Week 3: should I be scared?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

In the September 2014 Feature Pack, we’re rethinking the way you collect and trade items!

Should I be scared? I’m almost done with my legendary and the only things I’m missing I will have to buy at TP, including precursor (and lodestones, and very few t6). Any guesses on how “deep” the change will be and how it will affect us? I spent a lot of time gathering the gold and mats for my legendary it can’t be ruined now!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Actually, I think you should be comforted. These features generally are QoL changes. Anyone that uses the TP regularly knows that the TP could use some QoL love.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

During the April feature patch preview, they put the most controversial changes in some of the very last blog posts before it hit. Here’s hoping history won’t repeat itself.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Actually, I think you should be comforted. These features generally are QoL changes. Anyone that uses the TP regularly knows that the TP could use some QoL love.

If you’re outside the norm, you should be scared. These feature packs are QoL changes, but they’re changes for the majority. For example, the first feature pack ruined hard mode world bosses and this one removes key farming.

They could impose restrictions on the trading post for example by limiting how many orders you can place in total, how long they last or even fix changes in pricing rather than allowing 1c differences. They may even drop materials entirely from the trading post and implement the old GW1 material trader that basically works like the gem exchange. Worst case scenario, they go with the old suggestion of making everything purchased off of the trading post account bound.

All the feature pack changes to date have been based on long time complaints however, so it’s not completely unknown what the changes could be.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

All “QoL” they announced recently was something along the line of
“to avoid too much confusion we remove … "

so .. yeah .. i’m scared that the next QoL feature is.
“to avoid confusion we remove collection and trading .. " or at least
“to avoid confusion you can now only trade 1 item every 5 levels” .. or whatever else
because “avoiding confusion” seems to be the biggest QoL feature at the moment.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

tradepost buttons tooltips cleaned to make it easier for noobies to sell something

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fenar.4025

Fenar.4025

Increased TP tansaction fees to 10% list and 20% sell to help with gold inflation…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

Increased TP tansaction fees to 10% list and 20% sell to help with gold inflation…

This would actually push prices up, so it wouldn’t help with inflation in any way.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I don’t think that we will see any substantial changes.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

This would actually push prices up, so it wouldn’t help with inflation in any way.

Even though its highly unlikely in my opinion that Anet will raise the tp taxes and fees, it propably will help with inflation because more gold will be sucked out of the economy.
Price spreads will raise to an average of 30% from 15% but the extra 15% might as well be chopped off the buy order end instead of the sell listings.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

Hmm .. this picture from Chinese Version also feeds my fears .. look at the “daily AH sales” ..
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img577/2972/0ucs.jpg

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romek.4201

Hmm .. this picture from Chinese Version also feeds my fears .. look at the “daily AH sales” ..

I dont think this for gw2 lol – would they add seomthing like this than this would be last day for me. I would sooo quit and delete this game^^.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

I dont think this for gw2 lol – would they add seomthing like this than this would be last day for me. I would sooo quit and delete this game^^.

Maybe not the VIP accounts .. but at least the limited transactions per day ..
you know .. “just to avoid confusion” ^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

John Smith stated several times that the high volume and velocity of the market is one of its biggest boons, so i doubt, they will put a brake like this in it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I’m really scared. Anet doesn’t have a concept for “veteran” players which could range from anyone having a level 80 to a person with 20,000 ap+dungeon master title+ wvw gold commander+ lvl 80 in pvp. In fact its most likely that anet is planning this patch for “future” lvl 80 players who bought the game. In fact I wouldn’t be surprise if anet brought the entire Chinese clients and start “Elite” subscription the way its going. Clearly us NA/EU veteran players are already buying gem store items with gold which doesn’t really generate revenue for anet/NCSOFT…
Also after the Living Story is over, there could be no additional events other than wvw tournaments because Anet should cater to those “veteran” players who recently bought the game…

Tour

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I have a feeling it’s going to be more along the lines of a TP UI update, to make it “easier” for newer players, but the functionality would remain the same. I would also hope that this would also include a “use all” function for stacks of items, minus food. (i.e Essences of luck, skill point scrolls, etc). Perhaps even an auto deposite function for crafting mats. Maybe some achievements for gathering mats, somthing like “collect 5000 total mats” for a master collector title, or something. Also heres to hoping that bloodstone dust may have more uses, in that it can be used as a sub for Crystalline dust. But we have no hints, or rumors, or anything. But going along with most of the features of this patch, most of them will be QoL type stuff that will make it easier. And no i don’t think Player to Player trading will ever be an option.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I have a feeling it’s going to be more along the lines of a TP UI update, to make it “easier” for newer players, but the functionality would remain the same. I would also hope that this would also include a “use all” function for stacks of items, minus food. (i.e Essences of luck, skill point scrolls, etc). Perhaps even an auto deposite function for crafting mats. Maybe some achievements for gathering mats, somthing like “collect 5000 total mats” for a master collector title, or something. Also heres to hoping that bloodstone dust may have more uses, in that it can be used as a sub for Crystalline dust. But we have no hints, or rumors, or anything. But going along with most of the features of this patch, most of them will be QoL type stuff that will make it easier. And no i don’t think Player to Player trading will ever be an option.

The newly introduced Mawdrey, which can be fed Bloodstone Dust on a daily basis is a good sink imho.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

John Smith stated several times that the high volume and velocity of the market is one of its biggest boons, so i doubt, they will put a brake like this in it.

Begs the question then of why limit AH (strange that it is called AH and not TP in the linked graphic) in the Chinese version. Is there a major difference between the amounts of items and gold generated by each version?

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Begs the question then of why limit AH (strange that it is called AH and not TP in the linked graphic) in the Chinese version. Is there a major difference between the amounts of items and gold generated by each version?

Its called AH and not TP because whoever photoshopped (translated the graphic from chinese to english wording) didnt know better.

Some of the major differences between the chinese and NA/EU version is that they are first of all separate clients (different games) and they follow different business models.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

Its called AH and not TP because whoever photoshopped (translated the graphic from chinese to english wording) didnt know better.

Some of the major differences between the chinese and NA/EU version is that they are first of all separate clients (different games) and they follow different business models.

Does having different clients and different business models effect the TP though? If both versions generate player wealth at the same speed and the US version’s TP is a boon for controlling wealth why does the Chinese version limit TP transactions? I realize that is a big question and I am not trying to have an argument with you Wanze, just curious.

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Does having different clients and different business models effect the TP though? If both versions generate player wealth at the same speed and the US version’s TP is a boon for controlling wealth why does the Chinese version limit TP transactions? I realize that is a big question and I am not trying to have an argument with you Wanze, just curious.

I would think that both the TP, the way the story progresses and various other changes on the Chinese Client are largly due to how the player base prefers to play. China is a VERY different culture when compared to the US, and the various cultures in the EU. Their prefered method of play is far different then ours. I would think that the TP changes in the Chinese version were made to cater to those types of players. As I don’t know much about Chinese player preferences I can only speculate, but that seems to me the most logical reason.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Still nothing. Must be important if it takes longer then last week to put it online.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romek.4201

Still nothing. Must be important if it takes longer then last week to put it online.

or they scared to post another empty blogpost and brainstorming what they could add

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I mean the last minute changes they are doing atm, must be important to them for delaying it so much. (didnt mean the update is important, I learned to keep low expectations Xd)

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

It’s a holiday in the US, so it seems possible that the blogs won’t come until tomorrow.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

It’s Labor Day in the US. It’s not going to be up today.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I would think that both the TP, the way the story progresses and various other changes on the Chinese Client are largly due to how the player base prefers to play. China is a VERY different culture when compared to the US, and the various cultures in the EU. Their prefered method of play is far different then ours. I would think that the TP changes in the Chinese version were made to cater to those types of players. As I don’t know much about Chinese player preferences I can only speculate, but that seems to me the most logical reason.

^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It’s a holiday in the US, so it seems possible that the blogs won’t come until tomorrow.

Yeah. I was all excited for the Week 3 topic reveals this morning, but then I discovered it’s Labor Day in the US, so it’s likely we won’t hear anything till tomorrow.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buford.2954

Buford.2954

Given the history of changes in the April patch (arbitrary walls to getting traits), and the recent announcements (arbitrary walls to new characters, besides the terrible trait acquisition system we are still stuck with from April, and the likely death of key farming), I am expecting nothing better than disappointment. Waiting for the next blog post is more of a dread than an anticipation.

There were good changes in the April patch. There were also some good changes announced for this patch. That doesn’t make negative changes any easier to swallow.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

“to avoid confusion you can now only trade 1 item every 5 levels” .. or whatever else

This is an outright lie. Please tell me what they’re removing from crafting.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

During the April feature patch preview, they put the most controversial changes in some of the very last blog posts before it hit. Here’s hoping history won’t repeat itself.

how very astute …. and mostly likely the occams razor in this case

in Black Lion Trading Co

Beldin.5498

But our story will progress the same like the chinese version .. we also got all the
things “to not confuse new players” they have in that version, like the fantastic new
trait system, and we get also now new stats only ever 5 levels ..

So all in all i see that we get step by step everything from that version here.

My real hope was at least a better UI for the TP .. but after all i saw the last weeks
i don’t have any hope for something that is really for the better and not just to
“not confuse new players”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

This is an outright lie. Please tell me what they’re removing from crafting.

The poster didn’t say this was the change, the poster said s/he is scared this will be the change as it would parallel other announcements. It’s not a lie, it’s a sardonic prediction.