Will the TP in China be shared with ours

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lekyii.9856

lekyii.9856

Q:

as the topic says will the TP be the same when the game launchs?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I highly doubt it. It’s managed by a different company, let alone the economic disadvantage you’d have for new Chinese players entering a well-developed one in NA/EU.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

let alone the economic disadvantage you’d have for new Chinese players entering a well-developed one in NA/EU

You meant the same disadvantage that new NA/EU players are facing when joining the game? New players will do just fine. If anything it was more difficult at launch, because you couldn’t easily exchange your items and materials to what you needed.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

let alone the economic disadvantage you’d have for new Chinese players entering a well-developed one in NA/EU

You meant the same disadvantage that new NA/EU players are facing when joining the game? New players will do just fine. If anything it was more difficult at launch, because you couldn’t easily exchange your items and materials to what you needed.

It’s different when you have new players trickle in (NA/EU), or you have thousands start playing all of a sudden (China)

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

Furthermore, another reason why I think the TP will be different is because the items will be different as well. I remember watching an early preview for the Chinese version awhile back and there were slight differences in armors, most likely due to some wierd censorship law.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Teege.4623

Teege.4623

The answer is no from what I’ve read elsewhere and for good (and obvious) reasons.

“We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2.” -Colin Johanson
Don’t support the Gem Shop, it’s that easy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Furthermore, another reason why I think the TP will be different is because the items will be different as well. I remember watching an early preview for the Chinese version awhile back and there were slight differences in armors, most likely due to some wierd censorship law.

Yep, cant sell anything with the name bones/blood/death in it. Probably more of that but a lot of items have these names in it.

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xamon.5783

Xamon.5783

It’s not just names, any item that had anything skull like or similar had to go or be replaced.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Vol.5241

It’s not just names, any item that had anything skull like or similar had to go or be replaced.

Guess they should just delete the Necromancer to be safe.

[Permabanned on Forums]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: The Master.2893

The Master.2893

Yea… I know: Just try to figure out the story of World of Warcraft when the undead race was “removed” in the Chinese language version.

THE MASTER HAS SPOKEN!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

Fear is caused by lack of knowledge. Don’t know about something is good, but refuse to learn it just means you are ignorant.

For obvious reason(not the reason you are thinking about, but because Chinese GW2 will be maintained by an anget company and the content will be different from ours), I strongly believe that the TP will be separate from EU&NA’s.

Regarding the censorship from what I have seen in private test, necromancer has their minion replaced by normal monsters and oversized charr toy soldier.

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Fear is caused by lack of knowledge. Don’t know about something is good, but refuse to learn it just means you are ignorant.

Ah, but ignorance is bliss.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Not really, we just say that so you don’t feel so bad.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I’ll throw all caution to the wind here and say… Go ahead and do it.
(b/c being xenophobic on it just kinda feels a little racist nationalistic TBH)

Plus they can’t artificially depreciate their own income in Tyria either, I don’t care how much of a global super power they think they are…

Regarding the censorship from what I have seen in private test, necromancer has their minion replaced by normal monsters and oversized charr toy soldier.

Why is that exactly??
I don’t mean to derail here but I thought all their standards were purely secular?

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Not really, we just say that so you don’t feel so bad.

Actually, there’s a lot I know now compared to yesteryear that I wish I didn’t.

@ilr, I believe it has to do more with it being offensive rather than religious.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I’m crossing my fingers so they do it

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

I’ll throw all caution to the wind here and say… Go ahead and do it.
(b/c being xenophobic on it just kinda feels a little racist nationalistic TBH)

Plus they can’t artificially depreciate their own income in Tyria either, I don’t care how much of a global super power they think they are…

Why is that exactly??
I don’t mean to derail here but I thought all their standards were purely secular?

what???? You didn’t make any sense in your first part