Thanks John..

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

..for no more armor repairs.

After 7,663 deaths and roughly 100g in repair costs. Even Mini Evon approves of this change because i always pay my taxes and wear my Vote for Evon Button.

Who would think that playing the TP would be so deadly?

Attachments:

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Neither of these changes will impact me, since retraits/armor repairs were insignificant and champ farming isn’t the best way to make gold.

Maybe John Smith felt that it was time to have some deflation in the economy…

/SELLSEVERYTHING

edit: or disinflation, I’m too lazy to think

(edited by Vol.7601)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Maybe John Smith felt that it was time to have some deflation in the economy…

/SELLSEVERYTHING

ZOMG the sky is falling!

/BearMarket

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Johns first mistakes in this patch. I knew it had to come. It probably isn’t even for convenience, but jsut to nerf the gold existing in the market.

My personal economy lesson for John. Undue the repair change. Continu with scarlet alike npc’s. Currency + gold to get something. Selfless potion is like what, 500 armor repairs? Repeat these, and you will have more sink then the not so clever repair cost overhaul.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Johns first mistakes in this patch. I knew it had to come. It probably isn’t even for convenience, but jsut to nerf the gold existing in the market.

My personal economy lesson for John. Undue the repair change. Continu with scarlet alike npc’s. Currency + gold to get something. Selfless potion is like what, 500 armor repairs? Repeat these, and you will have more sink then the not so clever repair cost overhaul.

How is removing a gold sink going to decrease the gold existing in the market?

Server: Devona’s Rest

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Interesting changes needless to say, but I think the decrease of coin reward from Events is a big mistake. It’s hard to find people even willing to do the different events now, with the exception of the world bosses.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

Interesting changes needless to say, but I think the decrease of coin reward from Events is a big mistake. It’s hard to find people even willing to do the different events now, with the exception of the world bosses.

Coin rewards from events are small anyway. I don’t think it will make a material difference. People who do those low-level, non-meta events are doing it mainly for exp.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Next

I find this very confusing, could you elaborate a bit?

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I find this very confusing, could you elaborate a bit?

I’m quite confused aswell.

A non-sarcastic thank you from me though. I’m unsure for who it will really make a difference since it was such a minor money-sink, but I’m sure someone out there is very happy about it!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Agree. Thanks so much for the changes.

I mean, ideally I’d prefer we transition to anarcho-syndicalist communalism, but until then, these changes are great.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Cheers John!

I virtually never died, so with nerf to champion loot/events I will be considerably worse off gold wise.

Cheers again John, thanks very much!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Cheers John!

I virtually never died, so with nerf to champion loot/events I will be considerably worse off gold wise.

You’ve died 895 times.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Cheers John!

You’ve died 895 times.

Wow, that’s almost 14.68g in repair costs.

;)

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

(edited by Flytrap.8075)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Wow, that’s almost 3g in repair costs.

14.68 gold, assuming all the deaths were at level 80, but who’s counting?

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Meglobob.8620

Cheers John!

You’ve died 895 times.

But I die a lot less now…not bad considering I mainly do WvW.

I will be worse off gold wise but I was just being (or trying) to be funny.

I am not bothered by the change, champion bags are boring and the loot in them is boring…

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

Same here regarding this.

If something had to be removed, WP costs would’ve been better and more universal. Maybe in addition to that, armor repair cost could’ve been removed in WvW only.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Elaborate? lol. Selfless potion a 10g (crazy for gw2 standards) per person (that bought it) sink is big. And i only saw it with scarlet.

Scared John nerfed events and champ bags to OFFSET repair change. I say, screw nerfs. Nerf nothing. But repeat the 10g (and alike) sinks. and remove repair bills.

No repair bill + 10g sinks (selfless potion) = win
No repair bill + Loot nerf = loose (I have 2k deaths, means thus 32g , that’s nothing compared to event money that slowly builded up).

Remember jonh, effort gotta be rewarded. Farming 200 events (pretty hardcore for a day) still will only yield 2-4g. Why nerf that? Dungeon runners get more in less time. You saying ‘events are fun but since this is a grind game, i want you to stop farming events and rather to back to dungeon speedclears?’.

Sorry for the negativity but this does nothing for me but annoy me. Less gold + same convenience (you still must go to repair npc). Loose + status quo = bad business. All I feel is the push to buy a discount account and use it for reselling. You know of what i’m speaking John. Is that how you want me to earn my legendaries? Cause sure feels that way… Resellers gonna be even more king of the game, with events ( a casual happening, that can’t be chained for abuse) being nerfs rewards into the ground.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

You can opt out of waypoints I don’t feel that it’s the same as repair.
Also 14.6506g in total cost, you guys are good!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AngelsShadow.7360

AngelsShadow.7360

Cheers John!

Here is why you will not be worse off ‘gold wise’ as a result of this change (graph included):

1. Gold will sink from the game far faster than it is being brought in with the reduction of Champ Farming and Event Completion gold. This will occur as players pay taxes.

2. Due to each player having ‘less gold’, they sell items that they received from Events and Champ farming, such as T6 Materials. As well as this, these items fall in price due to an increased supply[Graph: AS shifts down the AD curve to AS1, Price level drops down to P1].

3. As a consequence of this, all items associated with the materials being mass sold (T5, Weapons, etc.) will fall in price too – the number of associated items are a lot, and pretty much cover everything that a player needs.

4. Because a lot of players have listed all their materials and items due to the price fall (known as panic selling), no one really wants to buy any of that stuff due to it falling in price thus demand falls. [Graph: AD curve moves down the AS curve to AD1, Price Levels fall further to P2].

Okay, now you are probably wondering how this means you have more gold than you did before, lets say before this all happened, I could buy 100 vicious claws for 50g (random example), due to the price drops my gold will now buy me 200 vicious claws for the same amount, thus my gold is worth more. Please remember that this is more of a long term scenario – this could not necessarily happen overnight and this is only taking into account the changes implied by the blog post today – they may just as easily be counteracted by another change mentioned another day.

Attachments:

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Remember one thing John. Something may ‘fit the pieces’ from an economic point of view, but there is also ‘grind > boredom’. If you don’t get enough reward for time played people get kittened and leave. I’m not there yet to leave, but it’s surely not helping me to keep in the game. And i know 3 friends already left the game because it’s to unrewarding (rewards to much nerfed, while everything inflates).

For instances Legendaries will be bad business in future. You will make poor people poorer, but with the crazy low precursor drop rate, (that seems to somehow lock out at maximum 10 a day as of my observations), a legendary will remain rare and resellers will remain as rich as they are now. Conclusion: legendary price won’t drop, but players income will drop. A main endgame component of the game just became harder to get, more easy to give up onto.

Anyway’s that’s my view on it. I admit there were times i was frustrated with repair cost (especially when i was a poor noob, player wvw). But with all my experience gathered, I don’t die that much, neither in wvw or dungeons or pve. And for me this will be a 4 to one nerf (Income of events/champ bags is 4x bigger then repair cost, nerfing both would mean I loose 3x as much income as i would pay for repair costs). And with the few things i want in game not dropping because this deflation, i don’t see this as good.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

Speaking of repairs…

Attachments:

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Minami Kaori.2548

Not the same as repair. But when you say that you feel the time penalty of visiting a repair NPC is enough of a “punishment” for dying, then traveling on foot everywhere (taking ~15 minutes to run across a couple of maps if you’re higher leveled than the enemies around you) is penalty for what?
For not paying the 1.5-5 silver per travel?

Maybe I just really hate WP costs, because I love traveling around to different areas with different feels. :/

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is outrageous! I demand a refund for all of the times I’ve die—shot

Thanks John. I die far fewer times than I earn champ bags on the side, so I think this will net affect me negatively, but whatever. I farm gold on the TP anyway.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I virtually never died

You’ve died 895 times.

But I die a lot less now…

Don’t try to fix it, that was a burn on the face hahaha.

Anyway, i love the new changes <3, No repair cost will indeed help a lot of players, and it’ll allow new players to take some more risks instead of being “afraid of the bill”.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

Elaborate? lol. Selfless potion a 10g (crazy for gw2 standards) per person (that bought it) sink is big. And i only saw it with scarlet.

Scared John nerfed events and champ bags to OFFSET repair change. I say, screw nerfs. Nerf nothing. But repeat the 10g (and alike) sinks. and remove repair bills.

No repair bill + 10g sinks (selfless potion) = win
No repair bill + Loot nerf = loose (I have 2k deaths, means thus 32g , that’s nothing compared to event money that slowly builded up).

Remember jonh, effort gotta be rewarded. Farming 200 events (pretty hardcore for a day) still will only yield 2-4g. Why nerf that? Dungeon runners get more in less time. You saying ‘events are fun but since this is a grind game, i want you to stop farming events and rather to back to dungeon speedclears?’.

Sorry for the negativity but this does nothing for me but annoy me. Less gold + same convenience (you still must go to repair npc). Loose + status quo = bad business. All I feel is the push to buy a discount account and use it for reselling. You know of what i’m speaking John. Is that how you want me to earn my legendaries? Cause sure feels that way… Resellers gonna be even more king of the game, with events ( a casual happening, that can’t be chained for abuse) being nerfs rewards into the ground.

The biggest problem with one-off gold sinks is that they are one-off gold sinks. What percent of the population do you think purchased a selfish/selfless potion? Compare that to the percent of players who pay for repairs (that one is known… it’s 100% of players). With repairs, the amount of gold going out of the economy is very easy to predict whereas the amount of gold sunk with a one-off item could vary to extreme amounts.

When you pull out a gold sink that all players are using, you need to also cap off a gold flow of equal size. The champ bag gold is not a lot per hour, but after the nerf it would appear it will be of equal size to the lost sink.

Unless you spend most of your time farming champions for gold (which, honestly, is probably the worst way you could spend your time other than black lion chest key farming in terms of gold per hour), this change is a complete wash for you.

(edited by mtpelion.4562)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tub.4560

Tub.4560

If something had to be removed, WP costs would’ve been better and more universal.

Ahh, good old GW1 days. I wish they would.

Unless you’re dead on the floor in an explorable area with nobody around. Half the gold penalty for dying remains. And the “newer and less experienced players” you were targeting are rarely in dungeons, wvw or large pve zergs where they can be rezzed.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

WoW, we get something free of charge, and people are complaining? Can’t believe that…
Maybe start thinking about all the players who are not playing 24/7 and not having so much money to throw it away for things like the selfless potion?

I’m grateful, that the repair cost is getting removed. Thanks for that!

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I’m mainly scared they will overdue the event nerf. From my maths, and questioning ppl’s deaths/event ratio, the nerf would only need 25-33% maximum.

That means 4 silver Orr events become 3-3,2 silver
Noob event 1 silver become 70 copper around
Keep capture in borderland 7,62 siler becomes 5,5 silver.

If what i list is the end result of John smiths action. No probs, at all. I’m even ok with it then.

More then this? Then you have me kittened, because you are basically not compensating the repair bill, but actually sneaking a nasty sink in that will hurt a lot of casual player the most actually.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Meglobob.8620

I virtually never died

You’ve died 895 times.

I was not expecting my deaths to be quoted back to me, correct.

That’s why John Smith is Legendary

Even when he makes me poor and takes gold from my poor 8×80th lvl characters mouths…

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

I virtually never died

You’ve died 895 times.

Even when he makes me poor and takes gold from my poor 8×80th lvl characters mouths…

To be fair, you do die less now

Attachments:

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

mtpelion.4562

To be fair, you do die less now

As a guy who loves data… I so very, very much envy your job John.

Do you need an apprentice?

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I virtually never died

You’ve died 895 times.

Legendary wasn’t the choice word I would have used….

It’s easy to look smart and all powerful when you can pull metrics on just about anything and the other person can’t….

EDIT: As a side note I do think this change was a good one, and all of the people complaining about the economic impacts are based on complete guesswork and lack of data.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

(edited by eleshazar.6902)

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Nothing about that statement is false.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

Your link is broken. Please fix it so I can apply to be your Anet Econ lackey.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

In general i like the shift in gold sinks. If you died, it meant you engaged in challenging gameplay (unless your deaths mostly come from pvp but mine are 95% wvw/pve related, and some on the tp). Champ bags mostly derive from degenerate gameplay and shoudnt be the best option to earn gold.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Nothing about that statement is false.

It’s ok, you didn’t have to edit out the “brilliant part” :P. I have noticed your demeanor on the forums has improved lately. Perhaps someone threatened to take away your stapler if you didn’t play nice with the kids? ;-)

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Minami Kaori.2548

… and shoudnt be the best option to earn gold.

It never was….

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Great change, fully behind this, but could you also remove waypoint costs while you are at it? I think they are an even bigger issue than repair costs because it punishes people for meeting up with others or wanting to experience out of the way content.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

Try copy and paste, the linking from forums is being weird.

and lol no eleshazar, I often get overworked when people intentionally spread false information to the uninformed, it’s a hot button of mine. Other than that I’m a very (pleasant?) individual.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

No repairs? Sounds like a nice quality-of-life change. I’ve only ever seen it as an inconvenience. Whatever purpose(s) it was originally supposed to serve are probably non-existent now.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Not really going to be impacted by the removal of repair costs too much. Gold has never been that rewarding (one of the reasons why this game isn’t very rewarding since revolves around it) compared to direct items. Now if we could add in some extra trading taxes and up reward items in the game….now that would be something.

Oh did I mention birds of a feather flock together?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SonicTHI.3217

SonicTHI.3217

I ve died so little i almost never had to pay for repairs, even then it was most often due to forgetting to grab a can or by mislicking when wanting to sell stuff. The canisters i got from dailies or rewards were enough.
On the other hand most of my play time is playing alts, doing normal open world events and compared to other things in the game the gain from those is already dreadful.

I d prefer if you added longer cooldowns on champs and made them easier/faster to kill with only a few players. As it is right now most champs never even get touched while others are farmed 24/7.

Well, there s still a few features left on the list so one can hope for a fix of the open world situation but so far i dont like this.

PS: what do i do with 22 leftover repair canisters now?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike O’Brien, President of Arenanet

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.7601

I’m considering releasing my gold making guide next week John.

+500g a week, but doesn’t involve gold faucets at all. I sincerely hope you do not nerf it at all

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

+500g a week, but doesn’t involve gold faucets at all. I sincerely hope you do not nerf it at all

I have guide that can help you make even more money than that. It involves some work but I believe it is not worth it.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

John, i know you´re double chained, crippled and immobilized by NDA´s but if you can find just one Guardian to buff you some stability and maybe disclose some values on gold sinks and springs that would be appreciated. I dont look for values but relative %.
Especially i would be interested in gold sunk by repair cost on average per month and gold generated by champ loot bags and dynamic events.

Personally, i dont think that info on that would hurt the economy. And it will hurt the EOTM train harder than the frostgorge or queensdale train.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Smooth Penguin.5294

This job is to be the John Smith of the GW2-Chinese client. I don’t want such responsibilities. Just let me grab your morning coffee, and you can pay me with Gem discounts, and a 12 hour buffer for knowing which mats will be important for upcoming game changes.

/grin

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

While i believe you to be able to make 500g+ per week, i doubt that everybody, who will follow your guide will be able to do the same.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Previous

John Smith.4610

Next

This job is to be the John Smith of the GW2-Chinese client. I don’t want such responsibilities. Just let me grab your morning coffee, and you can pay me with Gem discounts, and a 12 hour buffer for knowing which mats will be important for upcoming game changes.

/grin

That job is to make my life easier while I John Smith while learning to John Smith.

John, i know you´re double chained, crippled and immobilized by NDA´s but if you can find just one Guardian to buff you some stability and maybe disclose some values on gold sinks and springs that would be appreciated. I dont look for values but relative %.
Especially i would be interested in gold sunk by repair cost on average per month and gold generated by champ loot bags and dynamic events.

Personally, i dont think that info on that would hurt the economy. And it will hurt the EOTM train harder than the frostgorge or queensdale train.

Sorry, even guardians aren’t that strong.

Thanks John..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Same here regarding this.

So you’re also lying then?