CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I don’t remember saying locked. I said how would you change some of the current functionality to be more integrated with guild halls? I don’t think functionality has to go away to do this and I’d like to see what value you all might envision a guild hall could bring to things like Guild Missions, the current Guild upgrade system, etc.

Jon

Let’s go all the way.

Your guild instance map is seperated into four sections: Politics, economics, art of war and architecture. As you upgrade these things through the I-VI lines, the sections will get grander; for example, if you have level 0 politics, you have no building on that section, if you have level 1, you have a basic lodge, all the way up to a palace at level 6.

The other smaller upgrades have smaller effects on the plot. For example, if you build a guild workshop, you have an actual workshop on your architecture plot. If you have Outsource Asuran Contracting, an Asura hangs out in your Politics building and you can talk to him. If those upgrades are actually doing something then they’re doing something in the guild hall; for example if you’re building something at the workshop, the machinery is running and you have a few NPCs running about working, if you have the Asuran Contractor working, he’s fiddling about on one of those computer things they have. Every upgrade should have something along these lines actually happening in the guild hall to correlate with it.

Also a few upgrades could have added functionality, or new upgrades that come out of them. For example, you can upgrade your Guild Workshop to have crafting tables.

That’s a pretty cool idea, accept the different sized buildings thing as you get higher in tier.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Gwenryth.9450

Gwenryth.9450

I’d like to see any costs for Guild Hall related things scaled by members. It’s the only possibility to keep it fair to all guild sizes.
This should have happened also to guild upgrades since the beginning…

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Chun.1970

Chun.1970

Proposed Overview
Portal area, like the one in Fractal of the Mist

Goal of Proposal
Make it easier to gather all guild members to a location, e.g. Sparkfly Fen for Teq and Bloodtide Coast for Wurm

Proposal Functionality
The guild leader or officers can select a location, Sparkfly Fen for Teq, Bloodtide Coast for Wurm, and then all members who wish to participate can step on the Portal area and select ready. The guild leader or officer will select when to jump (which will port every member who selected ready to a new shard of the map).

Associated Risks
The only risks I can think of is that during Boss events, the strain of creating multiple new shards of locations might be an issue and troll guilds creating random shards for fun. But I think adding a 30min cooldown, minimum participating member number (20?) required to jump, a cost to initially build the Portal area and ‘maybe’ a cost to use the Portal area (1g per use or something) can help against this.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: SlateSloan.3654

SlateSloan.3654

Proposal Overview
Possibility to fully personalize and decorate

Goal of Proposal
Give Players a wide variety to design, decorate and personalize a guild hall in realation to one’s guild mentality and the way a guild would seperate itself from othters. (No Guild Hall looks like one other)

Give Arenanet new possibility of item market
Give Arenanet new possibility of ingame content creation to let player play for

Proposal Functionality
The current design of GW2 would need some changes regarding of how players handle items in the world as well as can use items for different purposes.

In GW1 it was possible for instance to drop items on the floor to show them to others or to let them be picked up by others.
In GW2 its not possible to lay any items in world like e.g. a book on a table.
It would be neccesary to alter this. Every Item ingame would need to have a 3d model so the item would be recogniseable when put on the ground, on a furniture, on the wall etc. It would be necessary as well to change the current system so players can again lay items anywhere.

This woud allow players to have full control of which items are inside a guild hall, where they are positioned, e.g. a guardian guild could collect greatswords and hang them all on the wall etc. Fans of Books and shelfs could collect ingame books and build a library with them.

This could lead us to the possibility of new ingame achievements for guilds, etc. (not to determain yet cause different topic)

Associated Risks
- Players could argue because someone else picks up a items from the ground. (This was in GW1 the case but who gives control of an item out of hands is self resposible for that and players often tell tat they are bored anyway)
This “risk” could lead us to a new possibility of ingame content like “lootable pvp” areas where rare ores , wood, etc can be farmed but its dangerous to go there. Not to determain here cause different topic)

Server Load / Peformance – to be estimated by it department. (There could always be an Item Limit for certain areas to lay in the open world or Building)

- Guild lose control of who belongs what – self responsibility of one guild to catalogue who donated what item or who chipped in gold to buy it and these and those

- Guilds could be robbed by intruders who join a guild to rob items. The Guild System needs an option so a guild leader can assign rights regarding which member can alter the position of one item inside the hall, who can pick an drop what etc.

- Someone leaving a guild could not get his items back and be robed by the guild. – Self responsibility to decide what to put nto the guild hall and in what guild.

All in all – the risk of being robbed could also be lowered by a system that players get a function like a button ingame to summon all their soulbound or account bound items back into their inventory. so guilds could agree of only dropping bound items into the hall. if they drop unsignatured items then rule of self responsibility takes places.

let me entertain you

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Radical Antics.2740

Radical Antics.2740

We all know that there is alot of “bank guilds” out there and the possibility of each of these constructing even a basic guild hall could create some issues for the servers to host them all. To combat this i propose that to begin construction of a guild hall there must be at least 5 ACTIVE players within the guild, ie having logged on several times within the last few weeks or so.

Ok, I’ll start this by saying that I have a “bank guild” and I want a guild hall for it, so any attempts to prevent me from getting one will not be appreciated. That said, I don’t think this method would work. I also belong to a regular guild, I’m not super active in it, but there are some good people there. If it was a requirement to have five people in my guild “regularly” for several weeks, I could likely convince at least five of the members to join rep my guild for at least an hour a day or so for a few weeks, and then I’d get my hall and they’d be able to leave. I’d just need to make sure to lock down back access beforehand (a circumstance that I imagine would lead to a lot of bank fraud ANet would have to deal with as they might not be so careful).

Now, they could prevent this by making it so that you’d need to keep at least five or more active players even after the hall is created, or the hall would lock out or something, but I imagine this could get in the way of legitimate guild use for the more casual small guilds.

I agree, having these restrictions in place would likely turn a bunch of people off. I think an initial capital investment would be sufficient. They could probably take some metrics on how wealthy most of the small guilds are and base an up front cost on that.

Absolutely. I’ll agree with the agreement. My guild is me who plays every day, my mate who plays 3-4 times a week, another who plays for a short while every few weeks (and absolutely loves the game), and a fourth who reps for us for about half an hour every six months. We aren’t unhappy with his arrangement and I’d really dislike being blocked from having a guild hall because of our set up.

my point was from a purely hardware based point of view. i don’t know what method anet uses for instances but i imagine that it has limitations. now think about if every player who wanted one got themselves a personal guild hall and my idea of having parts of the building different was also implemented. there would probably be issues with the hardware not being able to cope. that being said i am not opposed to the idea of people having personal guild halls i just think that it would have technical issues if thousands of instances were being maintained

also the numbers were an estimate/idea.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

What current aspects of guilds would you change to integrate them more with guild halls? If you would change something, how would you change it to work more with a physical Guild Hall?

Jon

• 1.) I would change the costs of upgrades. I think it should scale based on the size of the guild. A problem I can see here would be inactive players or players who don’t have too much time during a week to play GW2, so these guys shouldn’t hurt their own guild. What if the costs of upgrades scale on the average number of players online each week (at least 60min a week).

example: 5-man guild.
Max (20min this week)
Jon (300min this week)
Peter (50min this week)
Dave (450min this week)
Matt (350min this week)
—> this guild will scale to 3 active players a week. They will have to pay 300 resscources for upgrade A. A guild which scales to 50 “active” players a week will have to pay 50×100 ressources for the same upgrade.

Alternative suggestion
80% of the guild’s members will have to donate on a specific upgrade to start this upgrade. The amount would be a certain percentage of the full-costs (which scales on the number of players in the guild).

This way small guilds (3-5man guilds) have a fair chance to get to the bigger upgrades with the same amount of work for each member involved.

• 2.) A bigger variety of guild missions which include a lot of guild missions that are perfect for small party sizes and even solo players (1-5 players). Some people might want to level their own guild without any other players / just their best friends involved, but there is little to do for these guys.

Why not make a 1-player version of the guild bounty where you have to find 1 boss in the world (with much more time available) and can realistically kill the boss on your own?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

We all know that there is alot of “bank guilds” out there and the possibility of each of these constructing even a basic guild hall could create some issues for the servers to host them all. To combat this i propose that to begin construction of a guild hall there must be at least 5 ACTIVE players within the guild, ie having logged on several times within the last few weeks or so.

Ok, I’ll start this by saying that I have a “bank guild” and I want a guild hall for it, so any attempts to prevent me from getting one will not be appreciated. That said, I don’t think this method would work. I also belong to a regular guild, I’m not super active in it, but there are some good people there. If it was a requirement to have five people in my guild “regularly” for several weeks, I could likely convince at least five of the members to join rep my guild for at least an hour a day or so for a few weeks, and then I’d get my hall and they’d be able to leave. I’d just need to make sure to lock down back access beforehand (a circumstance that I imagine would lead to a lot of bank fraud ANet would have to deal with as they might not be so careful).

Now, they could prevent this by making it so that you’d need to keep at least five or more active players even after the hall is created, or the hall would lock out or something, but I imagine this could get in the way of legitimate guild use for the more casual small guilds.

I agree, having these restrictions in place would likely turn a bunch of people off. I think an initial capital investment would be sufficient. They could probably take some metrics on how wealthy most of the small guilds are and base an up front cost on that.

Absolutely. I’ll agree with the agreement. My guild is me who plays every day, my mate who plays 3-4 times a week, another who plays for a short while every few weeks (and absolutely loves the game), and a fourth who reps for us for about half an hour every six months. We aren’t unhappy with his arrangement and I’d really dislike being blocked from having a guild hall because of our set up.

my point was from a purely hardware based point of view. i don’t know what method anet uses for instances but i imagine that it has limitations. now think about if every player who wanted one got themselves a personal guild hall and my idea of having parts of the building different was also implemented. there would probably be issues with the hardware not being able to cope. that being said i am not opposed to the idea of people having personal guild halls i just think that it would have technical issues if thousands of instances were being maintained

also the numbers were an estimate/idea.

Hmmm, i don’t think it’s a problem. There is plenty of instanced content that would vastly outnumber guild halls. Personal story, LS, home instances, pvp arenas, dungeons, etc. are all like that, and players are spawning them in droves sometimes. Not to mention how many maps (or overflows) there were pre-megaserver.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I don’t remember saying locked.

On the one hand we don’t want a simplistic guild hall experience (that is something like the home instance), on the other hand players don’t want game modes locked behind guild halls.
Although… well is that reasonable? For example Guild Missions have the requirement that you need to be in a guild. If there is no content that requires Guild Halls or is in someway tied to the Guild Hall then won’t that inherently limit the value of Guild Halls? I think the discussion shouldn’t be around not locking content into Guild Halls but rather on how to lower the barrier to entry, to allow small guild to enjoy some/most of the content that large guilds would have access to. We shouldn’t limit what can be done with Guild Halls but rather look at what we can do with them and how we can give the majority of player access to it.

Could influence or merits or other aspects of guilds be improved by integrating with this “factory?”

Guild members can possibly contribute to Guild Crafting by having a Guild Bank with Guild Supplies, which can then be used to craft guild items (such as decorations or consumables etc.). Merit and influence could be used as a means of unlocking recipes (as well as the possibility of having recipes being a rare drop).

• Try to brainstorm ways in which Guild Hall acquisition could be fun.

Guild Halls should be divided into classes or qualities. Basic Guild Halls should be free (low barrier to entry) but higher quality guild halls (more space, more benefits etc.) should be more difficult to acquire and have some sort of upkeep (beyond tax, because tax is a boring gold sink).
I still like my idea (because that’s how ego works :P ) of having primarily instance guild halls (for all, with various themes and qualities) and then a handful of open world guild halls which can be acquired through PvE or PvP / GvG. Although I guess you could also acquire instanced Guild Halls through PvE (for example fight a giant Mist monster and unlock a mist themed instance or fight a Aetherblade captain and unlock a flying rust-bucket theme etc.).
I think acquisition should be a smaller aspect than the building / improvement and upgrading of guild halls. That is, getting it should be fun but not too complicated or time consuming, what should take up the majority of player time is improving the Guild Hall.

• Think about some rewards a physical Guild Hall might give you that couldn’t be done without it

Guild Members can get a small permanent boon in the areas there Guild Hall is located.
Well I think there’s some lore potential here. For example LA is being rebuilt and to support the Lion’s Guard the Captain Council allows a guild to set up shop. The Guild would be responsible for helping rebuild and protect LA (if they fail it becomes destroyed again).
A zone in which a Guild Hall is located can be faced by a number of threats. Say a zone in Ascalon can have Foefire ghosts, Flame Legion, Separatists, and Mordem. A guild can decide to focus on one of those threats, potentially closing off some events chains but opening others (for example the Separatists decide to capitalize on the decreased Flame Legion presence).
Guild in the open world can decide to set up a little market in their Guild Halls, that is to say you set up some crafting stations, some banners etc. and ask a small entry fee (a few copper) for non-guild members to access your Guild Market and use your services.

What are the benefits to guild halls having a large cost? What are the drawbacks?

Costs provides goals and insensitive. If there is a cost, players have a reason to login and things to do. The drawback is the potential the exclude small guilds which might not have enough players or active players to pay for the upkeep / cost of a guild hall. This is where the discussion comes in of accessibility, what is reasonable for a small guild to be able to achieve versus a guild that’s 10 times bigger.

My guild is me who plays every day, my mate who plays 3-4 times a week, another who plays for a short while every few weeks (and absolutely loves the game), and a fourth who reps for us for about half an hour every six months.

For the sake of interest why would you want a guild hall beyond just wanting it?

(edited by CureForLiving.5360)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

My guild is me who plays every day, my mate who plays 3-4 times a week, another who plays for a short while every few weeks (and absolutely loves the game), and a fourth who reps for us for about half an hour every six months.

For the sake of interest why would you want a guild hall beyond just wanting it?

I’ve never really been able to see why a guild hall would even be necessary in this game beyond a bit of fluff that would allow a guild to grow a little closer, which isn’t a bad thing. We probably wouldn’t care/bother unless they were implemented in a way that interested us. In which case, we’d probably like one. Or not

edit: guild hall, not just guild. Minus marks for poor proofreading.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Guild Members can get a small permanent boon in the areas there Guild Hall is located.

What benefits would non-guilded players get? I don’t like the sounds of this one. Perhaps it could be a thing like every player in a given zone receive the boons offered by the local guilds, similar to how guildies can currently drop banners that everyone nearby can use.

A zone in which a Guild Hall is located can be faced by a number of threats. Say a zone in Ascalon can have Foefire ghosts, Flame Legion, Separatists, and Mordem. A guild can decide to focus on one of those threats, potentially closing off some events chains but opening others (for example the Separatists decide to capitalize on the decreased Flame Legion presence).

This could get dangerous if players have have any reason to do an event that might get blocked off. If guildies are capable of this, then they will most likely go for the most farmable/rewarding event paths, meaning the others will almost never be active, and anyone who has reason to do those will be SoL.

Guild in the open world can decide to set up a little market in their Guild Halls, that is to say you set up some crafting stations, some banners etc. and ask a small entry fee (a few copper) for non-guild members to access your Guild Market and use your services.

I like all of that except for the idea of charging your fellow players to use it. If there would be any personal benefit, perhaps make it so that the guild gets a cut of the profits, like if players buy a tool or salvage bag off your merch (at regular price), the guild gets a 5% cut or so. Ultimately though, the Guild Hall should not become a free-money machine.

Costs provides goals and insensitive. If there is a cost, players have a reason to login and things to do. The drawback is the potential the exclude small guilds which might not have enough players or active players to pay for the upkeep / cost of a guild hall. This is where the discussion comes in of accessibility, what is reasonable for a small guild to be able to achieve versus a guild that’s 10 times bigger.

I think that the solid balance is to make beginning the guild Hall, getting a basic structure in place, could be easy, but that then evolving that guild hall past the basic tiers could become time consuming. Consider a basic guild hall with basic functions like getting Exotic gear, while getting a fully stocked large hall for 100+ people would be like full Ascended, and then getting a massive keep would be like a Legendary. And the “cost” for these things should not be easy for even the largest guilds, or permanently out of the reach of even the smallest. The cost should be based on effort and time, not entirely on the number of people playing or on how much wealth they have.

Be fair, you answer first, why would you want one beyond wanting one?

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I think the most important thing for me personally is that guild halls won’t introduce content which is ONLY available for guilds. I like the current aspect of guild-missions that every player can participate in the guild-event.

I would hate if people would have to join a guild (even though they can’t stand other people) just to experience new content.

Options would be fine. A guild-raid dungeon which can be entirely done by guilds (with the guild-related rewards) as well as the same dungeon open for pugs as well. It’s easy to realize for raids (since those are just dungeons for more people) but it gets tricky when looking at different stuff:

• GvG. How could we implement these battles for solo players as well? Perhaps a player vs. npc szenario on the same map somewhere in the open world? I imagine this working like the breakout events in WvW: 10 – 12 players gather around a npc for 1 minute in order to start the “GvG battle” (=PvNPC battle). You could easily gather people via mapchat or lfg (lf players PvNPC in Magus Falls at 10:30 – 10:40cest).

Why would this be different to events? Because the NPCs here mimic the sparring NPCs in the heart of the mists (don’t know the limitations of this AI, would it be possible to send such npcs on capture/hold events?).

• housing stuff in guild halls: possible for 1man guilds – effort needs to scale on the amount of (active) players in the guild.

GW2s biggest strength so far (imho) is that grouping isn’t needed for most of it’s content. You don’t need to group for Tequatl, just be there when you can. You don’t cripple the group by not being there because the event scales. No need to play on schedule.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Guild Halls and Housing would be good in the game maybe getting some crafting going with it

Do you mean some form of Guild Crafting? How would you expect that to work?

My biggest problem with GW2’s crafting is how we must craft items we don’t need for the sake of leveling our craftsmanship.

For that reason, anything that adds more unique crafting recipes to the game (across all levels) is a plus to me. Several solutions for this could include making all obtained recipes account bound after being unlocked/ used (it would only affect alts crafting experience, though, but still a highly desirable QoL change) to adding more unlocked-by-default recipes (like the newly added backpieces, which makes crafting so much more enjoyable to me).

So, any reason to add more stuff would be interesting. “Guild crafting” could be one additional reason for it. Make it so players could manually and individually craft furniture across all crafting levels, and then have the option to use it either for a personal housing system, or to lend it to a guild hall of choice.

(In the previous CDI, I mentioned how anet should take the opportunity to design and implemment a housing system that would work both for guilds and for personal instances, killing two (big) birds with one stone AND having, as a result, two systems that have excellent synergy with each other).

Examples of that could include:

• Wooden furniture (huntsman);
  • Leather carpets (leatherworker);
  • Weapon and armor decorations;
  • Cloth decorations (tailor);
  • Potion and magical decorations (artificer);
    (Some of them with selectable buffs)
  • Food plates, with selectable buffs (chef);
  • Jewelry;

This could be done in various ways.

• For most of the armor/ weapon decorations, they would re-use already existing models;
  • Recipes for those could then be very similar to the recipes for making the equipable versions, with slight varions of the materials required;
  • Some unique, decoration-only models should be there: 1 for each discipline, recipe unlocked by default, upgradable across levels (much like how crafting backpieces work);

Perhaps wooden furniture, due to how limitless it can be, should have its own discipline, or be available in more than one.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

What benefits would non-guilded players get? I don’t like the sounds of this one. Perhaps it could be a thing like every player in a given zone receive the boons offered by the local guilds, similar to how guildies can currently drop banners that everyone nearby can use.

This is Directed at you and Palador:
There should be benefits, unique benefits to being in a guild , you can’t keep holding back players just because you don’t want to do what ever it will entail. Nothing would be stopping you from joining a large scale guild and doing whatever new content is added anyway.

Actually I’m not sure I see what you are saying.

I’ll give it one more go.

Let’s say someone brings into the office the best, most awesome chocolate cake in the world. Free for everyone to have a slice or three. Plenty to go around.

Anyone that simply doesn’t like chocolate cake, though, will pass on it. Is it great? Yes, but it’s not to their liking. They simply don’t want it.

I’ve already been posting ideas (feel free to read them, I think they’d be enjoyable) on how to earn and unlock things for Guild Halls. But it doesn’t matter how fun you make Guild Halls. Or PvP. Or World vs World. Or Dungeons. Some people DO NOT ENJOY IT. It’s simply not to their tastes.

This is another situation like requiring WvW for map completion. Or sticking a group dungeon onto the end of the personal story. Or leaving WvW players scraping together gold and skill points to unlock traits if they don’t want to PvE. Some people will simply not want to mess with Guild Halls, so requiring them to access an improvement to other areas of the game … is par for the course, I guess. Never mind, full speed ahead.

There is a limit to the “play how you want” , you can only go so far in one activity before the only way to advance further is to branch out otherwise you just end up in a situation where you get all the rewards for the one action. It is perfectly fair to require multiple sections of content to be done. Heck to be a top player or top guild (and thus have access to the largest amount of rewards and content) I would expect mastery of all content. Personal like or dislike has to take a backseat to making sure the game is challenging and encouraging play verity.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

The only request I have is: please give small guilds (2-5 people) something to strive for, too.

Your post did me realize something.. What are people talking about when they talk about small guilds?

I am talking about 15 active (So online at least once every 2 weeks) people.

In all honestly I personally would think 2 – 5 is so little that would be the same as making it available to every-body’s personal guild what I would think as undesirable.

But what are other people talking about when they talk about small guilds?

In my opinion, 5 people should be considered a small guild.
That is the minimum required for dungeons to be completed, to tPvP teams, is the max pop. of a group, etc.
When we talk small guilds, we speak about groups of friends that do stuff together, and the minimum required for that is 5.

15-60 people is a medium guild, and over 60 active, is a big guild. I think most guilds in the game must be medium guilds, and very few compared to that, are big guilds. Then 5-15 is a small guild, less than that, and we are talking about personal guilds.

Well doing a dungeon with 5 people is also what I had in mind. (And the way I talked about unlocking things for the most part also required 5 people) But thats why I see it as a guild of 15 (who are online at least once every 2 weeks) because in a guild of 5 people it might get hard to get them all online at the same time to do that 5 man content. But in theory 5 would then indeed be the minimum. I agree.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: killeraled.1950

killeraled.1950

love if they had some places to store things like a box with a few spaces that u can buy and place in a sort of 3d editor kind of similar to the game “arma 3”s editor. and maybe only your crafting stuff, so if your a chef and a leather-worker for example then you will only have those crafting stations, maybe some kind of system where you can invite friends because this would have to an instance thing.

i am a hunter you don’t see me, you just die

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Alethia.3597

Alethia.3597

Proposal Overview
Split area guild halls for general use and GvG.
Goal of Proposal
Solve the dilemma raised in GW1 of picking an aesthetic you like to live with vs a hall you want to defend. Trying to mesh combat between an underground hall and an airship hall in a workable fashion.
Proposal Functionality
The main customisable area of the hall is essentially living space. Allow us to play around moving and building to our heart’s content without tying us to it in combat by having at least one outer edge of our hall map being our fortification we can pick from basic styles. Customisation can come into it with GvG discussion. Make blended sections for each possible combination of fortification so it is 1/3rd of each hall and blender map when they meet up.
Associated Risks
Map edges not lining up properly and falling through the map would be a big one, but it would be easier than trying to GvG around our enthusiastic decorating.

Proposal Overview
Use basic frame shapes with replaceable elements and customisation to create the major structures of the halls.
Goal of Proposal
Have the major structures of a hall conform to basic structure rules to try and stop clipping and collisions, but have enough options so they are not going to be cookie cutter. This could make it easier to add in festive elements also.
Proposal Functionality
Have say a floor layout: possible flat or sunken with steps etc; basic shape: circle, square, octagon; a ceiling choice: flat (especially if stacking modules for multistorey), dome, a-frame. All of the pieces could fit together seamlessly, but each panel of the build could be customised with doors, windows, open archways. Further customisation can come through upgrades like glass to stained glass and color choice on well designed skins. An open framework curling gate or wall overlay could look like wrought iron in one colour scheme, yet change it into nature tones and it would not look out of place in a grove theme as organic vines.
This could also reserve some areas to allow seasonal decorations to be applied over the top with set anchor points for garlands, balloons or cobwebs. Seasonal decoration could be something the guilds have to work together to achieve yet extras like temporary party themes could be built with influence or gem store. Themes could be better as unlocks with the days used costing upkeep.
Associated Risks
Set shapes used creatively together can work, but could cause frustration for some who want to customise everything.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Alethia.3597

Proposal Overview
Guild hall decay
Goal of Proposal
Save some resources culling unused halls.
Proposal Functionality
Have guild halls revert to the basic starter form when a guild is inactive.
Guilds don’t deserve to lose what they have worked for, so all upgrades and built items essentially go into a guild wardrobe so the items and NPCs could be redeployed if the guild meets activity criteria again.
Associated Risks
Getting the timing or criteria wrong for active and alienating guilds putting away all their toys.

Proposal Overview
Decoration and layout backup
Goal of Proposal
Allow those with permissions to save the settings essentially for the hall so temporary alterations can be easier reverted.
Proposal Functionality
Just have a basic backup allotted per guild. Could allow more freedom to clear rooms for a water balloon fight or building a topiary maze.
Associated Risks
Complicated to execute as there could be a lot of variables.

Proposal Overview
Guilds hall viewer
Goal of Proposal
Be able to show off our halls if we choose to without needing to invite people in.
Proposal Functionality
Set a vista style point in guild halls which can be viewed from say the main cities with new NPC who have tourist goggles and a list of viewable halls. Players could vote on a favourite in each location once a day or week and the top designs could be added into the persistent world on a set plot in the region their base map was based on for a set time.
Associated Risks
Privacy in halls could be a thing if it worked like a true vista, it might need to be a snapshot taken that was approved by the guild before submission.
Camera collision with hall elements could also be an issue.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

I’d like to see any costs for Guild Hall related things scaled by members. It’s the only possibility to keep it fair to all guild sizes.
This should have happened also to guild upgrades since the beginning…

Scaling means bigger guilds have to pay more for the same just because they are bigger? That is now how I would define fair.

I would say you would need to set a minimum you want every guild to be able to have (and then define what you expect a guild to be) and then give the ability to work on from there.

Then everybody can have a guild-hall but bigger guilds can likely have more stuff (added to it, done with it) then a smaller guild. Seems fair to me that way?

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

What current aspects of guilds would you change to integrate them more with guild halls? If you would change something, how would you change it to work more with a physical Guild Hall?

Jon

• 1.) I would change the costs of upgrades. I think it should scale based on the size of the guild. A problem I can see here would be inactive players or players who don’t have too much time during a week to play GW2, so these guys shouldn’t hurt their own guild. What if the costs of upgrades scale on the average number of players online each week (at least 60min a week).

Max (20min this week)
Jon (300min this week)
Peter (50min this week)
Dave (450min this week)
Matt (350min this week)
—> this guild will scale to 3 active players a week. They will have to pay 300 resscources for upgrade A. A guild which scales to 50 “active” players a week will have to pay 50×100 ressources for the same upgrade.

Alternative suggestion
80% of the guild’s members will have to donate on a specific upgrade to start this upgrade. The amount would be a certain percentage of the full-costs (which scales on the number of players in the guild).

This way small guilds (3-5man guilds) have a fair chance to get to the bigger upgrades with the same amount of work for each member involved.

Seems extremely unfair to me what you come up with here. (no offence meant) Some guilds have to pay more to get exactly the same.

Is it really so bad that bigger guilds have easier access (because of the more people they have) to bigger guild-halls with more in it? As long as every guild can have at least a guild-hall with all the basics in it?

(edited by Devata.6589)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Alethia.3597

Jon

Max (20min this week)
Jon (300min this week)
Peter (50min this week)
Dave (450min this week)
Matt (350min this week)

Alternative suggestion

Seems extremely unfair to me what you come up with here. Some guilds have to pay more to get exactly the same.

Is it really so bad that bigger guilds have easier access (because of the more people they have) to bigger guild-halls with more in it? As long as every guild can have at least a guild-hall with all the basics in it?

I can also see issues with this especially if bigger guilds will need to unlock more land area simply not to trip on each other.

The first option encourages guilds to tell their members not to play or rep each key week, the second encourages kicking out people who may be away studying or whatever simply because an upgrade cannot be built while they are in the guild even if they plan to be back.
I’m not convinced this is a fair way to go.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Ohoni.6057

This is Directed at you and Palador:
There should be benefits, unique benefits to being in a guild ,

No.

Scaling means bigger guilds have to pay more for the same just because they are bigger? That is now how I would define fair.

I don’t know. It shouldn’t cost more in personal resources, like gold, but I could definitely see a large guild costing more in things like influence, which a large guild just comes by naturally at a faster pace than a smaller guild would. What a very large guild could accumulate over a weekend might take a small guild months to achieve, and I don’t know how to make that achievable for the latter while having any value for the former.

done by now.”

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Marcus Greythorne.6843

why would this be unfair??

10 people spending 10 minutes gather 50 wood
1 guy spending 10 minutes gathers 5 wood

unfair? How so?

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Marcus Greythorne.6843

The first option encourages guilds to tell their members not to play or rep each key week, the second encourages kicking out people who may be away studying or whatever simply because an upgrade cannot be built while they are in the guild even if they plan to be back.

Fair enough, but there’s still the problem:

Small guilds (1-4 man) can’t upgrade in a reasonable amount of time
Huge guilds (100 players +) get everything instantly.

Do we really need time-gates and a maximum amount you can spend each day/week?

Furthermore, the scaling of my first suggestion… why do you think it would make people to tell others to stop playing? The more players play, the more ressources they gather.

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Marcus Greythorne.6843

The only alternative I can think of is that every player has to get enough reputation in order to use the unlocked upgrades.

I would hate if big guilds have 80% of the members who haven’t done anything to upgrade their guild and small guilds would need effort to upgrade it that takes years.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

why would this be unfair??

unfair? How so?

That is not unfair. Then those 10 people together have 50 wood and the 1 guy has 5.
That is indeed completely fair. The 10 together do have more here.

Oow and 10 people spending 10 minutes is 100 minutes total. I guess thats why it is fair.

(edited by Devata.6589)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Alethia.3597

Furthermore, the scaling of my first suggestion… why do you think it would make people to tell others to stop playing? The more players play, the more ressources they gather.

People have lots of reasons to flag away in game then come back later and pick up chat and stuff. Some come in game simply to chat or go on the tp. It could create a situation that means some are essentially leeching the work of others and some will have to do a lot to pick up the slack.
Think of all the hours people stand in town and roleplay or play instruments.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

“Small guilds (1-4 man) can’t upgrade in a reasonable amount of time” What upgrades are you talking about? They way I said it the basic guild-hall with all the basic elements should be easy available for every guild. So also for the small guild, and yes the big guild would have that near instantly.

It’s after that where things go different. While I would not design a system where a guild can have everything instantly (there might be many many many blue-prints scattered of many places in the world.. also big guilds might take months to collect them all and then by that time new blue-prints get added) it would be true that bigger guilds would get more blue-prints (or what type of unlock it might be) sooner or get more of them.

Both guilds can keep on building (and increasing the size) but yes a bigger guild would here be able to build faster or get some blue-prints sooner. While smaller guilds might need to be forced to think about.. what do we want to build? Where do we get the blue-prints / materials for that and focus more on that leaving out what they don’t need.

You see I am all for also giving access to small guilds and letting them make just as much use of the guild-hall as big guilds. The only element I disagree with is that it would have to be an even playing-field. Bigger guilds have more and can do more. There is nothing wrong with that, it’s even how it should be imho.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Ohoni.6057

unfair? How so?

It’s not “unfair,” but it does mean that any goal that takes a decent amount of time for a massive guild would be effectively impossible for a smaller guild, unless some sort fo offsetting mechanisms are in place.

I think the key would just be to make it so that the unlocking mechanism maxes out at a certain point, such that 5 players can unlock it in a certain amount of time, 10 players can unlock it slightly faster, but 20, 30, 40 can’t unlock it any faster than 10 can.

done by now.”

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

unfair? How so?

It’s not “unfair,” but it does mean that any goal that takes a decent amount of time for a massive guild would be effectively impossible for a smaller guild, unless some sort fo offsetting mechanisms are in place.

I think the key would just be to make it so that the unlocking mechanism maxes out at a certain point, such that 5 players can unlock it in a certain amount of time, 10 players can unlock it slightly faster, but 20, 30, 40 can’t unlock it any faster than 10 can.

To a certain degree that is already the case. But as long as they both get what they really need and the process beyond that becomes harder for smaller guilds then for bigger guilds I do not see that as a problem.

Smaller guilds would then just have to be a little more selective and efficient.
What do we want? What additional functions? A portal to every city is a little to hard to get so lets settle to a portal to LA (for now).

And what theme we want our guild-hall in? Well then lets focus on getting those blue-prints.

While bigger guilds could say. We want portals to all city’s and lets try to get as many blue-prints as we can..

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Ohoni.6057

And what theme we want our guild-hall in? Well then lets focus on getting those blue-prints.

Speaking of, it would be kind of nice if smaller guilds weren’t forced to choose function over form, that is, if there are options to customize appearance, and options to make the hall more useful, they should not be draining from the same limited resource pools, where if a small guild has a harder time filling theirs, they may take weeks or months between functional upgrades, and if changing the drapes comes from the same pool then it means either taking forever to bring the hall up to full function, or just completely ignoring decoration.

I would prefer some mechanics in place to allow you to pursue both at once without slowing either down, such as limiting how much you can put into each at a time to a level where you should have points left over each week, or having them use completely different resource pools that a guild raises simultaneously.

done by now.”

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

I’m joining the thread and didn’t read all posts, but i’d like to share and idea i always had about guild halls.

What if we literally build them up instead of “getting” it built? There could be a system in which the guild upgrades have a cost on materials, wood, clay, leather. However, obtaining that materials would be more or less like crafting a legendary weapon or mawdrey. They should involve a journey and a challenge.
Those items should, however, be obtainable only once per month per account and be account-bound or guild-bound if such thing exists. That way people wouldn’t be able to “buy” their guild halls off the Trading Post.
If the guild needs (as example) 10 clay stuff, then all 10 members of a guild should help each other to get the work done. If instead you don’t wanna have more than 5 members in your guild, it’s ok, but you should be aware that small guilds is a choice, and by choice you have to work harder, waiting 1 month of cooldown to create the other 5 clay stuff to build it.

What do you think?

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Dashwood.3215

Dashwood.3215

Just do it like in GW 1. Was simple, effective, and it just worked. And yeah, bring back GvG the same way too.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

I think the only good assumption here is that we are talking about to bring up the positives and negatives of a system. What are the benefits to guild halls having a large cost? What are the drawbacks? I’m saying this because I think it has both and am wondering what your take is.

My take is no matter what you do, the forums will be on fire afterwards about how the decision is obviously wrong and ANet is “once again out of touch with what players want”.

There isn’t a way to do any of this which is going to get a 100% approval rating, no matter what you read here in the forums. I’ve inferred such to Chris several times before we started down these CDIs.

And so, I’m trying to think around that particular blocking thought – because it’s become an increasingly stressful problem on trying to come up with anything useful.

What i’ve seen with these CDI’s in general, is the basic fact that we as players don’t really know what our constraints are, so we make all these elaborate proposals and brainstorm around them. Which works amazingly well when you know what is technically feasible. So we get a lot of great ideas floating around, and people say “wow” that’s great, but then we get either a shell of the idea or something radically different.

It’s definitely a bonus to “think outside the box”, yet if you don’t know how big the box is, it’s very difficult to think outside of it. I know it’s their goal to build off the elaborate discussions we have in these, it just seems to typically lead to additions or changes that end up being more frustrating than fun. Add to that the rule of what’s discussed here is just for the sake of it, really doesn’t give anyone a clear design goal.

I got the concept behind all this, but they really need to be more open and focused with us than just have us run with wild ideas. I mean we are going to get those anyway, even when we have a tighter constraints. That’s just how discussion among a large group tend to go.

this is a great point. I have not explicitly said what the box is on purpose but I’m happy next week to take an idea and really ask all the hard questions to try to boil it down more so that you can all see how this works more clearly on our end. One thing is the constraints we have are rarely what you all imagine they might be so I think it will be good to break down an actual problem that way.

Jon

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

I’ve had a lot of ideas guild halls for a while now. Now that we have a CDI on it, I decided to put them down. Here’s what I have…

PAGE 1/2

I’m hoping we can get a highly customizable system that allows each guild to build their own guild hall.

building the guild hall.
In order to build a guild hall a guild must have

• Guild Hall Permit research done(in lv 1-2 of Architecture)
  • A Guild Sigil(how to get is below)
  • The resources to build the initial hall.

Cost for lv1 guild hall.
5 gold + 1,000 Green Wood Planks + 1,000 Copper Ingots.
The player must then go to a guild portal to build the hall.(what a guild portal is below)

Getting the Sigil
There are 3 ways to get a Sigil from drops. (the Sigil is trade-able on BLT for those who are RNG cursed)

• A random Drop from Team Arenas in sPvP
  • A random Drop from capturing stone mist in WvW.
  • A random Drop from completing Guild Puzzles (highest chance)
    Idealy the drop rate of these should be adjusted to put the price on the trader around 50 gold.

Guild Portals
Around the world are guild portals. These are the places that guild halls are instanced. Each portal represents a different theme. For instance buying a guild hall from the guild portal in Rata Sum would yield an Asuran lab themed guild hall. Additional Guild hall portals can be created for additional themes. Interacting with one of these points would allow you to:

• buy or upgrade your guild hall. requires “guild hall edit” permission(new permission).
  • visit a public guild hall there.
  • Enter your guild hall. (any guild portal can be used to enter your guild hall.)

Layout of the guild hall.
The guild hall is instanced allowing multiple guilds to share the same guild portal. The inside of the instance will be an outside area with the guild hall in the map. Initially most of the map will be blocked off until upgrades are complete.

Guild hall customization
Each guild hall would start empty. Players can then fill the the hall with items. These items are deployed similar to siege in wvw.
In the guild menu there is a Guild hall tab(more info below), this lists all the items that can be placed into the guild hall and there quantities. When a player clicks place on one of these it creates a deployment bundle. the player can then target a location to place an item. Interacting with the item will allow it to be turned (similar to deployed siege) or picked up and stored in the customization tab. Placing and removing guild hall items should require the “guild hall edit” guild permission. May need to require certain items to be placed outside or inside only.

Acquiring Hall Items
Items deployed in guild hall initially come in item form. Using the item adds the item to the guild hall menu of your currently represented guild. (may need a confirm for accidental placement in wrong guild.)
These items can come from multiple places.

• Many bosses have a rare chance to drop a memento item that can be placed in the guild hall. (account bound)
  • Crafting disciplines can craft certain common items(like tables, chairs, decoration, etc)
  • Gem store purchases for over the top items( like fireworks, games, etc)
  • Crafting a legendary will give a legendary display item. (Account bound, current legendary owners would get one retroactively)
  • spvp reward tracks.
  • Random drops from key places give decorative and special items. (Example, A Mordremoth vine from Mordremoth minions.)
  • Certain guild upgrades will add special and useful items to the hall. (such as crafting stations, merchants, etc.)
    Most of these items can be sold on the BLT but must be used to be placed in build hall.

Upgrading the Guild hall.
Initially the guild hall is little more than a single room. A Guild can upgrade the guild hall tier to increase the size of the hall.
There is also single upgrades that add special rooms to the guild.(such as gardens, forests, mine, crafting room, storage room, etc..)

There are seven tiers for guild halls each one adds additional rooms.
Each requires the same recipe template. (gold + 1,000 wood planks + 1,000 metal ingots) what kind of wood/metal is biased on tier.

Example:
a Tier 4 guild hall would require gold + 1,000 Hard Wood Plank + 1,000 Darksteel ingots. Yes, this means the final tier requires 1,000 Spiritwood and Deldrimor. This tier is for those hardcore guilds. The upgrade will occur as soon as everyone leaves the guild hall. (this should allow for each tier to be a different map and switch between them when upgrading)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: zerorogue.9410

zerorogue.9410

PAGE 2/2

This second page is for additional information about the idea. Such as special features or extras.

Resource nodes
Three upgrades create a garden, a forest, and a mine at the guild hall. Upgrading this reveals a new location for each of these. (alternatively it may just create an NPC and nodes if the area is a part of the initial area.) An npc at each location will allow players with “guild hall edit” permission to set what nodes can be harvested(nodes change at daily reset to prevent rapid changing). These nodes can only be harvested once per day(reset at daily along with changing nodes). How many nodes is biased on what tier is chosen (lower tier = more nodes)

Guild Hall menu
This menu is in the [G] menu and editable by members with “guild hall edit” permission. in the panel is a list of all the items currently place-able in the guild hall, as well as a list of those currently placed. a List of players currently in the guild hall(with the ability to kick them), who can enter the guild hall (public, member, special access permission) and a current status of the guild hall(what tier, what upgrades, etc…)

Guild Store
Guilds can buy and sell items outside the BLT. This is done at the guild store(unlocked through guild research) This is a special room that has Places that players can place items for sale or to buy. For selling items, items are deposited into the display and kept there to sell. For buying the total gold required to fill the buy order is kept. When items are sold the gold is placed into the Guild stash. When items are bought they are kept in the display until a guild member can retrieve them(requires Guild stash withdraw). there are only a set number of these displays. (sell more in gem store?)

Guild Room settings
A small panel in each room allows guild members to set who can enter a room. There are 3 settings, everyone, guild members only, and Special Access. Special Access biased on who has the “Special Access” permission.(creating a new permission for this allows for unique use of this feature)

Guild Application Board
A Guild item that Allows players to apply for a guild in game. Interacting with the item while in the guild and having “admin lower ranks” permission will allow the guild member to edit a text box about the guild, set if applications are accepted currently, and review current pending applications. Interacting with the item while not in the guild will show up a guild invite panel if the guild allows applications. (has a small text box where the player can describe them-self.)

Visiting Guild halls
Other players may visit guilds if they are set as public in the guild customization screen. Visiting other guilds allows you to use their harvest nodes, buy and sell items to the guild, and apply for membership. Note harvesting the nodes in one guild hall makes them harvested in all guild halls. (similar to how it’s done in home instance)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

I don’t remember saying locked. I said how would you change some of the current functionality to be more integrated with guild halls? I don’t think functionality has to go away to do this and I’d like to see what value you all might envision a guild hall could bring to things like Guild Missions, the current Guild upgrade system, etc.

Jon

Let’s go all the way.

Your guild instance map is seperated into four sections: Politics, economics, art of war and architecture. As you upgrade these things through the I-VI lines, the sections will get grander; for example, if you have level 0 politics, you have no building on that section, if you have level 1, you have a basic lodge, all the way up to a palace at level 6.

The other smaller upgrades have smaller effects on the plot. For example, if you build a guild workshop, you have an actual workshop on your architecture plot. If you have Outsource Asuran Contracting, an Asura hangs out in your Politics building and you can talk to him. If those upgrades are actually doing something then they’re doing something in the guild hall; for example if you’re building something at the workshop, the machinery is running and you have a few NPCs running about working, if you have the Asuran Contractor working, he’s fiddling about on one of those computer things they have. Every upgrade should have something along these lines actually happening in the guild hall to correlate with it.

Also a few upgrades could have added functionality, or new upgrades that come out of them. For example, you can upgrade your Guild Workshop to have crafting tables.

This is a great start and since I said I would try and break down a single thing lets do it with this topic during the week. I think your proposal is great but it really only 1 step of the way. I hope we can take this a lot further and look forward to doing that on Monday.

Jon

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

You guys don’t seem to be considering methods that don’t use resources, if you have unlock mechanisms as opposed to gather x resources it solves your problem of scalability while also preventing it being a horrific gold grind.

Also lets talk about the one thing no one seems to have thought of how do we differentiate guilds.

Example: A small low skill 5 man guild gets their guild hall they have some stuff in it. They are the base line everybody and everyone can get that basic stuff.

What Rewards and unlocks above and beyond this should their be for:
A 500 Man mega guild , since it is a lot of work to run and maintain?
A 20 man elite guild?
A 50 man average guild?
A guild that is restricting itself to one type of content?
etc.

Answering my own questions:
Personally I consider the 20 man elite guild and the 500 man guild on around the same level, so locking rewards to the size of the guild (i.e restricting guild hall size based on membership numbers) would be a bad idea. To differentiate the two, the 500 man guild could have some open world unlocks that require large amounts of players to complete, while the elite guild could have hard challenge missions which give unique unlocks for them.

The average 50 man guild is just that average, the players in it aren’t worth much so they’ll probobly just have the generic unlocks along with some of the dungeon/pvp/wvw unlocks, they may occasionally manage to complete a harder unlock for their hall.

The guild restricting itself to one type of content well should just get the unlocks from that type of content as they are self imposing this restriction and their dislike of other content is irrelevant to them having access to it.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Honestly if they were the exact same as GW1 I would be happy.

My hopes:
-Give us multiple layouts to choose from like GW1
-Allow us to upgrade it to include more vendors, guild/personal storage, etc.
-Allow us to bring guests into it
-Maybe have gathering nodes that reset daily?
-Allow us to explore it and make it an actual guild hall. Something large and wondrous.

And finally, think of the small guilds.. Before you go adding 100k+ influence costs or 1k+ gold costs, remember not every guild has hundreds of people.

Thanks for your time and I’m glad to see guild halls finally being discussed!

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: DDCarvalho.2071

DDCarvalho.2071

• Think about some rewards a physical Guild Hall might give you that couldn’t be done without it and how the ability to give those rewards could create a version of an improvement to a system that previously was considered impossible and is now instead very simple, clear, and compelling?

Proposal Overview
Guild Photographer

Goal of Proposal
To provide the guild with a functionality not available anywhere else in the game (making the guild more valuable in the eyes of its members) and also provide the guild with a source of income.

Proposal Functionality
One of the upgrades available on the Guild Hall would be the Guild Photographer. Once bought/researched, a “photography room” would be added to the hall, and in it, the guild members could pay a small fee (50 silver?) to take photos of their characters that would be saved as screenshots out of the game, in a “images folder”. The great functionality? These photos could be saved as .PNGs without a background, facilitating montages using the characters (currently there is no easy way to take a photo of your character that is easily separated from the background).
People using the photo room could adjust the camera angle and distance more freely than it’s possible in the game, could try using the emotes too see which pose they prefer, could have a inactive golem target so they can cast skills, and when they found the perfect pose/emote/skill, they would press a hotkey to take the picture.
Money from the photo room would go directly to the guild coffers, that way the guild would have a nice way of raising money without taxes or pleading to members.
The photographer could also have a option of being summoned to a place in the map so he could take a picture of the whole guild.

Associated Risks
People without guilds could feel “left out” of a functionality they would also want to use.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

Jon

Let’s go all the way.

That seems a little boring don’t you think.

And instance and upgrades (in your guild menu?) that unlock another tier of your guild-hall. Much like a WvW keep. It’s the most basic idea for a guild hall while you can do so much more with it.

Looking at the many suggestions here including building your own guild-hall, open world guild-halls, hunts in the real world for blue-prints that would be much much much more exiting and ad much more value to the game imho.

“if you’re building something at the workshop, the machinery is running” That sort of stuff I would like to see indeed but that are more details.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

Jon

Let’s go all the way.

This is a great start and since I said I would try and break down a single thing lets do it with this topic during the week. I think your proposal is great but it really only 1 step of the way. I hope we can take this a lot further and look forward to doing that on Monday.

Jon

This is the most basic idea of guild-halls. Taking it a lot further is what happened during the last 15 pages I would think?

Now about locking out content. You will be always locking something out for people who don’t join guilds as this is a guild-feature. What is important that guild off all sizes are able to participate. And that is give them things to do in the game.. Things that might not all be new or guild-related.

The examples of dungeons rewarding portals to city’s for example. The content ‘dungeons’ is already availing for people. Whats new is the reward and the ability to use that in the guild-hall.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

Idea Proposal: A Worldwide Guild Hall

Goal of Proposal: There is the matter of guilds being divided into charters. I’d imagine a Guild Hall would be the perfect place for Guild members of both regions to interact with each other toon to toon.

Proposal Functionality:

I suggest providing another megaserver dedicated to Guild Hall based instance areas. That way, the members from the same guild but in different regional charters will be able to be in the same spot to mingle with their comrades from the other side of the map and perhaps take part in guild exclusive activities that are limited to the boundaries that the guild hall will provide, assuming that there is any to be had, of course.

Associated Risk: I’d imagine making servers to accomodate both regions would be very very costly. Plus there is the matter of latency issues each player will have based on their regions.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Perlemu.8219

Perlemu.8219

Excelsior !

I’m a french gamer from Jade sea, I’m in an roleplay guild but we’re also doing every other activities the game can offer (WvW, PvP and PvE). I’m posting here because the subject do not exist for the french forum part and a lot of players in my guild think we also have the right to give our point of view. Here is my vision of what the Guild Hall should be.

Our guild exist since Guild War, it’s call « Coeur du Nord » and during the first GW we had the iced lake lost dwarf fortress for guild hall. We’re, of course, dreaming about having the same kind place that would reminds us the first GW. But I guess that lots of ancient guilds from the first dream of this.

Anyway, GW2 has a vast univers, the environments are so rich and appealing it would be easier to take those and do guild hall with them. Who never dreamed about having a zeppelin form the Pact ? Or Stonemist castle. Even some parts of PvE maps could be transform into guild hall and become peacefull (a small town in Gendarran fields, a Lion’s guard fortress, Cragstead, the Soundless ’s weeping island etc.)

Which bring me to the main point. These guild hall’s entry, to access it, could be set by managers anywhere in Tyria (except from instance of course).
As an example => Let say our guild hall is Fort Trinity. The area to access it would be at the gates of Fort Trinity : a bit like the acces point for personnal story.
But, note that I see this as an alternative entry , essentially for those who are not part of the guild. A player who’s in the guild should be able to access it from every capital.
This access could have the benefit to avoid the influx of players and limit their number in one place in the capitals, as well as letting the opportunity for players to appropriate some maps, thereby increasing their immersion and lets rooms for imagination.

It would be logical with this system to have a multitude of maps, some smaller then other in order to allow small guilds to have a hall of their own even a small one. It would also allow the players to see the evolution of their guild : the more upgrades it gets the more wider maps it unlock ; why not even add some « exclusive » maps for guilds that participate in some activities or if their members have unlock some specific succes. This way, playing in a guild would mean more than just collect Influence and badges of honor.

Of course, between the huge amount of guilds and the mega-server, it’s necesseray to add an alliance system, just like in GW1. There are certainly no more guild’s wars, but to let the possiblility for guilds to define some other guilds as allies, ennemis or neutral would allow to set the guild hall’s permissions, in order to manage it more easily.
- The entrance would only be visible to guilds that have an agreement (if I set that « neutra l » guilds can access my guild hall than their players will).
- Possible activities you could create would be between guilds friends / allies ( although I would like the return of GvG , we may carry out activities already in place on the game between guilds, as the Southsun Survival , or Sanctum Sprint … )
- Some parts of the guild hall could be forbidden, restricted or reserved for these friends/allies/neutral guilds (a « official » part and a more private part for the guild would be, in my opinion, a real asset.

Which allow me to add some suggestions for the permissions :
- Afford to have a list of friends/allies players without having to integrate the entire guild (which would avoid « forced » allaince made for wrong reasons)
- Let the possiblility to guild leaders to set accessible areas by particular rank (would be nice)
- Allow players to offer invitations to their Guild Hall, without having to add the player in their friends/allies/neutral list (single visit …)
- Add a /chan for friend/ally guilds (like the /chan « Alliance » on GW1)
- Having the choice to forbid or allow the invitation or particular member of an « ennemy » guild in the Guild Hall.
These are only ideas I would see in the setting panel on Guild Hall, but it would, in my opinion, be essential for better management of a area dedicated exclusively to place a set of player enjoying being together.

This said, I hardly imagine Guild Hall without the possibility to place in ti :
- Guild managers NPC
- Access to the guild’s safe and personnal safe
- A Black Lion merchant
- A common merchant : recycling tools, gathering tools etc …
- the crafting stations
- A Mystic forge
Of course, each items should be bought with Influence and/or Badges. the possibility to place them where we would still be a nice bonus.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Perlemu.8219

Perlemu.8219

[…]
Speaking of customization… An idea that I would love to see , but that would take a long time , would be to add fully customizable rooms.
- The setting : Being able to put an Asuran lab in a Human’s styled house or a leafy garden lost in a Charr complex…
- Permissions : restricted to one/several player(s) OR open to the whole guild (which rank can enter ? Friend/ally/neutral guilds ? )
- The additions : NPC ? Access to personnal/guild safe ? Access to guild acitvities . Etc…
This would still require the influence and / or badge, of course, but would enlarge even a small map without having to wait to unlock a bigger one. This should avoid to frustrate small guilds (small guild of friends who are not hardcore gamers). This is just an idea that I ‘d love to see , but I know it’s asking a lot !

I think I’ve review all the ideas I might have had about it in two years of play. I would just say that whatever you do , even a simple little map available to members of the guild would be wonderful to have. I know RolePlay players are not your primary concern , it is normal, but it would surprise me that we are the only ones who want a place « only » for us "… and the instanced home, without the possibility to group of more than five people are still too limited.

So we wait patiently , thank you for reading and wishing good luck to all Anet who gave us dream for 2 years , hoping it makes us dream again … and still more !

From P.A.R.I.S Asuran lab, with love.

Maé

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Proposal Overview
Guild hall decay
Goal of Proposal
Save some resources culling unused halls.
Proposal Functionality
Have guild halls revert to the basic starter form when a guild is inactive.
Guilds don’t deserve to lose what they have worked for, so all upgrades and built items essentially go into a guild wardrobe so the items and NPCs could be redeployed if the guild meets activity criteria again.
Associated Risks
Getting the timing or criteria wrong for active and alienating guilds putting away all their toys.

What resources are saved if all the data is still there? Are you assuming open world halls? With instancing, the data is there, but no instance is created unless a guild member goes to it. Thus there’s no need to “decay” the hall, your proposed function is seamlessly integrated already without anyone having to redeploy anything.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

For the joy of brainstorms! has anyone though on themes?
Example:

• The leader could choose “mordremoth” and the entire walls would be decorated with thorns.
  • He could also choose “Ice” and the ground would be replaced by ice.
  • Other possible themes could be Halloween, Fire, Snow, Swamp, Desert, Fog, Asura, Ascalonian, Charr, Metal, Grass…

I think the way to Unlock themes could be fun. Some of thems should be rewarded in an specific area/guild mission. Other themes could be maybe sold in the gemstore.

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

(edited by Elrey.5472)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Alethia.3597

What resources are saved if all the data is still there? Are you assuming open world halls? With instancing, the data is there, but no instance is created unless a guild member goes to it. Thus there’s no need to “decay” the hall, your proposed function is seamlessly integrated already without anyone having to redeploy anything.

Think big on customisation until we are told otherwise. A guild could choose to invest in a three storey 40 room main hall with 6 outlying smaller buildings each with their own orientation, colour channels, decorations on all surfaces, lighting colour scheme (I love that idea for whomever brought that up several pages back). My guild might choose to invest in 50 trees, half of which are altered to have purple leaves and 200 floating rocks to make jumping puzzles between the bank and the repair NPC.
Instead of having to store the individual placement and orientation of everything those 200 rocks could revert to being the equivalent of 200 crafting material in a bank tab for the servers. Same with all the items and rooms added on.

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Devata.6589

For the joy of brainstorms! has anyone though on themes?
Example:

• The leader could choose “mordremoth” and the entire walls would be decorated with thorns.
  • He could also choose “Ice” and the ground would be replaced by ice.
  • Other possible themes could be Halloween, Fire, Snow, Swamp, Desert, Fog, Asura, Ascalonian, Charr, Metal, Grass…

I think the way to Unlock themes could be fun. Some of thems should be rewarded in an specific area/guild mission. Other themes could be maybe sold in the gemstore.

Yeah we did think of that. When building your guild-hall there can be many type of walls (and other materials like decoration) so you can theme guild guild-hall the way you want. Of course you would need the blue-prints for those things. (or unlock it in some other way)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

I was going to jump in today but this morning I took our Golden Retriever to the vets this morning and he had to be put down.

We are all very upset and i need to spend time with my family. Hopefully this will be the end o the issues we are facing and I will be able to give you my full attention.

Sorry,

Chris

(edited by Chris Whiteside.6102)

CDI- Guilds- Guild Halls

in CDI

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Hi All,

I was going to jump in today but this morning I took our Golden Retriever to the vets and he was put down.

We are all very upset and i need to spend time with my family. Hopefully this will be the end o the issues we are facing and I will be able to give you my full attention.

Sorry,

Chris

oooh.

My condolences, I’ve had that experience . . . even with cats, it wasn’t pleasant.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.