Unlimited Tools - Give A Speed Bonus

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

THAT would be a real convenience, make it reduce the time it takes to harvest, wouldn’t be that huge or gamebreaking at all, would definately make it a good convenience though.

They are specialized high tech tools aren’t they? =p

Make it cut harvest cast time in half.

I’d drop 2400 gems on my char in a heartbeat.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

It’s fine the way it is IMO.

People are always complaining that real money items are not powerful enough in this game. This is a good problem to have.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Knote.2904

If you’re getting at the idea that this is a P2W change, enlighten me lol.

The prices are insane for what it is currently.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

The prices are insane for what it is currently.

I certainly don’t think they are. They were well worth my 2400 gems invested.

in Black Lion Trading Co

boredinbc.2786

Clearly they are not insane, I’ve seen tons of people rocking them these past few days. The item might not be priced competitively for you, but others obviously have no problems paying for them.

P2W doesn’t need to happen in one fell swoop, it can be a slow creep. Faster gathering then its one extra resource gathered, then the time after that why not a % chance for rare mats….etc.

Take these items for what they are worth, a convenience money sink with cool animations.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Knote.2904

Clearly they are not insane, I’ve seen tons of people rocking them these past few days. The item might not be priced competitively for you, but others obviously have no problems paying for them.

P2W doesn’t need to happen in one fell swoop, it can be a slow creep. Faster gathering then its one extra resource gathered, then the time after that why not a % chance for rare mats….etc.

Take these items for what they are worth, a convenience money sink with cool animations.

Or they add an extra bit of convenience that has no negative affects and get even more sales. /shrug

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

since I play 1 character almost 90% of the time, it was worth it to get the perm tools

they seem to work a little faster than the other ones, but I suspect thats just because the animation is more entertaining.

I like not having to worry about what I’m harvesting – especially in low level zones and the whole “is it worth it” when you have the Ori tools and wondering if you’re going to run out at a bad time. Probably one of the best gem store items for me just for the peace of mind.

in Black Lion Trading Co

boredinbc.2786

Or they add an extra bit of convenience that has no negative affects and get even more sales. /shrug

Personally I would prefer if the items weren’t soulbound, but rather account bound. I like the idea of paid items extending their usefulness across multiple characters. I think that a lot of players would jump on some of these sales if that changed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Knote.2904

Personally I would prefer if the items weren’t soulbound, but rather account bound. I like the idea of paid items extending their usefulness across multiple characters. I think that a lot of players would jump on some of these sales if that changed.

I would too, but it’s much too late for that, could just give people more bang for their massive amount of bucks. What $30 each character? Becomes a luxury item more than a convenience item lol.

Hell even 20% speed bonus would be fantastic and harmless.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I’m sure to count the seconds in my day that are saved with this. /deadpan

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Knote.2904

I’m sure to count the seconds in my day that are saved with this. /deadpan

Yeah it’s totally game breaking and P2W which is why we can’t have it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Harvesting with the Consortium sickle is already faster than using normal ones. (It’s about 1/4 of a second faster.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: krixis.9538

krixis.9538

to me the only p2w thats an issue is in pvp combat or pve

its not like any 1 has a way to BUY gems and SELL them for gold for a pay to win gold gain right ???

stop throwing pay to win out on anything not combat related.

also u guys forget 1 important thing about GW2

ALL GEMS cant be bought with ingame currency

so basicly no 1 can have a “p2w” advantage as every 1 has access to this item with out spending a single penny IRL currency.

Desolation EU
Fractal lvl 80 – 126 AR