So, about banks blocking gem transactions

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Regent.5897

Black Regent.5897

My bank is one that blocks transactions to NCSoft without prior consent. I don’t know if this is new (I bought things through the online GW1 store without a problem through the same issuer and I’ve used my card to purchase things from Turbine, CCP and Blizzard as well without a problem) or not, but is there nothing NCSoft can do to remedy this lack of trust? I’ve never exactly been super enthusiastic about the gem store anyway, but having to call my bank beforehand every single time is pretty much a rock-solid guarantee I’m not going to use it.

Or, barring working with the banks to establish trust, are there plans to offer gem cards in denominations other than $25? Or a subscription that offers $X of gems every month recurring? I only go to shops that offer the cards maybe three or four times a year and I’m not making a special trip just for this, but if there was a more reasonable amount you could buy at once, I’d pick one up when I was there.

This is an MMO, after all, not ebay. I don’t know how the gem store’s doing, but I know I’m not the only one who the store a hassle to use and I can’t imagine I’m the only person who isn’t using it primarily out of the inconvenience. My original plan was to buy an average of $15 a month of gems while I played like a typical MMO sub, but I bought $20 once months ago and never bothered again. It just would be really nice if it wasn’t such an annoying process for some of us.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

it sounds like a hassle. Since its the bank that stop the transaction you should maybe consider changing bank ?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Make a Paypal account?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Black Regent.5897

Black Regent.5897

Eh…. PayPal isn’t exactly the most trustworthy company. More power to others, but a lot of people, myself included, aren’t keen on their terms of service that basically say they can freeze your funds for any reason at any time.

And, no, I’m not changing my bank over a video game… that’s insane.

I guess, thinking back on it, as infrequently as I’d buy them the $25 cards wouldn’t be bad, but it’s still less on average than my original intent since, like I said, I don’t go to places that sell them that often. Maybe every 2 or 3 months if I even remember to go buy one versus my intention of $15 a year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I think there was a breach early on with AION that ended up in the end with NCSOFT on a number of banks black lists due to all the challenges against charges.

Now I’ve seen $15/1200 Gem card in stores, not many stores but I’ve seen them.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Striker.9413

Striker.9413

Eh…. PayPal isn’t exactly the most trustworthy company. More power to others, but a lot of people, myself included, aren’t keen on their terms of service that basically say they can freeze your funds for any reason at any time.

You don’t have to keep money in paypal. I just use it as a funnel to buy things using my credit card without having to give my CC information to every individual website. You can do the same with your bank information.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Amun Ra.6435

You don’t have to keep money in paypal. I just use it as a funnel to buy things using my credit card without having to give my CC information to every individual website. You can do the same with your bank information.

This^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Amun Ra.6435

Also…I know Wal-Mart sells the $25/2000 Gem cards. And Wal-Mart is pretty much everywhere.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

On one hand, that’s in any terms of service, including the one at your own bank. On the other hand, if paypal would do so too often, they’d be out of business. In my experience, paypal is the most trustworthy company on the internet for payments, by a landslide. Furthermore, there’s no reason to keep funds in paypal, I just use it as a secure way of transfering money online.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Are gem cards available in the UK? I haven’t seen them anywhere?? O_O

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

^ I agree this is the best way of doing it! +1

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

You do realize that ALL banks can, and state that they can, do this, right? I’ve used Paypal for years and have never had a problem with them. And as a bonus, you don’t have to change your banks. Just use them for transactions.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Nothing NCSoft/Arenanet can do.

The power is with your bank, and it’s up for you to tell them to stop blocking transactions. If they refuse, then tough luck and find another bank that won’t hassle you.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Also…I know Wal-Mart sells the $25/2000 Gem cards. And Wal-Mart is pretty much everywhere.

Target also.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Target also.

And there are the cash cards that you put money on at a cash register. You use them like you would a credit or debit card until the money on them is used up. You can get them at places like Wal-Mart.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

^
You don’t have to transfer money into Paypal before buying something. You just use Paypal to charge the amount directly onto your credit card.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Can always order a card from gamestop or something