T6 prices will skyrocket after the 15th

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Gathering nodes will be changed. You would need to explore the map to hunt down nodes instead of using websites/API. This would greatly impact supply of T6 material gathering.

What do you think? Will this happen?

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

No because lvl 80 zones wont be affected by the megaserver rollout until later this year.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ That.

15 Charrs approve of this post.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

thats why i was confused when everyone was saying that vols guide will be dead after the 15th, so a few 1-15 metas cant be done big whoop

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And APIs were never used to track down T6 mat locations. It was always player sourced.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

thats why i was confused when everyone was saying that vols guide will be dead after the 15th, so a few 1-15 metas cant be done big whoop

It’s been changed so that the update to megaservers will take effect on low population maps and the PvP lobby. It’s still unclear which maps they consider to be low population.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

It’s been changed so that the update to megaservers will take effect on low population maps and the PvP lobby. It’s still unclear which maps they consider to be low population.

Cities and lvl 1-15 areas.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Cities and lvl 1-15 areas.

No, it was changed to low-population areas first. That excludes most cities and probably all the 1-15 areas (possibly Plains of Ashford is low-pop).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

T6 already skyrocked (vial of powerful blood & co), and even obsidian shards are keeping stable now (in a period without living story, to stop people from having time to farm them), so that’s basically an increase in price already.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Look at prices now. 45 silver. The skyrocketing already happened. And it’s only getting worse. Anet is giving player incentive to make legendaries (account bound) while locking down all decent t6 sources. 2000x t6 per legendary, with this bad droprate is madness. If every precursor (with this logic) is worth 2000 t6 materials, then even precursors drop faster then t6 wich is stupid. Mr John Smith Perfect plan is rolling out i guess.

Wrong topic, as we a talking about gatherable common t6 mats, not fine t6 mats.

Thanks for your Rage though, i hope it chances the eternal alchemy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Wrong topic, this is not the Asura forum.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Wrong topic, this is not the Asura forum.

Why would an Asura want to change the eternal alchemy?.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

who is this Wanze, and why is he talking about lore?!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

who is this Wanze, and why is he talking about lore?!

A “wanze” talking about lore .. that must be a “bug”

http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_de.html#/search=wanze&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

T6 already skyrocked (vial of powerful blood & co), and even obsidian shards are keeping stable now (in a period without living story, to stop people from having time to farm them), so that’s basically an increase in price already.

Obsidian Shards have always been stable at 2.1k karma.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Another thing is that the map will constantly recreate itself becoming a new “overflow” each time it gets capped, therefore mining materials will in one way become harder because of locating it, but in another way it’s like you’re guesting to a new map EVERY time, creating new nodes (that your character can mine every time) each time you zone. It’s like guesting to a different server over and over without the cap of 2 guests.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Another thing is that the map will constantly recreate itself becoming a new “overflow” each time it gets capped, therefore mining materials will in one way become harder because of locating it, but in another way it’s like you’re guesting to a new map EVERY time, creating new nodes (that your character can mine every time) each time you zone. It’s like guesting to a different server over and over without the cap of 2 guests.

Even if the node refreshes there are caps on how many times you can mine a node. Guesting doesn’t bypass that limit. I think when the game launched people used to abuse that so it doesn’t work anymore.

(This is a per day limit of course)

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

but in another way it’s like you’re guesting to a new map EVERY time, creating new nodes (that your character can mine every time) each time you zone. It’s like guesting to a different server over and over without the cap of 2 guests.

That is however only interesting for rich nodes, and since rich nodes normally have semi-random spots i like to harvest them first with all my character on the same locations.
Resets are only getting interesting after i have harvested them all

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

Even if the node refreshes there are caps on how many times you can mine a node. Guesting doesn’t bypass that limit. I think when the game launched people used to abuse that so it doesn’t work anymore.

(This is a per day limit of course)

That only counts for Ori, Ancient Wood and rich veins with a fixed location. Even semi-random rich veins, that normally have a 24 hour time, can be harvested again after a map reset if they pop up at the same location.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

My bad, i was in hurry, i meant Orichalcum Not obsidian. I guess the O I A letters in each made me confuse one with another. Stupid mistake Those are 5-5,2 silver now (list price). They used to be 3-4 silver.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

No because lvl 80 zones wont be affected by the megaserver rollout until later this year.

Are you sure about that now?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I believe we are all megaserver all the time now. There wasn’t any major technical glitches during the roll out and they expanded the megaserver balancing quickly.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

I believe we are all megaserver all the time now. There wasn’t any major technical glitches during the roll out and they expanded the megaserver balancing quickly.

And because of that, the old websites showing the locations of T6 gathering nodes have become somewhat useless, thus affecting their supply into the market.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

Its already “later that year” it seems .. that was also really faster than what i expected

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

You complain because something happened ahead of schedule? Then the series of delays for “precursor crafting” must have you positively giddy with excitement.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

So how’d that prediction work out for you, I see T6 blood has hit 48s each now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You realize that T6 blood is not a “gathering material”. It’s a drop. T6 mats that drop been going up in price steadily since the release of the game. This whole topic is based on T6 gathering materials like Ancient Wood or Ori Ore.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

2 nights ago i managed to sell 7 vicious fangs for 95s when somebody had maybe tried to manipulate the market and bought all fangs that were available.

However i portet back to my bank then, throw another 10 into the TP for 95s .. but the price very fast went back to kitten or even lower.

So that showed me first time live that marked manipulation really doesn’t work with common materials.
And yes .. i know that this thread is about Ori / Ancient Wood .. but i just wanted to tell that story somewhere

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Looking at TP Sell/Buy prices and Supply vs Demand, Ancient Wood looks fine, but Ori Supply seems to be steady while the Demand has gone up (but the price is relatively stable).

BTW, you mentioned Powerful Blood (not a node associated material as mentioned previously). It’s price in FACT spiked down a good bit after the patch went live and has since rebounded to pre-patch levels and while it HAS moved slightly higher since the patch there was a spike in demand (for some reason) and NO drop in Supply (your claim of a pending problem).

So far, I see no evidence that the Megaserver system has in any way “hurt” the overall economy in terms of farming nodes. Obviously, it’s not as easy as looking at GW2nodes any longer, but I loaded several characters into Frostgorge last night and they all hit the same nodes (once I located them by using MAP chat for 15 seconds).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The increase in demand might have been linked to people crafting Pearl weapons and T6 armor for their skins. If so, we can expect it to be a short-term surge only.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

Looking at TP Sell/Buy prices and Supply vs Demand, Ancient Wood looks fine, but Ori Supply seems to be steady while the Demand has gone up (but the price is relatively stable).

BTW, you mentioned Powerful Blood (not a node associated material as mentioned previously). It’s price in FACT spiked down a good bit after the patch went live and has since rebounded to pre-patch levels and while it HAS moved slightly higher since the patch there was a spike in demand (for some reason) and NO drop in Supply (your claim of a pending problem).

So far, I see no evidence that the Megaserver system has in any way “hurt” the overall economy in terms of farming nodes. Obviously, it’s not as easy as looking at GW2nodes any longer, but I loaded several characters into Frostgorge last night and they all hit the same nodes (once I located them by using MAP chat for 15 seconds).

I know I am farming less because I just don’t have the time to run around the map to look for the nodes. Previously it was so convenient to just use the website to go to where they are. Now, that website is mostly useless.

I assume I am not the only T6 farmer affected by this. But if you have lots of time to explore the whole map, sure, you are probably not affected.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

I normally searched for the map(s) with the best layout in Frostgorge and then farmed there each day with 12 character. I already did that much less the weeks before when the maps were resetting every night and were often incorrect, and will in future harvest a lot less.

Also, even if its not T6, i at least noticed a rise in platin prices where i think that is directly related to the fact that this special node in Timberline Falls can’t be harvested that much now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I know I am farming less because I just don’t have the time to run around the map to look for the nodes. Previously it was so convenient to just use the website to go to where they are. Now, that website is mostly useless.

I assume I am not the only T6 farmer affected by this. But if you have lots of time to explore the whole map, sure, you are probably not affected.

I would argue that the mayority of common t6 mats is being generated by salvaging, not gathering, so this change might have a bigger impact on you personally than the general player base. Right now it also seems that there are more people in Orr and Southsun that werent there before. They might not farm nodes but will pick up whatever they come across, so theyfarm more ori and ancient wood than before.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

I would argue that the mayority of common t6 mats is being generated by salvaging, not gathering, so this change might have a bigger impact on you personally than the general player base. Right now it also seems that there are more people in Orr and Southsun that werent there before. They might not farm nodes but will pick up whatever they come across, so theyfarm more ori and ancient wood than before.

So like I said, if you are someone with limited playing time and login just to farm the T6 nodes, then you would be affected.

If you are someone who have lots of time to join trains to kill mobs, then gather T6 nodes on the side, then sure, it wouldn’t affect you much. It is not that there are more people in Orr now than before, but because of the megaserver, you now SEE more people in Orr than before or any of the maps for that matter.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

It is not that there are more people in Orr now than before, but because of the megaserver, you now SEE more people in Orr than before or any of the maps for that matter.

True, I use Rata Sum for crafting/TP access, and pre-patch there might have been half a dozen toons standing around at any particular time, now there are dozens.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I agree with you analysis….I’m certainly doing other things than Farming Frostgorge nodes like I used to.

I’m wondering if they just need to match the nodes across all servers, but potentially randomize them (if possible) on a timer. Searching zones you don’t need or want to explore just for resource nodes is a chore (but I guess that should / could be considered part of playing the game).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

later this year came quick. all zones are megaserver now

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

My statement still stands correct, though. There is little i can do about the way you interpret it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

My statement still stands correct, though. There is little i can do about the way you interpret it.

Your statement did give a false impression that it would take a much longer time for level 80 zones to be affected by the megaserver rollout than they did.

However, I don’t blame you since you could not have known how soon ANet would rollout their megaserver throughout the game, at that time.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

but the zones could still only be affected later in the year, even if megaserver came around sooner than that

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

but the zones could still only be affected later in the year, even if megaserver came around sooner than that

Looks like it is later in the year now then.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Looks like it is later in the year now then.

Stating the obvious, until next year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It went up a bit. But ancient wood is on a downhill trend. There’s much less demand also.

Not sure if Anet will introduce more demand for orichalcum or wood.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

I have stopped farming and selling T6 materials ever since the megaserver update. I’ll be watching how much they would rise and it looks like I am not the only one who think their prices would rise.

http://www.guildwars2tradingpost.com/2014/05/only-362-people-will-get-to.html#.U3rBU_ldV8E

http://www.guildwars2tradingpost.com/2014/05/festival-of-four-winds-and-quartz.html#.U3rCwPldV8E

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CaveSalamander.9150

CaveSalamander.9150

I have stopped farming and selling T6 materials ever since the megaserver update. I’ll be watching how much they would rise and it looks like I am not the only one who think their prices would rise.

http://www.guildwars2tradingpost.com/2014/05/only-362-people-will-get-to.html#.U3rBU_ldV8E

http://www.guildwars2tradingpost.com/2014/05/festival-of-four-winds-and-quartz.html#.U3rCwPldV8E

No offence but.. this thread has been dead for 22 days and now you want to chime in?

The first link sounds to me like someone trying to manipulate the market to their will- ori isn’t as hard to get as silk (no nodes) or karka shells (from mostly infrequently done content, the queen being exeption) so the price is unlikely to jump as dramatically. You can get around ~45 ori a day just from noding, add a couple salvages and it really isn’t that rare.
The article’s also not taking in account those who already have that amount. Hoarders exist, there’s no denying that.

The second article seems more reasonable.

My quest is to find the dorito.

(edited by CaveSalamander.9150)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

No offence but.. this thread has been dead for 22 days and now you want to chime in?

The first link sounds to me like someone trying to manipulate the market to their will- ori isn’t as hard to get as silk (no nodes) or karka shells (from mostly infrequently done content, the queen being exeption) so the price is unlikely to jump as dramatically. You can get around ~45 ori a day just from noding, add a couple salvages and it really isn’t that rare.
The article’s also not taking in account those who already have that amount. Hoarders exist, there’s no denying that.

There was a big thread on reddit discussing markco and his market manipulation.

in Black Lion Trading Co

DarkSpirit.7046

The best argument is to just look at the current market data. If I am wrong, then the price of orichalcum ore shouldn’t be rising.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/19701

If you post something that contradicts current market data then you are attempting to manipulate the market, not me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

I suspect the ori market is liquid enough that the handful of people who read markco’s blog aren’t going to make that big of a dent.

On the merits, neither the introduction of ascended weapons nor armor saw the ori market dry up. I doubt JC would be different. More likely to be less so given the alternative sources of jewelry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

tolunart.2095

On the merits, neither the introduction of ascended weapons nor armor saw the ori market dry up. I doubt JC would be different. More likely to be less so given the alternative sources of jewelry.

That’s certainly something to consider, with other forms of ascended crafting the equipment was new and therefore in high demand, but most of the people who feel they need ascended rings and trinkets already have them, at least on their mains and by now probably most of their alts. There will be much less of a rush to max out jewelcrafting abilities.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

That’s certainly something to consider, with other forms of ascended crafting the equipment was new and therefore in high demand, but most of the people who feel they need ascended rings and trinkets already have them, at least on their mains and by now probably most of their alts. There will be much less of a rush to max out jewelcrafting abilities.

Well first of all, i dont expect jwlr 500 anytime soon but once it hits, it will initially suck out some ori for people speedlvling their craft to 500. Even though some people might be all set with asc trinkets but there still could be something worthwhile to craft at 500, for example infusions.

With t6 common mats you always have to keep in mind that they arent used alot in ascended crafting, just for crafting from 400-500. So they dont have such a long lasting price surge compared to t2-5, which will be needed to craft xunlai electrons on a daily basis