Sneak Peak at Patch Vendor Items

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=YIQZT6vVKYs#t=113

You can see previous LS items, like tonics, Zeph helms, mining nodes, minis

BTW: I think it’s pretty unfair that Matt Visual was able to gain access to the patch before hand, and very likely commit to ‘insider trading’.

But what’s done is done, can’t do anything about it.

edit: Just realized I said “peak” and not “peek”…durrr

(edited by Vol.7601)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Goods sold for “tokens”…

Does that mean that crafting mats will not work for a currency anymore?

20 level 80s and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

BTW: I think it’s pretty unfair that Matt Visual was able to gain access to the patch before hand, and very likely commit to ‘insider trading’.

(BTW: I think it’s pretty unfair that Matt Visual was able to gain access to the patch before hand, and very likely commit to ‘insider trading’.)

They undoubtably make people sign contracts that they won’t use information gathered ahead of time for their own purposes.

And there is the occasional person who actually doesn’t sign a contract and then immediately break it.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

(BTW: I think it’s pretty unfair that Matt Visual was able to gain access to the patch before hand, and very likely commit to ‘insider trading’.)

They undoubtably make people sign contracts that they won’t use information gathered ahead of time for their own purposes.

And there is the occasional person who actually doesn’t sign a contract and then immediately break it.

They could give me access to the PTS servers, make me sign contracts, and I’ll just slip you a note to gradually buy item X so as to not arouse any suspicion.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

well if you can get these tokens via mat trading then I suspect prices will rise much more than last year. Hopefully they redid the mat prices though. Hopefully we can use refined mats as well this year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Matt Visual was not given access or the video. Bog Otter was and gave the video to Matt Visual.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8601

ThePainTrain.8601

Matt Visual was not given access or the video. Bog Otter was and gave the video to Matt Visual.

Regardless, no one player (even dulfy!) should be given previews to patches like this. They should have to wait like the rest of us, why should they get special treatment? because they have a website or youtube channel that makes them money off of reporting this kind of kitten?

Anet, quit the circlejerking and let these people wait like the rest of us please..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8601

ThePainTrain.8601

Also, anyone else notice the lack of wind / lightning / sun catcher skins? or the desert rose skin?

Why Anet, WHY ANET WOULD YOU TAKE AWAY SKINS FROM THE EVENT?

They specifically state “chance at obtaining last year’s LS event stuff”… oh well, but lets not include the zephyr sanctum skins again..cause no one wants those right * rolleyes *

I’m > < this close to swearing off anet over their kittened design decisions.. game is fun, it’s pretty..rewards are kittening pitiful, content is scraped together, lore is in shambles..sky is falling sky is falling >_<

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Also, anyone else notice the lack of wind / lightning / sun catcher skins? or the desert rose skin?

Fervid censer is there (white rose), the red rose and catchers are tradeable (though I hope to get the latter through the event). I’m mostly disappointed with absence of shattered wings.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

if you look carefully most of, if not all of the skins you can get from these vendors are all account bound like meta rewards from previous content. you wont be able to sell these and its likely the tokens used to buy them will be accountbound frops. so i dont see what the fuss behind market manipulation is here..

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

The rewards promised through the vendors were the "guaranteed " rewards, such as those given by a meta achievement. That is why you see the molten gloves, the minis, etc. The suncatcher/lightning/ etc skins were not guaranteed through the meta they were earned through a vendor during the event which I’m sure you can find now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

They specifically state “chance at obtaining last year’s LS event stuff”… oh well, but lets not include the zephyr sanctum skins again..cause no one wants those right * rolleyes *

I’m > < this close to swearing off anet over their kittened design decisions.. game is fun, it’s pretty..rewards are kittening pitiful, content is scraped together, lore is in shambles..sky is falling sky is falling >_<

Please keep in mind that those which I previously stated were earned through the event and can probably still be earned as such. Wait until the event is actually released before you complain about what’s missing….

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Here’s hoping that the new token trade-in system for these old LS items doesn’t fall victim to the same issues that were present during this years Halloween and Super Adventure Box.

That is, Anet increases the grinding by tenfold by forcing everyone to grind for tokens through the completion of the CURRENT LS events rather then rewarding the players who were willing to have the patience to use up their bank space and reserve their old LS items.

It would be a shame if the 1300 or so blade shards wasting space in my bank only amounted to, say, 200-400 tokens or some such.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

if you look carefully most of, if not all of the skins you can get from these vendors are all account bound like meta rewards from previous content. you wont be able to sell these and its likely the tokens used to buy them will be accountbound frops. so i dont see what the fuss behind market manipulation is here..

If someone had access to this patch, then it is likely they had access for the other vendors as well, including the Zeph Sanctum Trader.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Fervid censer is there (white rose), the red rose and catchers are tradeable (though I hope to get the latter through the event). I’m mostly disappointed with absence of shattered wings.

And this is why they are not available in this patch. They are still obtainable. They are putting in the items that are not available though trade. They may be in a future patch down the line when there is none left in the trading post. The may not.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m not upset that certain people got a ‘sneak preview’ I mean, GW2 isn’t the first game to give certain ‘press type’ people / players a head start so to speak. It’s not like this doesn’t come out today.

Now if they’d just hurry up and patch….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Hope they fix the activity exploit b4 they start handing out tokens to exploiters. They have been given plenty of advanced warning that it’s broken.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

Happy to see Slickpack and Tomes of Knowledge on those lists.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

The German version was far more detailed. Even showed some new Phoenix skins…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I was hoping to see the Mad Memories back pack =/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Skins were removed for a variety of reasons. Colin Johnson blames Ellen Kiel “We at the Black Lion Trading Company agree it’s clearly Ellen Kiel’s fault.”

Seriously though, Colin has also said " https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/incredible-new-items-in-the-gem-store-4/
There’s your official announce.
They’re not permanently gone (probably) , but they will be off the vendor for quite a while. Long enough i wouldn’t even hazard a guess at a bring-back date.
Like any store, we’ll be regularly rotating out sets that are out of season or not popular to keep the vendor from overloading too many tabs."

This is the main reason previous skins are no longer available.

The full thread here

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CameronJames.4897

CameronJames.4897

The German version was far more detailed. Even showed some new Phoenix skins…

And where are these fabulous German copies?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Riesty.9075

Riesty.9075

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

@ 19:17:

Am I wrong, but will we finally be able to combine face bases? Or are these just new variations of the old faces we can purchase via gem store? If it’s the former, then that’s great.

The new weapon skins are nice too. The scepter, focus, shield and warhorn look amazing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

looks like the boxes contain season 1 rare items (windcatcher skins and others).

As well as the original quartz and recipes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Thick Leathers are now at 48c. Price is moving upward and slowly due to price walls.

I for one am excited to see how far it goes up. I don’t think it’ll go as far as +1S, but I’m hoping at least 60c.

in Black Lion Trading Co

ZudetGambeous.9573

Thick Leathers are now at 48c. Price is moving upward and slowly due to price walls.

I for one am excited to see how far it goes up. I don’t think it’ll go as far as +1S, but I’m hoping at least 60c.

I don’t know why anyone is buying any at all… even if it dropped back to vendor price it is still 3x more expensive than most of the other options…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ed Guardian.4825

Ed Guardian.4825

^ What ZudetGambeous said

Best options are Gossamer and Iron right now, as a rule of thumb the average price discounting outliers like thick leather and mithril which have spiked crazy, is around 1600 per box, if you’re paying more than that you’re getting ripped off.

right now with gossamer and iron you can get them for under 900.

you are living proof that people actually bother to read these signatures.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

I know I should have written down my drops but after having opened 1K zephyr boxes, the best thing I got was a mini reef rider…

I made more money off of the various fixes and can see some nice perspectives for the future.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RadiantPrism.2861

RadiantPrism.2861

Best options are Gossamer and Iron right now, as a rule of thumb the average price discounting outliers like thick leather and mithril which have spiked crazy, is around 1600 per box, if you’re paying more than that you’re getting ripped off.

What’s interesting is if you compare the average cost of these boxes last year to the various costs for them currently, they’re still currently cheaper than last year with current prices (depending on the material). However, it seems their potential “value”, in regards to drops from them, has yet to be determined.

I would imagine items like the recipes would be less in demand overall, but with the inclusion of items from the past season as rare drops… will make for some interesting days ahead if you’re involved in the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

3 hours later and I’m still selling Thick Leather Sections at 30c. I don’t know how much longer it’ll take ;(

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ed Guardian.4825

Ed Guardian.4825

What’s interesting is if you compare the average cost of these boxes last year to the various costs for them currently, they’re still currently cheaper than last year with current prices (depending on the material). However, it seems their potential “value”, in regards to drops from them, has yet to be determined.

I would imagine items like the recipes would be less in demand overall, but with the inclusion of items from the past season as rare drops… will make for some interesting days ahead if you’re involved in the TP.

I don’t personally know how many players partake in zephyr supply boxes and to what extent they care about how much they spend on them, but if we do the good old economic thing of modelling players as being rational then all prices of materials which don’t serve much purpose (apart from now being converted to zephyr boxes) on the tp should reflect the ratios ArenaNet have given the trader vendors, now what I will find incredibly interesting is if we actually come to this ratio (or relatively closer to it) during this event and maybe some kind of currency medium of exchange will be kept permanently in the game by arenanet to continue to achieve this ratio… some prices will be super high because of the other uses of some of the materials.

you are living proof that people actually bother to read these signatures.