To all pve- players.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I couldnt care less if they would make them unsalvageable.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’m not even sure where you’re going with this. If WvW gear can’t be salvaged it’s not something any player be it PvE/PvP or even your WvW fellows can help with. It’s something that needs to be taken up to Anet to adjust, not players.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Because PVE players are the ones who control what you can salvage now I guess.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: renss.5764

renss.5764

More because pve players said it would “ruin” the economy with a too high ammount of ecto’s, thats why.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

More because pve players said it would “ruin” the economy with a too high ammount of ecto’s, thats why.

I have never heard anyone outside a very small amount of forum users claim that.

Not that it would make you attempting to convince PVE players any less nonsensical.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

renss.5764

Maybee, but it is also to get some sympathy, but most pve players don’t care. Even tho you do.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There is always something that someone can’t salvage. PvE players can’t salvage karma items bought from heart NPCs for example. Haven’t seen WvW players championing that, but maybe I missed that thread.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

this addresses both karma gear and wvw gear. please add any thoughts u may have to it as well.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/bltc/extractor-overpriced/first#post3976326

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I couldnt care less since i don’t play dungeons. Also i never bought exotic karma armor since i mostly prefer knight or berserker stuff. I only bought some exotic backitems for karma and i think i can live with the loss of some equisite ruby jewels somwhere in the future.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

WvW players would love to be able to salvage karma gear, would make it affordable to get Runes of Melandru for one thing.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Give wvw-players some love alright?

I don’t think they can afford my rates, sweetie.

Jokes aside, though, they DO need to review what can and can’t be salvaged. With the recent wardrobe changes and the changes to the rewards from PvP, it’s become a bit of a mess.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

You can’t salvage items bought from the orders, or put it into the mystic forge. That’s kind of annoying. I play PvE and WvW and I get a far better deal playing dungeons in general, even considering the fact that I have uses for karma.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Considering karma gear has this problem as well, I’ve no clue why you’re addressing PVE players. And it’s not like us players have any control over what ANet decides to make salvageable or not. So, what was the point of your post?

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Considering karma gear has this problem as well, I’ve no clue why you’re addressing PVE players. And it’s not like us players have any control over what ANet decides to make salvageable or not. So, what was the point of your post?

He is working under the assumption that PvE players would not want this. I don’t quite think the correlation between PvE players DO NOT want wvw gear to be salvaged because dungeon gear can be salvaged really works. I believe most PvE players want all “currency” gear(karma, wvw, dungeon)to be salvageable.

Im just posting here because my other thread died. link is a few posts above.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

You can’t salvage items bought from the orders, or put it into the mystic forge. That’s kind of annoying. I play PvE and WvW and I get a far better deal playing dungeons in general, even considering the fact that I have uses for karma.

I don’t really see the problem here. That armor was just bought because you wanted the skin, and when transferring the skin you destroyed the item.

Also they have empty upgrade slots, and even if not, since they are yellow they would only have major runes, so no need to transfer them.

And also don’t forget we don’t need to use the tricks now to transfer the skins to chars that are members of a different order.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I feel Karma / Order / WvW armor should be salvageable, personally, OP. However PvEers have no say either way. It’s up to the devs’ to decide what should and should not be.

Now, obviously if they feel that it would result in too many easy ectos, perhaps they should simply remove ectos from those items’ salvage tables. That’d be my thought, but perhaps they simply feel leaving them as non-salvageable is the easier route.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

It’s true that badges of honor are the dungeon tokens of WvW. And that as such, PvE players are rewarded much more for their considerably less challenging effort than WvW players.

I just think that you shouldn’t think in terms of “us” and “them”. It’s everyone’s problem, especially since part of the solution – in my view – to the current precursor madness is allowing WvW exotic weapons to be forgable. Let me briefly explain that further.

I believe WvW weapons should be treated similar to exotic dungeon weapons from AC. While the AC rares can’t be salvaged for ectos (cause it’s a lvl 35 dungeon), the exotics can be salvaged and can be forged. In fact, salvaging AC gear additionally gives a chance at receiving exclusive exotic inscriptions and insignia for certain stat combos. Oh, and of course there’s those bonus runes that are not accessible other than through dungeon tokens (acquired through dungeons or, since 15 April, through s/tPvP). In other words: the disparity in rewards for PvE and WvW are massive. So I absolutely agree this must be addressed. A fix is long overdue.

As a PvE, WvW and tPvP player, I do not see that a fix to the value of badges of honor to conflict with any of my goals in PvE or tPvP.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i have a question, how is that a PvE-player’s fault?
Anet decided this, blame them.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

The reason why they made it un-salvageable is due to the number of Badges people get from the achievement chests and other types of chests.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

The reason why they made it un-salvageable is due to the number of Badges people get from the achievement chests and other types of chests.

Mmm. Even if it would be the reason, which I doubt, it is very questionable whether that’s a good reason. They haven’t shied away from giving out gold through achievement chests. Why would they want to reduce the value of WvW badges to such a drastic extent? I think this measure was the result of the first days of GW2 when it was still filled with botters in WvW. Those days are long gone, the necessity for this drastic measure has become pointless and actually hinders WvW players in progressing along a similar curve as players with a PvE focus.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

renss.5764

First, i dont blame pve pmayers for this, i really dont and it would be idiotic if i did. And second, the armor from wvw badges wasnt salvageable before the achievement chests.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

I don’t really see the problem here. That armor was just bought because you wanted the skin, and when transferring the skin you destroyed the item.

Also they have empty upgrade slots, and even if not, since they are yellow they would only have major runes, so no need to transfer them.

And also don’t forget we don’t need to use the tricks now to transfer the skins to chars that are members of a different order.

The WvW armor bought with badges is exotic.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

First, i dont blame pve pmayers for this, i really dont and it would be idiotic if i did. And second, the armor from wvw badges wasnt salvageable before the achievement chests.

Well, your thread is badly titled (To all PvE-players) Then after directing your comments to PvE players you say, Give wvw-players some love alright? Implying that you are asking the PvE players to fix it.

Maybe next time put more thought into the title and post to be more clear about what the issue is and how to fix it.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I seriously doubt PvE players would be against another source of Ectos & Dark Matter on the cheap (PvE player DO get Badges from Achievement chests). Your implication that PvE players have anything to do with this decision is VERY misdirected…..

You are confusing your angst against the PvE community with a policy Anet put in place a very shortly after release that was aimed at not making it easy or highly profitable to convert in-game currencies (karma, badges of honor, etc.) to gold.

Take it up with Anet.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I was not aware of that. It was likely that way then due to the rate of badges that you get doing WvW is greater then that of someone running a dungeon.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

The WvW armor bought with badges is exotic.

You can buy exotic Order Armor with WvW badges ? Or have you just not read about what that post was ?

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

Most likely they will instead make it so dungeon armor cant be salvaged either. Besides which, a lot of people consider wvw PvE. And furthermore many people play both PvE and WvW.

Talk to the developers about this. Personally, I wish we could salvage and/or throw everything into the mystic forge. I hated spending all that karma just to get skins and then having to destroy the armor.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I agree that they should be salvageable. (Or at least Forge-able.) Nobody in their right mind is going to buy up Order weapons/armor to salvage for Ectos; their high base price makes them not worthwhile, and as Rares, they don’t give inscriptions/insignia.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I like the topic but the title is totally misleading as you’re willing to bring devs’ attention to the problem, and not PvE players’ who generally do not care what you do with your rewards.

As a PvE player, I always found it stupid that karma gear and WvW was unsalvageable. I believe it was a hotfix at some stage (thus absence of “not salvageable” description on items), a countermeasure to “stabilize” economy, but currently I see that making those salvageable would instead have a relieving effect on the economy (especially overpriced rare runes and materials) while providing karma and badge sink.

20 level 80s and counting.

To all pve- players.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

All you have to do is convince John Smith.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”