Upgrade Component Market Getting out of Hand

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

With the removal of transmutation, another barrier has been placed around the supply of upgrade components, causing prices to skyrocket. There are multiple factors that contribute to this:

- Upgrade Extractors being prohibitively expensive at 250 gems (marginally cheaper if you buy in bulk).
- Removal of Transmutation; You cannot redeem upgrades that are placed on non salvageable items such as those purchased with karma or badges.
- Superior Level Upgrades cannot be mystic forged to cycle low worth runes for higher level ones.

There may be other factors, but these three are fairly glaring issues that could be addressed.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

(edited by alemfi.5107)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malkav.9867

Malkav.9867

Not much of a problem for most sigils as you can use the mystic forge to create weapons that already have a desired sigil but its a huge problem with some of the runes as there is no other way than getting a lucky drop for most runes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

I’d say it’s not “Most sigils”, as from what I understand, the sigils you CAN use are available because normally they are used for Legendary Making. AFAIK, 100% of the superior runes have the forging issue.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Upgrade extractors are priced fine because they are not intended for runes and sigils in the first place. They are intended for infusions. Which, incidentally, can rise to two to twenty times the price of the extractor.

Players used transmutation as an unintended side-effect of the purely cosmetic intention of the system to get around the inability to salvage that gear. With the Wardrobe system, your access to an unintended function (aka exploit) was closed off, and that was likely a motivating factor in Anet’s decision to make the wardrobe as it is now.

Superior runes and sigils are in high supply because there are a lot items being salvaged and the runes sold. Additionally, it’s because a lot of runes and sigils can be cheaply crafted by the crafts. It’s also furthered by a lot of sigils and runes being completely useless due to player demands and preferences.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Upgrade extractors are priced fine because they are not intended for runes and sigils in the first place. They are intended for infusions. Which, incidentally, can rise to two to twenty times the price of the extractor.

Players used transmutation as an unintended side-effect of the purely cosmetic intention of the system to get around the inability to salvage that gear. With the Wardrobe system, your access to an unintended function (aka exploit) was closed off, and that was likely a motivating factor in Anet’s decision to make the wardrobe as it is now.

Superior runes and sigils are in high supply because there are a lot items being salvaged and the runes sold. Additionally, it’s because a lot of runes and sigils can be cheaply crafted by the crafts. It’s also furthered by a lot of sigils and runes being completely useless due to player demands and preferences.

I’m going to have to disagree.

Upgrade extractors are meant for….wait for it….UPGRADES. This includes but is NOT LIMITED to infusions, sigils, and/or runes.

Transmutation Stones were meant to transfer the looks AS WELL as upgrades. It was specifically explained in the Dev video tutorials as well as in the function of the item itself. (I don’t expect you to know that as you’ve only been playing a short time) In no way was that an exploit.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I doubt the Dev video tutorial dealt with unsalvageable items being transmuted Snow.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I might be missing something…

Were unsalvageable gears obtained with upgrades transmutated to salvageable gears, then salvaged to get the upgrades? If so I understand that. If not then it’s moot.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Your first two paragraphs are baseless assumptions.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

If it was baseless then why did they remove an obvious feature of the old system? Couldn’t be an oversight. The extractor went into the Gem Shop the same patch they ripped out all the town clothes. They’ve been prepping us for 4 months.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Your first two paragraphs are baseless assumptions.

1. Infusions exceed 50g as a baseline cost if you are not using basic infusions. Some infusions will exceed 100g easily. People complaining about not being able to pull runes out of certain gear can fork out the gold for the replacement runes. Those of us that have expensive infusions or are working on them? Extractors are well worth the cost.
2. The old transmutation system had no way of determining what the skin source and stat source items were. Because of that, you had the option to shift the rune to the new piece. Well now the system knows, so the old functionality is no longer necessary. The fact it forces you people to rebuy those runes was either irrelevant in the planning phases for the wardrobe system because they never intended you to be able to do it afterwards, or it was specifically left out because you were never intended to use them in that way in the first place.

Assumptions, yes. But entirely grounded in reasonable fact.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Then why does it pull out runes and sigils?

Also, why do you constantly say ‘you people’ and ‘you’, instead of we. Do you not play the game?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I for one I’ve never used transmutation to “salvage” an upgrade from an unsalvageable item or use it to move just the upgrade. Therefore I’m unaffected by this change. It’s possible that Aidan Savage didn’t as well and therefore there are two groups of players, those affected (aka “you people”) by this loss of functionality and those who are not.

RIP City of Heroes