Wow, thanks Anet!

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Sincore.5076

Sincore.5076

Just got a random mail from the developers with a 20 slot bag, wicked accessory and 2 exotic weapons called dawn and silence and some yellows.

Does anyone know what this was for?

-Sincore

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Salvia.7598

Salvia.7598

Did you happen to get disconnected from the Lost Shores event with the Ancient Karka?

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

Precursors being sent out via mail? I’ll take it……

well, It’s better than RNG from the chest (Considering i got stuff unsuitable to my class……)

but yeah, this is from the ancient Karka event disconnects…

I WISH I DISCONNECTED ;-;

Edit: Wording of OP Confused me, Disregard.

SideEdit: Also got sent this chest, which is odd as i was online (Disconnected, but got back in before the Ancient Karka was in the tunnels)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

(edited by roostapro.9827)

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Had a friend get the legend and another friend got dusk. good stuff.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Just wondering if which account opens the karka box matters? I got this mail too and it said to login with the character that did the karka events.

Thanks

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ellimist.2619

Ellimist.2619

Just wanted to put in my thanks as well.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zathras.7698

zathras.7698

Thanks ArenaNet, I got one too. :-) So this is a “consolation prize” for being disconnected and losing loot? Nice.

@fishball I wondered the same thing: It said to log in with the character who “owns” these “replacement items”. Items replacing what? I didn’t understand what that meant and randomly opened it with a character that was not involved in any Karka events.

I don’t think it makes any difference? The randomizer doesn’t usually look long and hard at the character’s profession and produce something that matches, does it? :-)

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: John Smith.4610

John Smith.4610

Which profession you open it with does not make a difference. No worries.

(edited by John Smith.4610)

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Brilliant… so the prices on gems etc. are gonna go up even more, and those of us who couldn’t make the one time event are going to get left even further behind.

Glad for everyone that got this, but it really sucks that it was limited to such a small window.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aargh.3586

Aargh.3586

If I took part in the Karka event but didn’t get a reward, and didn’t get any mail either, should I contact support?

I’ve been told by people who weren’t even online during the event that they got their reward in the mail, but I was in the event and got nothing…

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Schei.7301

Schei.7301

You got a weapon that is currently the 6th most valuable in the game.

ldnb

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

ya Grats on Dawn sad i miss the event due to RL sucks i was hope to get dusk but i miss the one time event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

Which character you open it with does not make a difference. No worries.

Just in case you only meant the items don’t check character profession… does character level matter?

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: skulldar.5893

skulldar.5893

While this is true in terms of Proffesion, don’t make the same mistake one of my guildies made and opened it on his low level character he was on at the time. He opened it on his level 2x Ele and ended up getting low level items.

So if you have a level 80, make sure to open it on your level 80.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Just great. I didn’t participate in the event AND had a bunch of buy orders on exotics to flip, which have now tanked in value thanks to this unforseeable turn of events. Now I’m sitting on 30 exotic armors that I paid way too much for. Thanks a lot.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

From the general thread it sounds like they are just giving a chest to everyone. Which is probably the best move at this point since I highly doubt they could accurately tell who “deserved” it or not, and that would just lead to a new firestorm of complaints as there would surely be some people getting extra rewards while others still got nothing.

The chest originally did drop level-scaled loot down to 65, so to be cautious I would definitely recommend opening this on your 80 or highest character if you can’t wait.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Just great. I didn’t participate in the event AND had a bunch of buy orders on exotics to flip, which have now tanked in value thanks to this unforseeable turn of events. Now I’m sitting on 30 exotic armors that I paid way too much for. Thanks a lot.

Tis the way markets work. Crashes hurt everyone, so you’re not in that boat alone. But do realize that it can work both ways, so there may be a point where those Exotics skyrocket in value.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jabberwock.9014

From the general thread it sounds like they are just giving a chest to everyone. Which is probably the best move at this point since I highly doubt they could accurately tell who “deserved” it or not, and that would just lead to a new firestorm of complaints as there would surely be some people getting extra rewards while others still got nothing.

The chest originally did drop level-scaled loot down to 65, so to be cautious I would definitely recommend opening this on your 80 or highest character if you can’t wait.

Nope I got nothing.

Edit: I take it back my mail was full. Now I have 32 exotic armors instead of just 30. Yay?

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Not exactly unforseeable either.

They’ve been saying for weeks people were going to get their items in the mail, and then they narrowed it down to “late this week” at the beginning of this week. So…how is that unforseen?

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Can we get an official response on who is getting a chest

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Unforeseeable?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Disconnect-at-the-end-of-Lost-Shores-Event-Read-this/788769

Posted 17 days ago. How much more warning would you like next time?

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Jabberwock.9014

Ok, I get it guys, there was fair warning but I never saw it. Thanks for the salt in the wound.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

So, people who got disconnected get a chest with a guranted precursor?
While many who looted the actual event chest got exotic crap only useful for salvaging (about 5g value). I and people in my group only got crap excluding the guranted 20slot bag and trinket.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cymatoperior.5942

Cymatoperior.5942

Would be great if also sent them to Oceanic players who didnt get a chance to participate..

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: supermanboy.4592

supermanboy.4592

I’ve been told by people who weren’t even online during the event that they got their reward in the mail, but I was in the event and got nothing…

The facebook message said that the script that they used to send out the mail may take a few hours to get everyone.

On a side note, I did not get disconnected during the event. I played during the event but didn’t have time to stay for the entire final fight so I logged. Is the purpose of these gifts only for people who disconnected or for anyone who participated in the event at all? I’d feel guilty for keeping the items if it wasn’t just for participation.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Shados.1306

Shados.1306

While many who looted the actual event chest got exotic crap only useful for salvaging (about 5g value). I and people in my group only got crap excluding the guranted 20slot bag and trinket.

I wish I got about 3 gold worth of stuff (very crappy exotics) from the chest I got by mail.

Still, I wanted the 20 slot box and the earring, and now i have them. Good enough.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

So, people who got disconnected get a chest with a guranted precursor?.

They’d be crazy to include guaranteed precursors, then they’ll end up with a second kittentorm

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

Not true.

I opened it on my low level alt. I got “rewarded” with low level exotics because of it. Not cool……..

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xiao Haishou.3691

Xiao Haishou.3691

I opened it on a lvl 19 character and i only got low level exotics as well. No chance at all for precursors then =/

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Tabletop Live.8145

Tabletop Live.8145

Brilliant… so the prices on gems etc. are gonna go up even more, and those of us who couldn’t make the one time event are going to get left even further behind.

Glad for everyone that got this, but it really sucks that it was limited to such a small window.

Word.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Firebaall.5127

Firebaall.5127

So I see John Smith edited what he said.

Not cool again.

I appreciate the gesture of you guys trying to compensate us, but this isn’t really working out. Is there going to be a redo for those of us lead astray from opening these on a low level character?

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Not cool again.

I appreciate the gesture of you guys trying to compensate us, but this isn’t really working out. Is there going to be a redo for those of us lead astray from opening these on a low level character?

Doubtful. It cuts both ways too; for every guy who opens the chest on his lowbie toon by accident, there may well be lowbies who did the karka event at like level 40, but in the weeks since the event are now 80; would they have to give back their goodies? :p

The fact they gave people a second chance at all is unprescedented

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

I’ll be furious if that turns out to be the case. My loot couldn’t have been any worse to be honest and I was there from the beginning until the end.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Felblade.8701

Felblade.8701

Well that’s fair, but what about me who had a bugged event for over 1 hour in overflow? i planned to do the event but it bugged for over 1 hour for me and i had to go see my mother in hospital, fair.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wingchild.9830

Wingchild.9830

I’m adding a ‘thank you’ post.

I was one of the people who stuck out more than two hours in the event and wound up disconnecting just before the final push to the hive. Missing out on the end and having no way to get back into the live event was very frustrating.

Sending out the Ancient Karka Chests doesn’t replace the thrill of being there, but it does help me feel less left-out.

Thanks for working to make this right with the players. I’m glad to see your team was able to follow-up. +1.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Damorte.7329

Damorte.7329

i didnt receive yet. =x

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wolf Fivousix.4319

Wolf Fivousix.4319

Yey!!! Thankyou guys! I got realy happy now =D

I don’t care about the precursor, exotic or anything, just having my diserved loot is good enough to me =D

// Dragonbrand
Wolf Fivousix – Elementalist
Black Wolf Trading Tool

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: BladeDVD.6234

BladeDVD.6234

While this is true in terms of Proffesion, don’t make the same mistake one of my guildies made and opened it on his low level character he was on at the time. He opened it on his level 2x Ele and ended up getting low level items.

So if you have a level 80, make sure to open it on your level 80.

Where were you before I opened mine? lol Ah well, there was still a couple lvl 80 exotics (at least one was account bound though) and a 20 slot box, so I’m still very happy about this.

I did get the chest on one character, but I tried to get back in on two different accounts as I heard people were able to repeat the event on over flow servers. Those I missed out on, so maybe that’s part of how they are determining who gets this?

Adding my thanks too! Very happy about this, especially since I was down to about 2-3 g across 2 accounts after maxing a few professions.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I got crap from the chest in the mail,30 silver worth of gear

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Way to jump to conclusions. Some people got precursors during the actual event; some people got precursors in the reimbursement. I didn’t, and you clearly didn’t. Tough for us. I’m still thankful for the accessory and the bag.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

Well that’s fair, but what about me who had a bugged event for over 1 hour in overflow? i planned to do the event but it bugged for over 1 hour for me and i had to go see my mother in hospital, fair.

You should have seen the people who were still waiting on the bugged event on Dragonbrand. One hour is nothing compared to the six-plus hours some of them waited. :-p

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Just got a random mail from the developers with a 20 slot bag, wicked accessory and 2 exotic weapons called dawn and silence and some yellows.

-Sincore

I just receive the bag and opened on a lvl 80 with 160% mf, not everyone receive a precursor :/

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: zathras.7698

zathras.7698

He opened it on his level 2x Ele and ended up getting low level items. So if you have a level 80, make sure to open it on your level 80.

Same here. Not everyone gets a precursor weapon. Oh well, tough luck on my part. (Edited)

I’m facepalming myself, I did the opposite: I read “replacement”, so I thought I’ll rather gamble my level 40 char’s gear in case the magic box… you know… replaces something… :-D Duh. (Non-native speaker here….)

Seriously. We get loot and see someone else got something shinier and somebody will always complain… Go to an ice imp, chill out, and go on with life.

Video games don’t turn us into killers, lag and disconnects turn us into killers!! ;-)

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

-Sincore

I just receive the bag and opened on a lvl 80 with 160% mf, not everyone receive a precursor :/

MF has NOTHING to do with loot from chests or emails. It only affects corpse-searched loot, and it must be on at the time of defeating the monster that turned into the corpse.

With the high chance of exotics, a large number of people have gotten precursors, but here or the event, it’s not a sure thing.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Not cool again.

Wow, he made a mistake, and fixed, it, so he’s horrible now? other than specifically granted loot, when HASN’T loot a) ignored profession b) paid attention to your level?

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

It seems like my friend who wasn’t in the event also gotten the chest in mail. So I think they send it out to every account that never loot the chest.

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

Gz all of you who got 100-300 gold for free

English is not my native language, sorry :<

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

Got nothing :-)

(edited by Hadrians.4567)

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Assuming everyone is getting one then mine still hasn’t come. Really glad to see that they did it this way (including giving an extra one to those who actually managed to get it the first time), so my earlier post was premature. It is least fair on those who got disconnected, but at least they get the chest, and it is the only way not to screw some group/timezone/people with jobs…

Props to ANet for fixing this!

Wow, thanks Anet!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

Assuming everyone is getting one then mine still hasn’t come.

I think it’s going out to everyone that simply never looted any chest during the event. Which on one hand feels very fair, and on the other feels like a huge slap in the face to people who worked very hard to be there and still got nothing but lag, frustration and two one hour sections of mindlessly grinding reinforcements.

Personally I DC’d during the event, spent an hour getting back on line, finally got online to see the chest on the map… ran all the way there to see it despawn while travelling. Was not happy. Was furious in fact. Then spent several minutes on an alt hoping to find an overflow that I could at least finish the event on; finally found one, looted and got very little. Can’t shake the ‘what if i’d have just got the chest I was supposed to get…’ feeling.

Related to this; feature suggestion: IF I can see a chest on the map, I should be able to click on the map to loot it. Just like I can interact with everything else. This would solve the problem in dungeons of people missing it and running back, and also remove the chance of this situation happening again.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory