CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

beyond this subject, and maybe GvG, is there really any chance anything discussed has a hope on a prayer of being implemented?

guild halls….lol.

i’ll definitely stay tuned to this CDI, at least. good stuff so far.

Yes

Not enough characters blah…

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Proposal Overview
Individual guild chat channels

Goal of Proposal
To remedy the social gap resulting from the multi-guild system letting players casually stand down.

• Allow players to interact with all guilds they have joined, representing or not.
  • Somewhat relieve guilds from requiring guild-rep policies due to increased chat-activity and ability to more easily rally players for major events.

Proposal Functionality
In chat tab settings, rather than simply ‘Guild Chat", every relevant guild will have a check box. In actual chat, players in guild chat will have a mini-version of their guild’s emblem displayed before their name, allowing players to discern who is from where.

In choosing which guild to type to, players will have to target the desired channel by /g1, /g2, and so on, possibly with a prompt as to which guild is represented by what number.

Example: Guilds listed in players’ UI are "Guild of Guildies, Cocoa Pandas, and Starlight Crusaders

• /g1 displays “guild 1 – Guild of Guildies”
  • /g3 displays “guild 3 – Starlight Crusaders”

Associated Risks

• Increase in channels may make chat navigation cumbersome. (The current limit to 5 guilds should minimize this)
  • Members sharing multiple guilds may find conversations fragmented – Time required for community to adjust and learn to form a party or Represent the same guild to resolve issue.
  • Spam – Can be regulated on player-side with tab-management.
“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in CDI

Posted by: CyClotroniC.4957

CyClotroniC.4957

Proposal Overview:
Info Card – extra information on player on hovering over their names

Goal of Proposal:
Allow players to share their
- character/account age
- profession they spent the most time on (main)
- PvP, WvW, Fractals ranks
- Commander Badge status (do they have one or not)
This should help new guild mates and bigger guilds to have a quick idea about barely known members + it’s just generaly a cool thing to have.

Proposal Functionality:
Like I said, by hovering over player names could bring up a slightly bigger box with the above mentioned information. You can add it to the options too, so everyone can decide on sharing or not sharing these information (maybe having a third option for sharing it with friends/guildmates only). It even can be a more global feature.

Associated Risks:
Might raise player-elitism, and I’m completely against that, but I’m willing to stay optimistic about it and have hope in our community.

Necros need more love… seriously. – http://necroaming.tumblr.com/

(edited by CyClotroniC.4957)

in CDI

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

Proposal Overview
Currently for the Guild bank, there is the the Guild Stash, Treasure Trove and Deep Cave. However, the permissions only allow access to the Guild Stash and Treasure Trove, with Deep Cave permissions the same as the Treasure Trove. I propose that additional permissions be added specifically for the Deep Cave.

Goal of Proposal
Greater control in who can access what in guild banks. Use it as an incentive to ranking up. Prevent members from clearing a guild bank because they can access both Treasure Trove and Deep Cave.

Proposal Functionality
Add 2 more checkboxes for Deep Cave withdrawing and depositing, or make 1 checkbox for Deep Cave with permissions for both withdrawing and depositing.

Associated Risks
People.

in CDI

DreamOfACure.4382

Proposal Overview
Guild Recruitment board

Goal of Proposal

• Allow new players to seek out guilds that suit their needs.
  • Give veteran recruiters an easy method of attracting new members
  • Relief map chat players who often view guild-recruitment statements as spam due to common size of text.

Proposal Functionality
Stationary notice boards appropriately placed in every city (and possibly large villages) similar to a banking NPC where recruiters may register their guild, type in a short message about their guilds appealing traits, and have their guild’s member total, content-focus, upgrade-tier-levels, etc..

• New players will be directed to these boards when they open their guild window or if they ask a guide NPC for directions and select “Guild Recruitment Board” as their desired destination.
  • Creating or modifying one’s guild’s listing requires authorization, such rights are controlled by guild leader(s) similar to guild bank access.

Limit 1 listing per guild. Listings will display registrations made from anywhere in the game and across servers. Search functionality with category-refinement is a given.

Associated Risks

• Misuse of notice board; requires “report listing” function; may require occasional moderating and guild tier-level restriction.

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in CDI

Posted by: Sungak Alkandenes.1369

Sungak Alkandenes.1369

If Yalora’s remaining posts are like the ones so far, I’ll just +1 the lot of them (even though I have some minor disagreements, they’re mostly at the nitpick level).

-=-=-=-

Chris, would it be possible for you to explain the current state of your ‘Guild Permission’ system, even if its a 200 foot view?

Right now, I see the permission system to be similar to UNIX’s ‘user/group/all’ config. What some of us are asking for is something a bit more granular, and I don’t think the current system will support that very well (please correct if wrong). I think its a good idea for us to know how easy/hard it will be for you to extend it; we don’t need the details, just a ‘SWAG’ type statement will do.

And I certainly don’t want it too complicated – like Eve for example (where a dive into a Corp Roles change can leave you wanting a stiff drink). The ability for you you to (internally) assign a simple role list to an easily expandable list of categories would probably be best, if that’s not done already.

“The Meta Game does not stop at the game. Ever.” — Me
I like to view MMOs through the lazy eye of a Systems Admin, and the critical eye of a
Project Manager. You’ve been warned. ;-)

in CDI

Posted by: fictitiousacct.1782

fictitiousacct.1782

Proposal Overview
View the last time someone represented the guild.

Goal of Proposal
We now can see the last time someone was online, instead I find it is way more important to see when someone last represented our guild and see who is active in the guild. This would show who reps simply during large events such as guild missions and who reps frequently.

Proposal Functionality
Have a column added to either the roster or the general guild page.

Associated Risks
Guilds getting stricter on rep policies.

in CDI

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

I feel like currently Anet is underutilizing the “Guild World Events” mechanic for Guild. Right now all it is, is a way for mega-boss slaying Guilds to get around a mega-boss schedule. I feel as if placing either weekly or one-time reward to the Guild/ guild members who spawned it would encourage more Guilds to go out and kill the 2 hardest bosses in the game….. and the Karka Queen. Not to mention restricting it to 3 bosses seems restrictive and it could easily be used for other world bosses or even old events that aren’t lore correct right now (Marionette….)

Retired Leader of TTS

(edited by guardian.6489)

in CDI

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I don’t have anything original to contribute now, but I’ve really liked some of the proposals and wanted to make a little digest of the best ideas:

• Guild-wide messaging system of some kind, whether by in-game mail or mass chat messaging or both
  • More granular management of ranks, roles, and permissions
  • Guild member tool tip hover in the roster
  • Guild-only group tags similar to the commander tag. Only guild members see them
  • Ability to create large subgroups within the guild, similar to a raid party, with its attendant communication needs such as chat channels and other elements
  • Ability to create an alliance out of multiple guilds, with its attendant communication needs such as chat channels and other elements
  • Guild event calendar interface
  • More robust API for guild information
The obstacle is the path.

in CDI

DreamOfACure.4382

Proposal Overview
Guild HQ marker

Goal of Proposal
In lieu of guild halls, allow the guild leader to designate a marker on the mini-map as the guild’s main hangout to nurture internal community.

Proposal Functionality
Guild leader will have a “Designate HQ” button in Guild UI that, upon being clicked, will prompt a confirm message and, when confirmed, place their guild emblem on the mini-map and world map, just like a personal waypoint marker.

Emblem will have a generic house or castle sketch as a backdrop to both symbolize a pseudo-home and differentiate itself from my previous Guild commander tag idea.

Cannot be placed inside instances (due to current party-related restrictions). Cannot be placed in WvW or PvP. Cooldown restricted to encourage serious designations.

Associated Risks

• Conflict with multi-level areas may confuse players – If adjusted for height, it should be fine.
  • Hangouts in higher level areas can endanger members, may need level-restriction on visibility.

in CDI

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Guys, this is about guild logistics and qol. I see a lot of people suggesting things not related to this whatsoever.

in CDI

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

Yup, my bad. Gonna delete mine now.

But totally need to remember to come to the Guild Content CDI to suggest Guild Raids again…

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

(edited by Boottspurr.9184)

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

But totally need to remember to come to the Guild Content CDI to suggest Guild Raids again…

We will be discussing ideas around Guild Raids.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Chris

Thank you very much!!!

in CDI

Posted by: Boottspurr.9184

Boottspurr.9184

Chris

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Boottspurr from World of Enders [WoE]

in CDI

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Chris

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Hehe <3 to you to!

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Spartacus.9743

Spartacus.9743

Proposal Overview:

1. Improve guild description,
2. Shoutbox for guild event announcement (only by leader),
3. New guild missions, guild missions reward improvement,
4. guild istanced raid..

Goal of proposal:
Give a sense to the guild instead of simple tag and name..

Proposal Functionality:
1. Give the chance to guilds to have a place where describe what they do how they play and put some info about the guild itself,, with a separate window like guild activities, upgrades, roster, where ppl can also give info about events guild missions etc.

2. With a shoutbox (like the yellow patch message), guild leaders can alert their guild mates for an event start or every other important announcement. This could be helpful with guild mates that sometimes has difficult to read chat while playing (new players also has trouble with chat)..
The only problem could be the abuse of this shoutbox, but honestly i will leave every guild that has a spammer guild leader :P

3. More guild missions= More guild play, more friendly play, more fun
The only problem this equation has, is the lack of a fondamental thing needed on every game: LOOT
Add some unique guild skin (yes, actually guild skin are not much invitant..), add more rare drops from the chest, give gold give more commendation but give us something to “hope” to obtain with guild missions…
And yea, new guild mission cause we want some new stuff honestly..

4. Guild istanced raid… Just the word raid will full the adrenaline bar of every nerfed warrior on the game..
I see guild raids starting with an npc near an asura gate, like fractal, where the leader or an officer should pick the number of partecipant (10-149?), with more ppl partecipating = little +% to drop some good stuff…
This event should be more hard and challenging than the guild missions, you can also have the chance to repropose the fantastic Marionette to initiate ppl to different dynamics respect the 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 other activities

Associated Risks:
Too much fun will kill us?

in CDI

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

Since my proposal would be, as others have said, GvG and Guild Halls, plus QoL like alliances, can we get a bit of the C for “collaborative” from the Dev side?

Whether it’s Chris, or Colin, or someone working in upper management or other direction, and whether it’s in this thread or the guild content one: Can a developer or management talk us through the design process behind Guilds for GW2? Guild Halls and GvG were absolutely core to Guild Wars 1. Why Guild Wars 2 launched without either is beyond me.

There’s only so much we as players can speculate, ask for, and discuss. It falls on the developers to help us out, and tell us whether it was programming problems, or deadlines, or what have you, on why the game launched without these features. That’s an essential part of talking to your players and helping them understand. Two years later and we’ll all still very confused and in the dark about why these things weren’t in at launch, and why we haven’t seen them two years later. It would be such a burden off our shoulders, and allow us to sympathize with Anet, as well as contribute to discussion in a meaningful context, if we know why that’s been the case.

in CDI

Posted by: Oldyoung.6109

Oldyoung.6109

Proposal Overview:
Centralized in-game guild advertising

Goal of Proposal:
for someone who doesn’t have a guild it can be hard to find a guild that’s right for you and for someone who wants to advertise their guild it can be hard to find people with similar interests especially if real life taps you on the shoulder.

also reduces map chat spam.

Proposal Functionality:
players go to a specific npc or signpost which opens a menu of available guilds with their name, emblem, number of players, and a description set by members of that guild with the appropriate permissions.
players can then choose to apply to a guild that guild officers may then accept or deny.

Associated Risks:
Inactive guild clutter
guild descriptions not matching the what the guild actually does
descriptions that violate the ToS; hate-speech, gold selling, etc.
depending on how it’s implemented it could require a considerable amount of work and maintenance.

in CDI

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Proposal Overview:
Guild Instances

Goal of Proposal:
To help with QoL issues for Guild missions, boss runs, RP, and various other guild activities.

Proposal Functionality:
Purchased/activated with influence and/or merits by a guild leader or officer (changeable permissions), creates a new instance of a chosen map for a determined amount of time. All representing members of the guild may enter this instance through the guild menu. This would be ideal for guild missions, guild boss or event runs, or guild RP. Ideally, guild-instances of city maps would have the areas which are normally instance-only available as part of the main instance for this last purpose.

Associated Risks:
Possible server load restrictions do to increased map instances, possible issues combining the small instance-areas in cities into the larger instance, and of course possible map population decrease during boss events and in cities

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

in CDI

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

Proposal Overview
Provide information regarding when members last represented the guild.

Goal of Proposal
It’s not possible to tell when someone last represented the guild, which is very important for many guild leaders & members. Make this information available.

Proposal Functionality
Either add a ‘last represented’ date column (ideal)
or
replace the ‘last online’ column (not very useful for guilds) with a ‘last represented’ column.

Personally, I’d like to have both available, but if I had to choose I’d prefer the date they last represented.

Associated Risks
It might confuse users under level 78 </sarcasm>

None, really. It does, however, depend on having this information retained either on a per-user/guild basis (not unreasonable – simply add a date field w/ the 5 guild slots) or via the guild system, so it updates when someone stops representing.

in CDI

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Proposal Overview
Remove suppression on mail between guild members (different from above proposals as I intend this to include sending items, not just messages).

Goal of Proposal
Allow guild groups to share cookies, food, potions for dungeon runs, to hand out prizes in guild contests, to give away piles of dye to guildies, to in general be able to be generous.

Proposal Functionality
Pretty much as described above. When sending items to guildmates actively representing in the same guild, suppression will not kick in even if you send twenty (random large number, don’t hold me to it) mails in succession each holding items.

Associated Risks
Gold sellers might find a way to get people in guilds for the purpose of mass-selling. Perhaps there could be a delay in access to the function, where someone must have been a member for a week, or even a month, with a certain amount of active rep time (during which time the seller could be banned and the guild dissolved if discovered). And handing out gold could be subject to normal suppression.

in CDI

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

Chris

We’ll be talking about this and write up a unified idea for Guild Raids at GW2Community.com. We’ll post here as soon as we have it worked out. ^^
Thank you for your time.

in CDI

Posted by: AlienMenace.7516

AlienMenace.7516

Proposal Overview: Give guilds options to make horizontal as well as vertical ranks.

Goal of Proposal: Right now guilds can only have vertical “I am either above you in rank or below you in rank” setups. Where guilds do different things, you might want certain people only in charge of certain other people. This is a problem.

Proposal Functionality: By allowing horizontal tiers of ranks as well, people can be placed in charge of only the relevant players they should be handling.

Associated Risks: The system could allow small guilds to merge while retaining their own separate identities, for example, with the absorbed guild leader remaining in direct charge of their old guild, but all nested in a larger guild. I guess this could be… bad?

This diagram might help explain. The lines show where a higher tier can actually modify or control a lower tier.

in CDI

Posted by: Zesbeer.8365

Zesbeer.8365

stuff about last represented

Associated Risks
None, really. It does, however, depend on having this information retained either on a per-user/guild basis (not unreasonable – simply add a date field w/ the 5 guild slots) or via the guild system, so it updates when someone stops representing.

The risk is that it will make guilds that didn’t have strict rep requirements, have them.

I also think that rep requirements (which is the main reason you want this) is something that should just be changed or removed. it goes counter to wanting to allow players to be in more then one guild at a time.

in CDI

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Proposal Overview

Allow some sort of affinity group identity for players or guilds in addition to simply guild identity so that different guilds can be grouped together into alliances on megaservers based on common interests without necessarily representing a single common guild. The goal is to provide a mechanism through which players can undo some of the problems they perceive with megaservers and to help ANet sort players by common interest into them.

Goal of Proposal

To allow smaller guild to maintain an independent identity while being able play with other smaller or larger guilds. To make it easier for guilds to group by play style affinity or any other reason without necessarily having to represent the same guild.

Players grouped by server identity before megaservers (so there was, for example, and “unofficial role-playing server”) but now players get mixed on megaservers with people and guilds who are often essentially strangers and who might not share the same play style. So players interested in role-playing could join a “Roleplayer” affinity group that would try to put them into megaservers with other role-players. One could create a server identity group to restore some of the server identity that was lost and perhaps such a grouping could be a default. Basically, give the players a way to sort themselves out by interest in a way that doesn’t involve joining a single guild and representing it because there are various reasons why people might not want to do that.

Then give the players a sort of affinity chat option, where they could send messages to members of their affinity groups or perhaps just an individually specified (like a whisper) group. So, if I wanted to whisper to other Eredon Terrace players and was part of an Eredon Terrace affinity group, I could chat just to those players on the map. Role-players could likewise communicate exclusively with other role-players, and so on.

In the future, this could be used as a way of letting WvW players group together independent of server identity, too.

Proposal Functionality

The game would start with a set of affinity groups by default. For example, each server could have an affinity group (that only players from that server could then choose to drop or maybe have to add to get it) and there would be affinity groups for Role-Players, WvWers, PvPers, Beginners, Low-Population, Medium-Population, High-Population, and whatever else seems appropriate. A guild or individual players (it could work either way) can then choose affinity groups that will have a large impact on what megaservers they are sorted on to beyond party membership. The Population affinities would let a player communicate whether they want to play on a crowded megaserver, a sparsely populated megaserver, or something in between to support different playstyles rather than packed megaservers as a default.

You could then allow guilds, with influence points, build their own affinity groups that either other players or guilds could join or that perhaps they maintain control of and have to invite people into. Overall, this would allow guild alliances without requiring the loss of individual guild identity. This could, at some point, be used as a mechanism to allow very large guilds to purchase their own megaserver instances, perhaps temporary, if not permanent, and allow other guilds to enter them through invitation to an affinity group.

Finally, through default affinity groups, ANet could use this to get some sense of how the players see themselves and their play and what they get out of the game. Basically, it could be used as a sort of player poll.

Associated Risks

There will still be challenges sorting players into megaservers, especially if they have conflicting affinities already split across multiple servers. Megaservers will still fill up isolating some players from others with the same affinity. Players choosing low-population megaservers will require ANet to have more megaservers available. Players may find selecting affinities daunting or confusing so they’ll need sensible defaults.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in CDI

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

A method to announce guild events threw the registered account email how this might work is that the guild leader has a place in the guild window that they can type the event announcement then it is sent out to all active guild members registered account email. Most people can get email on there phones now so guild leader can remind people of upcoming guild events. These announcements email could be limited to a number of emails sent a week and cost guild influence to send to prevent spamming also no email addresses will be visible in game for security concerns just the text field will appear and the emailing process is totally automated so there is no access to anyone’s email address.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

in CDI

Posted by: Jaia.4219

Jaia.4219

Proposal Overview
Guild alliance system to allow multiple friendly guilds to share common features and build an allied community.

Goal of Proposal
Currently, allied guilds are forced to employ special ranks and cross-guild membership to coordinate events. For instance, my guild of 200+ members and another medium-sized guild on SBI are allied. Several leaders and officers in my guild (myself included) maintain an ambassador-type rank in our allied guild, and vice versa. If we want to group up for an event, coordinate dungeon runs, or just enjoy each others’ company (which we do – hi WwCd!) we have to arrange for invites for members and all meet up in one guild/chat channel.

Guild alliances would streamline this process by increasing communication and interaction between members of allied guilds. It would remove the requirement of having members of one guild belong to the other guild within their own specific rank (which, frankly, looks a little bad when you look at the guild roster and half your “members” aren’t representing). More importantly, it would bring more players together and build communities. Aww, friendship!

Proposal Functionality
I suggest a structured guild alliance system within the existing guild framework. Alliances could have a certain cost to form and require officers and/or leaders from at least 2 guilds to create (signing the alliance charter or some such). Alliances should have features common to all member guilds, such as chat channel, specialized permissions, and cross-alliance buffs that cost more to unlock but benefit all alliance members. I would also love to see alliances have a shared calendar & message space, and that leaders of allied guilds have the ability to message all alliance members at once (however, these are not currently features of guilds – although I believe those would be beneficial features, that is a topic for a separate post).

Associated Risks
Possible spam between allied guilds which might lead to conflict (although good guilds should be capable of handling this). Big guilds might merge into bigger alliances, and this might… upset people somehow? Honestly, I imagine the ability to form alliances as a pretty low impact feature. It would aid in communication and bring guild-based communities closer together. Any risks associated with more people interacting more might apply here, though.

(edited by Jaia.4219)

in CDI

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Lets see how many pages of comments we get this time, and then wait and see how many of those suggestions will be implemented or discussed. Last time we had 30 pages of great suggestions by players and all were ignored.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in CDI

Posted by: Wonderly.1324

Wonderly.1324

I would like to be able to search the guild roster using the name of a guildie’s character even if they are offline (instead of having to remember/search by their account name)

in CDI

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Guild Mission Management Control
1) Set a flag option for only x rank to talk to NPC’s to start
Reason, not entirely sure why everyone in the guild should have the ability to start that just seems to invite issues.

Automated Buff Queues
1) Have the ability to auto start guild buffs when one expires if one is available.
Reason, seems silly to have to be online every 12hours, sometimes life prohibits that and being a casual game you should have systems in place to support it.

in CDI

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Sorry, I know this doesn’t fit in with the CDI, but I still feel it needs to be addressed. After the last few CDI’s and seeing the results of those (not all bad). I just don’t see the point. I’ve lost faith that the studio is taking us seriously and just paying lip service.

I sincerely hope that you improve guilds by adding GvG, Guild Halls, Alliances, and larger roster size. I’d really like to see the word Guild in Guild Wars to really mean something then it does now.

I hope things are changed in the right direction without the need for gates, locks, and nerfs. But I won’t get my hopes up.

in CDI

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Well, you’re still talking about guild management so it could be worse.

I’d be rather surprised if guild halls / GvG aren’t in the pipeline by now, but building GW1-style halls may take a long time. CDI will still be a useful resource for ANet to compare what they’re working on with what players are asking for. They just can’t comment on progress.

in CDI

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Remember, Chris punched out around 6pm PST so you won’t see anything from him until morning PST.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

in CDI

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

Well, you’re still talking about guild management so it could be worse.

I’d be rather surprised if guild halls / GvG aren’t in the pipeline by now, but building GW1-style halls may take a long time. CDI will still be a useful resource for ANet to compare what they’re working on with what players are asking for. They just can’t comment on progress.

I see your point, but it seems to me the majority of the community assumed that halls and GvG was in the pipeline two years ago.

in CDI

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Proposal Overview: An in-game guild calendar system that would allow for posting notices of events as well as for guild members to respond (will attend….will not attend…tentative…unsure…etc.)

Goal of Proposal: To allow for scheduling diverse guild events that might not be recurring events in a way that will allow guild members to quickly see “what is going on.” It can also help event planners to gauge interest in an event so that they do not plan to do something and then have no one show up.

Functionality: I envision this as a calendar format accessible from within the guild panel. By clicking on a day, an initiator could bring up a dialogue window that would allow them to create an event, set criteria or parameters for participation, and create a sign-up list based on the guild roster that would allow a person to accept, decline, tentative accept, etc.

Associated Risks: The two big things that I see as risks are (1) having a large number of members that do not check the guild panel and (2) having the inevitable problem of people who sign up but do not show up at events. Both of these situations, which do not seem unlikely at all, could render this less effective.

in CDI

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

beyond this subject, and maybe GvG, is there really any chance anything discussed has a hope on a prayer of being implemented?

guild halls….lol.

i’ll definitely stay tuned to this CDI, at least. good stuff so far.

Yes

Chris

history mostly says otherwise (2+ years of observing what gets implemented and how devs respond to certain types of requests on the forum)…but i’ll relish being wrong.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in CDI

Posted by: Painture.3924

Painture.3924

Proposal Overview:

Guild recruitment.
Guild searching.

Goal of Proposal:

A better Way to recruit players for a guild/join a Guild

Proposal Functionality:

A “Blackboard” in a City ( Lions Arch) where Guilds can search for Members.
New Players could then go to this Blackboard, search a Guild (sorted by criteria’s) and send an “Join-Request” to the designated Person in the Guild.

Possible Filters (tagable by Guildleader/Officer):
PvE
PvP
WvW
GvG
DUngeon
Fractal
Worldbosse
Roleplay
Language

Associated Risks:

Other than that the recruit-section in the forum could be empty…i dont know any risks!

in CDI

Posted by: Oren.1736

Oren.1736

Improved Guild Buffs

Proposal Overview
Currently maintaining the various guild buffs is rather tedious and limiting would like to see some QOL changes. With how q’ing buffs works, you need to wait quite a long while for certain buffs to be researched, for example if we take the wvw buffs, the +5 supply takes 16 hours for 200 influence and the buff maintains 12 hours. Too add to that, there are many other keep related buffs that one would want to have, and there is a max 3 items queuing at a time. In practice what this makes is that we either have enough influence to speed up research or we don’t, and maintaining a constant buff during the whole day is quite annoying and not fluent. this is especially relevant for wvw since the pve buffs are mostly 24 hour format, but the q’ing remains a problem for guilds that want to have many ongoing buffs for more then 1 aspect of game. This issue relates only to buffs, all the +5% experiences and vitality and crafting success, not to general research progress and special guild events.

Goal of Proposal
Make being in a guild more rewarding, and for guilds to have more of a presence via their buff, by making all guild buffs in a 24-h format and instantly bought under a new price instead of researched via a queue.

Proposal Functionality
I would like to see buffs changed to instant buy format over research time gated, and have:
– A 24 h format (no more 12 hour buffs), and adjust influence pricing accordingly.
- Can be overwritten, so if on sunday i activated a 24h experience buff at 9 am, i can at 8 am monday reactivate it for 24 hours and not have to wait for buff to finish, makes managing easier.
This will allow for example guilds that maintain buffs on claimed keeps to maintain a proper 24 hour buff and not have what happens mostly, that midday buffs are gone and we need to ask who claimed keep and to declaim and for another to claim, its just cumbersome.
Additionally it allows guilds to have buffs even when they are q’ing week long stuff .

Associated Risks
if buffs would be purchased instead of time gated researched the expected increase in price would probably be harder for smaller guilds that don’t generate as much influence.

Thanks for taking notice.

S U P E R Oron – [TCHU]
Charr Guardian – Gandara(EU)
“KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOMS”

(edited by Oren.1736)

in CDI

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

Proposal Overview
Full UI customization (with no addons)

Goal of Proposal
Since Gw2 client wont support any form of addon or UI mod, th eplayer need to have full customization of their UI.

Proposal Functionality
For start every basic element on the default UI (aka, Health Bar, Ability bar, Quest tracker, Mini Map, Event Tracker) these need to have seperate settings like: size, position, and in the future maybe even visual customization like color or different boarders etc. I think is essential having highly customizable UI, i would recommend a look at MMOs like EvE online and SWTOR, EvE doesnt support UI addons or mods but it has a very very customizable UI.

Associated Risks
The only risks i can think of is probably new bugs that will occur when this is applied, apart from that is only a win win thing since every player will have the UI that desires without using 3rd party addons

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in CDI

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Chris,

Could you maybe explain the pillars of “the guild experience” as ArenaNet views them?

I’ve never understood why the free time of “guild players” is considered so much more valuable that Developers spend coder hours on things that only that sub-set of the player-base will ever experience, while the independent player is expected to either bow down or lump it. Do guild players on average buy more gems or something?

And its not just a binary guild/not guild split. The standard model (which is already plainly manifest in GW2) is to go on and systematical gate smaller “family-sized” guilds from many rewards. There are some distinct break points between what a small guild can get/do, and the activities and rewards that open up for bigger guilds.

I have more specific questions, examples, and a few suggestions (you’re surprised, I know) but understanding the developer perspective would give me a lot better context.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in CDI

Nike.2631

Yes

Chris

Forum pro-tip: spaces count towards the fifteen character requirement. You can just bang on your space-bar a few times to leave short replies .

in CDI

Nike.2631

See?

in CDI

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

Some QoL that I would need a LOT:

• making choose guild account wide (1 account 1 guild selected) Sometimes I change guild and then I forget, relog to another character and then I’m unaware that one of my characters is in wrong guild.
  • visible guild chat. When I relog I loose all my guild chat. Even if I reloged to character in a different guild I should not get this. Maybe a tag with guild name in chat to notice that this was in another guild.
  • splitting admin rights to: kick, invite, promote, demote etc
  • double click to throw item in guild bank (that I can take it back from, if I only can deposit make it so you need to manually slide the item.
  • (similar) double click to take item out of guild bank.
  • guild members have got to show up on the map. (like party members but then orange)
  • option Guild Deep Cave Withdraw and Deposit
  • stacking in the guild bank should be possible wihtout first moving it to your own inventory.
  • account names shown next to character name, so I notice when someone talks after relog and don’t mistake him/her for a new person.
  • guild halls (instead of personal instances – like the chunk of Divinity Reach or maybe EoTN will finally get some love…
  • tab for long text named “Guild Rules”
  • another tab for long texts with customizable tab name (maybe few tabs)
  • Guild callender – oh yes, we need that a lot. It should allow you create events, sign up for them (with info statuses customizable like: I will be for sure, I might be, I will not be cause RL happened),
  • create tree with people/ranks for better clarity instead just roster and rank in plain list
  • notes for each guild member to write and to be seen by others
  • (maybe notes that you can make about each person on your friend list – I know it’s off topic)
  • automated buff queues (with options like run it every Saturday on xx:yy)
  • automated build queues (always try to have 5 of these in store (add to queue just when last one was used)) and notifications for (selected person) when something can’t be built.
  • guild alliances. Maybe based on GW1 or better system.
  • GvG of course…
  • guild commander? – visible only for guild
  • no “Message suppressed due to excessive messaging” message when mailing guild-members
  • creating an e-mail to entire guild or rank selection.

Thats all. I hope you find it helpful.
Especially fix cleared guild chat please, that’s the most annoying thing like ever.

(edited by Septemptus.7164)

in CDI

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Proposal Overview
Display MOTD in chat

Goal of Proposal
Most people don’t open the guild tab to read the message of the day. Displaying MOTD in chat will increase the communication reach between guild and the members.

Proposal Functionality
When the member logon or begin representing, display the MOTD in the chatline.

Associated Risks
Abuse in text form by irresponsible guild leaders. Not a big risk, members can choose to stay there or leave it.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in CDI

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

As commendable as this initiative is…. the things people are really interested in seeing are relatively complex and content-heavy things like GvG, Guild Halls, Guild Raids etc. If these are not yet in development, then it’ll be at least a year before they can be released, if not longer. Or, if they are already quite far into development, I’m unsure what the purpose of this discussion is beyond some minor UI tweaks.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in CDI

SkyShroud.2865

Proposal Overview
Mess mailing to members by ranks or to all.

Goal of Proposal
Some guilds might want to inform certain group of people that they are being kicked due to inactive, as a form of formality. Some leaders might want to communicate with their officers about certain plans. Etc Etc Etc. Allowing individuals who are given the rights to mess mail to communicate with the selected members of given ranks will provide greater reach in communication between selected ranks.

Proposal Functionality
An additional mailing communication tab in the guild tab or a revamp of existing mail system. An additional tab in the guild tab will be more logical than revamping the existing mail system since this functionality is related to the guild system.

There should be a new permission setting (in rank) on who are allowed to use the mail system. There should be a global limit on how many mail can be sent, for example, two mess mail per 5min.

Associated Risks
Abuse in mail form by irresponsible guild leaders, including gold sellers. Not a big risk, members can choose to stay there or leave it.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in CDI

Nike.2631

•stacking in the guild bank should be possible without first moving it to your own inventory.

Not possible for technical reasons – multiple people may be manipulating the guildbank contents at the same time. The current system prevents that from going horribly awry or being purposefully manipulated.

in CDI

SkyShroud.2865

Proposal Overview
Displaying members’ representing percentage.

Goal of Proposal
This is mainly for large guild with large number of members. There are some guilds with some level of flexibility but there might be players who are exploiting these flexibilities inorder for them to make use of large guilds’ resources (which are contributed by legit members) while enjoying benefits from other guilds. So, guild leaders and officers might want to know the amount of time individuals has spent representing the guild.

Proposal Functionality
An additional column in the guild members tab which display the representing percentage of the members. If anet did not keep track of such data, then, it is good to start from 100%. It might be good to reset the data every week or bi-weekly or monthly, in order to ensure the data maintain certain level of accuracy.

Associated Risks
Use more resources on the server-side. Guild server might become more sluggish.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in CDI

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Someone mentioned it above, but it’s worth mentioning again

Proposal Overview

Increase functionality of multi-guilding

Goal of Proposal

To improve communications with the player across all the guilds they belong to. Currently, multi-guilding has the same effect of leaving one guild and joining another. Players cannot see the guild chat of their other guilds, so have no idea if their friends or guildies in another guild are doing something they might like to do, or indeed having a conversation they might enjoy.

This leads to a feeling of disconnection between the player and guilds other than the one they are representing and makes the multi-guild facility of limited value

Proposal Functionality

Expand the chat tabs to either have a separate tab per guild they belong to, or use a different color per guild and use a command such as /g1, /g2 etc etc to use them.

Associated Risks

The only risks I can see is that of additional load on the chat server with the extra tabs, and perhaps expanding the chat window into ‘sacred’ areas of the UI

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005