anything going to be done about linen?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Currently linen, a T4 basic material, is well more than any T6 basic material. And since it’s cloth, there’s no way to directly harvest it and any farming of the stuff is unreliable since it’s contingent on both RNG and DR. So is anything going to be done to address this inequity? Or should we all just accept that these inflated prices are here to stay?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Poorly thought out……. -err- working as intended.

They won’t do anything about it. They either want you to buy gems to convert to gold or spend 12 hours a day logged in to farm the mats.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I suspect they’re going to leave it as is for a while to drain excess gold from the economy (and funnel more money from the wealthy veterans going for Ascended gear to the newbie players). Eventually I expect they will adjust drop/salvage rates for cloth, but it may not happen for some months yet.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

And for the longest time some T5 mats were, and still are, 1c over vendor with supply in the millions.

In the rush to max level and the refusal to play in middle level zones where some rewards and drops provide T4 mats (“I’m goin’ to ride this champ train all night long baby …”) those mats aren’t being found/savaged in the quantities that are in actual (as in a reasonable price) demand. I did get a lot of linen when I was in a level kitten zone a few nights ago. Pretty much by myself.

So how many port into those zones, do the event and port away without even trying to do a local DE or even a sweep? “But another boss event is waiting Behellagh, I have a schedule to keep.” Well guess what, that’s why linen is so expensive. Nobody is farming for it because nobody is playing in the zones where it drops unless they’re there for the boss chest.

Edit: Odd thing to kittenize, a range of numbers that are 5 less than what Zaxares posted after me. Ah, I get it now, silly way to write a word referring to the posterior using only numbers, as long as you squeeze out hyphens first.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Hey, I’m not complaining. My characters are just now starting to map the level 50-60 zones, where Linen tends to drop from lootbags and salvage. Most of it will be converted to Bolts for future Ascended crafting, but given my slow pace of play, I imagine I’ll have plenty of excess for resale after I’m done.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Yeah, hehehe, they’re gonna, heehee, remove the Funless from that area nobody goes to anymore, so that people can harvest there again. Bwahahaha! Sorry, nobody went there anyway except to beat up poor Teakettle 1.0.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

And for the longest time some T5 mats were, and still are, 1c over vendor with supply in the millions.

In the rush to max level and the refusal to play in middle level zones where some rewards and drops provide T4 mats (“I’m goin’ to ride this champ train all night long baby …”) those mats aren’t being found/savaged in the quantities that are in actual (as in a reasonable price) demand. I did get a lot of linen when I was in a level kitten zone a few nights ago. Pretty much by myself.

So how many port into those zones, do the event and port away without even trying to do a local DE or even a sweep? “But another boss event is waiting Behellagh, I have a schedule to keep.” Well guess what, that’s why linen is so expensive. Nobody is farming for it because nobody is playing in the zones where it drops unless they’re there for the boss chest.

Edit: Odd thing to kittenize, a range of numbers that are 5 less than what Zaxares posted after me. Ah, I get it now, silly way to write a word referring to the posterior using only numbers, as long as you squeeze out hyphens first.

The best linen farm I know (no exploit) still doesn’t make as much as champ farming so at the moment, it’s still better to champ farm and buy linen with the proceeds.

By the way, if you have a mid-level toon, leveling through the champ farm gets you a fair amount of linen as a side bonus.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Yes but I’m not or ever been in favor is speed leveling. An RPG is meant to by played as an exploration/adventure game, not a spreadsheet of optimal builds, fast leveling, speed runs and even “best farms”.

Except MMO players in general have been conditioned to play only one way with Flavor of the Month builds and choosing content solely on ROI calculations to minimize time while maximizing reward because in reality they don’t want to play the whole game anymore because all the good stuff is at max level/zones right?

It’s like reading a who done it and you jump to the end as soon as the crime is discovered. It’s like the episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation when Data and Geordi were playing Holmes and Watson on the holodeck. Data kept solving the adventure 30 seconds after it starts instead of going through it. The notion that there is a quantitative “best way” to play drives me nuts.

This thread isn’t about earning enough to buy linen at it’s current value, it’s about why it got there and how to fix it.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

An RPG is meant to by played as an exploration/adventure game, not a spreadsheet of optimal builds, fast leveling, speed runs and even “best farms”.

Says who?

Except MMO players in general have been conditioned to play only one way with Flavor of the Month builds and choosing content solely on ROI calculations to minimize time while maximizing reward because in reality they don’t want to play the whole game anymore because all the good stuff is at max level/zones right?

That’s not true. I believe the players who want to farm linen for ascended armor no longer enjoy the tedious heart farming, zone-completing ride because they have been there and done that before. They want to reach level 80 as fast as possible because the game is as good as dead below level 80. You can go into Timberline Falls and play for 20 minutes without ever meeting someone. That’s the exact opposite of what a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG is supposed to offer.

It’s like reading a who done it and you jump to the end as soon as the crime is discovered. It’s like the episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation when Data and Geordi were playing Holmes and Watson on the holodeck. Data kept solving the adventure 30 seconds after it starts instead of going through it. The notion that there is a quantitative “best way” to play drives me nuts.

I agree that people should not skip all the content, as long as it’s fun and desirable of course. I have seen players who’s sole purpose is to get a Legendary, but once they got the Legendary they were done with the game. I think that’s wrong because in the end this game should not be about items but about challenges. On the other hand, nobody likes to watch the same Star Trek episode over and over again. Therefore you can’t blame people for optimizing just to get done with certain content they have seen before.

This thread isn’t about earning enough to buy linen at it’s current value, it’s about why it got there and how to fix it.

The problem is there is no reliable way to farm linen (or even silk, cotton and wool). You can’t expect players who are level 80 to enjoy farming lower level monsters with an abysmal drop rate, especially when the alternatives are better. What we need is a good alternative for farming cloths. I think this would solve a lot of the problems regarding this topic.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The problem is there is no reliable way to farm linen (or even silk, cotton and wool). You can’t expect players who are level 80 to enjoy farming lower level monsters with an abysmal drop rate, especially when the alternatives are better. What we need is a good alternative for farming cloths. I think this would solve a lot of the problems regarding this topic.

Also what Behellagh is forgetting is that you mainly get on-level drops. They changed that at some point. At the time it may have been a good change, but now it would seem it’s created another problem. A level 80 can’t go and smell the roses in a lower area as Behellagh thinks we all should and expect to come out with a decent amount of that tier cloth.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

We can add linen to the next chopping axe, problem solved! To avoid breaking immersion, we can call it “laundry” – as all sorts of people put laundry on trees to dry. You can then convert laundry to linen with the new laundr-o-matic. If you buy the chopping axe and the laundr-o-matic together in the first week, you get a generous 20% discount!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Yes but I’m not or ever been in favor is speed leveling. An RPG is meant to by played as an exploration/adventure game, not a spreadsheet of optimal builds, fast leveling, speed runs and even “best farms”.

If you’re not on your first or second character, then leveling is boring. The hearts, the DEs, the vistas are all the same as at launch. And it’s not as if you need 80 levels to learn and explore your profession — the number of skills each character has access to is very small; the number of combinations of those skills is small as well.

And if you mainly play WvW, it’s an awful experience waiting for your new toon to finally get up to 80.

That’s why I champ farm all the way up.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you’re not on your first or second character, then leveling is boring. The hearts, the DEs, the vistas are all the same as at launch. And it’s not as if you need 80 levels to learn and explore your profession — the number of skills each character has access to is very small; the number of combinations of those skills is small as well.

And if you mainly play WvW, it’s an awful experience waiting for your new toon to finally get up to 80.

That’s why I champ farm all the way up.

How much hours does it take to champ farm to 400?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Also what Behellagh is forgetting is that you mainly get on-level drops. They changed that at some point. At the time it may have been a good change, but now it would seem it’s created another problem. A level 80 can’t go and smell the roses in a lower area as Behellagh thinks we all should and expect to come out with a decent amount of that tier cloth.

Except I have with my 80. Of course your definition of “decent” might be different.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

Except I have with my 80. Of course your definition of “decent” might be different.

Don’t the mobs drop T4 bags regardless of the player’s real level even though the gear scales? I had good luck with miner’s bags IIRC – the Dredge are so plentiful across Dredgehaunt and Timberline. My impression was that Timberline was worth doing a circuit around but I wasn’t particularly looking for linen. Between bags from the Dredge, Risen, and Grawl, the mature herbs, and the gold nodes, I thought I did pretty well there. I think the Iron Marches was fairly good too with all the Flame Legion and their ritual bags, but I didn’t enjoy running around there much – at the time, a lot of the events were regularly stuck and I liked the scenery in Timberline better.

I do remember having to actively go seek T4 leather and cloth. I had more than I could use of all the other tiers of of cloth and leather, so maybe there is something that needs looking at.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

I have just the idea! New harvesting sickle with a 20% linen drop rate. ^..^

Duty is heavier than death.

in Black Lion Trading Co

darkace.8925

I define “decent” as an amount of cloth (or leather) equal to the amount of lumber or ore I could have got in the same amount of time and effort. Right now the rate of cloth (or leather) accumulation isn’t anywhere near “decent”.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lothirieth.3408

So you’re able to get just as much linen as you do silk? (not that I’m complaining about getting silk as I need it!) I can’t say I believe you or perhaps your account is super lucky.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

No but most of my silk comes from salvaged blues and greens. And since those drops are based on you actual level then the answer is obviously no. But going back to the days when I didn’t salvage just about everything that dropped on me and comparing then and now, yeah it’s similar and yes it’s from bags or map completions.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Map completions? Wow…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

I thought map completions gave you a load of mats specific to that level range. It’s been nearly a year since the last time I completed a map in that level range so I might be remembering that wrong.

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

It does, although it doesn’t necessarily give you the ones you want. A Tailor might get Cloth or Leather, for example.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

I try and run Twilight Arbour regularly, and get a fair bit of linen from that. Not a huge amount I admit, but as you only need 40 scraps of linen to 300 scraps of silk it’s more than enough to keep pace. For wool I occasionally do some of the events where you need to kill lots of Centaurs in Gendarran Fields. I would do a profit analysis of killing Flame Legion in Iron Marches for linen versus joining the Frostgorge train, but farming bores me silly.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Currently linen, a T4 basic material, is well more than any T6 basic material. And since it’s cloth, there’s no way to directly harvest it and any farming of the stuff is unreliable since it’s contingent on both RNG and DR. So is anything going to be done to address this inequity? Or should we all just accept that these inflated prices are here to stay?

“Unreliable” is a bit strong – it is entirely possible to reliably farm these without exploit at a rate of 4+ GP/hr (grated – at current prices) – and can do so in a manner that is fun OR eye-bleedingly boring – player’s choice.

insofar as later comments (not by OP) regarding siphoning gold: farming these mats is helping those of us who barely kept a few gold in the bank (defined as never more than 50) are highly appreciative of those buying the linen… it is “lifting other boats”, as it were.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

Right – perspective. I find current options very “decent”.

Yah, it took a while for me to find a good region to farm (I resisted the urge to ask around and hunted it out myself) – but you certainly can, and can do so very profitably. Those of you wrapped around the social aspects of the game can probably find out much faster by asking around.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lothirieth.3408

I’d really love to hear from John Smith to see if he thinks 8 silver per scrap is acceptable for a t4 mat and something level 80s can’t reliably farm. Supply and demand, blah, blah, but considering how much more this costs than the other cloth, it points to something being wrong with its acquisition through playing the game.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

I’d really love to hear from John Smith to see if he thinks 8 silver per scrap is acceptable for a t4 mat and something level 80s can’t reliably farm. Supply and demand, blah, blah, but considering how much more this costs than the other cloth, it points to something being wrong with its acquisition through playing the game.

It points towards that the player base is willing to pay 8s per scrap instead of farming it themselves. And the argument that its not reliably farmable is simply untrue.

I am really sick of this argument and so i went out to farm linen today. I got 57 in one hour hitting various mobs that drop salvage mats and loot bags that contain linen. I did this in my pvt wvw build.

I also got 43 scraps of cotton and 74 scraps of silk.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Golden Monkey.6137

Golden Monkey.6137

Stop trying to break the TP. If you don’t like the price put in a low order and wait. It is pretty amazing how many people will sell for the lowest price possible.

People want money or mats so they put in time to farm. The only inequity I see is people wanting things without any effort.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Behellagh.1468

Stop trying to break the TP. If you don’t like the price put in a low order and wait. It is pretty amazing how many people will blindly sell for the lowest price possible.

Fixed.

;)

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Stop trying to break the TP. If you don’t like the price put in a low order and wait. It is pretty amazing how many people will sell for the lowest price possible.

People want money or mats so they put in time to farm. The only inequity I see is people wanting things without any effort.

Cloth is broken.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The only inequity I see is people wanting things without any effort.

And, what is an acceptable level of effort???? As mentioned scraps are not so easily farmed. It appears Anet is going out of there way to ensure there are no direct farming spots available for scraps. aka… Linen Banning

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

The only inequity I see is people wanting things without any effort.

And, what is an acceptable level of effort???? As mentioned scraps are not so easily farmed. It appears Anet is going out of there way to ensure there are no direct farming spots available for scraps. aka… Linen Banning

I siriously doubt that you actually went out to farm some linen apart from the nerfed farm spots.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Cloth is broken.

This.

They did well fixing cloth. But they went completely overboard.
We need some fine-tuning of the system. Urgently.

50g to 60g for an insignia is downright wrong. It defies the premise on which this game was built.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Cloth is broken.

You need to refine it to make it whole again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

darkace.8925

“Unreliable” is a bit strong – it is entirely possible to reliably farm these without exploit at a rate of 4+ GP/hr (grated – at current prices) – and can do so in a manner that is fun OR eye-bleedingly boring – player’s choice.

It’s unreliable because your ability to gather the material is beholden to rng. That’s not to say you can’t farm it; with enough time invested killing the right mobs you’ll get a stack eventually. But because it’s tied to loot, rather than gathering, it’s going to take you a hell of a lot longer to get a stack of linen than it is, say, platinum.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

It’s unreliable because your ability to gather the material is beholden to rng. That’s not to say you can’t farm it; with enough time invested killing the right mobs you’ll get a stack eventually. But because it’s tied to loot, rather than gathering, it’s going to take you a hell of a lot longer to get a stack of linen than it is, say, platinum.

I dunno how long it takes to collect up a stack of 250 plat ore. 1-1.5 hrs can get you a stack of Linen (sometimes faster due to RNG, as you mentioned).

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I dunno how long it takes to collect up a stack of 250 plat ore. 1-1.5 hrs can get you a stack of Linen (sometimes faster due to RNG, as you mentioned).

Why must people always exaggerate like this ? 250 in 1-1,5 Hours .. that is just a joke.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cormac.3871

Why must people always exaggerate like this ? 250 in 1-1,5 Hours .. that is just a joke.

I’m not sure if it’s exaggeration, so let’s do the maths:

Torn garments average 2 linen per salvage
Medium ritual bags average 0.8 per opening (assuming the drop rate of 40% given on the wiki was and still is accurate, and that the average number dropped is 2)
Let us also assume that bags drop every 2 flame legion, and garments every 5.

For every ten flame legion we can expect two garments and five bags, for an average of eight linen (2×2 + 5×0.8). Therefore to get 250 linen we would need to kill over 300 flame legion. Assuming that a good farming spot for them exists you would need to kill 3 every minute to do this in 100 minutes. This sounds plausible to me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lothirieth.3408

It points towards that the player base is willing to pay 8s per scrap instead of farming it themselves. And the argument that its not reliably farmable is simply untrue.

I am really sick of this argument and so i went out to farm linen today. I got 57 in one hour hitting various mobs that drop salvage mats and loot bags that contain linen. I did this in my pvt wvw build.

Then please, share your uber grind spot with the rest of us. And you were on a max level character as well I take it?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Then please, share your uber grind spot with the rest of us. And you were on a max level character as well I take it?

It wasnt an über grind spot, it was 4 different ones to not get DR. You just have to familiarize yourself with the different mobs that drop containers/salvage items that drop linen. And I dont see a reason to publish it here to make life easier for those, who prefer to come to the forums to complain about the issue instead of actually going out and do some dynamic events. Just because there is no little symbol called Linen on your Minimap doesnt mean that Linen is any less available than Platinum.

The fact that cloth and leather isnt harvestable from nodes is outweight by the fact that, compared to ore and wood, it is included in container loot tables.

Many low and mid tier lootbags have a profit margin of over 30%, if you get them on buy order and sell the loot at lowest sell listing. That tells me that many people just sell their lootbags instead of opening themselves.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Medium ritual bags average 0.8 per opening (assuming the drop rate of 40% given on the wiki was and still is accurate, and that the average number dropped is 2)

For every ten flame legion we can expect two garments and five bags, for an average of eight linen (2×2 + 5×0.8). Therefore to get 250 linen we would need to kill over 300 flame legion. Assuming that a good farming spot for them exists you would need to kill 3 every minute to do this in 100 minutes. This sounds plausible to me.

That is the problem .. Bags DON’T drop on every second .. they drop maybe from 1 of 10 or whatever.

I tried to farm them a while ago, and i got maybe 30-40 linnen per hour and that was not worth the time.

If you can get 250 per hour that would be 15g if you sell for 6s .. and then i think there would be much more people farm them and in the end the prices were going down.

Ah .. and i used that guide/spot btw.:
http://www.guildwars2-crafting.com/farming-guides/linen-scraps-farming-guide/

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

(edited by Beldin.5498)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Cormac.3871

That is the problem .. Bags DON’T drop on every second .. they drop maybe from 1 of 10 or whatever.

I tried to farm them a while ago, and i got maybe 30-40 linnen per hour and that was not worth the time.

If you can get 250 per hour that would be 15g if you sell for 6s .. and then i think there would be much more people farm them and in the end the prices were going down.

Ah .. and i used that guide/spot btw.:
http://www.guildwars2-crafting.com/farming-guides/linen-scraps-farming-guide/

OK, for science I killed 100 flame legion in Southern Fireheart Rise. I ended up with 20 bags and 3 garments, which probably makes the drop rate for bags between 1 in 4 and 1 in 6, and garment less than 1 in 20.

What I didn’t do is pay attention to which flame legion members are more likely to drop bags.

250 scraps in 1 1/2 hours is the conservative version of what was claimed, which is 3 scraps per minute. Going at the rate of 0.8 per bag as before, and assuming that supplementing these with garments will take the average linen retrieved to 1 per bag (it won’t quite, but it makes the maths easier), then that requires fifteen kills per minutes.

Having reconsidered I no longer think that the claim of farming a stack of scraps in 90 minutes is plausible. While I could probably see myself getting ten kills in a minute, I can’t see myself sustaining that rate. Having gathered this data, I personally doubt I’d be able to push past fifty scraps and hour, even if I properly researched where I needed to go.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Somewhere in a earlier patch when they were tweaking the scaling of loot and stuff, I am pretty sure it said something along the lines of.

if your level 80 and killing mobs in a level 0-50 zone the loot will be of the level that the map is.

but I am not sure it is working correctly because I still get level 70+ loot from under level 80 zones. from level 2 to 50 zones all seem to drop stuff for my level which is 80.

Sincerly, Me.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… The fact that you bring up karma suggests that you’re trading it at a Heart vendor for a level 50 – 60 light armor. But isn’t karma gear not salvageable? Unless there’s one particular armor that’s bugged and IS salvageable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Lothirieth.3408

And I dont see a reason to publish it here to make life easier for those, who prefer to come to the forums to complain about the issue instead of actually going out and do some dynamic events. Just because there is no little symbol called Linen on your Minimap doesnt mean that Linen is any less available than Platinum.

Ha! Typical and entirely expected.

That tells me that many people just sell their lootbags instead of opening themselves.

I’ve been opening mine after doing full TA runs and been walking away with like 5 scraps. Oh the loots!!!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

You can get stacks of linen scraps quickly if you have karma to spare which many players do because it used to be pretty abundant. Also this will net you much more money per 1K karma than the Orrian jewelry boxes.
Now you only need to know where to go, what to buy and what to do with it

Karma gear isn’t salvageable.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Maximka.4128

Maximka.4128

You can get stacks of linen scraps quickly if you have karma to spare which many players do because it used to be pretty abundant. Also this will net you much more money per 1K karma than the Orrian jewelry boxes.

But if you throw it into MF – then it is. Quick search for karma vendors and here we go http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcanist_Sol

(edited by Maximka.4128)

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

Edit: user error on quoting.

Yah, no – there is no ONE spot – there’s a collection of three (four if bored, but the fourth doesn’t yield well at all) level 58-59 spots/events (one of which does take longer than others).

I typically come off of one 30-45 minute run (depending upon blood alcohol level) of all three events (when I can get them to line up and people don’t hose them or de-synch them) This is USUALLY with one other person with me – if more join in, we get more drops.

200-250 scraps per hour/hour-and-a-half is quite doable if you hit the entire chain. Standing still in any one place seems to suck a lot. I have always blamed DR for loot drop quality dropping off (as the guy above said), but got told the other day it doesn’t unless you stand still for numerous hours. Whatever, I am running the chain, because my eyes tell me it yields more.

(edited by KarateKid.5648)

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

1) Torn garments average 2 linen per salvage
2) Medium ritual bags average 0.8 per opening
3)Let us also assume that bags drop every 2 flame legion, and garments every 5.*

1) That’s about right
2) On a per bag basis, I dunno – a stack of 50 all done at once (I hate opening as I go) gets me somewhere between 20-35 scraps, IIRC. When I’ve opened as I go, it seems to drop more of the bones, claws, frakkin’ oranges, etc.
3) My experience has been 1-2 medium ritual bags per 4 flame legion averaged over a run – frayed thingies are VERY low rate – something like 1-3 per 20-30 flame legion? Never tracked it.

in Black Lion Trading Co

KarateKid.5648

But if you throw it into MF – then it is. Quick search for karma vendors and here we go http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcanist_Sol

OMG, that’s got potential…