re releasing dye packs makes everyone unhappy

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

as someone who invests heavily in these dyes expecting them to stay rare, im obviously mad that this was done, this needs no explanation and im sure none of you are suprised

but “so what” im just some rich jerk what do you all care what happens in my bank? well heres why it matters to you even if you DONT invest in them

1: if u want a specific dye, good luck, the odds r insignificant and you will spend WAY MORE opening dye kits than you would just buying it off the TP, so this doesnt help u at all u cuda saved money and just bought it from the TP

2: if u were hoping to invest in the dyes urself and turn a quick buck in a year or so NOPE, that option is gone now too, we thought these dyes were never coming out again so we invested in them, now we know they will wip them out whenever they feel like it (lazy a net,…..lazy) so they will never again rise to monolithic prices making your investment chances….slim to none

3, for all the people who bought one of these dyes off the TP in the past year or so…..congratz u waisted an epic amount of cash and now your UNIQUE DYE your gw2 equivalent of the blue partyhat….is available to every1 for a fraction of what you payed for it…..are u mad? u should be….

4. anet isnt happy, oh sure they will be at first they re sold a popular item….but will we be so eager to invest in future dye packs? no they can expect diminshed profits in the future because they made this mistake

(edited by Duke Nukem.6783)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Anet’s accountants are happy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

at first yes, but will we spend as much on future dye packs knowing the risks? i think not……good point tho il add this to the first post

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

at first yes, but will we spend as much on future dye packs knowing the risks? i think not……good point tho il add this to the first post

LOL this is the third time they’ve sold the F&F dyes. People buy enough of them that half a dozen complaints aren’t going to change anything. Have you ever heard the phrase “laughing all the way to the bank?” That’s what I think of when I see these complaints about RNG. That, and PT Barnum’s comment about birth rates…

The well is not going to run dry any time soon.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

LOL this is the third time they’ve sold the F&F dyes. People buy enough of them that half a dozen complaints aren’t going to change anything. Have you ever heard the phrase “laughing all the way to the bank?” That’s what I think of when I see these complaints about RNG. That, and PT Barnum’s comment about birth rates…

The well is not going to run dry any time soon.

it will and it already very clearly is, gem prices didnt rise as much this time as last time,

last time we thought they were gone forever

and will future dye packs be as successful? the metalic one isnt doing so hot…..

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I like the fact that the dye packs are continually re-released, and I have used about 25 of the limited time dyes on 11 of my characters. My characters don’t look any worse when someone else buys a dye they are using.

Content that players want shouldn’t be gated from them by TP traders. You can make more than a fair profit on dyes if you keep the price reasonable in between releases of them on the gem store.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

I like the fact that the dye packs are continually re-released, and I have used about 25 of the limited time dyes on 11 of my characters. My characters don’t look any worse when someone else buys a dye they are using.

Content that players want shouldn’t be gated from them by TP traders. You can make more than a fair profit on dyes if you keep the price reasonable in between releases of them on the gem store.

alot of ppl disagree with you about your character’s appearance if ur dye / armor peice is no longer special, i like getting compliments on my dragon helmets that i hope will NEVER come out again, i like when noobs ask where its from and they go awww when i tell them its discontinued

and what about all my other reasons? it just hurts every1 to re release these dyes

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I like that they come back.. You know how insane the prices would be if they didn’t.. and then what if they make a new profession and you want to make it your main and want those dyes on it? It would be way to expensive. I guess the people that are crying about losing money on the dyes should learn to sell when they are ahead. I know I have made a mistake on not selling soon enough so I have set guide lines on selling things earlier. You may make a tiny bit less but it is better than losing out.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Re-releasing dyes makes everyone except horders happy.

The only reason anyone could possibly have to be unhappy by this would be the simple reason that their collection loses a bit of in-game monetary value.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

alot of ppl disagree with you about your character’s appearance if ur dye / armor peice is no longer special, i like getting compliments on my dragon helmets that i hope will NEVER come out again, i like when noobs ask where its from and they go awww when i tell them its discontinued

and what about all my other reasons? it just hurts every1 to re release these dyes

I don’t consider other people as noobs, and I especially don’t like them feeling bad because they can’t enjoy having something in a game that I do. I wish they’d release more greatsaws every time someone asks me about mine.

Your other reasons are poor:

1) Releasing the dye packs keeps the prices of individual dyes on the TP down, so you’ll pay less for the specific dye that you want.

2) You can still make money off flipping the dyes, just not an exorbitant amount, which means more players can enjoy the dyes.

3) Prices change on the trading post all the time. Plenty of things drop or raise in price.

4) Prices getting too high on the TP for specific dyes make it less likely people will impulse gem-to-gold for a dye.

At the end of the day, as long as ArenaNet keeps the release infrequent enough that there is still profit in trading in the dyes, people will trade them. People aren’t going to refuse to trade in them because they aren’t going to get mega-rich off them.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I think your mistake was thinking that Anet cared about you making gold. You invested and you lost. Tough.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

I think your mistake was thinking that Anet cared about you making gold. You invested and you lost. Tough.

this was not the topic of the thread and thats the first thing i said, i expected a troll like u to show up

in Black Lion Trading Co

Duke Nukem.6783

I don’t consider other people as noobs, and I especially don’t like them feeling bad because they can’t enjoy having something in a game that I do. I wish they’d release more greatsaws every time someone asks me about mine.

Your other reasons are poor:

1) Releasing the dye packs keeps the prices of individual dyes on the TP down, so you’ll pay less for the specific dye that you want.

2) You can still make money off flipping the dyes, just not an exorbitant amount, which means more players can enjoy the dyes.

3) Prices change on the trading post all the time. Plenty of things drop or raise in price.

4) Prices getting too high on the TP for specific dyes make it less likely people will impulse gem-to-gold for a dye.

At the end of the day, as long as ArenaNet keeps the release infrequent enough that there is still profit in trading in the dyes, people will trade them. People aren’t going to refuse to trade in them because they aren’t going to get mega-rich off them.

1: it doesnt keep the price down enough for the people who wil impulse gold to gem to buy them, they still stay in the 30s and 40s so many ppl r still not able to get the dye, this makes them irrelivent in the discussion

2. you probally cannot make much money, factor this in with the risk of spending gold and not getting the dye in the first place and you have for a terrible investment idea, no longer viable at all under any circomstances, you forget that although the dyes are 100g + each in the store it costs 50 or so to get them (my record low is 30g spent for one) so they deserve and need to stay expensive to be viable

3, this is irrlivent i have no idea where ur going with this

4, thats not what anet wants…..and its not what we want

its wonderful that your so “virtuous” that u want every1 to be able to have the exact same things….i however consider communism to be a crime against humanity

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

You are foolish for investing in those dyes in the first place. YOU KNEW that anet had already re-released them a few months ago. Anyone with a brain would know that it was going to happen again and it will happen again in the future.

Also, every investment comes at a risk (well.. almost every :P). You should know that.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They made me very happy ^^ Was able to get some dyes for far less than they were just days before.

Can’t wait for them to go back up after the sale then be re-released again later on so even more people can enjoy them as well

These are time limited dyes. Not one time only dyes. Buy/sell them at appropriate times given that they’ll be back again in the future… just as they have been in the past. If you bought them thinking they were one time only… I would suggest reading what they write about the items more carefully next time and look up to see if they have already been released multiple times in the past or not.

@ Duke Nukem you don’t flip by buying dye packs with the RNG problems. You do it buy buying the exact ones you want during the sale off of the TP and waiting until after it’s done.

Some people sound kinda selfish with these HA! you can’t haz what I haz type of statements. If some one else has a similar look it doesn’t make yours any less awesome. It seems more like…

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Selenya.6410

Selenya.6410

The most expensive for me been 50-55g, no more (and I have Deep Glacial, Galcial, Charred & Cinders – both x2 cause i love them combo and then i decided also my ele deserved – , Shiver Sky & Sea, Deep Teal and was looking forward to something else as well). Always bought them on the lowest possible stage. Dont think I’m the smartest on this Earth and a lot of ppl probably did/doing and will do the same.

About the ’’_unique_’’ thinking… Loved when back in October/November 2012 ppl used to stop me saying ‘’ Shake that staff for me please.. Love it.. What it is?.. Omg how much did you grind for it? .. Walk for me please?" But he truth is: Everything hawt will first or later become mainstream and common. Like it or not. (e.g. The Twilight invasion -and it’s not even cheap! -)

Nexon = Advanced Cancer

(edited by Selenya.6410)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I collect all the dyes and I don’t mind. I don’t really see what the big deal is. Old dyes are still pricey.

NSPride <3

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

After F&F dye first release Pyre Dye barely made it to 100g.
After F&F dye second release, which was shorter than its first release, Pyre Dye made it to barely under 200g.

F&F dye has now been released for an even shorter time than the last release (its second release) and I am not concerned about the price tanking. The only reason it plummeted so fast was because of knee-jerk sellers ("Oh No! The dye is back in the TP so I have to sell right now before it crashes!) and people that got dyes they didn’t want from the packs.

The amount of dyes that will be put onto the market in 3 days will be miniscule compared to the number of dyes that were put out there before (I think a month for the first release and 2 weeks for the second).

I’m hanging on to mine. Still a solid investment IMO.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Valandras.2093

Valandras.2093

I love it when they re-release rare dyes, means I can pick them up at a massive discount when the prices crash.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Juclesia Elcritian.8410

Juclesia Elcritian.8410

This isn’t any different from discounting Bank Slots, Character Slots, Bag Slots, Transmutation Crystals, etc, etc, etc… Only this time, the discount doesn’t come directly from ANET, but rather the economy crashing the prices on the items.

I love it, as it means I can pick up some of the dyes I’ve wanted at more acceptable prices, and also I stocked up on a few dyes for when the promotion ends and prices shoot back up again. If you don’t understand any of this then I have nothing but contempt for you.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

On a different note, would it be wise to jump on the dyes now and sell for profit later? (baring in mind the risk of re-release). Molten dye buy order for 31 seems fine.

banished from time and space

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

It makes me happy.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

On a different note, would it be wise to jump on the dyes now and sell for profit later? (baring in mind the risk of re-release). Molten dye buy order for 31 seems fine.

As I recall, last time this was done they quickly rose back in price. So yes.

Also as a tip, doing this with BL newly released weapon skins tends to be a smart move also. When the aetherblade pistols came out they were about 40-50 gold. Now they’re almost 300 gold. Of course, your patience is a large factor in your profit.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

Re-releasing them made me happy – screwed over plenty of hoarders who artificially inflate the economy and make things out of reach for the rest of us. Plus more of these pretty dyes are floating around to actually be used.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: SRG.3607

SRG.3607

Made me happy too.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

It made the dyes more affordable, why would i be unhappy?

Only the speculators and dye collectors would be unhappy. Normal users won’t.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

As a dye collector who has every dye possible, I don’t care one bit that they put them out again. In fact I’m kinda happy that they re released them since now I can get those dyes for my alts and make them look better in my eye.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

dye collector collect them regardless of being rare of not.

it is not like you can resell them once you unlock it on your character….. lol

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Re-releasing dyes makes me very happy. Seeing greedy schmucks cry about having to drop their prices makes me even happier.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Releasing dies makes everyone but speculators happy …..

Its something should be done frequently to keep market honest.
Not only with dies but with anything wich price is being “controlled” to get profit on resales.

Did u ever heard risk/reward?
The first time you experience what risk is (despite its something like 0,00000001%) you can t complain.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: beelzebuck.3678

beelzebuck.3678

Nope.. Made me pretty happy. Spent 3000 gems. 3x 5-packs of Flame, 3x 5-packs of Metallurgic.. Ended up with Pyre, Cinders + Flare from Flame.. Recall and 2x Amenity from Metallurgic. Figured I might get 1 or 2 unique dyes but very pleased with 6

Menos Oitos/80 Guardian, Beelzebuck/80 Necro.
Abzu Bia/80 Warrior
[OCX] – SoR

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gobflinger.8653

gobflinger.8653

Releasing dies makes everyone but speculators happy …..

Its something should be done frequently to keep market honest.
Not only with dies but with anything wich price is being “controlled” to get profit on resales.

Did u ever heard risk/reward?
The first time you experience what risk is (despite its something like 0,00000001%) you can t complain.

Did you try to form a valid, objective and solid opinion and considered any alternatives or how could affect other aspects of the game? – or – Since you poked holes in your own statement; just wrote what was top of your head?
Seems like you claim that he is a speculator and then question if he knows how risk and reward works. A market is not centered around honest and fair. If you feel like hacking away at a troll, free diving a cliff or building a thingie and what not that fling cows – I am all for it! But please, do not claim that a vibrant and complicated mmo economy have to be dumbed down so that you can buy anything because you’re not the least interested in that aspect of the game. I get that you figure that everything should be obtained by anyone at any time. I just wish you knew exactly what the constant ‘watering down’ of everything intricate and how INSANE it is to tamper with the fundamental core of the genre! There are plenty of games that cater for those who think that streamlining everything down to one big button covering half the screen and reads “ARE YOU AWESOME?” – and if you don’t find it condescending enough – the other half will say “YES – HERE HAVE REWARDS!”.

I bet you like character driven games where we progress and grow, form our path and push on! If its not worth working hard for – its not worth having and simply because some don’t know how, enjoy or would rather focus on what ever that might be – does not mean the people who decided on a different path, aspect of the game and approach it through the TP, forge (or some mystic super-awesome-way we don’t even know about) should have to bend over backwards for your sake.

Anyone ever consider the possibility of Anet making new dyes with very slight diferencet hues?

I just find this double standard of calling people who excel at making good investments are being labeled as greedy by people who seem to forget that people have spent hours at an end writing their story. How does “You are greedy, so give me everything you have so we can go back to climbing the highest mountain that we had built for us in a 1 key-press to a gazillion apples high scale!”

So, in short. No to everything you said and yes to reading it backwards and drawing the same conclusion – only slightly more obvious!

Delete the adjectives and you’ll have the facts.

(edited by gobflinger.8653)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Deep glacial already back up to 196g http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/41749
Pyre already back up to 114g http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/41754

The sky has not fallen.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I dont’ agree with the “everyone” part. It does make “many” people unhappy though.

Many people are actually happy since they can finally afford the dye pack now.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

Nah, it makes SOME people unhappy, for a brief period of time. For two days, SOME people bought RNG boxes from the gem store and some dye prices dropped on the TP. The boxes are gone again – all they’re really done is act as a small check on the prices of certain dyes (NOT a bad thing) on the TP, and also reinforce the need to have the dyes in the market.

I’d forgotten about all these dyes because I look at the TP and think, “meh, expensive, I don’t like it that much” and go away. Every so often, I check back, but eventually, you forget. So when I see a massive reminder that these dyes exist, I am back to looking around and picking outfits for my chars I think will look good with these dyes. I’m looking at the TP to see where I can pick up the specific dye I want because I don’t want to take the risk with the gem store boxes.

And, ok, so some people had to sell at a bit of a loss (not really, since you still make a profit, just not as much as you hoped, which is NOT the same thing as being completely screwed over), but only for a very short while. The prices are still rising … look back to when they first came out, prices are higher a short while after each re-release.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

It makes me happy. People should have easy access to things in a game.
What if you just started playing?

Rarity of items is a waste in GW2.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

1: if u want a specific dye, good luck, the odds r insignificant and you will spend WAY MORE opening dye kits than you would just buying it off the TP, so this doesnt help u at all u cuda saved money and just bought it from the TP

If you want a specific dye, having them in the gem store will increase the supply in game, which makes them cheaper on the TP. Win!

2: if u were hoping to invest in the dyes urself and turn a quick buck in a year or so NOPE, that option is gone now too, we thought these dyes were never coming out again so we invested in them, now we know they will wip them out whenever they feel like it (lazy a net,…..lazy) so they will never again rise to monolithic prices making your investment chances….slim to none

The best way to make money is not with investments in items that you hope will rise to “monolithic prices”. Instead, invest in a broad spectrum of items with moderate return.

You engaged in the riskier end of investing, and lost.

3, for all the people who bought one of these dyes off the TP in the past year or so…..congratz u waisted an epic amount of cash and now your UNIQUE DYE your gw2 equivalent of the blue partyhat….is available to every1 for a fraction of what you payed for it…..are u mad? u should be….

If you are driven to buy things to make yourself feel special, you should probably seek counseling. Stuff doesn’t make you special. On the other hand, if you bought the dye for the going price because you liked the color and want to use it, you weighed the cost at the time and it was worth it to you. The fact that it is cheaper now doesn’t change that.

You bought each Elder Scroll game at full price when it came out, and I just bought the Anthology of all five games last fall for 1/10th of the price you paid. Are you mad? You should be…

4. anet isnt happy, oh sure they will be at first they re sold a popular item….but will we be so eager to invest in future dye packs? no they can expect diminshed profits in the future because they made this mistake

And yet, they keep doing it. Which means they are epically stupid, or… it still brings in the income.

You know, this kind of rage can lead to health problems. Perhaps you should put down the keyboard and read a book or get some exercise.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Magnus Steelgrave.6580

Magnus Steelgrave.6580

I don’t think they should have easy access to everything in a game but something like dyes absolutely… There’s no reason in my opinion a dye should ever be rare enough to cost more than 10g so the re-release did make me happy but they’re still way over priced haha

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

this was not the topic of the thread and thats the first thing i said, i expected a troll like u to show up

This is not a troll reply at all. Honestly, the most important interaction isn’t between players, it’s the direct transactions between Arenanet and it’s customers. The TP will always comes a distant second to the Gem Store. The direct purchasing of gems with real world currency is what keeps the game going. For that, it requires items to be in the gem store.

Don’t ever expect anything to be one time only in the game. Because if Arenanet wants my money, then they have to have items in the gem shop. Because I’m not going to convert gems to gold to inflate the economy and make others rich. I’m buying Gems to support Arenanet directly.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This made me happy because I wasn’t nearly as rich back then when they first came out as now when they were re-released. I also was unwilling to spend 100g on the dye because that shininess just wasn’t worth 100g to me.. But when they were rereleased and the dye dropped to 30g, I totally thought it was worth it, bought it, and now my character looks fricken’ sweet.

I’m glad they did this sort of re-release, and I say that as a consumer of this item. Thanks ANet!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: gobflinger.8653

gobflinger.8653

I really hate being this condescending – but what you are saying makes absolutely no sense and if I didn’t have a healthy distance to the mmo genre (a perk you’ll get after 15 years in various games) I would say that you are being a jerk and knowingly, willingly try to offend people.

I hope that you will get some sort of frame of reference to this and apply this scenario to your reality; Imagine how you would feel if you worked finger to the bone, trying to get this muscle car and found that they gave it away the next week to anyone that ‘just obtained a driving license’. If you are naive enough and pretend that you are better and above the natural instincts of our species; please say so because I thoroughly LOVE that sort of narcissism (because I used to be that guy before I accepted that we’re nothing but apes with good PR and decent Wi-Fi.

Ask yourself a few basic fundamental questions and I’m sure you will come to the same conclusion.

- Would you like if you started off at max level – since that would not diminish the experience in a game that use use level adjusted zones? Or is it possible that your brain, on an unconscious level reward this sort of progression?

- Would you like to have the best items in the game? I am sure that that would be neat – I wouldn’t mind at all – but if every player got the same top -notch deal- would you wonder why everything have the standard attire and would you question the whole concept behind spending time and effort?

- Do you think kids build treehouses because they think the design and layout of the house they live in is flawed or do we have this constant burning urge to constantly challenge our abilities? Would you be sitting, way up there, on a rusty nail deathtrap, amazed that you did this on sheer will if your parents built it for you.

This is not couter strike, you know that right? If that is your flavour I can namedrop a bunch of games that where you will be on pair with the rest at the get go!

The WHOLE mmo experience, at its core, rest on this. Anet can and should make new hues and dyes and that would be that! If you at any time excel beyond the average player – which I’m sure you already do – be proud of that and let people who have spent hour, days and weeks of playing, planing and even real hard earned cash (and ingame currency, of course) to have enjoy the reward as they should!

Its not greedy to accept that effort lead to rewards — It is the pure unrefined and worse sort of greed to undermine everything that people did and expect that anyone but the developers should sort the issues they cause.

If anyone of the good people that run this ship should examine the data that followed shortly after they a major MMO had a bit of panic (as other games started to hit the shelves) and they saw fit to enter the battle for ‘new accounts’ at the expense of the millions that already played. I love how they opened up the game for new continents with enormous markets and release press just how many people they had signed up.

So lets say that they had 10 at the beginning – a few fell off – and another 10 joined and the number we got was still at 10. Sounds about right maybe – unless you happened to be one of the few that stayed around and questioned why NONE of the many friends remained. There is a middle ground which does not mean putting a shotgun and blast both feet clean off!
- Make sure that new players have the same chance to stand out and form a unique path that they can be proud; but not at the expense of others. The objective always growing, but making sure that those who accomplished their set goal feel motivated to stay.

Delete the adjectives and you’ll have the facts.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

I hope that you will get some sort of frame of reference to this and apply this scenario to your reality; Imagine how you would feel if you worked finger to the bone, trying to get this muscle car and found that they gave it away the next week to anyone that ‘just obtained a driving license’.

Wait, you said you got the dyes relatively cheaply and have held on to them. Where is your “working you fingers to the bone”.

And ANet has them back in the gem store. People still have to pay for them Where is the great muscle car give-a-way?

- Would you like if you started off at max level – since that would not diminish the experience in a game that use use level adjusted zones? Or is it possible that your brain, on an unconscious level reward this sort of progression?

Yes, please. I don’t find leveling all that meaningful in this game. I ignored it, it happened while I ran around exploring. The first 30 levels or so are sort of annoying because you can’t get traits that make some professions really start to click, but I didn’t feel a meaningful sense of accomplishment from the leveling process. Watching my world complete % rise was a lot more meaningful.

- Would you like to have the best items in the game? I am sure that that would be neat – I wouldn’t mind at all – but if every player got the same top -notch deal- would you wonder why everything have the standard attire and would you question the whole concept behind spending time and effort?

If by “best”, you mean most powerful. Yes. Many of us thought that’s the game we were buying at launch because GW1 worked that way and dev commentary made it look like we were going to get it in the sequel. If there were plenty of cosmetic options to choose from, everyone wouldn’t be wearing the same standard attire. I love diversity. I have no need, however, for exclusivity.

- Do you think kids build treehouses because they think the design and layout of the house they live in is flawed or do we have this constant burning urge to constantly challenge our abilities? Would you be sitting, way up there, on a rusty nail deathtrap, amazed that you did this on sheer will if your parents built it for you.

Um, yeah. Treehouses are just cool. I’m building one with my kids this summer. They’ll help me, but that’s because we like to do stuff together, and it’ll be a good learning experience, not because I think the only value in treehouses is that you built it yourself.

The WHOLE mmo experience, at its core, rest on this. Anet can and should make new hues and dyes and that would be that! If you at any time excel beyond the average player – which I’m sure you already do – be proud of that and let people who have spent hour, days and weeks of playing, planing and even real hard earned cash (and ingame currency, of course) to have enjoy the reward as they should!

MMORPG experience has been this way traditionally. There’s nothing inherent in Massive, Multiplayer, Online, or Role-Playing-Game that requires exclusive items for bragging rights.

- Make sure that new players have the same chance to stand out and form a unique path that they can be proud; but not at the expense of others. The objective always growing, but making sure that those who accomplished their set goal feel motivated to stay.

Speculation has two prongs. It’s not just about buying the right thing at the right time. It’s also about knowing when to sell. You did great with the first, but misjudged the second, and now you’re blaming ArenaNet.

In the end, intellectual property is an asset that any wise creator reuses to the best possible effect. Sequels, derivative work, and re-releases are all ways you get maximum value from the things you create. To expect ArenaNet to develop something and then never put it back on sale again is naive.

In fact, with Living Story the community has been arguing the exact opposite. Why spend so much time on development that lasts a short time and is gone?

All to chase some meaningless sense of exclusivity. “I was there when (and you weren’t)” for Living Story, or “Only a few people have this exact shade of blue” for dyes.

Or, in your case, I can invest in these and never have to worry about the market crashing.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

I am very happy they are back(or were). It allowed plenty of newer players to grab the dyes and those that missed it last time a second chance. I am sure Anet is happy with the gems being bought and all the gold that got exchanged into gems and thus removed from the economy.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: World War III.3869

World War III.3869

can the “i was investing crap”, the dyes are meant to be used not to be inflated. Especially when some of the dam things have a 10silver counterpart and aren’t too special anyways. every other toon has twilight and look at it’s price.

plus how could you not expect or not think that they might possibly get released again? it’s happened before. not anets fault or anyone else’s but your own if you didn’t sell. besides, they’ll go up again.

i can’t believe anyone would complain about this….

(edited by World War III.3869)

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My girlfriend was happy she managed to get more opportunities to get the exclusive dyes. She bought some gems with cash, bought a couple of each, and ended up with the Flare and Deep Sky (I think?) dyes. She sold the Flare and kept the Deep Sky. ANet is happy because they got more real money.

So, no, the premise that re-releasing limited time items makes no one happy is clearly false.

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: sereniity seven.5603

sereniity seven.5603

Aww boo boo to the greedy peeps.. Im very happy they ‘re released these dyes. Honestly dye shouldn’t even have been put on the gem store. Everyone should be able to have a chance of getting any color they want. Having dye go up to 300g is just silly if u ask me..im sorry your an unhappy tyrian