[Speculation] Jeweler 500 coming?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Hi Guys,

since LS Season 2 started, alot of change has come to the jeweller gemstone and universal upgrade market, so i hope its a good sign that they are at least still working on implementing Jeweler 500.

It seems they tried out several new ways of regulating those markets, so I guess they are still far from finished, though.

First they introduced Mawdrey, which ate alot of sunstone nuggets and lumps. Drytop and SW seem to produce alot of upgrade components from all the people mining. Having few waypoints and people constantly running from 1 event or chest to the next, seems to open the faucet quite a bit on mthril, ori and upgrade components. Even though most upgrade components etc. need to have a proper sink because they are at vendor value, it is also required to have a second look at faucets and check how you can adjust them quickly, if demand seems to be too high, once a new mayor sink, like jeweller 500, goes live.
They put Platinum Doubloons as an ingredient for the new bountiful nourishments and now they made the new Amalgamated Gemstones forgeable with crests. Its only a couple of upgrade components that got an additional sink for now but due to forging, that also put additional demand on other UCs.
We also saw a sudden influx of exotic jewels with Twister in a Jar dropping down under 30s and people starting to forge it to salvage ectos and jewels off the forged trinkets.
Collections also paid alot of attention to trinkets in general, from their requirement for several achievements or new ascended trinkets being introduced. Mawdrey spitting out every other crafting material and various karma trinkets but NO upgrade components must have a reason as well.

Well, lets hope we see more change on that front and maybe we see the big update soon. While the other 2 ascended updates werent my most profitable ones, they were certainly the most fun in terms of trading.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I honestly dont’ know. But many of the incentive to do some contents is because it’s the only place to get ascended jewel(for example to get assasin jewel you need to complete your dungeon collection).

I’m not sure what’s the incentive for people to complete their collection if they can get easily by spending a few gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I honestly dont’ know. But many of the incentive to do some contents is because it’s the only place to get ascended jewel(for example to get assasin jewel you need to complete your dungeon collection).

I’m not sure what’s the incentive for people to complete their collection if they can get easily by spending a few gold.

There are many examples where Anet introduced limited rewards to a broader audience later on. It certainly devalues the rewards for those that obtained them earlier but the general player base is excited. There are pros and cons and i can see both sides.
Personally, i would really like to get the ascended sentinel jewels for my warrior but i cant be bothered yet to grind the dungeon tokens. As much as I would love to have those jewels now to max my build, I accept that they chose to introduce that ability to only a few players to make them feel more rewarded.
It also might have balancing reasons. Lets assume there werent any build limitations and everybody could max his stats without any effort. Many say that would be great for build diversity. But it also is way harder to balance because the meta builds could change instantly everytime someone finds an OP build. Right now it takes alot of time to max your ascended builds for several reasons. There are either gold restrictions, time gates or restricted content to obtain it. I could think of several builds for example for full ascended sentinel or keeper gear that might be OP and that is just on warrior defensive builds. So if someone finds such a build now, even if many would like to change to that build to make it the new meta, it will take alot of time due to all the restrictions.
It ultimately leads to a higher build diversity across the player base, if changing a build takes alot of time and ressources and it makes it easier to balance.
That might not have that much of an impact on pve but in wvw.
You will see a blob of full of keeper gear guardians in turtle formation chasing a blob of scattered condi rangers. Right now this could never happen because you dont have enough people on any server with a guardian in full ascended keeper gear.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Would/will be interesting to see what is included in 400-500 jeweling. There are so many ways to get ascended jewelry now and the exotic jewelry we would need to make to level from 400 to 500 would be such a waste. As well, what would happen to the content that rewards ascended jewelry now if we could craft ascended jewelry?

I certainly wouldn’t invest in jeweling mats at this point.

edit: Perhaps ascended sigils and runes?

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Would/will be interesting to see what is included in 400-500 jeweling. There are so many ways to get ascended jewelry now and the exotic jewelry we would need to make to level from 400 to 500 would be such a waste. As well, what would happen to the content that rewards ascended jewelry now if we could craft ascended jewelry?

I certainly wouldn’t invest in jeweling mats at this point.

edit: Perhaps ascended sigils and runes?

I think there are already enough ideas out there for ascended jeweling and it would just add a new way of acquiring some of the already existing ones and introduce some new ones. Some stats are already set up nicely because they are already gated heavily in some way, for example zealot and nomad jewels or assasins and sentinel.
Then we could see new infusions be introduced or they go strait to legendary trinkets in order to combat the supply of new exotic trinkets, which will be crafted from 400-500, or already existing ascended trinkets. Exotics go into the mf for precursors, ascended are used to obtain the stats in it.
Right now I personally wont invest into jeweler 500 speculation as well because i have done that already a long time ago and I am active on other markets anyways for now.
I also think its a safe bet that we wont see anything happen this year anymore, even though it would be a nice addition to wintersday. I guess we have to wait until Season is over at least and then wait for the next feature pack, if we are lucky.
But as i said, its nice to know that they are working on something regarding trinkets and it isnt totally neglected.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I really want to see r500 Jeweler and Chef get introduced too, though it’s more out of a completionist urge than anything else. I’m sure I have more than enough raw mats squirreled away for my own needs, and since I already have lots of Ascended trinkets (thanks to my completionist playstyle, the Living Story and the dungeon collections ended up giving me plenty of Ascended trinkets that saved me a lot of money), I suspect I won’t need anywhere near the amount of refined Ascended mats for Jeweler. (I’m currently stockpiling Lumps of Mithrilium in anticipation of them being needed to craft Xunlai Electrum Ingots.)

… Unless, of course, ANet does something crazy like introduce Legendary trinkets…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m not expecting any new crafting now, at least not until the new year. Anet is probably winding down for the year and cleaning up lose ends. Does anyone know when their financial year end is? It sucks when that is also Dec. 31, but a lot of companies still do that.

There is one more patch to go before year end? Wintersday, of course and it looks to me like the Living Story will drag on into January. I doubt crafting will get an update until after Living Story is done.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I know they said the next feature pack was supposed to be very veteran focused. I would think it will probably come with the next feature pack if it is coming. I also suspect that the main draw of jewelcrafting will be appearance modifying jewelry instead of stats, since most people have the stats already.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

NCSOFT’s fiscal year ends Dec 31 so as a wholly owned subsidiary, I assume ANet is as well.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes