The Delequa Family Blade?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

This isn’t the same sword that was leaked a while ago.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Delaqua_Family_Blade

It’s nearly identical, but it lacks the wielded effect. What does this mean? I guess the Black Lion one is a ‘replica’ lore wise, but does that mean that the actual blade is of some significance still? Will the version with the glow be available to players at some point?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

It’s possible that it is simply an NPC only weapon.

I can’t see them releasing a “superior” version ingame after putting the “inferior” version in the gem shop simply because while I would like it ingame, I can see many people feeling ripped off.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

It might be an experiment. They might see how many people will pursue the in game model (which might be coming soon) versus having the skin on the gem store.

I’m not sure though. Considering it is ascended makes me think it will be available as a drop or a LS reward

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

probably cuz u and i aren’t a delequa, and they don’t want everyone running around with it when there is supposed to be only one. The one in the store, is a tribute to her, and thus not the original.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malthurius.6870

It might be an experiment. They might see how many people will pursue the in game model (which might be coming soon) versus having the skin on the gem store.

I’m not sure though. Considering it is ascended makes me think it will be available as a drop or a LS reward

They’ve done similar things with ascended armor and the triple threat boss where the boss dropped a more thematic version of the same skin.

This would be a first to release a lesser version on the gem store and the ‘true’ version through achievement in game; but I can see this being a thing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

I think the delaqua family blade is a story instance only weapon, like caldebog. There’s NO way anet can sell a skin on the TP, then give away/make earnable a better version in game. Look at the flame kissed light armor fiasco for a hint of how this would go, only then, it was 20 gold, not 8 dollars in real money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I think the delaqua family blade is a story instance only weapon, like caldebog. There’s NO way anet can sell a skin on the TP, then give away/make earnable a better version in game. Look at the flame kissed light armor fiasco for a hint of how this would go, only then, it was 20 gold, not 8 dollars in real money.

It’s sort of the opposite though. The better version available in game and the lesser skin in the gem store. But meh idk. We will see

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

It’s sort of the opposite though. The better version available in game and the lesser skin in the gem store. But meh idk. We will see

Yeah, but the effect is the same. People will complain, and rightly so, that they got a lesser version for money while people get a glowing ascended sword for “free” in game. I honestly think that we’ll have to do something with Belinda’s ghost, and that’s when the glowing sword shows up. After all, the mega man cannon that Horrik used had a chat code, but was never released in game or on the gem store. (tho if I recall, it was just a skin, and didn’t have flavor text, which leads me to believe that the family blade is more like Caldebolg, in that you actually get to wield it, but only in a story instance.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’m hoping it would be like the god backpieces (light of dwayna, shadow of grenth and chaos of lyssa) but a weapon instead where the recipe drops and you need a couple hundred gold to craft it.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Hmm. I’m surprised they haven’t done this sooner, but it would be interesting if they went the way of allowing players to upgrade gem store skins instead of strictly in-game acquired skins. It would combine skins only being sold in the gem store with the ability to upgrade the appearance via in-game play and tasks.

Perhaps this skin will be able to be upgraded in appearance after accomplishing in-game tasks; like putting Belinda’s ghost to rest or secretly allowing her ghost to ‘haunt’ the blade (unbeknownst to Marjory) so Belinda can stay close to her and help protect her while we push the fight toward Mordremoth.

Think of it like the Spinal Blade back piece where the base back piece without any appendages was released as being a skin sold in the gem store instead of being acquired in-game after combining the 4 blueprint pieces acquired from drops during the LA LS event.

Basically, “Step 1” of a skin is available from the gem store, then you could proceed to do the different fetch/upgrade/attune quests like we’ve done for recent LS back pieces to acquire the various elements to upgrade its appearance.

Evon recently acquired a mysterious cache of weapons unearthed from the rubble of the devastated city of Lion’s Arch. They appear to be of a style common to those used during the Guild Wars (introducing more GW1 weapon/armor skins). Though some of those who recovered the weapons have reported hearing voices when wielding them, Evon has put them up for sale with a ‘Use at your own risk and don’t blame me if you grow a second head or something’ disclaimer.

• Buy the weapon (or armor) skin from the gem store and apply it to a weapon.
  • A voice speaking a riddle seems to fill the wielder’s/wearer’s mind.
  • Follow the clues in each stage of the riddle to discover the history of the weapon, to uncover fragments of it that have been lost during its use across Tyria by its previous owner, and to discover the real mystery behind the weapon.

Completing each stage of the riddle will have the result of the weapon appearance being altered and each stage being remembered in the account wardrobe.

Or instead of a riddle:

• Following the guidance of the voice emanating from the weapon/armor, the player reenacts the adventures of the previous owner (that is bound in spirit to the weapon), by traveling to and revealing sights not seen for centuries (areas experienced the way they were back in GW1) and battling the great named enemies our own ancestor may have even faced.
  • Each adversary defeated has their essence consumed by the weapon and restores its appearance to that once witnessed by the trapped spirit in the past after their having successfully bested them.
  • Defeating the final foe that the spirit was unable to defeat in the past allows the weapon to consume the previous victor’s essence. This act reveals the grand and final appearance of the weapon for its new owner and frees the previous owner’s spirit to move on with its final task it had in life finally completed.

They would be legendary weapons in the true sense of the word in that they would actually have legends and a history associated with them that players can experience. It would add the revisiting of favorite enemies and sights from GW1, and it would also add a non-gambling box weapon set to the gem store that helps ANet make money that also gives players a new task they can do in the game.

True, it doesn’t have to be shoe-horned into the gem store and can just be added into the game to be acquired by playing, but we really could use a non-gamble box weapon skin set added to the gem store to start offsetting the strong reliance they have placed on that method of new weapon skin acquisition.

Think of it as buying a weapon/armor unlock that also has the added bonus of including the option of completing an in-game legendary quest to unlock additional appearances.

ANet gets gem store sales and people spending more time in-game completing the quest.
Players get a nice skin if that’s all they want, but it also offers story elements for those that want story, in-game content to complete with ties to classic enemies and sights from GW1 that many GW1 vets would love, and it would also please those who want legendary weapons to have an actual legend associated with them.

Just spewing ideas out as they come to me, but this would be something I’d happily purchase. I’d even buy weapons and armor skins I don’t have a need for or don’t particularly like just for the quests that buying them would open up.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

My guess is we go to the mists after Rytlock and find Belinda there. She will then give you her blade, and the white aura the blade has on the wiki is the power of the Delaqua Ancestors.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tank.7821

Tank.7821

And what exactly is wrong with wanting to earn it in game?

if you can buy the skin because you have that amount of spare cash laying around good for you, but some of us do not have that luxury and prefer to earn things in game.

if you can afford to go the instant gratification route good for you, i would like the option to earn these skins in game by actually playing it

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SpeedFiend.4521

SpeedFiend.4521

I don’t see why we shouldn’t get the fancy one in-game. The gem store peeps saw what it looked like and got what they paid for. No problem there.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

My concern is that we’ll need the gem store version to begin upgrading toward the Ascended version. I don’t want the gem store version. But I don’t want to find out after it leaves the store that I can’t get the Ascended version until it hits the store again.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

I would hope that they learned something from the watchwork pick episode (people generally don’t like it when you sell something, then shortly thereafter offer a “better” version that you intentionally weren’t telling them about when offering the original version). The only way they could now make the upgraded version available without a big outcry is to have it require the original version that is currently on sale, and even then only if the original version is still available to get when the upgrade is revealed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Malthurius.6870

My concern is that we’ll need the gem store version to begin upgrading toward the Ascended version. I don’t want the gem store version. But I don’t want to find out after it leaves the store that I can’t get the Ascended version until it hits the store again.

That couldn’t happen, because even the people that bought the sword on the gem store (Like me) no longer have an item to represent that we did, it’s a skin item, 1 time use and it’s gone and the skin is unlocked on the account.

So they actually can’t make the gem store version a requirement unless they feel like being giant jerks and force everyone who wanted the imbued version to buy the normal skin a 2nd time.

I see no problem with them making the better version obtainable in game while a lesser version is available for limited times on the gem store. For one, it allows players with limited time to still benefit from Anet’s work on new equipment; second players that get the skin through legitimate means won’t feel very slighted because their version has a unique flair to it that shows that you did indeed do the content to obtain it.

It’s not all too different from what they’ve decided to do with the PvP armor they’re releasing soon. The tournament version will have all the bells and whistles, while the more trivial to obtain version will be less flashy.

If they do something similar, be it through entirely in game means like the PvP armor, or splitting it between a flashier ascended piece and a less flashy skin on the gem store, I believe it would make quite a few players quite content; especially if the difficulty of getting the flashier versions is high.