in CDI

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Proposal Overview:
Guild Villages

Goal of Proposal:
Add housing, give Guilds more reason to exsist

Proposal Functionality:
Add Housing, add a showroom for guild achievements, add a blackboard for announcements and such.

Associated Risks:
Players need to have a guild to have access to housing. (?)
Guild Village could be rather big if there are 500 member in one guild.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I think we need to address the open world vs instanced for guildhalls, I believe open world is not viable.
-Mega servers specifically prevent the creation of open world structures as it would depend on which copy of the map you end up in.
-There is no existing space large enough to house guild halls in the open world (that includes in cities) or that can be created reasonably.
-A Guild hall is your guild’s and guests private space, having any passer by able to enter detracts from this.
-It limits certain implementations such as for GvG
-It doesn’t fit the narrative large scale multi-racial guilds outside of the 3 orders are a mostly meta concept not game concept, having it in an instance allows for grand guild halls without detracting from the narrative.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Proposal Overview:
Guild Zones.

Goal of Proposal:
I love depth in MMOs. It is the main reason I play them over other genres. I assume there are other like me who feel the same way. Well, my idea to add more depth to GW2 involves the addition of new special themed zones with player/guild/alliance driven content. These zones will exist by districts that the player can select similar to GW1’s cities.

Proposal Functionality:
Each zone will have content that is unlock able through Gems, Gold, Dungeon Tokens, Badges of Honor, and most (if not all) other forms of currency in game at an appropriate and fair exchange rate. This is to avoid adding another currency but instead adding a vendor accepting all currencies for this feature.

Each zone will include:
——————————————-
-Keeps (Strong customization options)
-Housing (Strong customization options)
-Zone exclusive mounts
-Unique Enemies (fitting each zone)
-Unique Biconic Characters (to drive extended PvE content)
-Hard Mode
-Zone Buffs/Debuffs
-Open World Boss
-Zone PvP Toggle On/Off
-Zone Guild vs Guild Matches (some instanced version of the zone maybe)

Each zone will lack:
——————————————-
-Capitol City vendors (to keep Capitol Cities well populated)
-Multiple Waypoints (to encourage the use of mounts, but one or to to res.)

Potential Risks:
Players may be upset with the amount of time needed to get the required funds to unlock the content. It may also make content that requires more organization than is normally done in pugs.

Attachments:

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

take the GW1 Guild Hall model, and implement it in GW2. simple.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Guild Airships – mobile guild halls that add a moveable waypoint to the world.

Add war customizations and allow for guild hall vs guild hall battles.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Nova Pint Kiosk.7085

Nova Pint Kiosk.7085

I would like them to be fairly large, large enough for there to be 1 portal for each city (including Lion’s Arch) each with its own entranceway decorations (think like a large college’s grassy entrance… whatever those are called… apparently called Quads?) This large entranceway with a portal to each major city (and decorations for those cities along their path to the building) could harbor activities, critters, merchants, or whatever.

As for the building itself, i would like it to be possible to make multiple stories (bank in the basement, maybe upstairs could be special rooms for high ranking officers or whatever) and there needs to be lots of customization (choice of building type, furniture placement, etc.)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

I think we need to address the open world vs instanced for guildhalls, I believe open world is not viable.
-Mega servers specifically prevent the creation of open world structures as it would depend on which copy of the map you end up in.
-There is no existing space large enough to house guild halls in the open world (that includes in cities) or that can be created reasonably.
-A Guild hall is your guild’s and guests private space, having any passer by able to enter detracts from this.
-It limits certain implementations such as for GvG
-It doesn’t fit the narrative large scale multi-racial guilds outside of the 3 orders are a mostly meta concept not game concept, having it in an instance allows for grand guild halls without detracting from the narrative.

Mega servers are always a problem for guilds and so if it comes to guilds and mega-servers the Dev’s will need to find some solutions there anyway.

However I will go over your problems.

1- When you use new maps where you have guild-halls in the open world you can simply make those maps server based. That would be one possible solution. You know just as the WvW maps are also still server based.

2- Again new maps could solve that but a suggestion like that from Retro is also able to solve that problem. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/CDI-Guilds-Guild-Halls/first#post4454383

3- If a guild hall is in an open map that does not mean everybody can enter. I would think guilds have the option to give free access or not.

4- I don’t see this one. You could have a place in your guild hall or in a open world map for guilds or guild hall neighborhood (referring to things suggested here) where you can GvG.

5- Why not, why can’t there be sub guilds. Besides it’s also not like if those 3 orders are such a big thing for many people. Players who did not complete the LS aren’t even really in one of them. And no matter if you would place it in the open world or not you would still have to explain it story wise. So make it part of the narrative I would say.

I would think open world guild-halls would be better because it would simply add much more to guild, to the world to the hole idea of guild halls and so on. However yes as you point out it comes with it’s own difficulties that need solutions.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

I would not add guild zones to the existing map as you are limiting expansion potential for new pve zones on the map. If anything a guild hall should be like a block of flats. Each account in the guild gets a flat, and there is a communal meeting place in the middle with all necessary amenities (merch, TP, Bank etc)

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

What does CDI stand for?

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

Proposal Overview:
Guild Zones.

Goal of Proposal:
I love depth in MMOs. It is the main reason I play them over other genres. I assume there are other like me who feel the same way. Well, my idea to add more depth to GW2 involves the addition of new special themed zones with player/guild/alliance driven content. These zones will exist by districts that the player can select similar to GW1’s cities.

Proposal Functionality:
Each zone will have content that is unlock able through Gems, Gold, Dungeon Tokens, Badges of Honor, and most (if not all) other forms of currency in game at an appropriate and fair exchange rate. This is to avoid adding another currency but instead adding a vendor accepting all currencies for this feature.

Each zone will include:
——————————————-
-Zone exclusive mounts
-Hard Mode
-Zone Buffs/Debuffs
-Open World Boss
-Zone PvP Toggle On/Off

Each zone will lack:
——————————————-

Potential Risks:
Players may be upset with the amount of time needed to get the required funds to unlock the content. It may also make content that requires more organization than is normally done in pugs.

Personally I would take the gold and gems out of it and maybe any currency. We would not want yet another gold grind. Think should be earned by playing the game. Doing a guild-mission could drop maybe a access pas? Or completing a hard guild-dungeon something like that. It would make more sense and be more fun wouldn’t you agree?

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

The only suggestion I have is to make them attainable for small guilds.

Unlike upgrading a guild now it’s pretty much completely unrealistic for a small guild to ever get to do their own quests and stuff with how much influence upgrades costs.

Costs should scale based on guild size.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

Unlike upgrading a guild now it’s pretty much completely unrealistic for a small guild to ever get to do their own quests and stuff with how much influence upgrades costs.

I agree that it should be accessible for smaller guilds. I don’t agree it should scale based on guild size. Is it also not just fair that bigger guilds can build bigger halls?

What I would see is making is easy to unlock a basic guild-hall that also small guilds can do. But then building things around it and on it and expanding it and so on will take a lot of work. Not so much with influence but you would need to do guild-mission-like-content or maybe other things as well to earn blue-prints or objects.

Complete all dungeons + all paths with groups that only contain members all of your guild could unlock some huge thing while completing 1 dungeon would reward something smaller and completing all paths of one dungeon would also rewards something nice.

That sort of things should also be doable for smaller guild but would obviously be easier for bigger guilds.

Maybe there is also some RNG behind it to make content better re-playable.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: MakubeC.3026

MakubeC.3026

Proposal Overview
Getting the concept of Guild Halls right.

Goal of Proposal
Few bullets on how to approach Guild Halls.

Proposal Functionality

• GH should be instanced.
  • The theme for the Instances should NOT be one singular place where every guild has a “different version of the same building”. Like a Mansion or a Cave .
  • Rather they must be a place where Guilds could logically coexist, even if they in reality don’t (A Neighborhood full of mansions, a mountain full of caves, The Mists, One Airship out of hundreds in the airport).
  • They should be customizable to some degree.
  • Must have different themes (Asuran, Human, Norn, Charr).
  • Should be tiered or at least flavored, unlocking greater locations but also leaving the option of not upgrading or changing (Tier one: Guild Cave. Tier Two: Guild Airship. Tier Three: DR Mansion). But my guild is small and pirate themed, so even when we can upgrade to a mansion, we stayed with the airship.
  • Should have a sparring area for guild members.
  • Should have a section where you can see information about guild mates (AP, Number of Characters, Hours Played, Little Summary about him he wrote).

Associated Risks
Not considering any of these could result in something. And no, this is not a threat.

(edited by MakubeC.3026)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

Proposal Overview

Goal of Proposal
Few definitive bullets on how to approach Guild Halls.

Proposal Functionality

• The theme for the Instances should NOT be one singular place where every guild has a “different version of the same building”. Like a Mansion or a Cave .
  • Rather they must be a place or Guilds could logically coexist, even if they in reality don’t (A Neighborhood full of mansions, a mountain full of caves, The Mists, One Airship out of hundreds in the airport).
  • They should be highly customizable.
  • Should be tiered, unlocking greater locations but also leaving the option of not upgrading (Tier one: Guild Cave. Tier Two: Guild Airship. Tier Three: DR Mansion). But my guild is small and pirate themed, so even when we can upgrade to a mansion, we stayed with the airship.
  • Should have a section where you can see information about guild mates (AP, Number of Characters, Hours Played, Little Summary about him he wrote).

Associated Risks
Not considering any of these could result in something. And no, this is not a threat.

Why do you think to get it right they need to be instanced. Or for that matter why do you think any of the other things you suggest need to be in to get it right?

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I agree that it should be accessible for smaller guilds. I don’t agree it should scale based on guild size. Is it also not just fair that bigger guilds can build bigger halls?

What I would see is making is easy to unlock a basic guild-hall that also small guilds can do. But then building things around it and on it and expanding it and so on will take a lot of work. Not so much with influence but you would need to do guild-mission-like-content or maybe other things as well to earn blue-prints or objects.

Complete all dungeons + all paths with groups that only contain members all of your guild could unlock some huge thing while completing 1 dungeon would reward something smaller and completing all paths of one dungeon would also rewards something nice.

That sort of things should also be doable for smaller guild but would obviously be easier for bigger guilds.

Maybe there is also some RNG behind it to make content better re-playable.

As with guild upgrades the big guilds will unlock and build their hall faster than small guilds. And that is their advantage even if costs scale to guild size.

I just want it to be realistic for a small guild (fewer than 10 people) to get a complete guild hall in a decent amount of time.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Proposal Overview
Build the Guild Hall system in three tiers: Small Guild, Large Guild, Personal Housing.

Goal of Proposal
The goal is to get the most payout from the system for ANet, while providing the most play options for players, no matter what their resources or goals.

Proposal Functionality
Small Guild: Paid for with Influence only, this is the basic range of guild halls. Small to medium in size, with limited space for trophies and bonuses purchased or earned by the guild.

Large Guild: Paid for with Influence and Guild Merits, these are the large to huge guild halls. The best of these are intended to be a long term goal for even a large guild.

Personal Housing: While giving access to the system to people without a guild or only a personal guild, it also allows players to play with the system even if they’re not the “builder” for their guild. Items in this level should be bought with gold, gems, or crafted.

Associated Risks
Making the system fit all three brackets may require the sacrificing of some details that would otherwise be possible. This is possibly an unavoidable risk, but I think that the attempt to make sure everyone can use the system is worth it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Peppit.9057

Peppit.9057

Proposal Overview
Guild Zone

Goal of Proposal

One of the main goals is to enhance guild cohesion and to provide an area of focus for guilds to work on for a long time. I also believe player housing should be inside a guild zone, providing some solo/small group content that is outside to norm.

In addition to this, guild halls would mean a return of traditional GvG to prevent GvG taking up slots in WvW.

Proposal Functionality

+Player housing.
+Competing to see who has the nicest halls/housing.
+Unlockable merchants.
+Special guild ‘events’ that double as new guild missions. For example, a guild quest then the hand-in summons a boss that requires coordination.

+Main guild hall used for PvP; able to arrange/challenge other guilds by typing in their name.
+Zone mini-dungeons and proper jumping puzzles.
- No mystic forge or banks.

How does your proposal work in regard in relation to the current design of GW2

-Works well for every skill level.
-Player guild/housing can serve as a kind of ‘sink’ for karma, fractal relics, dungeon tokens, gems etc., in order to buy items and customise their area.
-Low initial access cost, can be done at any level and continues through max level.

Associated Risks

-People may worry that cities will become deadzones.
-Initially labour intensive to develop.
-Some people may feel forced into a guild.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

Do:

- An outdoors portion
- Closed roofed areas + open roofed areas
- Verticality is optional
- Doors
- Small 1v1 quick PvP arena
- Add ability to visit guild hall from anywhere but have no merchants or BLTC employees
- However, have only the first guild stash accessible in the hall (not treasure trove or deep cave)
- Incentives to visit the hall daily or multiple times a day
- Gathering nodes, potentially with rare chance at exclusive mats
- Designate asura gate (or other) to one location in the game
- Kouris
- Use same music set as Kryta or Lion’s Arch
- Put the guild hall on some remote island in Tyria so then you don’t have to leave the map to waypoint, or make Guild Island have a waypoint
- Add holiday/living world exclusive modifications (temporary/permanent buffs/nodes or just purely visual changes)

Do not:

- add ability to gate areas to guild ranks (unless it makes the use of guild bank more creative or something)
- add ability to lock doors
- put the hall inside racial home instance
- Remove day/night system
- Disable commander tags, running, parties etc
- Have “low budget MMO”-style preset selection (as in, please don’t make customization as basic as choosing between eg Kryta/Ascalon/Shiverpeaks/Maguuma or, even worse, charging a gold fee to change)

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

CDI – Collaborative Discussion Initiative

I, too, worry about small family/friend guilds being shut out of the opportunity to obtain their own Guild Hall. We could all, no matter our size, obtain one in GW1, and over time fill it with NPCs offering all manner of upgrades. I hope to see the same in GW2. It was based on Gold in GW1, it can be based on Influence in GW2, or Gold. But not merits, I hope, because some of the small guilds just can’t raise merits.

It doesn’t matter how fast the large guilds will get their Guild Halls, then, as the whole purpose is to have the Guild Hall and its functions…at least, I would hope so. Otherwise, it will be just like the other Guild-centric content released. Only for those that are of a certain active membership size.

Thank you in advance for considering the small guilds, as well.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Proposal Overview:
Guild Zones.

Goal of Proposal:

Proposal Functionality:

Each zone will include:
——————————————-
-Zone exclusive mounts
-Hard Mode
-Zone Buffs/Debuffs
-Open World Boss
-Zone PvP Toggle On/Off

Each zone will lack:
——————————————-

Potential Risks:

Personally I would take the gold and gems out of it and maybe any currency. We would not want yet another gold grind. Think should be earned by playing the game. Doing a guild-mission could drop maybe a access pas? Or completing a hard guild-dungeon something like that. It would make more sense and be more fun wouldn’t you agree?

That’s why I had it so open to any currencies. So it wouldn’t just be a “gold” grind. I do like they way you are thinking though. Guild missions to unlock a guild hall. I would prefer it not have an RNG factor though. People get kittened if RNGesus hates them and it is unfair to those folks.

How about adding a couple different paths to obtain a guild zone? This way it gives guilds options and can account for guild size by scaling cost and difficulty.
1.) Guild Missions
2.) Guild Scavenger Hunts
3.) Guild Fund Raisers

I would think most guilds would do the path you suggested first if for nothing else to enjoy the new content and avoid the financial cost.

On a side note I would like to see a progress bar added for the unlock regardless of the path the guild chooses.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Arzo.8671

Arzo.8671

My only recommendation is make sure you implement it so that small guilds can be involved as well. Guild missions are a great example of something that small guilds can’t really do. If the guild hall requires tokens in a similar manner, small guilds are essentially shut out.

You still need to make a guild work for it just the same having a one man guild hall just because you where able to pay to make a guild and pay for the influence to “buy” a guild hall realty takes out the meaning behind having a places for your guild.

Small guilds can do guild mission just not as fast now one man guilds cant do guild mission and that a good thing.

I like to see guild halls be more on the lines of pvx where you get a very basic guild hall from some guild mission and influence but you can get different looking ones by completing events with a % of your guild in that event. For both pve events and pvp/wvw events.

Having more of a pvp guild hall where you set up events where ppl can attk your keep is a cool idea but then you run into A. do you let ppl attk other guild keeps “guild halls” when ever they want to (leading to needing ppl to be on all the time of your keep going to get grifed) B. have a system to let ppl attk you a set up pvp system (odd to let some one attk you it just do not feel like a real places if it that way well to me.)

I’m certainly not talking about one person guilds. I agree with you there. No need for a guild hall in that situation. However, small guilds can’t necessarily do guild missions. I’ve got maybe 30 players in my guild with a dozen or so active. Very rarely do I have 5 on at the same time. Guild missions are pretty much not an option for our guild.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Palador.2170

Note: Some of this will be based upon my earlier suggestion: here.

Proposal Overview
A trophy system that allows players and guilds to earn trophies to display within the Guild Hall system.

Goal of Proposal
To give a reason for players to revisit old events, and to create goals for players and guilds to work towards.

Proposal Functionality
Events (possibly including dungeons) will always drop a token for that event in the reward chest at the end of the event. By turning these in at special NPCs, guild members (and players with personal houses) can increment a meter. When the meter is full, a trophy is unlocked. If there is a higher level of the trophy (personal housing should have basic only), then the meter for it is unlocked as well.

Example: Two Shatterer tokens unlocks the small trophy for that event. Six more unlocks the medium trophy. 15 more past that unlocks the large trophy. 50 more past that unlocks an “Epic” trophy. (Epics should be very few events, and displayable in only the larger guild halls.)

Associated Risks
People will complain about being expected to repeat events to gain the tokens to unlock the trophies, especially if they’ve completed them several times before the system is put in. You will also have people selling them, even if soulbound, by joining a guild and turning them in in exchange for pay.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

whatever you do, do it with the little guilds in mind.

This can’t be stressed enough. Being a big guild with access to more resources because of size and numbers shouldn’t be a better way to acquire guild upgrades. I’d suggest a scaling upgrades system. For example, let’s say hypothetically that we will be able to add a Merchant to the guild hall. For guilds of 0-25 people this would cost 10 gold(just an example) and let’s say that two months later that guild recruits more people and now they are in the 25-100 person guild size range. In order to keep the merchant they then have to pay 20 more gold. 100-500 could cost 100g. This way it is a trivial sum for large guilds to pay to have a merchant and a trivial sum for small guilds. It’s just an example but I think something like this would work.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I’d just like to express concern that guild halls could potentially be a less than efficient use of development time. If they are implemented with limited use then they won’t be used much outside of the first week. If they have tons of functionality then the time spent on it could have been used to flesh out other areas of the game that a larger portion of the population would/could use. My last concern would be making sure that ALL guild sizes are included. I am part of a small guild and do not want to be forced to join a big guild. Guild missions was a major mess up with excluding, and still does, small guilds.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Palador.2170

Note: Some of this will be based upon my earlier suggestion: here.

Proposal Overview
Establish a set list of basic styles for use in Guild Halls, and relate them to the major cities of Tyria.

Goal of Proposal
To establish basic guidelines of style for the devs to work with, so that more existing set pieces can be used. Also, to establish a physical location for the guild hall, even though it will be instanced.

Proposal Functionality
Each of the five starting cities has a unique style to it, usable for guild halls and personal housing. A guild hall “located” in that city will have that style for the basic structure. A sixth style can be assigned for Lion’s Arch. (I would suggest “underground/cave” for LA.) Each city will contain an entrance to the guild hall area, much like the entrance to the home instance areas. By adding a (limited) price to teleport directly to a guild hall or home, it gives players a reason to visit the home city on the way to the guild hall.

Many basic items (beds, tables, desks) can also generally fall into these styles, though they should not be limited as to which style of hall they can be placed into.

Associated Risks
People will rip my fool head off for suggesting a waypoint fee to jump right to a guild hall. The devs may also kill me for suggesting that they design a huge guild hall in sylvari style.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Proposal Overview

Guild Hall of Heroes

Goal of Proposal

Guild Halls should allow guild leaders/officers to recognize the contribution of guild members. This could be done through either automatic or manually-awarded statues or portraits.

Proposal Functionality

Guild Statues would be one tier of guild hall unlocks. Statues would recognize players by creating a “statue” version of their character model in the guild hall. There would be a limited number of statues, but GH functionality would allow guild leadership to choose between a variety of automatic (most influence earned, most influence purchased, most gold donated to bank) and manual (you set toon and description manually) statues.

Guild Portraits would work the same, but instead of a 3D model of the character, you get a portrait on the wall. Portraits would likely be a lower level unlock, but more portrait spaces would be available than statues.

Think 8 portraits, 3 statues.

Associated Risks

This is a large hit in regards to development time and there’s always the concern players may “game” the automatic rewards. Also, consideration needs to be taken in regards to how players pose their statues. Statues and Portraits could also be used by guild leadership to call out members in a negative way, potentially increasing intra-guild toxicity.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I’d just like to express concern that guild halls could potentially be a less than efficient use of development time. If they are implemented with limited use then they won’t be used much outside of the first week. If they have tons of functionality then the time spent on it could have been used to flesh out other areas of the game that a larger portion of the population would/could use. My last concern would be making sure that ALL guild sizes are included. I am part of a small guild and do not want to be forced to join a big guild. Guild missions was a major mess up with excluding, and still does, small guilds.

I think I agree. I mean we all have GW1 Nostalgia with Guild halls but they served a purpose back then since they were GvG areas as well as places to hang out.

I mean, I suppose we could just do the same exact thing and introduce an Official Guild vs Guild mode along with guild halls but even then, I have to question why we would limit any kind of PvP map or mode to just guilds.

Retired Leader of TTS

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Part 1 – I will try to keep this short, but I would rather highlight my ideas than do a detailed proposal for each one at this point. Skimming the thread I see a number of people agreeing with my desired features, especially MakubeC.

Instanced – open world land grabs will not work. Just look at the flame fest going on in ArcheAge now, or refer back to DaoC and Horizons for other open-world land ripping communities apart. GW2 is a cooperative game founded on sharing resources, not fighting for them. I do like the idea of having a number of access points around the world, but suggest they not be on the other side of high level zones. New members need to get in too!

Varied instances. E.g. LotRO’s neighborhood mechanic, with themed areas and preset houses in the zone’s architectural style. When one fills up, a new one’s generated; you pick from a numbered list to choose which to enter (maybe here it would be an alphabetized list of guilds). I’d suggest that for guild hall purposes that only guild members (and permitted guests) can enter and inhabit that instance, though of course a guild could set the permission to “all.” Assuming that there are granular permissions inside, that is, so “all” can look but not touch. We have 5 races and a number of sub-races, let a guild choose an overall theme. (And if it’s an airship, as my guild surely will pick, let it take on the guild colors!) I don’t suggest doing it exactly like LotRO, just use the endless-instances method.

Not filled with utilities. Perhaps a guild bank, but all personally used stations should remain in the open, to promote the populated feel. There are plenty such stations around the world already, putting them in guild instances serves no real purpose to my mind.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Part 2
Customizable – Let the guild choose the theme and décor. More, let guild members with the right permissions make alterations or at least be able to view the options. It has frustrated me no end that the only way I could ever see guild banner design was to be the leader, so it took a couple of years for me to make a personal guild for some storage and to finally see that part of the game. LotRO allows anyone with permissions to add and rearrange furniture, paneling, floor tiles, etc. Let the GM choose who to trust with that power.

That means lots of attachment points, or even free placement of objects. Lots of objects to choose from, colors to select, the works. In CoH I played with friends for a tiny amount of time and was blown away by the Secret Headquarters where they’d put in a conversational couch area that blended beautifully with the room. Let us have a salon, or a tree pod, or a busy asuran lab. A stately mansion, a rough tavern. A steading or a great hall. Even a Kodan ice building. Give us all the furnishings that would suit each theme, but don’t prevent us mix and matching what goes in there. Let there be trophies, banners, proof of what the guild’s done. Maybe let each guildie have their own sub-area to customize, an instance inside an instance?

Permanence – No taxes, no rents, no mortgages. This is instanced, remember? So long as the guild exists, no matter how inactive, a member should be able to log into game and “go home.” Decoration and buildings should only vanish when the guild elects to get rid of them, when making room for new things or when remodeling. Again, that’s part of this game’s base design and philosophy. You don’t lose progress or fall behind if life takes you away for a time.

Accessible — Sure, more resources poured in can make for grander halls. But keep the threshold very low. Someone suggested a three person guild should be able to get a guild hall. Yes! It might just be something like The Dead End or a smallish sylvari pod, or even just an apartment (lookit all those buildings climbing the sides of DR), but let any guild have a home for a fairly basic investment.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Palador.2170

Minor but important additional suggestion!

Make it possible for players to control the level and color of the lighting within halls. While I know we’ll get nothing like the CoH bases, playing with them showed me how just adjusting the light in a room could really change the feel of it.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Proposal Overview:
Comprehensive Guild Housing System

Goal of Proposal:
Create a focal point for a guild, provide valuable guild services, and encourage friendly competition between guilds. This includes elaborate crafting services, individual housing, a Hall of Honor, and of course GvG (which I will outline below and we can go over it in greater detail in the above mentioned designated GvG thread when made available.

Proposal Functionality:
Guilds should be able to buy a generic hall/structure with very limited design elements based on the major races in GW2 at the start. These guild halls should have both a public and private area to explore. The private areas should include instanced housing so individual guild members had their own room to decorate. Friends could be invited in, but otherwise would be limited to the individual only. If a member joins another guild or quits the guild, this room is simply moved to the new guild or an Inn’s room in the player’s home instance. The private area should also include a hall of honor for guild members to visit to see proof of their guild’s accomplishments (Tequatl’s head, wurms tooth, shatterer crystals, opposing guild banners, etc). Lastly a services section where the guild has access to crafting services etc. This is all private to the individual guild/player.

For crafting in particular, another game I played removed the crafting system entirely in favor of guilds being able to purchase vendors that they could upgrade which would create 1 item an hour. These items would go in a list and the guild could choose to purchase these items at a price far reduced from ‘retail’ price. A similar idea could work here where a guild could ‘hire’ crafters that make items and the guild could choose to reroll the selection so the crafter would make something else or purchase what he made. These items would then go in the guild bank and be given to members or sold etc. If you would like more information on this let me know.

The public area is what others see of the guild. The external structure that can be decorated and expanded on visually based off various ingame rewards or gem shop purchases. Internally the guild hall/structure will resemble a very basic layout (think the 2 Forts map in Team Fortress) that allows for each class to have a role to fill while defending and attacking the fortress. Others will not be able to reach the private areas of the guild unless they become members.

GvG… this is the most important thing. GvGs should be made available using the guild hall/structures. Up to 2 guilds (this is only to better explain the example. I would hope the system would allow several guilds to attack at once. Perhaps up to 6 or can go to war and the guilds can schedule an event where a private instance is created with their guild hall/structure on opposing ends of each map. The game is designed for CTF just like Team Fortress on the 2 forts map. Ransack the opposing guild’s armory and steal their siege blueprints. If guilds choose to follow this game mode, or simply have a FFA or generic GvG is up to them.

Rewards would be available. At a base level, we will just give each player several guild commendations and karma. The guild will receive some pre-determined amount of unique currency reserved for purchasing guild hall upgrades like furniture and such. In addition to this, the guild will win the a copy of the opposing guild’s banner which they can fly in their own guild’s hall of honor until they agree to a rematch and risk losing it. In addition to this, individual guilds can gamble on the outcome of the GvGs and all money will be deposited in the winning guild’s bank.

Associated Risks:
The only concern is from the GvG side of things where guilds will intentionally lose to gain easy currency. But this idea can be fleshed out further in the GvG thread should enough people show interest in the idea overall here.

I’m also concerned the crafters guilds could hire could collapse the economy. Perhaps if the items that were made were specifically designed to not be salvageable and would be ‘guild bound’ until equipped? Would give ANet a way to reintroduce the harder to receive items like Generosity, Celestial, etc without impacting supply (demand would obviously go down).

Additional Comments
This system could easily be used to make WvW feel more immersive. If the individual guild halls/structures shared a common design element at their core and most of the external ‘upgrades’ were purely cosmetic, individual towers on the WvW maps could be replaced by guild halls/structures. Once a guild claims a tower, the tower converts over to match their guild’s hall surrounded by the current walls/gates which can be upgraded as normal.

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Proposal Overview
Guild Land with member housing and activities

Goal of Proposal
Offer a new Guild Upgrade to unlock Guild Land.
Once unlock

• Offer different Size of lands you can research (for different guild size/budget)
  • Offer Different Type of lands, so we get the feeling we have our own.

Proposal Functionality
Create a new Category for Guild Land upgrades
Using Guild Merits and Influence, the guild unlocks Guild Land (Level I).
Once unlocked, you can research one of three size of land (You can upgrade to the bigger map by paying cost-smaller map cost)

• Big – Size of a full map
  • Normal – Half the Size
  • Small – Quarter of the Size

Once the new map becomes active, the guild leader has the option to select a “theme” out of a few, once he does, the map is generated.

A new map grants the guild a map instance with their own Castle/Manor/Estate. A new button is available from the guild menu to teleport to this map.

• Should be customizable with stuff you were able to achieve as a guild (new type of achievements)
  • Able to research commodities like crafting, guild bank, vendors, etc.
  • Security on a granualar level
  • Allied guilds can be invited to the map

Guild Land (Level 2)

• Unlock Land Lot 1-25 (small)
  • Unlock Land Lot 26-50(small)
  • Unlock Land Lot 51-150(Medium)
  • Unlock Land Lot 151-250 (Large)

These land lots would be use by guild members to build pre-determined house from a list. These houses would be paid/built using guild commendation. Why? Well it shows they’ve been active with the guild, doing missions and such for a while. These houses would also have a monthly rent, something cheap, like 1g per month. That 1g would go towards the guild treasury, and it’s also a nice system to see if players become inactive. If you haven’t paid after a second month, the house is vacated/destroyed. Items are sent via mail in a bag to the old owner of the house, and someone else can take that plot of land.

• Should be customizable, able to show titles in form of trophies or objects inside your house.
  • Using a mix of guild commendation and Laurels, you should be able to unlock your own Waypoint(added to the hero panel), Personal Bank, and show the crafting tables of your active profession.
  • You should be able to set permission on who can enter your house and also different options for more granular security.

Guild Land (Level 3)

• Unlock Guild Keg Brawl
  • Unlock Guild Sanctum Sprint
  • Unlock Guild Southsun Survival
  • Unlock Guild Crab Toss

Right now activities can’t be played as a group, but what if Guilds could start them. Not only start them, but if you research them, they’d be available in your map instance, for all(guild members) to see?
Imagine having keg brawl tournaments, with those not playing, watching the game from the side.

• Create team before starting the activities
  • Only start when everyone is ready
  • Schedule activities/tournaments on the new guild Calendar

We could even push this further, instead of having to use guild Commendation and other currency to build houses. What if there was a forest, a mine, some farms, and you’d need to gather stuff, bring them back to the castle to be processed, and then it could be use to build houses and such? Make the guild work for their stuff, as a team.

What if we have an (infinite) dungeon inside this instance, so the guild can go deeper and deeper as a team and gather rare minerals for more stuff within their guild instance.

Associated Risks
Number one risk for Guild Halls and all of the above, is that it will move a big portion of the population to these instances.

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Proposal Overview

Guild Neighbourhoods

Goal of Proposal

Offer a place for Guild(s) to meet-up and do activities together

LOTRO does something similar with Instanced neighbourhoods
http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Bree-land_Homesteads

Proposal Functionality

Create Neighbourhoods near each of the starting cities, maybe a portal from each city to enter it.

Guilds would choose which Neighbourhood they’d want to join. Each Neighbourhoods would have 1 to N instances, that would be created as they filled up.

What is a Neighbourhood?

• An Instance zone with different type of buildings available to buy with an added monthly rent cost (to expel inactive players)
  • Each Instance would have 2-4 Guild Castle (for guilds)
  • Each Instance would have 3-6 Big Houses (for groups of friends wanting to share a house)
  • Each Instance would have 5-10 Regular sized houses (for single player)
  • Each Instance has an area with different commodities, and also a Neighbourhood billboard, to schedule events with your own neighbourhood.
  • Each Instance has a place to view/play/start the different activities (Keg Brawl, Sprint, Survival) with other players of the neighbourhood.

What’s the benefit of having Neighbourhoods instead of an instanced guild hall for every guild? The Neighbourhoods will create small communities of players.

Associated Risks
Trying to get everyone in the same Neighbourhood, be it guild members, or allied guilds.

I was going to put less players in regular cities, but you’d have these smaller communities that would spawn out of this.

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Proposal Overview
How you get to your Guild Hall. (In case it’s a instanced map)

Goal of Proposal
Finding a reasonable way to get to your Guild Hall with services without making the main cities and Royal Terrace Pass/Captain’s Airship Pass useless/obsolete.

Proposal Functionality
One thing that people already discussed was whether there should be services (like a bank, trade post, merchant, repairs etc.) or not and a button in the guild UI that teleports you to your Guild Hall.
Some said that nobody would use the cities anymore and the Royal Terrace Pass/Captain’s Airship Pass would be just bad since you can simply teleport to your Guild Hall from anyway for free.
I was thinking, what if there is a portal in Lions Arch or in every main city that leads you to your Guild Hall for free and using the guild UI costs some silver (Maybe 5-10 silver).
Taking the free route will take more time making the other options faster and taking the pay route will cost a bit more making the other options cheaper.
Going to your Guild Hall should be about meeting your guild not making your life easier in the main point anyway.

Associated Risks
Some might dislike the cost to teleport. (Maybe add the possiblity to lower the cost by upgrading it in the guild?)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

From the last CDI

PROPOSAL OVERVIEW

Guild halls? no. Guild Airships!!!!!!

GOAL OF PROPOSAL

To give the idea of guild halls more functionality than just a meeting place

PROPOSAL FUNCTIONALITY

GvG airship battles with characters jumping accross to each other, Pirates of the carribean style, siege cannons blasting, mid flight battles through clouds, the epicness we all hoped for when we first saw airships in the trailer.

Upgrade and kit your Guild airship out with siege, repair crews, medical crews, pilots and the like to ready yourselves to set sail!

Take your guild on an airship journy through the mists to discover new undiscovered lands and dungeons! Explore the mysteries and dangers within as a guild group! Beware enemy guilds also discovering these pockets of reality!

Possibilities for expansion are pretty awesome.

ASSOCIATED RISKS

I might explode.

attachment: airships setting off to explore the mists (elite dungeons) in new guild missions

Attachments:

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Sawnic.6795

Sawnic.6795

I was thinking content developer interview.

Whatever guild I’m repping today [tag]
Borlis Pass’ official male cheerleader
Commander by title: Sawnec the Mesmer

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

timmyf.1490

I was thinking content developer interview.

It’s actually Collaborative Development Initiative.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Overview:
A means of having guild halls that don’t infringe on the limited space of a map.

Proposal:
With thousands of guilds in the game and likely hundreds capable of creating guild halls it creates a large problem for where to place them. Instead of having guild halls spread over the maps, place them in the air. Make them guild airships or a floating guild hall.

Functionality:
From the ground, if you look up you’d just see a scattering of airships occasionally similar to what you see around Orr. The airships would have a randomized route over several maps so they aren’t just sitting there. From the air it would look like any other airship that you get on through the PS/LS except I would place their altitude much higher for a much more panoramic view of Tyria. The sky would effectively work like a separate map just for the airships.

Risks:
…any? It solves the land usage issue. If the view from the ground is just a representation of airships in the air and not an actual count then it wouldn’t clutter the sky.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Proposal Overview

Goal of Proposal
Few definitive bullets on how to approach Guild Halls.

Proposal Functionality

• Rather they must be a place or Guilds could logically coexist, even if they in reality don’t (A Neighborhood full of mansions, a mountain full of caves, The Mists, One Airship out of hundreds in the airport).
  • They should be highly customizable.
  • Should be tiered, unlocking greater locations but also leaving the option of not upgrading (Tier one: Guild Cave. Tier Two: Guild Airship. Tier Three: DR Mansion). But my guild is small and pirate themed, so even when we can upgrade to a mansion, we stayed with the airship.

Associated Risks

I’m quoting this because it aligns almost perfectly with my views and I’ll probably refer to it frequently in future.

I’m very concerned about feature creep in these guild halls. The idea of making your own city where every player in the guild has their own house sounds nice but if it’s going to take ANet the rest of their lives to finish it I’m going to say no. Efficient and useful for the majority of players is what I consider important.

Full services and a rallying point for embarking on PvE missions are a must. The actual size of the thing could be an airship – it only needs to be bigger for large guilds or if it’s a venue for GvGs.

Player housing:
I would prefer player home instances to be used as a personal space. I get that it would be convenient for guildies to visit, but we’ve already got home instances that need a little more ANet-love. Perhaps if you could access other guildies’ home instances via the guild hall?

Customisation: Yes to minor aesthetic changes. Reservations to building your own hall – if ArenaNet can find a way for players to do this without causing game-breaking errors then OK.

Guild hall ‘real estate’: emphatic no. I sympathise with the concept behind it but I guarantee it’s going to lead to a lot of complaints and feuding due to finite space.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

Overview:
Templated Appearances for guild halls.

Goal:
Having a guild hall is fine but eventually you need to distinguish yours from everyone elses. After all, the whole end game for GW2 is about appearances.

Functionality:
To start with have templates for guild halls. When one is built you choose themed template. For example, racial templates: a large tree similar to the pale tree or Yggdrasil from Hyperion, a glowing cube, a castle, a mountain fortress, an iron barracks. Other templates could revolve around themes like Halloween, Wintersday, Dragon’s Bash, etc.

Later “skin” recipes can be created/bought that would allow the guild hall to change appearance in part or in whole.

Risks:
Insane prices for the recipes.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Sol.8341

Sol.8341

Proposal Overview

Phase 1 : Instanced Guild Halls that is a physical representation of its members’ interests / achievements and a showcase to the general public.

Phase 2 : Ability to load Guild Hall Structure against another Guild’s for capture the flag map GvG for exclusive structure upgrade rewards.

Phase 3 : Release of a worldbuilder client with tools to customise Guild Hall Structure. Think Lego Sandbox.

Goal of Proposal

The existing towns and cities serve as meeting points, afking with legendaries and utility for players but there is no sense of ownership or ability to change/modify them. Guild Halls allows players to express their style of play and show to others their achievements as a guild. It will also bind and keep players together in a guild to maintain the structure.

Example A : A guild that specialises in socializing and helping new players will choose a guild structure concept that is open and inviting with gardens / lawns / water features to make a pleasant place to hang out and chat. They may have training dummies to teach players how to do combos or a hologram boss generator that spawns a dungeon boss (no loot) to teach their members tactics. They may hold speedclear contests on hologram bosses or other player RP events.

Example B : A guild that specialises in WvW / PvP / GvG will choose a guild structure that is imposing, defensive and add upgrades like oil, cannons, arrow carts for use to square off against other guilds’ structures in a capture the flag game.

Example C : A guild that specialises in achievements will choose a guild structure and upgrades that maximizes their trophy space and " in your face " flaunting of their uberness.

Example D : A guild that specialises in acquired tastes will choose a guild structure that confuses visitors where the entrances are, unexpected falls, mazes and dungeons with potential to RP like Moon Guard (WoW)

Proposal Functionality

Guild Halls are to be instanced and available with Research Architecture Level 7. They are meant for a group of players (10-20 and above) and not single player housing. They will experience weekly decay to encourage members to invest time and resources and work together to maintain the structure. Weekly maintainance will cost guild merits and member’s laurels . It is important that players focus their time on one Guild Hall rather than spread out to the maximum 5 guilds. Players are free to rep whichever of the 5 guilds (current max limit) they want to for earning influence but they must commit to one guild for the Guild Hall. Cosmetic / Functional upgrades to a guild halls can come from a variety of sources like gold (gems) , guild achievements, rare drops from guild started Teq/Karka Queen and GvG (phase 2).

Access to Guild Halls will be in 2 ways.
Each player will have an unique Guild Teleporter Stone that summouns an NPC wizard . Talking to the NPC will bring up option to zone into that Guild Hall. The cities will also get an NPC wizard that allows players to search for guild names or abbreviations and zone into selected Guild Halls as visitors.

Phase 2: I have always found it strange that there is no guild wars activity in Guild Wars 2. Allow guilds to set up capture the flag maps that loads in their Guild Halls at opposing ends of a GvG map. Damages to each Guild Halls will require Badges of Honor / PvP currency to repair or they (cannons, oil, traps etc) will not function in the next matchup.

Phase 3: Worldbuilder client will truly allow players to use their creativity to design unique Guild Halls within the confines of their Guild Hall instances. GvG oriented players will find strategic value in designing their layout to suit their fighting style.

Associated Risks

Guild Halls instances must have a restricted list function to prevent trouble makers / gold spammers from zoning in. This can take the form of a filter that restricts chars < a certain level / members of certain opposing guilds / private guild members only / open to all.

Customised Guild Halls maybe data storage hoggers so by making sure that Guild Halls remain exclusive to 10-20 players guilds onwards and having weekly decay will put a limit to wasted abandoned guild halls. By having different layouts and specialization, Guild Halls can be an unique destination for players to visit. It is certain that there will be websites that come up with reviews of extremely well done Guild Halls with great communities and advertise them. This may become a problem with too many people queuing to get into their Guild Hall.

References

Ultima Online ( Monthly subscription 20 year old game with customised housing )
Clash of Clans ( GvG base design )
Minecraft ( Microsoft paid 2.5 billion for this lego sandbox game )

(edited by Sol.8341)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Ben K.6238

And for my contribution, short(ish) and sweet.

Proposal
WvW guild castles that contribute to the score.

Description
Inspired by forts in Aion, these castles would become vulnerable at a set time every day at different times for about an hour. There would be 6 (or larger multiple of 3) different maps, each adding to the controlling server’s score. Each would have its own player cap during the battle, varying between 10 and 50 to target different guild preferences.

Functionality
All castles are unclaimed at WvW reset. Guilds/alliances may challenge for the right to contest them; the successful guilds are given priority in the queue.
How to decide which challenger is chosen I am not sure. This must be resolved in a satisfactory way for it to work.
Each third of the castles gives priority to a different pair of servers, hence why there must be a multiple of 3; generally guilds do not prefer 3-way GvGs.
The battles are scheduled for different times throughout the day to cater to players in different time zones.
Smaller battles (10-15) are to the death. Larger battles (30-50) provide guild lords, and the largest allow limited siege weapons.
The winning alliance captures the castle, granting their server a point bonus for every opposing player who contested it.
While a guild/alliance owns the castle, it becomes functional as a WvW-based guild hall.

Advantages
Provides meaningful, defendable guild ownership of WvW assets.
Allows GvG-focussed guilds to contribute to their server/alliance, and makes them a source of pride for that server.
Provides additional, long-awaited variety in WvW combat.

Challenges and risks
Griefing/poor allocation: a guild could be awarded a battle only to throw the match, or the battle could be awarded to a less-competent guild in favour of one more likely to win.
The community may be able to police this through a voting or similar system.

Too few/many maps: Some battle types may not be available to certain guilds; e.g. the 50-player map may not be scheduled for an appropriate time for a SEA-based guild, or it might give priority to the other two servers. Providing more maps would alleviate this problem, but risk unchallenged or forfeit castles in lower tiers.
The number of maps could be assigned based on population, or a map could be opened whenever two guilds agree to contest it. The alliance system proposed in the WvW forums may also alleviate the problem.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

timmyf.1490

Please do not force members to spend personal laurels or commendations on guild halls, hall upkeep, or hall features. Guild Halls should be unlocked and kept up using shared guild currencies: influence and merits.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Proposal Overview
Guild Hall – Non-instanced

Goal of Proposal
Give guilds a place they can own and customize, both for meetings / events, and to “make their mark in the world”, GvG / sieging application as well.

Proposal Functionality
1. One or more huge islands added to the map (or the Mists). It would have several versions of the map, similar to housing in LOTRO. You go there and default to your own version, but can visit others as well. Once on the map, you have a number of defined locations to choose from. Except instead of pre-made buildings, I’d rather it be just a plot of land zoned for building. Large, med, small plots, cost relative to size. There could be a blueprint/supply mechanic similar to WvW. Except instead of just making weapons, you build walls, bridges, towers, all sorts of things. Rather than a generic template like GW1, guilds can literally take that land and make it their own, able to do far more than merely adding a few NPCs. It should be something guilds can show off to the rest of the community. Anyone passing by should be able to see who owns this land and what they have done with it. It would also be nice to be able to build guild naval / airships that would dock at the Hall and actually be usable.

3. It must be maintained with Influence that everybody contributes to already. If a guild goes inactive and stops keeping up with it, they lose ownership and it’s once again available for anyone active enough to afford it.

4. This would also be a great opportunity to introduce a form of guild-based player housing. Have it be something of a “kingdom”, that is populated by player homes. Houses would use the same blueprint/supply mechanic and be build on a sub-plot within the larger guild plot. Small guild plots would have x-number of housing plots. Large ones would have y-number. First come first serve, or maybe assigned by leadership. Having a home tied to your guildhall wouldd give more reason for it to actually matter if you’re in a guild, and it would give more personal investment / attachment in the game. More reason to stay active. Losing your Hall would also mean losing your own home if you had one. It’s a vested interest, both in the game and in repping your guild.

5. Likewise, what can be made can be destroyed. There could be PVE events where your land is under massive siege. If your kingdom falls, then just like lack of upkeep, ..you lose the land. Then your or another guild can do an event to retake it, pay for it, and rebuild. NOTE: there should be a guild-wide alert if your land is under attack. Other guilds / players in the area can of course lend aid like any event.

7. GvG. This is where the semi-instancing and ships come into play. The instancing would allow you to be matched up with other guilds from other instances. Anyone not occupying the same physical space as you basically. When the match starts, you don’t know who or where they are, or how they built their hall. But you have even teams and let the chips fall where they may! And yes, if you have a ship built you may use it to sail around, or fly over, the enemy castle or have ship battles. This sounds like a crazy amount of fun and more variable, dynamic, and personally meaningful than WvW. Alliance Battles could make things even more interesting.

Associated Risks
1. Not being entirely instanced, it could be an issue for big guilds to have massive meetings, as with any map. Though I think with Megaserver improvements, that might be less of an issue.

2. Also, being of limited availability, there will always be some guilds who can’t get a Hall, or have to wait until something becomes available. I’m sure first Anet would need to compile a list of how many guilds there are over x-size (let’s say 10-20 members minimum) and plan availability accordingly so most could get something.

3. This would require the creation of several different new zones that each have a number of large / med / small plots scattered about. Probably should have some events, jump puzzles, etc on these maps too. This would all be a lot of work, but it would be much more worthwhile than so much else that time has been spent on so far.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

(edited by Kartel.2561)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

The idea of airships instead of guild halls is actually quite interesting.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Ben K.6238

Seriously, I’d love to meet/co-ordinate with guildies in a cozy airship. It wouldn’t be ideal for everyone but should at least be an option.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Sciros Darkblade.4028

Sciros Darkblade.4028

I miss being able to AFK all day long, particularly in a guild hall. That, in my opinion, should be something that’s possible to do in GW2’s guild halls as well.

Obviously don’t make them instanced the way the “home instance” is.

Make them awesome looking just like in GW1 :-)

Do not, do NOT, absolutely DO NOT make them locked by like 200000000 guild merits and Architecture Tier 84. Guild Halls should not be locked away for the smaller guilds.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

The idea of airships instead of guild halls is actually quite interesting.

I’ve previously envisioned Guild Air/Naval ships of tremendous scale (like Breachmaker size or bigger), to serve as a Guild Hall. Players could have personal cabins aboard to serve as a form of housing. The ship should, of course, be mobile ..even if it’s just some instanced ocean or sky where you couldn’t actually get close to existing land. You should at least be able to see it from afar, and travel the world and see all the sights. And yes, of course instanced GvG ship battles.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

Yeah, that sounds awesome, at the same time they could add the image of airships in the sky on major cities.

Imagine guild missions like the fight against zhaitan (but this time, it could be like killing a Jhen Moran on Monster Hunter Tri, where you lose the mission if your ship takes too much damage, you man the cannons, and ballistas, and a huge spike that tackles the monster)

I imagine this to be similar to the guild challenge where you defend a hill with cannons and such, but this time against a boss similar to the Maw mechanically…

One can dream.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Most of my ideas have already been covered by others here, but just to reiterate what I’d like to see most:

1. Guild Halls should be a “Home away from LA”. It should offer all the amenities that LA offers (e.g. crafting, banking, trading, guild banks), purchased by a combination of Merits, crafting materials and gold. For example, a Guild Hall might start out as a near-empty plot of land in the Mists. To get trading NPCs in, you first need to build a Trading Post, which requires a number of different types of wood planks and metal ingots, after which you hire one (or more) NPCs to stand in it with with Merits and gold.

It allows players to contribute to their guild and see visible, tangible benefits grow and develop as a result of their work.

2. Guild Halls should be aesthetically diverse. Some ideas might be racial (an Asuran guild hall, a Human guild hall, a Kodan guild hall etc.), or landscape-based. I’m OK with only having a few options initially available and then more options being released down the line, as long as all purchased upgrades transfer from one guild hall to the newer one. Guild halls could serve as hubs for gathering, parties and roleplays if there is enough variety among them.

3. Guild Halls might also give permanent benefits to guild members. For example, building a Shrine to Bear in a Norn guild hall could grant a permanent +5% Vitality boost to all guild members representing that guild (only applicable in PvE, of course).

4. Guild Halls might also have small amounts of nodes available for harvesting. We could even tie this in to the Living Story, resulting in a guild hall that reflects the Living World as time goes on. For example, if the Tower of Nightmares content is brought back for LS1, we might be able to obtain a Toxic Seedling as loot from the final battle with the Toxic Hybrid. This can then be taken to the Guild Hall and planted (with some more construction), resulting in a permanent Toxic Seedling node that guildies can visit and harvest from every day. (Drops 1 Toxic Spore, with a rare chance for 10.)

5. Guild Halls should open the potential for GvG down the line, of course, but we’ll leave that for a future CDI.