Precursors need fixing?

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: thewaterguy.4796

thewaterguy.4796

Look I know some people are saying that thousands of players already have legendaries and you can sell precursors and manipulate them to make “profit”

BUT
Precursors are being manipulated to go up in price every day in the name of “profit” its getting to be impossible to get a precursor especially with all the event chains being Nerfed, I don’t mind grinding for a few months but come on at the rate precursors and other ingredients are going up it will take a 8 months just to get precursor and that’s assuming they stay at that price!
I bought guild wars 2 because I was looking forward to a fun game that would last me a long time now that I’m level 80 I decided to go for a legendary but as it stands now unless I farm 24 hours a day there is not chance to get even close to getting the precursor Unless arenanet does something to force prices down then most of the fan-base will leave the servers (at least where Im from) are losing players ever day my guild has less players online every day

sigh sorry for ranting about this Its just back when precursors were 20-30 or even 50 gold it was obtainable
now its almost impossible because the precursors are like 500 gold each and they just keep going up, and all you people saying that I should SHUT UP and get grinding and that legendary are a long term goal
Once again I don’t mind grinding for a few months but a legendary SHOULD NOT be a second job I am not going to spend 6 months of farming for gold on guild wars 2
I get only 2 gold a day am I doing something wrong here?
Anyways that’s just my take on it feel free to agree or disagree but as of now I’m seriously giving up

I am aware there are other threads on this but I wanted to create my own thread so I can get other peoples takes more easily

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Worth One Million.5247

Worth One Million.5247

Precursors were 20-30 or even 50 gold in a time when gold wasn’t very flushed into the market. The more people play and the longer the game is alive, the value of gold is going to decrease. It’s simple economics. If people are leaving the game because they can’t obtain their legendary then they are missing the point of this game. It’s not about “getting my legendary”, which has the same stats as an exotic btw. They aren’t impossible to get and I feel like more and more people are trying to pull this “I’m entitled to a legendary since I spent hard earned money on this game” mentality. Not saying that you are, but alot of these threads are coming out of the woodwork saying the exact same thing. I saved gold for a long time and purchased my Dawn for 419g the other day and I still have alot more to go. (100 charged lodestones? This will cost 400g+ unless you farm them yourself). Precursors are the least of your worries. Trust me.

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

thewaterguy.4796

Precursors were 20-30 or even 50 gold in a time when gold wasn’t very flushed into the market. The more people play and the longer the game is alive, the value of gold is going to decrease. It’s simple economics. If people are leaving the game because they can’t obtain their legendary then they are missing the point of this game. It’s not about “getting my legendary”, which has the same stats as an exotic btw. They aren’t impossible to get and I feel like more and more people are trying to pull this “I’m entitled to a legendary since I spent hard earned money on this game” mentality. Not saying that you are, but alot of these threads are coming out of the woodwork saying the exact same thing. I saved gold for a long time and purchased my Dawn for 419g the other day and I still have alot more to go. (100 charged lodestones? This will cost 400g+ unless you farm them yourself). Precursors are the least of your worries. Trust me.

Hmm I guess you do Have a point but once again I don’t mind grinding my question is how did you get 419g? I played the game for 8 hours and only got a grand total of 2 gold for all my efforts any ideas? I don’t mind farming for a legendary but if its going to take 9 months of solid 12 hours a day its not worth it

Edit: I do farm in Orr all the time and hit all the hotspots
Most guides I look up online use event chains that have been nerfed
Yet I still hear people say they farm 10 gold in 8 hours no problem,
Am I doing something REALLY wrong here?
Aside from going for a legendary what endgame content is there most guys I talk to say that legendaries are the only thing to do?

(edited by thewaterguy.4796)

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

thewaterguy.4796

The thing that’s p*ssing me off is people that control the precursors and jack up the price like crazy in order to get in game gold that they sell for real world money illegally

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You only played for 8 hours and you’re worried about legendary prices? Get to end game before you worry about that stuff dude.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Precursors don’t “keep going up”. They’re all over the place depending on the week you look.

Anytime someone from ANET posts on this forum saying anything to the effect of “We’re wary of how expensive precursors are getting”, everyone sells them because they’re afraid some change is about to come making them more common etc.

If one just posted a thread with the phrase “precursor scavenger hunt” somewhere in it, they’d drop to 1/2 their price within hours heh.

(edited by Minion of Vey.4398)

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kacigarka.5176

Kacigarka.5176

Hmm I guess you do Have a point but once again I don’t mind grinding my question is how did you get 419g? I played the game for 8 hours and only got a grand total of 2 gold for all my efforts any ideas? I don’t mind farming for a legendary but if its going to take 9 months of solid 12 hours a day its not worth it

Edit: I do farm in Orr all the time and hit all the hotspots
Most guides I look up online use event chains that have been nerfed
Yet I still hear people say they farm 10 gold in 8 hours no problem,
Am I doing something REALLY wrong here?
Aside from going for a legendary what endgame content is there most guys I talk to say that legendaries are the only thing to do?

You played 8 hours and got 2 golds? What? Its easy to make 2+- gold per hour.

come on, why are these topics still up. Moderator please delete them already, still new and new ones even when they are already created. Merge it or something

(edited by Kacigarka.5176)

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

The thing that’s p*ssing me off is people that control the precursors and jack up the price like crazy in order to get in game gold that they sell for real world money illegally

I really do support you in your views about market manipulation but whatever it is you are doing during those 8 hours i NOT optimal in getting a legendary.

Just because you spend time in a game does not entitle you to a legendary in 2 months. To get it that quickly you need to be practical. Want gold? Farm your kitten for 12 hours straight in cursed shore events. If you are still not earning 2-3g per hour then you should definitely reconsider what your expectations of yourself are in getting a lefendary and why you should get it or not.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

geebus how many new threads do we need about precursors being manipulated. im not going to tell you to shutup and get grinding, im going to say, either get rich by playing the market instead of the game or stop trying to get a precursor. those are your ONLY choices unless you get that 1/100000000000 lucky break when you open a jormag chest/dungeon chest/loot random mob and he craps out a precursor better yet the one you actually want.

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

how high is your magic find? You can make a good rare-quality magic find set + rune + jewelry, add some Chocolate Raspberry Cream food and you should get the lot for around 5-8g. Combined you will have around 150% MF.

That’s a LOT more yellow and orange drops.

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Grind dungeons for cash or flip items on the TP. The latter is the only viable method atm.

It’s bullkitten, I know.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

how high is your magic find? You can make a good rare-quality magic find set + rune + jewelry, add some Chocolate Raspberry Cream food and you should get the lot for around 5-8g. Combined you will have around 150% MF.

actually no, you get a noticeable increase in blues and greens, not yellows/oranges – it’s basic % math.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Precursors need fixing?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

actually no, you get a noticeable increase in blues and greens, not yellows/oranges – it’s basic % math.

really? than I’ve had the most absurdly high luck on yellows and oranges over the last while since exactly the day I made my MF set.

MF increases the odds of getting loot at ALL rarity levels, not just blues/greens. (yes, 150% bonus to one drop in two hundred is not nearly as impressive as it is to one drop in 15, but it is still an increase)