Traidingpost Flipping should brought in line

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Initial post outdated, check the last pages.

First off, I don’t see traidingpost flipping as legitimate way to acquire gold, especially not if it’s the most rewarding way to get gold.
One could say that traidingpost flipping requires some sort of skill but I think those guys are ruining enough in real life, they don’t have to be the richest people in-game too.
Those players literally don’t have to play the game at all to get almost everything, while players who are actually playing the game can’t compete with that volume of income.

Suggestion:
Add a new binding mechanic, in addition to account bound or soulbound, that prevent the reselling of items bought from the trading post and the reselling of items gathered/crafted/forged out of items which were bought from the tradingpost.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

Well, the Stock Exchange has some use in real life: It helps companies to get money to grow. In GW2 we don’t have companies that have to fund themselves from the traidingpost. So this system becomes obsolete.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Actualy it is. For Anet. More gold item coast more real money are spend on gems converted to gold. Its actualy pretty smart not so much drastic strategy.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

This is totally not a good suggestion.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Another “play the way you want, so long as it’s the way I want”, thread.

only reason people can flip, is because someone posts an item for less than it would sell for. It’s their right to sell it for half the price it’s worth, it’s someone else’s right to buy it and sell it for more, if it’s possible to sell for that.

btw, I consider playing the tp, playing the game. I enjoy looking at whats selling cheap, but normally would sell higher. What seems to be increasing/decreasing in price.

I enjoy this. I also like playing other aspects of gw2, and I love taking a break from killing things/exploring to play the tp. It’s just another game mode to GW2…..It doesn’t really affect your game play, you know.

Them having lots of gold, doesn’t affect you. Tbf, they don’t get from thin air, unlike dungeons/farming. Their gold comes from other players, these other players don’t have to use the tp.

(btw, I don’t have lots of gold, ….. I don’t really do dungeons much, because..well, I don’t like doing them daily, it;s boring.
TP, is my way to earn gold, instead of dungeons..why take that from players?)

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

only reason people can flip, is because someone is posts an item for less than it would sell for. It’s their right to sell it for half the price it’s worth, it’s someone else’s right to buy it and sell it for more, if it’s possible to sell for.

btw, I consider playing the tp, playing the game. I enjoy looking at whats selling cheap, but normally would sell higher. What seems to be increasing/decreasing in price.

I enjoy this. I also like playing gw2, and I love taking a break from killing things/exploring to play the tp. It’s just another game mode to GW2…..It doesn’t really affect your game play, you know. Them having lots of gold, doesn’t affect you. Tbf, they don’t get from thin air, unlike dungeons/farming. Their gold comes from other players, these other players don’t have to use the tp.

What do you play? Do you play the Stock Exchange simulator? Last time I checked this game was named GuildWars2. You seriously don’t have to play a MMO if the only thing you want to do is flipping the traiding post. If you want to play GW2, go ahead and play. But playing the trading post can’t be considered playing GW2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

only reason people can flip, is because someone is posts an item for less than it would sell for. It’s their right to sell it for half the price it’s worth, it’s someone else’s right to buy it and sell it for more, if it’s possible to sell for.

I enjoy this. I also like playing gw2, and I love taking a break from killing things/exploring to play the tp. It’s just another game mode to GW2…..It doesn’t really affect your game play, you know. Them having lots of gold, doesn’t affect you. Tbf, they don’t get from thin air, unlike dungeons/farming. Their gold comes from other players, these other players don’t have to use the tp.

What do you play? Do you play the Stock Exchange simulator? Last time I checked this game was named GuildWars2. You seriously don’t have to play a MMO if the only thing you want to do is flipping the traiding post. If you want to play GW2, go ahead and play. But playing the trading post can’t be considered playing GW2.

It’s an aspect of GW2, whether you like it or not.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

(btw, I don’t have lots of gold, ….. I don’t really do dungeons much, because..well, I don’t like doing them daily, it;s boring.

That’s a whole other issue. It’s ANet’s lack of establishing other methods of income in the game. That however doesn’t justify the obsolete amount of gold you can acquire from the traidingpost without even doing one step out of the traidinpost office.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

That’s a whole other issue. It’s ANet’s lack of establishing other methods of income in the game. That however doesn’t justify the obsolete amount of gold you can acquire from the traidingpost without even doing one step out of the traidinpost office.

and really, how does it affect your gameplay? They list items at high prices? newsflash, prices are only as high as people are willing to pay, and would probably still be high without the flippers,
these people keep an eye on trends, or on items that for some reason got listed much lower than normal.

they also don’t create gold from nowhere, and help to sink gold, via tp fees.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Some of us here in Murica know what the problem is and we’d rather they redesign the game so that rewards for activities are the central system instead of all of this RNG/DR nonsense to protect an economy that only leads to economic gameplay. It’s boring it’s been thrown out entirely by other game developers because they lost too many players due to it, it’s just not a good system, it certainly hasn’t had a positive affect on the game that’s for sure.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

and really, how does it affect your gameplay? They list items at high prices? newsflash, prices are only as high as people are willing to pay, and would probably still be high without the flippers,
these people keep an eye on trends, or on items that for some reason got listed much lower than normal.

They increase the prices for all items on the traidingpost, both through selling stuff more expensive than they bought it and because they can buy everthing easily.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

TL;DR summary for newcomers: OP does not like players that don’t play like him. So, ANet should force those players to play like OP.

Geez, just play your own game. Is it so hard?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

TL;DR summary for newcomers: OP does not like players that don’t play like him. So, ANet should force those players to play like OP.

That’s actually a really over-simplistic view of the situation. the TP is the problem, and it has been for some time now, Flipping is only the most recent symptom of the overall issue with this type of design and no it’s not new we’ve seen it before.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

tl;dr for the tl;dr, people like to bicker

I don’t think tp flipping is bad, though if the amount of gold they have is as much as i hear it is, maybe rework the tp so it’s still profitable, but not to the point that it is currently.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

This comment does make no sense at all. I consider playing the game means doing everything exept flipping the tradingpost to get way too much gold for way too little effort. If you feel the need to claim that I want the players to play my way, then yes, they should play how I consider playing a game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

They increase the prices for all items on the traidingpost, both through selling stuff more expensive than they bought it and because they can buy everthing easily.

I wrote a detailed reply to this and then my internet cut out, and I’m not bothered typing it all out again.

Prices increases, not because a few people have lots of gold, but because lots of people have lots of gold.

I have a friend, doesn’t play the tp, has more than 1000g, and I make no guess of how much in mats.
He’s not alone.

Making gold is quite easy, yes it’s still quite easy. and this is why prices increases.

And btw, a flipper can put an item at any price they want, if people don’t have the gold to buy it, or deem it not worth the gold, it doesn’t sell and the flipper loses money,
If people do have the gold, and pay it, they are as much to ‘blame’ for inflation as the flipper who priced it high. (If not more so..)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Puddingskins.8412

Puddingskins.8412

This comment does make no sense at all. I consider playing the game means doing everything exept flipping the tradingpost to get way too much gold for way too little effort. If you feel the need to claim that I want the players to play my way, then yes, they should play how I consider playing a game.

Please explain, in detail, why a few people having a large amount of fictional currency due to smart playing of the market affects you – I’m not quite understanding your argument.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

obsolete amount of gold

This sentence makes no sense.

And your idea isn’t good in the slightest. It’s been mentioned before and every time it’s discounted.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

No thank you to more account/soul binding.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

Prices are based on the maximum offer. Few people having much gold means that those few people are increasing the prices for everyone. Gathering gold the “normal” way is gated by many thing, the content mainly. Traidingpost flipping is only time-gated. The margin you could get from the traidingpost is way higher than any other margin in the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Why? You didn’t like it when I made 700g off a single flip of a Chaos of Lyssa recipe? >_>

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

Prices are based on the maximum offer. Few people having much gold means that those few people are increasing the prices for everyone..

I’ll say this one more time,
Prices stay high, because people can afford it, and are willing to pay it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I dont think free market is the best solution for economics, it doesnt usually do well in the real world without controls(america is a mixed economy btw), but i will definately agree that we dont have a free market, its probably impossible to have one in an MMO though.

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Prices are based on the maximum offer. Few people having much gold means that those few people are increasing the prices for everyone. Gathering gold the “normal” way is gated by many thing, the content mainly. Traidingpost flipping is only time-gated. The margin you could get from the traidingpost is way higher than any other margin in the game.

I don’t think you quite understand what’s going on.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aycee.9162

Aycee.9162

The way I see it is that TP players actually slow down inflation and keep prices down. The TP is arguably the games biggest gold sink, since it only uses gold that has already been created. TP players remove 15% of the cost in gold of an item for every sale, sometimes more if they have to relist it.

So what I’m saying is, players like you who kill monsters all day bringing new gold into the system are the reason prices are so high. Help the economy and play the TP.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

If you don’t like flippers, then don’t pay them. Don’t sell to high bidder or buy from the low seller because that difference is price is what flippers live on. Put in sell orders and buy orders yourself, it’s not that hard to do better than what you get from when you mindlessly sell to high bidder or buy from low seller. Keep your gold, don’t voluntarily give to flippers if they bother you so much.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I wrote a detailed reply to this and then my internet cut out, and I’m not bothered typing it all out again.

Prices increases, not because a few people have lots of gold, but because lots of people have lots of gold.

I have a friend, doesn’t play the tp, has more than 1000g, and I make no guess of how much in mats.
He’s not alone.

Making gold is quite easy, yes it’s still quite easy. and this is why prices increases.

And btw, a flipper can put an item at any price they want, if people don’t have the gold to buy it, or deem it not worth the gold, it doesn’t sell and the flipper loses money,
If people do have the gold, and pay it, they are as much to ‘blame’ for inflation as the flipper who priced it high. (If not more so..)

But those complaining have never experienced that end of the equation, so they assume it doesn’t exist.

To those who think it’s all guaranteed profiteering and sticking it to the little people, find a flip and invest just like 10 gold (~1 night of game play) into it. Tell us your percentage gain after the flip. When the market says “oh now you’re just being silly” and refuses to buy AND someone (or several someones) comes in with a newly-obtained supply of your commodity and builds a Wal-Mart wall of low-priced goods, you’ll see that there are counters to all prices.

Want someone to complain about for the high prices – complain about the player community that buys unneeded (right? ‘cause as we keep hearing you don’t NEED anything on the TP) items for whatever price is up at the time – they’re the ones costing you gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

The fact of the matter is, even if they increase rewards as long as the TP is global flppers will always make money off the TP. Flippers rely on human beings being lazy, unless you fix the lazy in humans you cannot get rid of flipping.

Secondly, what other MMO changed their system becausae player quit and don’t say Diablo 3 because the issues gw2 has are not related to it.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I don’t think it should be stopped. However regulated is a whole other matter. Imo the flaw with the tp and the economy is that is was given priority. In this manner it was easier to manage verses giving rewarding play priority and having the economy/tp balance around that. Ofc that would be harder to manage, but that’s why there are people hired to do such things (hopefully with the understanding that rewarding play IS paramount).

There could be more regulation on the tp, more options to gain rewards via play (not gold grind), and more item balance (looking at you runes and sigils).

Alas, we are where we are, in a game known for poor reward structure.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Scorpion Over Lord.9036

Scorpion Over Lord.9036

Im not going to read all the comments that ive read so many times before, so if my messages seems out of place then so be it. But in regards to the OP, flipping takes work, lots of it to make any good profits and that time could be spent playing…but this playing we speak of, is that not determined by the player as to what they consider enjoyable? So if playing the market is their definition of playing stop shoving your ideals down others throat. So you know i dont flip but i understand that to be successful at playing the TP it takes more than spending 5 minutes placing buy orders. Play your game how ever you want and let others play the game they paid for have fun the way they want to. Good day!

(edited by Scorpion Over Lord.9036)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

i hear that if anet introduced a 1% increment..hahaha….for underbidding..haha…it would solve everything…….

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. sry couldnt contain it anymore…..

flipping happens because somehow there are massive margins between sell listings and buy now listings. For those margins to appear someone often will buy up the sell listing so that there is a margin to work with. this usually happens when they have already stockpiled enough of the items to make solid profit.

none if this information affects op’s gameplay. everyone can sit and work buy orders for cheaper goods.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Tell me how you came to this genius conclusion, where is your study/data/evidence? Nothing to support your hypothesis? Then what are your qualifications/accomplishments in any related field that give you any authority as to why people should listen to you without evidence.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

What do you play? Do you play the Stock Exchange simulator? Last time I checked this game was named GuildWars2.

In a game where there’s no actual guild wars (as the name comes from lore, not a game mechanic) you’re argument makes no sense at all. It’s like saying you hate pears because you’re eating an orange..ie stupid and completely irrelevant.

Flippers are the biggest gold sink in the economy with every purchase AND sale they remove 15% of the gold per transaction…want to prevent flipping you better hope they reduce the rewards in game a huge amount to compensate otherwise inflation will occur at a massively accelerated rate…..granted that’s just going to increase the whines about the game being unrewarding ten fold. That or waypoint fees will need something like a 1000% increase or the implementation of daily taxes (ie everyday you lose 1-5% of your gold or significant gold sink.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

(edited by Protoavis.9107)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chobiko.9182

Chobiko.9182

snip

Please look at this from other perspectives than your own. Playing the tradepost does take effort and skill. You spend more time researching and actual thinking than reactive playing. If you want to argue that flipping should not be allowed in the game, then I suggest you opt for removing the tradepost, as is, a tradepost like that does encourage arbitrage.

If you do not want people to flip the stuff you sell then never sell to buy listings. Keep only to sell listings, and never buy from sell listings but put in buys. That way you make sure that no flippers profit from you.

I am, however, in the process of writing a thread to suggest ANet implement a lower relisting fee and an easier way of relisting. This way we won’t see so high margins between certain items. I.e. less opportunity to arbitrage.

Btw. I myself make money of arbitraging and scalping the tradepost. I don’t always do it, but I tend to put in an hour or two every day for it. The rest of the time I play like you want everyone to play.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Secondly, what other MMO changed their system becausae player quit and don’t say Diablo 3 because the issues gw2 has are not related to it.

I’m not sure how many games have GW2 system though.

Most games no one care about flippers, because best gear isn’t bought on the trading post. And the other pay 2 win games, everyone will spend all their money because having the best gear is how you make money faster, not flipping. And some games are just not easy to flip compare to GW2, in which supply demand change rapidly which have global auction house and many limited edition items.

I’m not sure if flipping is a bad thing though. Maybe Anet likes some people to get rich easily. Obviously having a few barons can be a gold sink so many people will be poor. But I think at this rate, many people will get rich easily and never want to spend real money.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

What do you play? Do you play the Stock Exchange simulator? Last time I checked this game was named GuildWars2.

In a game where there’s no actual guild wars (as the name comes from lore, not a game mechanic) you’re argument makes no sense at all. It’s like saying you hate pears because you’re eating an orange..ie stupid and completely irrelevant.

Flippers are the biggest gold sink in the economy with every purchase AND sale they remove 15% of the gold per transaction…want to prevent flipping you better hope they reduce the rewards in game a huge amount to compensate otherwise inflation will occur at a massively accelerated rate…..granted that’s just going to increase the whines about the game being unrewarding ten fold. That or waypoint fees will need something like a 1000% increase or the implementation of daily taxes (ie everyday you lose 1-5% of your gold or significant gold sink.

That goldsink is hitting normal people the most. Flippers still make profit, the highest profit in this gmae to be precisely. It’s the normal player who farms ~10 gold per day who gets hit the hardest.
It’s really simple. Who profits the most from the stock exchange? A normal worker or the affluent businessmen?
the tradingpost flipping doesn’t belong to GW2, it doesn’t define it. If you say that GW2 get defined through it’s traidingpost then it’s about time to leave this game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

If they buy stuff as cheap as they can and sell it after as expensive as they can, then yes, they do increase the prices. Actually, they increase the prices about at least 15% every time since they have to make up for the fee first.

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

Could you please read my initial post? I’ve never suggested to remove the traidingpost or the fee from the game. And what you’re talking about simply doesn’t hold true. Flippers make the most profit in this game ergo they don’t lose anything through that fee. They will still come up ahead profit wise.

(edited by Moderator)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Flippers can only raise the price over the long run if they can control supply. Since it’s been shown that it’s impossible even for low supply/high demand items like precursors, blaming them is simply incorrect.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Protoavis.9107

That goldsink is hitting normal people the most. Flippers still make profit, the highest profit in this gmae to be precisely. It’s the normal player who farms ~10 gold per day who gets hit the hardest.
It’s really simple. Who profits the most from the stock exchange? A normal worker or the affluent businessmen?
the tradingpost flipping doesn’t belong to GW2, it doesn’t define it. If you say that GW2 get defined through it’s traidingpost then it’s about time to leave this game.

Illogical statement.

The gold sink hits all players by being the biggest curb to widespread inflation that would occur with the possibly millions of gold taken as taxes each day on the TP. You’re obviously looking at one small aspect on the whole economy…you’re throwing the baby out with the bath water…you need to consider the whole economy (which you clearly aren’t at all) before suggesting making changes that would destroy the economy of the game in a way that would be irreparable.

Changing the TP in the way you suggest then just turns the “economic power” entirely to those to buy gems or those with the lucky rng drop which is a worse situation for the average player to be in since then they are forced to spend real world $$$ since there’s no in game alternative to keep up with those people, unless you suggest also removing gems which further restricts the average player as they’ll never be able to get gem store items, etc.

the average player who’s not using the trading post, isn’t involved in the transaction is the most affected by the goldsink? probably…just not in the way you’re suggesting.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Protoavis.9107

Flippers can only raise the price over the long run if they can control supply. Since it’s been shown that it’s impossible even for low supply/high demand items like precursors, blaming them is simply incorrect.

I wouldn’t even go that far, at best they accelerate the price change to what the player base find acceptable, raising the price does nothing if the player base aren’t wiling to spend that much on items.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

they are a lame gold sink. Place gold sinks on things people dont mind spending on. IRL people burn money on things like candy, movies, people singing in the street. A gold sink like 10% of the money you spend in the store, we throw in a fire, Is not one you should use as the main one.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

Illogical statement.

The gold sink hits all players by being the biggest curb to widespread inflation that would occur with the possibly millions of gold taken as taxes each day on the TP. You’re obviously looking at one small aspect on the whole economy…you’re throwing the baby out with the bath water…you need to consider the whole economy (which you clearly aren’t at all) before suggesting making changes that would destroy the economy of the game in a way that would be irreparable.

Changing the TP in the way you suggest then just turns the “economic power” entirely to those to buy gems or those with the lucky rng drop which is a worse situation for the average player to be in since then they are forced to spend real world $$$ since there’s no in game alternative to keep up with those people, unless you suggest also removing gems which further restricts the average player as they’ll never be able to get gem store items, etc.

the average player who’s not using the trading post, isn’t involved in the transaction is the most affected by the goldsink? probably…just not in the way you’re suggesting.

How should this change favor people who are buying gold with real money? It wouldn’t even hit people who are not flipping the tradingpost, which is the majority. And this change is supposed to turn the economic power to people who get lucky drops. If you find a precursor and you sell it, then lucky you, that is totally legit. This change aims for killing a way to make gold. It should kill the cheesiest yet most rewarding way to make gold. If someone who sells legit Arah paths and gets 100 gold per day, I have no problem with that because it requires skill and knowledge to solo a path. Traidingpost flipping requires neither of those. You don’t have to swing your sword once, you don’t have to know one single enemy in this game. That is simply stupid and should not be possible, especially not as most rewarding method of getting gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Taygus.4571

Illogical statement.

How should this change favor people who are buying gold with real money? It wouldn’t even hit people who are not flipping the tradingpost, which is the majority. And this change is supposed to turn the economic power to people who get lucky drops. If you find a precursor and you sell it, then lucky you, that is totally legit. This change aims for killing a way to make gold. It should kill the cheesiest yet most rewarding way to make gold. If someone who sells legit Arah paths and gets 100 gold per day, I have no problem with that because it requires skill and knowledge to solo a path. Traidingpost flipping requires neither of those. You don’t have to swing your sword once, you don’t have to know one single enemy in this game. That is simply stupid and should not be possible, especially not as most rewarding method of getting gold.

Someones bitter……………………..

look, people like playing the tp, it exists in a game, with other things they like. You still really haven’t explained how them playing the tp, affects your gameplay.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

So….

“I’m too lazy to make money off the TP so please nerf the TP for the players motivated enough to profit from it.”

So… sitting back watch those number at the TP while you make money standing around is a legitimate way to make the most money in this game?

Yes because TP flipping is so easy that all you have to do is sit in front of the TP and it just throws money at you… This is why people just laugh at you and ignore these suggestions.

It takes hours and hours and hours of research, building spreadsheets, watching trends over WEEKS and placing tons of orders to make a large amount of money on the TP.

You’re saying that standing in a corner and spamming 1 should make more money then hours of research, tracking multiple spreadsheets and discovering patterns and trends over weeks of work?

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

And traidingpost flippers don’t get affected by the fee. If you farm something and you sell it, you’re losing 5% of its value. As someone who flips the traidingpost, you look for items which you can buy cheap and sell it for way more, so you make profit. Despite the fee, the one who flips the traidingpost still makes profit. Someone who farms can’t just gather twice the amount to get twice as much gold. Someone who flips the traidingpost all day can do that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

So….

“I’m too lazy to make money off the TP so please nerf the TP for the players motivated enough to profit from it.”

So… sitting back watch those number at the TP while you make money standing around is a legitimate way to make the most money in this game?

Yes because TP flipping is so easy that all you have to do is sit in front of the TP and it just throws money at you… This is why people just laugh at you and ignore these suggestions.

It takes hours and hours and hours of research, building spreadsheets, watching trends over WEEKS and placing tons of orders to make a large amount of money on the TP.

You’re saying that standing in a corner and spamming 1 should make more money then hours of research, tracking multiple spreadsheets and discovering patterns and trends over weeks of work?

If this is your GW2 experience you should try a stock exchange simulator or even try your best at the real stock exchange. GuildWars 2 however is no stock exchange simulator, stock exchange should not be a thing in GW2. Period.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

The one who farms gets 85% of the sales with no expense on his part but time.

A flipper gets 85% of the sales but has the expense of buying his stock from players using bids. A flipper needs to be able to sell an item for 17.7% more than it’s cost to make a profit at all.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

So….

y u so jelly?

in Black Lion Trading Co

HHR LostProphet.4801

The one who farms gets 85% of the sales with no expense on his part but time.

A flipper gets 85% of the sales but has the expense of buying his stock from players using bids. A flipper needs to be able to sell an item for 17.7% more than it’s cost to make a profit at all.

Yes, that’s the “skill” you need to be an effective traidingpost flipper. However once you hav found an item that is worth flipping, you can do that as much as you please. Someone who solos dungeons, which takes indeed more skill than comparing numbers, can’t just speed his clear up to an extent that he get 1000g in a day. A traidingpost flipper can do that.