Selling sand in the Gem Store. lol, really?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

That’s just pathetic. Who thought that was a good idea? I know it’s part of a package deal, but come on! Offer something else instead of sand that has horrible RNG.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I have a feeling that the choice is between sands with a CHANCE to get something vs nothing at all.
I have a feeling most people prefer that chance to get something over getting nothing at all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Nooo, I’m waiting for the first threads about this.

250 sand and nothing in it

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

The keys alone are more cost efficient than buying them normally but even that is stuff based on RNG. Who keeps buying these keys anyway? There are more cost-effective ways of getting black lion tickets.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

The keys alone are more cost efficient than buying them normally but even that is stuff based on RNG. Who keeps buying these keys anyway? There are more cost-effective ways of getting black lion tickets.

Maybe those cost effective ways are not time efficient?

I find the chests themselves boring. The greatest new addition, an item that let’s you change the boosters … while practical I still have to yawn.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

If it had been 250 Geodes instead of Sand, I’d actually have considered buying it. When combined with the other items (especially the 15 BL Keys), it might actually have been worth it tossing ANet a bit of financial support this month.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

If it had been 250 Geodes instead of Sand, I’d actually have considered buying it.

Then people would of course again complain against P2W

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

also the 1 red dye for 250 gems

thats like exactly the same like flame and frost dyes for example
just WITHOUT THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT IT
—> NO RARE COLORS (none of the special ones which would be the only good thing because no normal red rare dye is even close to 30g!!!!!! … this is really a ridiculous money loss in EVERY CASE if you buy it)
seriously if people dont even have 0.00001% chance on winning anything on this if they buy it instead of converting gems…
why did anet do it???
ANET LOGIC

….250 gems for a random dye worth less than 15 silver in 99% of cases?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Rouven.7409

Well there is a simple fix, we have to charge more for our red dyes.
Mwahahahahaaaa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

If it had been 250 Geodes instead of Sand, I’d actually have considered buying it. When combined with the other items (especially the 15 BL Keys), it might actually have been worth it tossing ANet a bit of financial support this month.

If they offered 250 Geodes in the Gem Store, then it would be P2W. Because you win when you have Geodes to trade for Zephyr keys.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Who said anything about keys? I want those recipes! I will cook ALL the things!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Anybody here buys gems with $s given the awful game content? really?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Anybody here buys gems with $s given the awful game content? really?

Well, if no one did people wouldn’t be able to buy it with gold either so…

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

If it had been 250 Geodes instead of Sand, I’d actually have considered buying it.

Win what? Win gold, so that we can win this game?

Oh right….I forgot, we are not suppose to be able to buy gold using real money in this game. It is not like real money can be used to buy gems and then trade the gems for vast amounts of gold or anything right? It is not as if ArenaNet supports the buying of gold with real money ever since BETA right?

If having more gold = win, thank goodness we still can’t P2W in this game!

It is like “Oh No! If people buy this item in the gem store with real money, they would be able to use it to earn some gold and thus win this game!” Yeah right…Now you know how ridiculous those P2W, where win=more gold, arguments sound to me.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Oh right….I forgot, we are not suppose to be able to buy gold using real money in this game. It is not like real money can be used to buy gems and then trade the gems for vast amounts of gold or anything right? It is not as if ArenaNet supports the buying of gold with real money ever since BETA right?

It is like “Oh No! If people buy this item in the gem store with real money, they would be able to use it to earn some gold and thus win this game!” Yeah right…Now you know how ridiculous those P2W, where win=more gold, arguments sound to me.

Yipp .. thats the logic behind it. Haven’t you read all the P2W complaints about the watchwork pick ?
You pay 100 gold and maybe in 2 years you have earned 110 Gold with that .. thats what some people here call P2W .. lol.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Yipp .. thats the logic behind it. Haven’t you read all the P2W complaints about the watchwork pick ?
You pay 100 gold and maybe in 2 years you have earned 110 Gold with that .. thats what some people here call P2W .. lol.

Agree.

Most people don’t seem to understand that the gem-gold exchange rate favor gems as time goes by and they also don’t understand the concept of “Time Value of Money”.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp

The upfront cost of paying for a 1000 gems now is going to worth more, in terms of GW2 gold in the future.