Wreath of Coop. has green even when dyed

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

I wanted to warn people that the Wreath of Cooperation does not take dyes well. The leaves themselves are green and dye color only. This is disappointing as I am normally able to dye leaves celestial and make them appear as white feathers. No matter what you apply green will bleed through, especially when you look top down. Darker colors mask this somewhat while lighter colors barely show.

This is the wreath dyed celestia.

http://i.imgur.com/p1PZ62H.jpg

…and this is still dyed celestia top down.

http://i.imgur.com/PKWTWTF.jpg

As you can see, there is very little white and all. It more looks like the leaves were simply lightly dusted with snow. So, this is just a heads-up to those considering getting one. Sadly, this is not going to work at all for my character, and I need to find out how to go about pursuing a refund.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Actually, they take dyes, they’re just a different “material” than most clothes. On some of my characters, with their helms dyed Midnight Ice, the entire wreath turns near-pure blue-black. You’ll have to find colors similar to the expected color, but not quite. I’m not sure if you need it to be more pure or dull, but you can play around with it to find the right dye.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Not this time. I need pure white leaves and the reference pictures in the original post were taken using celestial dye. As I said earlier, darker colors (such as midnight ice) will mask the green. Lighter colors will not.

To give you an idea, this is the character and outfit I am trying to match.

http://i.imgur.com/RyUcUpb.jpg

(edited by Alexandr Nocturne.9140)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

Oooh a Mesmer. Well, I personally think that white isn’t your best choice for that outfit, assuming you’re looking for a peaceful look. I would try a beige-ish color. Mithril would probably be a good starting point and would give you more flexibility.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Alex is an ardent follower of the slain Norn spirit Owl. His color scheme is designed to emulate that of the snow owls around Owl’s wrecked lodge. That’s also why he’s covered in white feathers and why I’m trying to color the leaves of the wreath pure celestial white.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

Celestial isn’t actual pure white. It’s the most reflective white there is, which means it can change based on lighting. While that isn’t what’s happening here, it’s something to keep in mind.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Oh, I know. Alex uses celestial, white and black. Works perfectly for him. I actually like the reflective effect. Unfortunately it also makes the green on the wreath a deal breaker. Even if I switch the color on the wreath from celestial to white it has little to no effect. Still looks like a dusting of snow on a green leaf unfortunately.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

Ouch, I usually try out previews before I get items because of that. Since you’re using the feathered set, have you considered the feathered helm? I know those are hawk wings on the tip, but it’s still pretty nice.
Also, if you’re a scholar, reading glasses always work.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

I did try it. A preview, unfortunately is very small and I didn’t notice the green on the leaves. I was using the Honor of the Waves “helm”. I was just hoping for better. I’m not keen on the wings on the tip for the feathered helm.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

I’m colorblind and also not a dye expert, but if you’re trying to neutralize the green towards white (as opposed to black) you could try a light purple dye.

The textures would be blended in RGB colorspace, so what you currently have is something like G only, so adding R and B will make it white. That’s assuming gw2 does an additive blend of the colors. If it’s not additive I’m not sure what you could do.

tl;dr: try a light purple dye, it couldn’t hurt to try.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Why is it Celestial dye comes out dark grey in game? I wanted white. This is the story with almost all colors but black. They all become dark grey in game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

I’m colorblind and also not a dye expert, but if you’re trying to neutralize the green towards white (as opposed to black) you could try a light purple dye.

The textures would be blended in RGB colorspace, so what you currently have is something like G only, so adding R and B will make it white. That’s assuming gw2 does an additive blend of the colors. If it’s not additive I’m not sure what you could do.

tl;dr: try a light purple dye, it couldn’t hurt to try.

It was worth a try. Sadly, it didn’t work. Just ended up with a darker shade of purple. Thanks, though!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Why is it Celestial dye comes out dark grey in game? I wanted white. This is the story with almost all colors but black. They all become dark grey in game.

?

I have celestial on armour,it looks shiny white.. o0 ..

perhaps it’s youwn own colour settings?

At OP, I quite like the “snow dusting affect”, but seems like anet needed to throw in an extra dyable section, for those who don’t want it green.

Maybe go black with it to kind of match your colour scheme? I know that’ dark and not what you wanted but might look ok?
Or did you get a refund yet, OP?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Esplen.3940

This is why I like to use Deep Glacial Teal. It looks metallic and gives things a rusted, used look, even if they’re of the cloth dye type. Of course, sometimes I have to mix and match, but for the most part it works nicely and makes it looks more real than just having it all a single color (since it fades in and makes it look used!)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Alexandr Nocturne.9140

Sorry, I’ve been on vacation the last week and a half.

I decided to keep it. It wasn’t that expensive and I figured I could find a use for it somewhere. In the end I actually redid his entire look to go for a “Grove” feel. I kept the white feathers as his dedication to Owl, but managed to work the wreath in.

This is what I did…
http://assets.enjin.com/wall_embed_images/1409034020_gw123.jpg

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Saint.4165

Saint.4165

I think you’re high… or colour-blind. This isn’t accurate at all.

—Saint