or save what you do earn and maybe one day you will have enough or just give up on the idea and enjoy the game the best YOU can play it. All the whining about how it isn’t fair etc etc gets old. I personally think its not fair that about 1% of the population are multi billionaires but I’m not one of them!!!

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I personally think its not fair that about 1% of the population are multi billionaires but I’m not one of them!!!

70 million multi billionaires?

In what galaxy?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

I personally think its not fair that about 1% of the population are multi billionaires but I’m not one of them!!!

70 million multi billionaires?

In what galaxy?

The Tyrian Galaxy! Far far beyond and up and away! To boldly trade and slay dragons where no one has spilled coppers before.

You heard it here first, this is the most successful, best selling game of all time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

OP is being ridiculous trying to address a known issue, but if precursors were reasonable obtainable outside of the TP everybody would be complaining about T6, lodestone etc. prices.

Unless drop rates were increased to keep up with the demand.

Everything about the economy is in ANets hands. That’s the beauty of a virtual economy. If an item is plentiful, it’s because ANet decided to make it plentiful. If it’s rare, it’s because ANet decided to make it rare.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

Everything about the economy is in ANets hands. That’s the beauty of a virtual economy. If an item is plentiful, it’s because ANet decided to make it plentiful. If it’s rare, it’s because ANet decided to make it rare.

Not quite. When you have super rich people/groups buying 75% of the Dusks on the TP or all of a given Precursor for example, they are monopolizing that market to keep making gold for themselves and setting their own prices.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

So the rich buys them all to raise the price so only they can sell them to other rich players but for more?

Puzzled and confused.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cormac.3871

Not quite. When you have super rich people/groups buying 75% of the Dusks on the TP or all of a given Precursor for example, they are monopolizing that market to keep making gold for themselves and setting their own prices.

There are two debatable points to this argument. The first is “creating an artificial shortage in supply by stockpiling in order to push up prices is bad.” I actually agree with this point, although there are a few people who argue along the lines of “if the market rewards me for an activity then it must be good” and I’m sure you’ll hear from them.

The second point is “this happens with things like Dusk in game”. Here I think you are probably wrong. Firstly data provided by John Smith showed some data involving Dusk at the time of its recent spike. From memory based on the number of unique buyers there was only one case of a person buying a second time. Then there is the mystic forge. As the price for Dusk increases so too does the incentive to craft greatswords and throw them in the mystic forge, particularly if you have enough money that RNG can be tamed somewhat. In the end for the hoarder trying to stop the flow of Dusks is like trying to stop the flow of water by putting a fire hose in your mouth.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

its not unfair (rng is rng, and those with more disposable income have more opportunities to gamble…it is a luxury item after all)……but it is a kittenty way to acquire them. there is very little “legendary” about earning these weapons. grind relatively easy content for karma/gold/mats (rewards dedication/ability to endure monotony), play the TP (rewards economic speculation) or convert gems to gold (rewards….having a job i guess).

there is already a gift of luck to test your patience with direct rng….tossing 1000’s of gold/items into the MF is rng overkill….and the drop rate is so low it might as well not drop.

i can’t say i like the idea of a scavenger hunt, as the whole process of crafting a legendary is basically one……unless that’s just a way for them to organize a series of incredibly difficult tasks to perform (JP speed runs, timed solo dungeon bosses/ instanced champs, etc).

i like that the overall process of creating a legendary takes you to most facets of the game……the precursor should be able to be earned by performing extreme feats of those facets (along with the current lame rng methods…with lower drop rates to compensate).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

ANet could fix that by upping the drop rate until the rich people broke (they would eventually). But they don’t want to and they won’t.

That’s ok. I have better things to do with my time anyway.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

You are mixing up sell listings with supply. The overall supply in game (in peoples inventories) is far greater than the what is listed on the TP.
Even if someone buys out all listings on the tp, he might only purchase 1-2% of all supply in game atm. Thats hardly a monopoly, especially because he cant control new supply coming into the game.