omnomberries price increase

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: dAcIaW.5107

dAcIaW.5107

Did I miss a patch notes or something, why are omnomberry prices going up suddenly? I mean according to gw2spidy this is basically the highest they have ever been, and the supply hasn’t been this low in a year.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

preparation for ascended cooking probably. Someone picks an item they think will be used and buy up all the supply.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I started buying cooking supplies about 4 weeks ago, when my next guild bank was ready. Omnomberries was 1 of them.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

someone hoarding this in a bank doessn´t matter

you can see this price increase on ALL materials coming from Orr zones

Orichalcum Ore
Orrian Truffle
Omnomberrys
Ghost Pepper
… and so on

I guess its people dont farm there anymore. Noone is farming Orichalcum and noone farm the events there so price is rising.
Mithril on the other hand i dont know why price goes down so much – i think there are some broken events somewhere or boters salvaging tons.

dont know^^

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

- i think there are some broken events somewhere or boters salvaging tons.

dont know^^

Not botters. Just players in general salvaging stuff for essence of luck

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romek.4201

- i think there are some broken events somewhere or boters salvaging tons.

dont know^^

Not botters. Just players in general salvaging stuff for essence of luck

and normal playerz did this before and much more than now and it did nothing to mithril price – supply for mithril was always high

but atm its just abnormal

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Mithril has been at this price pretty much since launch.

10 copper spread is not “dropping much”.

If it weren’t for precursors mithril would go the way of thick leather. 100% useless.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

someone hoarding this in a bank doessn´t matter

you can see this price increase on ALL materials coming from Orr zones

Orichalcum Ore
Orrian Truffle
Omnomberrys
Ghost Pepper
… and so on

I guess its people dont farm there anymore. Noone is farming Orichalcum and noone farm the events there so price is rising.
Mithril on the other hand i dont know why price goes down so much – i think there are some broken events somewhere or boters salvaging tons.

dont know^^

Well I run out of Thick Leather/Elder Wood every couple of days but I maintain a fairly steady supply of over 1,000 Mithril Ingots.

I salvage everything the same way(except using the cheaper kit on cloth armor).

I mine every ore node as often as I chop trees. I don’t run across rich mithril nodes much so that shouldn’t matter.

My best guess is that I am getting mithril from weapons, armors and the occassional trinket while the other two only comes from one weapons or armor.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Well I run out of Thick Leather/Elder Wood every couple of days but I maintain a fairly steady supply of over 1,000 Mithril Ingots.

I salvage everything the same way(except using the cheaper kit on cloth armor).

I mine every ore node as often as I chop trees. I don’t run across rich mithril nodes much so that shouldn’t matter.

My best guess is that I am getting mithril from weapons, armors and the occassional trinket while the other two only comes from one weapons or armor.

I gather everything I come across and since I’m trying to get my magic find up a bit, I salvage everything that is green, blue, or white after a quick price check. As a result, I have around 3000 mithril ingots now. Maybe they’ll be worth something someday. lol.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Romek.4201

thread is not bout mithril so would be ok when you guyz come back^^

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

thread is not bout mithril so would be ok when you guyz come back^^

Well, i think we already established why omnomberries dropped in supply and rose in price.

Notmuch people in Orr anymore and people buying up supply in anticipation of 500 cooking.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I’m omnomnoming the profits!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Correct me if I’m wrong… but can’t you just guest and get more omnomberry nodes? Iirc it’s not limited to the ori/ancienct node daily restrictions.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Wanze.8410

Correct me if I’m wrong… but can’t you just guest and get more omnomberry nodes? Iirc it’s not limited to the ori/ancienct node daily restrictions.

You can but nobody is doing it on their home servers in the first place.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

You can but nobody is doing it on their home servers in the first place.

Agreed, but I just wanted confirming that that option is out there if some one is in dire need of berries or wants to farm them up for goldz (ty for that ^^). I pick up a few that are near/along the ori/ancient paths every day, but I see people skip past them and the truffles all the time.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The game just introduced a number of new activities: Marionette, EotM, and some new stories. Everyone doing those activities is doing less of something else.

This isn’t the first time changes in the game have gotten people to leave Orr for somewhere else and that affects the supply. On Spidy, you can see pretty clearly that the amount of Omnoms avail for sale a month ago was four times as much as it is now, but the number of buy orders hasn’t changed that much. Decreased supply, static demand: prices rise.

As soon as a few more people notice, enterprising farmers will decide to go back to Orr to farm the Omnoms and the supply will start to go up again.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

food market (and their crafting) slumped when anet introduced dragon theme food. since then i’ve been ignoring omnomberry.

if the price recover i might revisit orr again.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I usually gather some of the omnomberries if and when I go do the temple of melandru event but I don’t really sell them. I don’t see it as a profitable thing to do. No I don’t really care what the current prices are. Oh and the event has been broken for several days now on Desolation so no more gathering for me.