week-later sale refunds?

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Graphik.8673

Graphik.8673

I bought a name change contract last week for 800 gems and this week it’s on sale.

is there such a thing as [redeeming] like what various out-of-game stores like Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us, etc for their customers when a situation like this happens?

is it possible i can receive 160 gems back for such a short-notice sale?

looks forward to good answer!
thanks

-Graphik

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

As far as I know, that’s not possible.

Also, I’ve never seen that redeeming in real life stores. I wish I had something like that in my country!!!

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I bought a name change contract last week for 800 gems and this week it’s on sale.

is there such a thing as [redeeming] like what various out-of-game stores like Best Buy, Target, Toys R Us, etc for their customers when a situation like this happens?

is it possible i can receive 160 gems back for such a short-notice sale?

looks forward to good answer!
thanks

-Graphik

Last time I recall, Gaille said you can try if were a day early.

Personally though, when you are a week early, tough luck.

If they had a strict policy of “refunds permissible for purchases x days before a sale”, then how about x+1, x+2 and so on?

People would keep trying to stretch the policy.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You wanted it then, so you bought it then for the price it was at then. That’s all there is to it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Aurelian Omenkind.2470

Aurelian Omenkind.2470

If they had a strict policy of “refunds permissible for purchases x days before a sale”, then how about x+1, x+2 and so on?

Not really. In America, many large retailers have policies for price-matching against competitors and their own sale prices as long as a month out. I don’t think a week is unreasonable. If people have a solid policy in writing, it’s easy for them to approve or deny claims. People couldn’t get away with trying to stretch the limit because the limit has been carved in stone, so to speak.

As far as I know, ArenaNet has never stated explicitly anything regarding “gem sales are final” or “we have a refund policy to account for sale promotions — ask us!” I could be wrong, though, and would welcome quoted verbiage here. A solid answer would help tremendously.

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Here is what Gaile Gray said on a similar post where a guy bought a character slot several days before a sale:

If it was a matter of a few hours, I’d suggest a ticket. But this is a matter of days, and in that case, I don’t believe that we can assist with a refund.
If you think about it, the Gem Store could be handling this sort of thing all the time, for every sale, if the timespan for such requests was broad. That would get time consuming and costly, in terms of slowing response times for gameplay and account issues.
So because the purchase was well in advance of the sale, I would not recommend submitting a ticket.
Gaile Gray
Support Liaison
ArenaNet

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

would love something like this, i bought 1800 gems to transfer to t8 and then 1 week later, they changed population sizes to move players around, and that t8 server became med pop, 500gems btw, so i wouldve saved 1300gems, around 30ish gold or so.

Will you help me move?

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Not really. In America, many large retailers have policies for price-matching against competitors and their own sale prices as long as a month out. I don’t think a week is unreasonable. If people have a solid policy in writing, it’s easy for them to approve or deny claims. People couldn’t get away with trying to stretch the limit because the limit has been carved in stone, so to speak.

As far as I know, ArenaNet has never stated explicitly anything regarding “gem sales are final” or “we have a refund policy to account for sale promotions — ask us!” I could be wrong, though, and would welcome quoted verbiage here. A solid answer would help tremendously.

Price match only exists because obnoxious consumers would just re-buy and return the higher priced receipt, causing needless paperwork and employee time. Don’t expect any kind of digital sales to offer you that kind of service or you will be repeatedly disappointed.

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Geotherma.2395

Geotherma.2395

A thread like this pops up every single time. No, most likely not. You just have to be around for the sale, if you missed it you and others who missed it are out of luck. If you spent beforehand, your also out of luck. I’ve done it too so i know the feeling, but that’s just the way it is with luck.

Intel i7 3.9ghz processor 16GB Ram 2TB HDD
Nvidia GTX 650 Win 7 64bit FFXI 4+yrs/Aion 4+ years Complete Noob~ Veteran OIF/OEF
http://everyonesgrudge.enjin.com/home MY GW2 Music http://tinyurl.com/cm4o6tu

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Price match only exists because obnoxious consumers would just re-buy and return the higher priced receipt, causing needless paperwork and employee time. Don’t expect any kind of digital sales to offer you that kind of service or you will be repeatedly disappointed.

Exactly. The difference between the gem shop and Target, etc., is that the gem shop doesn’t have a return policy, ever. If you buy something at Target and it goes on sale before the return period ends, they may match the price because they know you could return it and re-buy it anyway. Since all sales are final at the gem shop, there’s no need for them to price match if things go on sale.

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

Do they announce up coming sales before hand or not? Is there a way they could perhaps put a notification on the log in screen? Like they used to with GW1 and the weekend events? Or would this mess up things in the economy?

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Do they announce up coming sales before hand or not? Is there a way they could perhaps put a notification on the log in screen? Like they used to with GW1 and the weekend events? Or would this mess up things in the economy?

It won’t mess up the economy for gem store services such as character slots and other account additions. I think they release information on sales a couple days prior primarily on the Facebook page, which I always though was a poor method of relaying information to the players.

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

The same thing happened to my bf and I. He purchased gems for the both of us for Christmas to use for character slots. I told him to let’s wait until New Year’s to spend them in case there’s a sale. New Year’s came, no sale, so we went ahead and purchased 2 character slots each. Literally 2 days later character slots were on sale (and there was only about 12 hours notice given for said sale).

We both submitted tickets thinking that the sale was so close to our purchase that getting a refund for at least the difference wouldn’t be an issue. Went through about 5 escalations before being flat out told that they never do refunds except for non-beneficial mistakes, like double ordering the CE upgrade.

Since then, we don’t buy gems with real money anymore and we never buy anything unless it’s on sale. That’s the only advice I can give you, it’s the only way to make sure you don’t get screwed.

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

It won’t mess up the economy for gem store services such as character slots and other account additions. I think they release information on sales a couple days prior primarily on the Facebook page, which I always though was a poor method of relaying information to the players.

Oh I see thanks for the info and yes I agree with you. They should implement it into the log in screen, not everyone uses facebook/twitter.

week-later sale refunds?

in Black Lion Trading Co

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

the only game that i know of who does/did (i don’t know how it is now) this is leauge of legends.
in LoL, you get refunded the difference if you bought the champion within a month of an unannounced price*reduction*, i’m not sure if they do it with the weekly skin/champion sales. but i don’t think so

but tbh, LoL is a completely different game so i dont blame gw2 if they don’t do it.
worst thing that happend me was a steam sale. they had a unannounced steam sale and i bought a game for about 30eur and 5h later (not yet started the game lol)it get sold on a sale for 10eur. now thats tough luck xD.