boycott silver fed salvage o matic!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gobax.6185

gobax.6185

Its a scam!! Same effect as mystic salvage but at a much much higher cost per salvage!!

ArenaNet!! Lower the price per salvage or increase the chance to get rare materials! (Not on par with black liln though just a little bit lower)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

I’m not buying it. If it was 70c though maybe…

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Its a scam!! Same effect as mystic salvage but at a much much higher cost per salvage!!

ArenaNet!! Lower the price per salvage or increase the chance to get rare materials! (Not on par with black liln though just a little bit lower)

It’s not a “scam” — it’s a convenience item that costs extra per use. Just because we are used to convenience items that decrease their per usage cost doesn’t make this one worthless.

Of course, I won’t be buying one, but I could see why some people might.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

Its a money sink.

The cost is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy higher than msk. They should make it pricier i agree but not that much.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Skaigash.4715

Skaigash.4715

Scam, rip-off, honest business… Call it whatever you want. I bought it yesterday after just coming back from work, tired and all. Saw that on the TP, remembered how I love the copper version, charged my card for the gems and bought it straight away. That’s how much I trust them with my money.

See, I’m one of those who buy my thousands of gems with real money. Suffice to say, that will be my last buy, at least with real money, until they fix this.

So I can’t join this boycott; I will however boycott the entire BLTP.

Cheers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You know it’s a bad deal, I know it’s a bad deal. But a boycott? That seems a bit extreme. Just don’t buy it, and inform other players so they can make their own decision. The numbers at the end of the day will speak for itself.

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

Dont boycott the BLTP some are actually worth it like the infinite gathering tools and copper salvage o matic.

Im on the same boat as you are. I bought it impulsively trusting anet. It was my fault i didnyt calculate ahead of time. It was too late before i realized that i lose gold rather than make profit if i use this silver fed som.

I started this thread to see wether anet listens to their players and is fair to everyone. Also so i dont have to waste 1 slot in my bank for this piece of crap.

I want it to become usable in the future.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

If that’s the case, you should contact Support about getting a refund. (Chances are low as they generally do not refund for “buyer’s remorse”, but you never know.)

Mind you, I wouldn’t be against the SFSoM becoming cheaper per use, or getting its functionality upgraded to that of a BLSK.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Skaigash.4715

Totally agree with you guys. There a lot of useful items in there, and I’ve bought some of them.

What I meant was, I’ll stop buying stuff with my real money. I’ll just convert gold to gem if I ever need anything from there.

And nah, I don’t think anyone can get a refund. It’s my fault for not doing the math first and trusting them the way I always have. And, mind you, I don’t feel angry or anything. There’s just this “numbness”, if you would. Disappointment.

I’ll still keep a lookout on convenient items in the store, sure. But I’ll be more careful, and not purchase with real money anymore.

Cheers.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

They should’ve called it the “Master Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic” and made the salvaging fee 10c.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

@zaxared

I think making it as good as blacklion salvage kit is too much xD

Maybe something lower than that but higher than mystic to justify the cost.

Or same effect as mystic but reduce the cost to 30c per use

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No need to boycott, it’s lousy all on it’s own.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

A scam would require them to not actually tell you what it is and does.
And yet it is very clear exactly what it is and what it does, and as such it is not a scam.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Its useless :<

Its convenient to use gold quality salvage kits only on rares mostly.
Nobody salvage enough rares to save enough time to make it a convenience item.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

We want

Half-fed salvage-o-matic…

..and no its NOT funny!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Would be nice at lover charge, yeah…
I totaly agree with it

Or y’know what? Boost it’s stats closer to BLKit.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Skaigash.4715

@lordkrall: Agree.
@LordByron: “Nobody” is an overstatement. I, for one, salvage everything I get nowadays from my daily world-boss hunts. Anet know players do this, hence the salvage-o-matics.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Scam, rip-off, honest business… Call it whatever you want. I bought it yesterday after just coming back from work, tired and all. Saw that on the TP, remembered how I love the copper version, charged my card for the gems and bought it straight away. That’s how much I trust them with my money.

See, I’m one of those who buy my thousands of gems with real money. Suffice to say, that will be my last buy, at least with real money, until they fix this.

So I can’t join this boycott; I will however boycott the entire BLTP.

Cheers.

The hell? You just buy items without thinking because you trust a company?!

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Skaigash.4715

@kokiman: Haha. I know how dumb that sounds. I was pretty tired from work, so my mind wasn’t thinking straight. Doesn’t happen often, no worries. :p As for my trust in Anet, I’ve been with them since GW1. And while they’ve had their ups and downs, controversial decisions, I’ve always been their fan. So that trust is something that they’ve earned from me. Hope you understand.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I looked at gem store, saw it, thought “yay, it’s finally here”; then read description… “oh hell no… i will stay with my MSK”…

Absolute gold sink, doesn’t pay off ever unlike amazing watchwork or any unlimited gathering tools for example. I am sure that only people who bought it didn’t read description or bought it on accident.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I posted a response in regards to this in another thread but I’ll paste it here.

"

I did some serious thinking about this item in particular, and about the 10 day sale in general, and I’ve come to the conclusion that the whole sale, in particular the silver SOM, is NOT in fact geared towards veteran players. Stop and think about this for a moment. As far as the weapon and armor skins currently on sale, as well the permanent harvesting tools, have already been purchased by veteran players who wanted them when they were previously available. I say “most” because obviously there have been people who missed them or were unable to purchase them when they were available (such as Rox’s Quiver).

Now, particularly in regards to the Silver SOM, the argument has been that a mystic salvage kit accomplishes the job nicely, and at little to no cost to the players making them. This is true, IF the player is a veteran. Most veteran players who’ve been at this for a year or more probably have a stack or three of mystic forge stones sitting in their banks just from achievement rewards and daily/monthly awards. However, people who have only been playing for, oh say, the last six months, will have few MF stones if any, and many of those that might have them won’t have a clue as to what to do with them. The Silver SOM would then seem like a good idea to them, since they wouldn’t have to take up valuable storage space for a bunch of 25 count master salvage kits.

It all comes down to demographics. This sale, by-in-large, is mostly not meant for veteran players, but the new and relatively new ones. Not that veteran players shouldn’t take advantage of it should they have missed something."

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Still it doesn’t take a vet to realize that a master kit is 61c and change per salvage while this is a whole silver and doesn’t perform better than a master kit.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Generally speaking, though, even new players don’t go through Master’s salvage kits that fast, which are still much cheaper per-use than the SFSoM

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

gonna get merged into the larger thread or closed.

I’d like to mention that I have quit making mystics, and find that I do not magically find 25 salvagable rares on me before I am close to a general merchant, so masters suit me well.

Copper matic was, and is, glorious. This one, not so much.

The only thing that the silver matic has going for it is whatever quippy voice clips go along with it.

Gold fed o-matic = black lion salvage kit that sounds like Morgan Freeman, make it happen

silver fed = increase the rate slightly.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I won’t boycott the Gem Store but I certainly won’t buy this item. I have the copper version and like it. The silver version – no thanks. Try again.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

You partly missed my point, which was that new players aren’t going to be making mystic salvage kits because they either won’t have the MF stones from achievements and most likely won’t be buying them from the gem store. However they would be likely to buy this item.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I get the math behind the assumption that it’s a bad investment, but Boycott it? How is it’s use by anyone harming your GW life / play style? I feel the same way about the Kardashians and Honey Booboo, but I don’t try to stage a protest against them…..I ignore them (as you should this in-game convenience tool).

Is this world so obsessed with “protest” and the need for a “cause” that you have to invent one when no harm is being done? This place never ceases to entertain…..

EDIT: I just read the 2nd paragraph of the OPs post….so we should Boycott it until it is changed to meet YOUR desires for a product…..how utterly selfish of you to ask everyone to deny themselves something they may want so you can get what YOU want…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

~grumblegrumble~
mystic kits are NOT 10c per use. at current prices, it’s closer to 10s per use. which puts silver SoM at 1/10 that price. the only reason you’re saying 10c is because you don’t salvage enough rares. in which case, why do you care?
more importantly is that it costs more than the master SK (61c per use). If the silver SoM cost 60c per use it would be perfect.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Mystic kits are 10c per use for me. I still have over 350 of them from achievement chests. Thats a ton of kits.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

I still have a lot of mystics too.

Im just frustrated at anet thinking they could get away with posting an item in gemstore which clearly isnt giving anyone a benefit and rather tricking them to waste more of their hard earned gold.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Brother Grimm.5176

My question is why are those with lots of Mystic kits even considering this item? Why concern yourself with it at all?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

My question is why are those with lots of Mystic kits even considering this item? Why concern yourself with it at all?

Because they need something to complain about of course. Just ignoring stuff that you dislike is apparently impossible on these forums ^^

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bellizare.5816

Bellizare.5816

Because they need something to complain about of course. Just ignoring stuff that you dislike is apparently impossible on these forums ^^

Or maybe because it is an indicator that there’s something messed up about the game’s current direction.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

1 of 2 things have to happen before I spend my money on this PoS. Either decrease the usage cost to be on par with a master salvage kit or increase the chance of getting rare mats and recovering upgrades to somewhere between the Master kit and the BL kit.

As it is now the Silver fed salvage-omaitc is a rip-off. Convenience is only convenient if the price of that convenience is worth it, and it isn’t.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s not a “scam” — it’s a convenience item that costs extra per use. Just because we are used to convenience items that decrease their per usage cost doesn’t make this one worthless.

Of course, I won’t be buying one, but I could see why some people might.

Costs extra per use + initial gem cost. I would call it dubious at best.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Im just frustrated at anet thinking they could get away with posting an item in gemstore which clearly isnt giving anyone a benefit and rather tricking them to waste more of their hard earned gold.

Getting away with?

You need to take step back and take a deep breath. Your using a rudely accusatory tone and terms for a convenience item. The tools for harvesting cost a lot more then the free ones we can buy with karma. Never made them a “rip off”. It is called convenience.

Or maybe because it is an indicator that there’s something messed up about the game’s current direction.

Or maybe it isn’t. paying for convenience is a fairly common occurrence world wide. I like the fact that it takes one inventory slot rather then carrying multiple stacks of the other ones when running around WvW.

(edited by dancingmonkey.4902)

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

Convenience?

Get 250 mystic kits and it can last up to a week. Its really easy to get and very cheap. Also takes 1 bag slot.

Silver fed o matic? 5 times more expensive to use than mystic and also takes 1 slot.

I doubt you will stay in the map you are farming for more than 1 week without going back to lions arch to mystic forge or do other stuffs which can make you restock on those msvs.

Convenience wise it does not add that much for something that cost 5times more.

Stop being a white knight and open your eyes.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Convenience?

Get 250 mystic kits and it can last up to a week. Its really easy to get and very cheap. Also takes 1 bag slot.

Silver fed o matic? 5 times more expensive to use than mystic and also takes 1 slot.

I doubt you will stay in the map you are farming for more than 1 week without going back to lions arch to mystic forge or do other stuffs which can make you restock on those msvs.

Convenience wise it does not add that much for something that cost 5times more.

Stop being a white knight and open your eyes.

Stop being a dark knight ;-)

Again, if some people find the convenience worth it, great. If you don’t, then just ignore it.

I’m not buying one and I can’t imagine anyone I know preferring to spend 500 gems on this over …even a set of swim boosters, but hey, world’s a big place. Plenty of room for different likes/dislikes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bellizare.5816

Getting away with?

You need to take step back and take a deep breath. Your using a rudely accusatory tone and terms for a convenience item. The tools for harvesting cost a lot more then the free ones we can buy with karma. Never made them a “rip off”. It is called convenience.

Or maybe it isn’t. paying for convenience is a fairly common occurrence world wide. I like the fact that it takes one inventory slot rather then carrying multiple stacks of the other ones when running around WvW.

All righty. Go ahead and buy one or more.

But in my opinion there are so many more cost effective ways to achieve bag space.

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

Well i just want to warn people too. So they can avoid making the same mistake as i did. I impulsively bought the item trusting anet and boom! Rip off

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

I get the math behind the assumption that it’s a bad investment, but Boycott it? How is it’s use by anyone harming your GW life / play style?

Looking at the title and I only get the impression that the OP is saying to boycott the SFSoM, not the entire store, which is literally just not to buy that one item – something anyone with a basic grasp of mathematics (and isn’t half-asleep from a long day at work, inebriated, or otherwise not operating at their full mental capacity) would be doing anyway. Nothing particularly wrong with that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: AngelDiscarnate.5489

AngelDiscarnate.5489

I make mystic kits.
But if I had the gems, I’d get one.
It’s just another small money sink.
People stockpiling thousands of gold with nothing left to spend it on… Y’know, it makes that spare change go away. And then you never have to worry about buying another salvage kit again. I’m cool with that.
:3

I play Fort Aspenwood, I lead the 8 member guild, Sacred Storm [Strm] I am Jason Goes Mental.
I don’t raid, I barely fractal, and I suck beyond words at PvP and WvW.
But I try, and that’s what counts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

Good for you! But only minority of the players are so friggin rich that they almost have nothing to spend on. Majority are struggling wether it is to craft an ascended set or legendary weapons. So to most of us, that 60copper difference is huge.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Bellizare.5816

I make mystic kits.
But if I had the gems, I’d get one.
It’s just another small money sink.
People stockpiling thousands of gold with nothing left to spend it on… Y’know, it makes that spare change go away. And then you never have to worry about buying another salvage kit again. I’m cool with that.
:3

I’m with you. I need some way to easily get rid of excess gold. I’m going to buy one for each of my toons.
: >

(edited by Bellizare.5816)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

I still think it would be better to go the other way and improve the SFSoM’s functionality. Make it a permanent BLSK, raise the price to 1000 gems, and increase the per use cost to 3 silver. (3 copper → 3 silver. Continuity!)

And then, one day, they can introduce a Gold Fed Salvage-o-Matic that costs 3 gold per use and functions basically as an unlimited Upgrade Extractor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

gobax.6185

I still think it would be better to go the other way and improve the SFSoM’s functionality. Make it a permanent BLSK, raise the price to 1000 gems, and increase the per use cost to 3 silver. (3 copper -> 3 silver. Continuity!)

And then, one day, they can introduce a Gold Fed Salvage-o-Matic that costs 3 gold per use and functions basically as an unlimited Upgrade Extractor.

Nobody will buy blsk anymore if this happens. And you know how anet is becomimg greedier and greedier. First by introducing this to trick players who do not calculate before buying, who knows whats next.

Our best chance for change is to lower the cost to rival that of mystic salvage kit.

But then again, i dont think anet listens to players here at all.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Zaxares.5419

That depends. Do people actually buy the BLSK’s? Enough for ANet to actually profit from them? Only ANet would know for sure, but I suspect that most players only use them when they get them from dailies or map completion. (I myself have 5 spare BLSK’s in my bank. I only ever use them on Exotics, so I actually tend to get BLSK’s faster than I can use them.)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

@lordkrall: Agree.
@LordByron: “Nobody” is an overstatement. I, for one, salvage everything I get nowadays from my daily world-boss hunts. Anet know players do this, hence the salvage-o-matics.

its not.

Mystic salvage kits for 250 will save enough time to make it pointless even for people that drops tons of golds.

Unless you salvage masterworks with a gold kit, its useless.
And considering how some T5 > T6 (silk or T4>T5) its even less likely.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Brother Grimm.5176

I get the math behind the assumption that it’s a bad investment, but Boycott it? How is it’s use by anyone harming your GW life / play style?

Looking at the title and I only get the impression that the OP is saying to boycott the SFSoM, not the entire store, which is literally just not to buy that one item – something anyone with a basic grasp of mathematics (and isn’t half-asleep from a long day at work, inebriated, or otherwise not operating at their full mental capacity) would be doing anyway. Nothing particularly wrong with that.

There is a difference between warning someone of an economic downside to buying something and a “BOYCOTT”.

boy·cott
?boi?kät/Submit
verb
withdraw from commercial or social relations with (a country, organization, or person) as a punishment or protest.
synonyms: spurn, snub, shun, avoid, abstain from, wash one’s hands of, turn one’s back on, reject, veto

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

After all, this item could be more wallet-friendly.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”