CDI- Guilds- Logistics and QOL

in CDI

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Proposal Overview
Introduce instanced raid content (pve)

goal of proposal
Permanent always available repeatable endgame content for my guild or large collection of friends. The goal of this proposal is to create lasting permanent content which is actually challenging. This is because I seek a challenge out of a game, especially at endgame. With challenging content becomes the need to control who is in it with me. Things like Tequatl don’t have this kind of control even though they could be considered raid content.

Proposal Functionality
With parts of the living story release come new raid instances. These expand on parts of the story you would want to have flow but want to make challenging. Say for instance the last part of the living story where you killed Scarlet was a 10 man instance where you have to fight through her top lieutenants/generals to finally get to her.

There can be other raids that are just part of the lore. I don’t know, be creative.

An additional guild mission can be added to assault a location within a raid instance.

Rewards for raid bosses should almost always be rare/exotic gear or higher with ascended mats other than dragonite/fragements/dust. They should have a strong chance to drop ascended gear too.
associated risks
Instanced raid content comes with the risk of having players kicked out for not being good enough for the challenge. This happens in other games with large raids (especially world of warcraft). Such players should be encouraged not to just pick-up-group the raids but run them with their guild. I know I personally didn’t do many raids in WoW because the players running them had them achievement gated or some other requirement. The ones I did participate in were fun though.

Little red Lioka

in CDI

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

I see a variety of comments on feeling more attachment to a specific guild and a lot of talk of the # of guilds people are a part of and the fear that is causing a lack of attachment. This lack of attachment keeps players players from being compelled to belong to any of their guilds instead of being compelled to belong to all of them (which was the original intention of this design of guilds as more social groups rather than as exclusive cliques).

I’d love to see some discussion on how we could create greater attachment to a single guild without taking away the current value of membership in multiple guilds.

I think that involves some discussion of the following.

1) What is currently a part of being in a guild that can’t be taken away, and why would it be bad to take it away?
2) Is there anything that is currently part of being in a guild that could be taken away and given to a more focused guild association? What could we do to mitigate some of the negativity of taking away current functionality? For example replace it on all guilds or enhance it for the one guild that it is tied to?
3) What kind of features are there that don’t even exist yet that would really only make sense with a more fixed association with a single guild?

A lot of good design discussions come from answering these questions anyway which I would summarize as what can/can’t we take away? What can/can’t we change? What can/can’t we add? I ask them in that order because it’s generally the order that they are easiest to implement in.

Jon

in CDI

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Maybe for people that represent fewer guilds, perhaps reward the amount of influence they earn for those guilds.

I founded and lead my own guild, repping it 99% of the time, so for my case maybe influence i earn for my own guild could be increased, and it stays in effect until i rep other guilds more frequently.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in CDI

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I see a variety of comments on feeling more attachment to a specific guild and a lot of talk of the # of guilds people are a part of and the fear that is causing a lack of attachment. This lack of attachment keeps players players from being compelled to belong to any of their guilds instead of being compelled to belong to all of them

With all due respect Mr. Peters,

I believe the ability to join multiple guilds on this game is should not have existed at all. Very simply, it discourages guild loyalty and defeats the entire purpose of joining a guild in the first place.

Guilds are supposed to be a dedicated, close knit group of people. An ideal scenario would be a flourishing, active community in-game AND outside of the game, supported by communication programs such as IRC/forums/voice. The system now? Guilds having half the people not representing. Highly inactive/non-existent offsite interaction. Guilds are typically a hi-bye affair in the game.

People who say “I represent this guild today for WvW, then that guild tomorrow for PvE”this isn’t how guilds are supposed to work. In my opinion anyway. Guilds are groups where people do different things together – not a “I come as I like” place. People who represent different guilds on different days as and when they like are akin to clan-hoppers.

But obviously, this isn’t just the fault of guild hoppers alone. The guild system design in this game is absolutely sub par – you want people to know as many different groups of people as possible, but do not allow players to participate in the chat of guilds they are not representing. This, to me is the biggest problem about the guild system, because it renders useless the participation of a player, simply because he/she does not know what is happening in other guilds.

I respect your decision to give people the ability to join multiple guilds, but I still believe it was a wrong one.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in CDI

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

a couple QoL improvements i would like to see:
1. the ability to drop claim on a wvw structure without reclaiming another
2. the ability to override a claim if no wvw related buffs are active but i have 1 or some active
3. eliminate the time gate for claiming structures when my guild isnt the one that did the most damage / had the most bodies present

its not that i want to troll by superceding another guild’s claim, its that i cant spread my supply buff around everywhere when i roam solo and run in to other groups that wont necessarily have anything active but could really use the buff(s)… its one of the few places in the game where i literally cant help out my fellow players because of the design.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in CDI

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Proposal Overview
Introduce Guild Specializations

Goal of Proposal
adding End Game content, restoring the importance of being in a specific guild rather than a generic one, therefore strengthening bonds between players and greatly improving the gaming experience.

Proposal Functionality

Upon reaching a certain amount of influence (low, to put on equal foot guilds of all sizes) the founder can select a path of specialization for his guild (something like “merchant”, “assassin”, “gatherer”, “scout”, “crafting” ecc) and the more the guild perform that specific activity, the more efficient it becomes in doing so, until it is able to unlock new abilities, that might go on the like of:
- merchant: either be able to buy for less or sell for more (but not both)
- assassin: may get exclusive offensive buffs of various kind
- gatherer: see nodes on map with increasing range, or bonus to gathering certain materials (but not both)
- scout: detect enemies on map with increasing range the higher your specialization (at very high levels you may even tell which class and the exact position)
- crafting: enchant gear/items (but not both), create UNIQUE (only available from THAT guild and never to be seen anywhere else) things ecc

the focus is on making each guild an unique element, therefore having the players feel they are part of something special, unique, rewarding.
A core foundation of fantasy genre is the feeling of epicness that imbues everything, and it’s that very key element that allow the players to feel like heroes.

Associated Risks
it’s important to prevent “numbers” getting the edge on specialization, so if – say – someone is fond of crafting the best shoes in the game for the rest of his life, and gather – say – only five guildies, well, they should still be able to achieve that goal. In order to do so, Guild Influence should not be taken into consideration as value to increase the rank of specialization, but rather something like an average index of the majority of guildies performing the same activity in the same place at the same moment (or a balanced average per day).
I’d like to summon the math guys to calculate how many unique guilds could specialize into creating a single unique type of item in the game (say, an armor with slightly better VIT than the best drop VIT in the game, or with a specific enchant that reaches the same goal ecc) considering all the possible combinations and types of items present in the game. Yeah, that would be a big number, but it’s a positive thing…

in CDI

Posted by: psionflames.5246

psionflames.5246

People who say “I represent this guild today for WvW, then that guild tomorrow for PvE”this isn’t how guilds are supposed to work. In my opinion anyway. Guilds are groups where people do different things together – not a “I come as I like” place. People who represent different guilds on different days as and when they like are akin to clan-hoppers.

Alright and as you say that is your opinion. I personally disagree and like the multiple guild system because it reflects how I have very different circles of friends with very different purposes in game. I can join their guilds and represent the one whose interests I am actively advancing at that time. I do believe your opinion is a valid one though and so I think that what is lacking is the ability to enforce what kind of guild you want your guild to be.

I’m just thinking “out loud” now so take this with a grain of salt, but what if you could establish what kind of your guild was somehow. So just like with real world organizations you could set the rules for membership. If you want a guild where people can drop in and out and represent other guilds between, you would have “open” settings, while a guild that required exclusivity would have “closed” settings that wouldn’t allow you to represent another guild without leaving. (And possibly several levels in between but you get the idea)

As long as the settings were made clear to the players joining, (and couldn’t be changed easily, suddenly, and without warning) I think that would be a fair compromise because each player could join the type of experience they prefer. Like I said I’m just kind of thinking out loud right now on break at work, so I won’t pretend to have thought this all the way through. Its just something I was thinking.

in CDI

Posted by: Waikd.4632

Waikd.4632

Two things I would like to suggest regarding the multi-guild system:

1) Being able to see and talk in multiple guild chats

Motivation: The main reason I am in a guild is because of the social aspect it adds to gw2. I think being able to be in multiple guilds can be fun, but in the current system, I cannot have a conversation with mates from multiple guilds at the same time.

Suggestion Chat system in which the guild chat becomes somewhat like the chat currently used for whispers. The first input box can have a drop-down list with the tags of the multiple guilds I am in, while the second one has my actual message.
I am furthermore able to see chatter from all guilds, preferably with the guild tag before the name of the person talking in guild chat.

Advantages Enhanced social play, improved abilities for guild leaders to coordinate and communicate e.g. raids.

Disadvantages This will probably take quite a bit of developing.

2) Being able to see when a guildmate has last represented

Motivation: For guild management, it can be difficult to see who is still an active member of the guild, and who is just taking up member space. This feature would help immensely for guilds that do not have a 100% rep requirement.

Suggestion: In the guild panel, include the time since the user has last represented the guild, akin to last online.

Advantage: Improved guild QoL and better able to manage guild.

Disadvantage:Could lead to ‘elitist’ guild management, e.g. why have you not represented for the last week? (frankly this has more to do with the way some users will use this feature, rather than with the actual feature itself).

P.S. One interesting idea that popped into my head, was that honestly the whole representation system does not make sense.

One could argue that GW2 does not have a multi-guild system at all, but merely a system to quickly join and leave your favorite guilds. When I am not representing a guild, it’s as if though I am not in it, in the sense that I cannot talk to the people in it, nor do I get the benefits associated with guild membership (guild bank, buffs etc). It is only when I represent that I am a part of that community.

I would therefore like to suggest (and this goes far beyond QoL), an overhaul of the multi-guild system in the following way.

- From a list of guilds a player is in, he selects his primary guild. The guild tag of this guild will be shown next to his name, and he will be able to access and edit the guild upgrades for this guild.
- For all other guilds, he will be able to communicate with their members (see above for a possible multi-guild chat), as well as join these guilds for guild missions and events, but without having to represent these secondary guilds.

in CDI

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I see a variety of comments on feeling more attachment to a specific guild and a lot of talk of the # of guilds people are a part of and the fear that is causing a lack of attachment. This lack of attachment keeps players players from being compelled to belong to any of their guilds instead of being compelled to belong to all of them (which was the original intention of this design of guilds as more social groups rather than as exclusive cliques).

I’d love to see some discussion on how we could create greater attachment to a single guild without taking away the current value of membership in multiple guilds.

1) What is currently a part of being in a guild that can’t be taken away, and why would it be bad to take it away?
2) Is there anything that is currently part of being in a guild that could be taken away and given to a more focused guild association? What could we do to mitigate some of the negativity of taking away current functionality? For example replace it on all guilds or enhance it for the one guild that it is tied to?
3) What kind of features are there that don’t even exist yet that would really only make sense with a more fixed association with a single guild?

A lot of good design discussions come from answering these questions anyway which I would summarize as what can/can’t we take away? What can/can’t we change? What can/can’t we add? I ask them in that order because it’s generally the order that they are easiest to implement in.

Jon

From what I saw in wildstar and other MMOs, the way this was handled was by letting a person only be part of a single guild and have some social circles (i think it was limited to something like 5).
This allows for loyalty to a guild, it also allows you to keep chatting with the people from those “circles” while representing the guild you are in.

Though removing the concept of multiple guild will be hard. For instance, I have a different group of players with whom I run WvW and another with whom I PvE.

I think it is a little late to head into the 1 guild system for this game because each guild has a good reason for requiring people to represent and having to “choose” one when both guilds I am in are complementary is hard.

A solution I might see is the ability to have a single guild per game mode:
ex:
WvW: Guild A
PvE: Guild B
sPvP: Guild C

players should be able to leave a guild blank if they dont want a guild for that mode
Players should be able to set a nameplate color (for chat) per guild and see/filter all guild chats.

A guild should be able to flag itself as the game mode in order to properly filter and not have conflicting guilds in their guilds (I think this is most peoples worry about loyalty, when there is a conflict between 2 guilds someone has)

Players should be able to use the same guild for the different modes (for PvX guilds – not too sure about this requirement and how to handle PvX – I guess a guild should be able to flag itself as WvW & PvE maybe)

Potential issues:
Some players have more than 1 WvW guild, but those are not conflicting because of timezones, ex:
EU time – Guild X
NA time – Guild Y

in CDI

Posted by: LoneBaron.1284

LoneBaron.1284

I’m a little confused about the acceptable topics for this phase of the CDI. This phase is about logistics and QoL features, so does this mean guild management and communication features only? Are ideas for new guild missions acceptable at this point, or should they be saved for a later phase like ideas for guild halls, GvG, raids, etc.?

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Morning All,

I am catching up with your posts now. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and discussing those of others. Note other dev’s will be coming in to ask questions and of course feel free to discuss with them but also don’t forget the main topic of this section is Logistics and QoL.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

I’m a little confused about the acceptable topics for this phase of the CDI. This phase is about logistics and QoL features, so does this mean guild management and communication features only? Are ideas for new guild missions acceptable at this point, or should they be saved for a later phase like ideas for guild halls, GvG, raids, etc.

Guild missions and content will be in a separate phrase.

Chris

in CDI

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Why not maybe create alliances that share earnings, or some kind of relationship that doesn’t solely rely on representing? It may further help in WvWing too.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in CDI

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

Jon

1) You really can’t remove anything. If you’re talking about limiting guilds to one, you’d be removing an extremely highly used feature (TTS, personal guild banks, specific guilds for specific modes, etc.). Everything about functionality, guilds are pretty limited in features already.
2) Changing things like MotD to show in guild chat would be a welcome feature as would showing last earned achievement in the roster. Also, not erasing chat history on character switch would be nice as well.
3) Guild loyalty is a pretty vapid thing. It pretty much comes down to how you run your guild, as even if it was limited to single guild system, people would end up guild hopping anyway.

Unfortunately that leaves us with what we can add to improve the need to be in a single guild. There are a lot of good ideas kind of centered around that already here in this thread.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

in CDI

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

Jon

I already put this in a formally phrased proposal so I won’t do that again, but I will re-iterate … viewing guild chat when not repping.

I can’t stress enough how important this is, and that one thing will fix many of the issues people have with guild loyalty and membership.

Speaking isn’t even that important. You can require a rep change to speak in guild chat if you need, but being able to see it is extremely important.

People need to know that the guild is active and doing something.

In other games you join guilds not by account but by character. Guild Wars 2 system is much better, no need to worry about inviting your alts or having “80” people in a guild but it’s really just 10 people with 8 alts. The one downside is that some people liked to be in one guild on one character and another guild with a different character, this is addressed by allowing you to join multiple guilds, but the whole system is let down by this one omission.

Not being able to see when the guild is active leads to players creating representation policies, which I view as completely against the spirit of the system.

A guild is a community. It can not be a community if half (or more) of the members never hear what is said.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

in CDI

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Hi Jon, thanks for showing up and offering this new topic of discussion regarding guild loyalty and multiple guilds. I’ll quote each of your questions in bold with my personal thoughts/opinions posted below.

• I would not remove the ability to be a member in multiple guilds. It is a core feature of the social design of Guild Wars 2. I would not remove chat, current guild upgrades, or guild buffs for being in multiple guilds. These are already heavily established in the game.

• As mentioned above, I would not remove anything, as a large number of guilds and players within the guilds already benefit from the max level of buffs or upgrade. I do feel that enhancing buffs or declaring a guild focus (WvW, PvE, Dungeons, SPvP, RP, etc…) could be restricted to players only representing a single guild. Progress of a guild’s declared focus could only come from completing activities specific to each focus. Heck, you could even have a guild change focuses, so eventually after a long period of time, they could possibly unlock all the things.

• See guild focuses above.
  • This is the hard part, because features, systems, logistics and QOL don’t do much to enhance the game without content to back it up. The game would absolutely NEED new content to work with some of the guild focuses listed above (Focusing Dungeons and gaining enough in the dungeon focus would unlock the Raid focus | if traditional 20-man instances).
  • One thing I miss a lot of from GW 1 was regional/world pride. It was awesome to win in the Hall of Heroes and have your guild broadcasted to the entire server. Having some kind of competitive event (whether PvP or PvE) that spawned 3 times a day (so it spawns once per region) could serve as a new highly focused guild event. Winning the event would broadcast your guild as the champions of the ENTIRE region (NA/EU/CN). Again, it wouldn’t have to be PvP like Hall of Heroes. It could be some kind of PvE raid or open map thing (imagine if the Marionette had a score system for winning quickly or completing bonus objectives). The winning region would be the region that acquired the most points. The guild that got the most points would be broadcasted to the winning region, and the result (EU won, NA won, CN won) would be broadcasted to all regions.

I can go more in-depth on content ideas once we get to that specific CDI.

Thanks for your time, Jon and Chris. Hopefully we can see guilds having a much larger purpose in the game as a whole.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Malchior.5042)

in CDI

Posted by: Stormdancer.4972

Stormdancer.4972

stuff about last represented

Associated Risks
None, really. It does, however, depend on having this information retained either on a per-user/guild basis (not unreasonable – simply add a date field w/ the 5 guild slots) or via the guild system, so it updates when someone stops representing.

The risk is that it will make guilds that didn’t have strict rep requirements, have them.

I also think that rep requirements (which is the main reason you want this) is something that should just be changed or removed. it goes counter to wanting to allow players to be in more then one guild at a time.

Since percentage representation is something decided on by guilds and guild leaders, it’s not something that can ‘just be changed or removed’.

I absolutely don’t require 100% rep in my guild, but I see a ton of them that do.

However, this change wouldn’t really change that. I kick people if they haven’t played the game in 5 weeks. I’d prefer to be able to give them a courtesy mail if they haven’t represented the guild in that amount of time, and ask if they’re still interested in being part of the guild.

in CDI

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Jon

The problem can not be solved with mechanics. Nothing currently in place can be taken away as they are needed for players to function in all guild types.The guild types are Social(small social group guilds), Functional(Server WvW Guilds to share resources in WvW. This type can be removed with some changes to WvW for information on how a functional guild is used look at Champions of Stormbluff [SBI] and Stormbluff Isle Invader [SBI] They are mostly server-wide Guilds.), Playtype (Extreamly large guilds).

Players also join other guilds as they have friends in other guilds.

2.) A lot of the guild buffs in economy can be tied to representation. I would say the buffs in Politics too however I think they were designed as a recruitment tool. They can be greatly enhanced to support this function. I will write up a proposal about that.

3.) Reduce the need to represent a guild to keep a tab on players in a guild forming events and parties for activities. This will allow a player to represent a single guild (social guild) but yet at the same time have the benefits of a playtype guild(Large guild).

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in CDI

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

@JonPeters

Would adding a new representation feature be a good option to adding a bit more attachment to one guild while still keeping with the current value of multiple guilds?

-Represent- -new option- -leave-

Represent works basically how it works now but it can only be done for one guild at a time and will show the guild name over your toon. New option will allow you to join the guild chat of the other guilds you run with but won’t change the tag over you toon. This way you still have a sense of loyalty to your main guild while still being able to join another group of friends for other interest, maybe changing the color displayed in the roster for non represented members could also help in organization. Alliances if created can only be seen in your represented guild while the alliances for all the other guilds could not be seen.

A problem I see with this would be people seeing this as a glorified friends list or people doing what they are doing now and reping the guild they are currently in a chat with or running with because they all want to have the same guild name so basically would have the same problems as now.

P.S If anyone else has something to add please feel free this is just a quick thought.

Necromancer Main

(edited by Zoso.8279)

in CDI

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Chris,

While I am super hyped that ANET is serious about future guild content, I do have serious ideas about implementation with the Gem Store. This topic briefly delves into future Guild enhancement ideas and the most important point, implementation. After all, Guild Wars 2 is in this to make money and Gems is the means of making that money. I feel that the Gem store falls short of being great, and it has huge room for improvement especially with the potential upcoming changes. Specifically, I feel it falls short in: GUI, content, and longevity of items sold. I’ll elaborate below.

Suggested Idea Format
Proposal Overview
My thoughts:
The gem store, to me, feels cluttered and random. The tabs along the top are not very specific and the content on those tabs are pretty randomly organized. The tabs would be organized much better as a condensed list down the side (similar to the new TP).
Example (I’ll expand on content as I proceed).

Gem Store ………..Advertising Window
Get More Gems
-Guilds
Name Change (Permanent)
—-(Gem store purchase to change the name of the guild.)
Guild Hall Change (Permanent)
—-(Gem store purchase to change the Guild Hall from current.)
Guild NPCs (30 day)
—-(Examples would be: Guild Lord, Armorsmith, Weaponsmith, Bank, BL Merchant, etc.)
—-(These should NOT be permanent. This should be thought of as a “hire” to work in the Guild hall. It would be a gold sink and Gem store purchase. NPC’s such as the “Guild Lord” should have the ability to purchase these upgrades/npcs/etc at a flat-rate in-game gold fee.)
Quality Upgrades (Permanent)
—-(Expansions to the Guild such as: opening up areas gated off in the Guild Hall, removing debris, fixing columns. Guilds shouldn’t be perfect upon purchase, but rather something the Guild can build from the ground up.)
-Home Instance
House (Permanent)
Quality Upgrades (Permanent)
—-(Remove debris, damage, add nicer furniture, etc.)
Displays
—(Displays or statues displaying: your favorite title, AP, leaderboard stats, your favorite minipet, etc.)
Misc
—-(WP, nodes, etc)
-Personal
Dyes
Costumes
Tools
—-(These shouldn’t be permanent! This removes a gold sink and limits the sales of these items!)
-Miniatures
Series 1
Series 2…
-Consumables
Keys
Boosters…
-Upgrades
Digital Edition
Character Slots…

Goal of Proposal
The current Gem store limits the sales of ANET. With possible upcoming features such as Guild updates it is incredibly important to implement these features correctly. If ANET wishes to generate revenue efficiently and quickly they must re-explore their Gem store. They should re-look at permanent items and ask “Would this be more beneficial as a perishable item”.

Proposal Functionality
Reworking of Gem store GUI (as shown above) and re-thinking about longevity of items in that Gem store.

Associated Risks
As with everything ANET does, someone will not approve. Members of the development team will need to pay closer attention o each of the items added and how it will be marketed.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in CDI

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

To speak a little more about Logistics, I like some of the ideas presented by other people in this thread.

I agree with Nabrok.9023, it’s important that a person be able to see the chat of any guild he/she is a member of, regardless of representation. If we wanted, talking could require repping, but being able to track guild activity is huge. If I see my friends in guild 1 are about to start a dungeon run, while I’m repping guild 2, I could still gladly join them. Each chat could be customized to filters in the chat window options. If we can’t possibly display chat from the max number of guilds, I’d still be grateful for at least 3 guild chats displayed.

Having a record of last representation for each player would be great for guild management.

Removing the ability for any member to touch the guild mission flag in the open world to inadvertently start a mission in the guild queue would be appreciated. Guildies are constantly touching the flag and starting the mission early before everyone is there. The current ruling in the permission option only affects queueing the actual mission in the upgrades window, not its activation in the open world. The permission to interact with the flag in the open world should be reserved to officers and the leader.

Again, thank you for your time and your interaction with the community.

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

in CDI

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Proposal Overview
*Allow players to use a guild chat channel that is independent of which guild they are representing at the time.

Goal of Proposal
*Currently, so far as I understand it, I cannot listen to and respond to the channel for one guild, without Representing it, which also starts sending them influence, and which shifts my active guild icon to their icon. I would prefer to be able to communicate with one guild, while continuing to Represent my own.

Proposal Functionality
*I dabbled in ESO, and they had a way to juggle up to four guilds. You could type I think “/g1” through “/g4” to switch your active communication between each of the guilds you belonged to, ordered by when you joined them. I would like something like this, or perhaps a button in the guild UI next to “Represent” that says “Make active chat” or something, that would make that guild your active /g chat channel, while still representing another guild. It would likely be a good idea to also add a “[Guild acronym]” after each person’s name in guild chat, to make clear which guild they are communicating from, for example “Vini[ONI]: blah blah blah.”

Associated Risks
*people might end up activating the wrong guild channel.

I didn’t intend to participate in this CDI because I honestly don’t use most of the guild features. My primary guild is the one I’ve had since launch, of which the only member is myself, and we have a bank and our own icon. I’m using the royal “we,” you understand. The guild mission content requires too many resources for me to access, so my progression of this build is largely capped out now. I did join another guild recently though, mainly because I was invited by a nice player, and have run a few missions with them, so some tweaks might be nice.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I think being able to turn guild chat on/off by guild would be useful. Similar to the new Combat chat menu, the chat options for guild chat should just include the list of your guilds, up to five.

There should be one option, Only Represented Guild, which disables the other checkboxes and maintains the current behavior.

Unchecking that box enabled the up-to-five per-guild checkboxes.

When joining a guild, the guild chat checkbox for that guild should be enabled by default.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Posted by: mahri.8410

mahri.8410

Proposal Overview
In-game tools for creating custom guild events
Goal of Proposal
Guilds organise various events such as sprints, jumping puzzles etc. For example, our guild sometimes organize sprints. It is pretty hard to set a track, because there is nothing interactive that could let us do that. All is done ,,manually’’ . We tell all the guildmates where the track goes, but some of them got lost, other cheat by not going trough our " immaginary " setted checkpoints. At the end of the race, it is pretty hard to determine the winner. A special system for creating custom guild events would be very helpful for a lot of people. There are a lot of interesting zones in Guild Wars 2 where people could build their tracks.
Proposal Functionality
There could be an item/tonic, bought from the guild seller, that when activated replaces some skills. Here is what skills could it include:

1. Place Checkpoint

This skill places lines on ground (looking similar to Line of Warding skill ) , trough which the competitors must pass in the order they were set.

2. Set start

This skill places the start line of the track. The set start line should be bigger than checkpoint ones.

3. Set Finish

This skill places the finish line of the track.

4. Set Reward

Clicking this skill, a pannel is oppened. In that pannel, you could see another three, each one coresponding a place. Each of the 3 pannels contain one gold vallue set box, and under it spaces for placing item rewards. So, the winner on place one could get 15 gold and item A, the winner on the second place 10 gold and item B and so on.

Once the initiator clicks OK, the pannel closes and the skill is greyed, meaning that the rewards have been set. Of course, he could click the button again, altough grey, and modify the rewards.

5. Start Race – This button activates a timer, and places all the guild members in the area on the start line, uncapable to move. When the timer reaches 0, a sound is heard and the race starts. All the guild members could play .

The race system could not only be used for planar races, but also to create custom jumping puzzles.

Associated Risks
People could start races in improper places. If the races pass near a boss, the people beating it would have trouble, because the boss power will be scaled accordingly to the number of players arround. The players involved in race won’t pay attention to the boss and the ones fighting it will suffer.

This could be solved by the system ignoring the competitors around. If you’re involved in a race, the scaling won’t take place for the ones outside the race. However, if you’re involved in a race and you atack that boss, you will give 0 damage to it until you cancel the race, or you will be automaticly kicked outside the race and the scaling fit accordingly.

So…what do you think of this proposal ?

in CDI

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

Jon

1) You really can’t remove anything. If you’re talking about limiting guilds to one, you’d be removing an extremely highly used feature (TTS, personal guild banks, specific guilds for specific modes, etc.). Everything about functionality, guilds are pretty limited in features already.
2) Changing things like MotD to show in guild chat would be a welcome feature as would showing last earned achievement in the roster. Also, not erasing chat history on character switch would be nice as well.
3) Guild loyalty is a pretty vapid thing. It pretty much comes down to how you run your guild, as even if it was limited to single guild system, people would end up guild hopping anyway.

Unfortunately that leaves us with what we can add to improve the need to be in a single guild. There are a lot of good ideas kind of centered around that already here in this thread.

What I mean is what functionality of being in a guild do you really only use on a more primary guild? If the answer is “none, I use it all on all of my guilds” that is a fine answer as I am only posing the question.

in CDI

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Proposal Overview
I would like to improve the Guild Banners so that they can be used more as a tool for recruitment in game.

Goal of Proposal
Make it easier to recruit new players. Making it so that guild officers can focus more on playing the game instead of

Proposal Functionality
When a player interacts with a banner to receive a buff it also displays some information about the guild.

At minimum I think that they should include the guild name of the guild that put it down and recruitment status. If they are accepting new members it would be nice to have a system where players could request more information, or request a invite to the guild this system would send a invite to the officers who can accept recruitment of players.

It would be even better if could include a small editable description of the guild. Or at minimum the play types that the guild participates in.

Associated Risks:
Massive influx of mail to a officer. To negate this have another system to handle recruitment.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

(edited by anzenketh.3759)

in CDI

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

Also wanted to say a good way to think about a feature and losing or changing it i s to think of it in these terms.

Is this a feature I MUST have, SHOULD have, COULD have, or DON’T have to have. It’s easy to want everything but difficult to recognize which category something actually falls into for the good of the game in general.

in CDI

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

From what I saw in this thread and my personal opinion:

Must have -> seeing all guild chats (with all the features that go with it to make it a smooth and not chaotic experience)

Should have -> A recruitment system where people can “apply to guild” and cannot represent (or w/e it involves) until that guild membership is approved (basically inversion of the invite system that would make officers’ life easier).
edit: old way to invite should also remain

Nice to have -> A way to filter guilds by game mode to eliminate conflicts (ex: one should not be able to be in 2 NA WvW guilds – or some other guild conflict management)

in CDI

Nabrok.9023

Also wanted to say a good way to think about a feature and losing or changing it i s to think of it in these terms.

Is this a feature I MUST have, SHOULD have, COULD have, or DON’T have to have. It’s easy to want everything but difficult to recognize which category something actually falls into for the good of the game in general.

I really think we’re going off on the wrong track here. We shouldn’t be talking about taking things away from guilds, or trying to justify keeping features.

I mean, the only thing my guild has that it doesn’t really need is the world event stuff, but is there anything to be gained by taking that away? I don’t think so.

The problem is not that people are in too many guilds, the problem is that people don’t know what’s happening in the guilds they are members of.

All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

in CDI

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I think being able to easily see the current Home World of guild members is a pretty obvious Must Have.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in CDI

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I don’t know if it has been mentioned, I’m sure it has.

Since we can be a member of multiple guilds, it would be nice to either be able to set your guild chat to a guild you are a member of ‘other’ than the guild you are currently repping. Or even better, a channel for every guild you are a member of so you can join all the chats at the same time, and color code them and/or have each chat preceded by the short guild tag so you can tell what guild the chat is from.

in CDI

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

must have the following.

Guild Halls.

GvG

Guild Alerts and Calander

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

in CDI

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

Proposal for Guilds
1. Guild experience. Allowing you to rank up in your guild. Or even a way for guild managers to kitten players work in a guild.
2. Guild taxes. To be able to set taxes for players to allow a guild to build up its own currency.
3. Converting merits to guild commendations. This would then be added to the guild currency list. Higher guild numbers lead to a better conversion rate.
4. The guild currency list. Similar to the wallet. But for guilds. The guild can then use them all to help gear it’s members. Can only be used as rewards for missions controlled by guild leader for access
5. Guild halls. A general meeting place that would require crafting materials and builders to create. Nothing automated. You have to gather materials and manually build. Leveling the guilds building experience.
6. Guild mission board. Leaders can assign quests or missions to get materials they need for the guild and offer rewards. From the guild currency.
7. Guild achievements. Workung together to unlock rewards for the guild.
8. Better overall management tools. Better guild UI. Maybe like a family tree of guild members from leader down to members. With more information about a player by click them.
9. Guild member cards. With a checknkist for them to add main, all classes played, crafting, comander tags etc.
10. Guild raids and guild instanced scaling world events with increased rewards. World boss fractals essentially.

I have more but they are my top 10

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

in CDI

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I see a variety of comments on feeling more attachment to a specific guild and a lot of talk of the # of guilds people are a part of and the fear that is causing a lack of attachment. This lack of attachment keeps players players from being compelled to belong to any of their guilds instead of being compelled to belong to all of them

I believe the ability to join multiple guilds on this game is should not have existed at all. Very simply, it discourages guild loyalty and defeats the entire purpose of joining a guild in the first place.

Guilds are supposed to be a dedicated, close knit group of people. An ideal scenario would be a flourishing, active community in-game AND outside of the game, supported by communication programs such as IRC/forums/voice. The system now? Guilds having half the people not representing. Highly inactive/non-existent offsite interaction. Guilds are typically a hi-bye affair in the game.

But obviously, this isn’t just the fault of guild hoppers alone. The guild system design in this game is absolutely sub par – you want people to know as many different groups of people as possible, but do not allow players to participate in the chat of guilds they are not representing. This, to me is the biggest problem about the guild system, because it renders useless the participation of a player, simply because he/she does not know what is happening in other guilds.

I respect your decision to give people the ability to join multiple guilds, but I still believe it was a wrong one.

I can understand where this is coming from. I have played many MMORPGs which adapt the one guild per character system. So, basically, players will put their main characters in the main guild. Not only that, guilds in some MMORPGs have very limited slots. So, their alts might not even be allowed in the guild.

The players belonging to those guilds are much closer to each other in comparison to the players in Guild Wars 2. Perhaps, players are forced to interact with each other and these forceful interactions breed meaningful interactions.

Sadly, in guild wars 2, I have observed that many guilds are being treated like a service or running like a service provider while players are just numbers to perform certain activities. This type of guild is pretty meaningless, dull, uninteresting and pointless.

Some people might think that this is just a game and doesn’t have to get that serious into it; attachment, sense of belonging, loyalty, pride, etc. However, I think that a game can only be truly fun and interesting if people get that serious into it.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in CDI

Previous

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Next

I can understand where this is coming from. I have played many MMORPGs which adapt the one guild per character system. So, basically, players will put their main characters in the main guild. Not only that, guilds in some MMORPGs have very limited slots. So, their alts might not even be allowed in the guild.

The players belonging to those guilds are much closer to each other in comparison to the players in Guild Wars 2. Perhaps, players are forced to interact with each other and these forceful interactions breed meaningful interactions.

Sadly, in guild wars 2, I have observed that many guilds are being treated like a service or running like a service provider while players are just numbers to perform certain activities. This type of guild is pretty meaningless, dull, uninteresting and pointless.

Some people might think that this is just a game and doesn’t have to get that serious into it; attachment, sense of belonging, loyalty, pride, etc. However, I think that a game can only be truly fun and interesting if people get that serious into it.

Great points here and I think what I am hinting at is that if there was a way to maintain the current guild functionality of multiple guilds but also add a way to really commit to a singular guild what are the features old and new that you think are important for your basic guilds vs your, for lack of a better term, “home” guild.

Jon

(edited by JonPeters.5630)

in CDI

Zoso.8279

I thought this topic was going to be focused on helping can you guys PLEASE delete the post that have NOTHING to do with Logistics and QoL…. Can people please Q.Q in other topics so this one can be focused on improving the game!

P.S feel free to delete this one too but I don’t want this to turn into >:’O

Necromancer Main

in CDI

munkiman.3068

What I mean is what functionality of being in a guild do you really only use on a more primary guild? If the answer is “none, I use it all on all of my guilds” that is a fine answer as I am only posing the question.

I think most players have a primary guild now. One they spend the most time with and fits into their style, personality and times they play best. If anything, people that are in multiple guilds, those features wouldn’t come into play. Improving the roster or any other feature other than the guild bank for a personal guild for example, would mean you could basically remove all those features, but the storage. So no, I don’t think in many certain cases “i use all of them” really apply. The ONLY thing i could think of, which would cut to the core of having multiple guilds, is to have an upkeep charge, similar to how PvP arenas are. I’m not suggesting that as a feature, but it would definitely be a factor in that “i use THIS specific feature in all my guilds” category.

in CDI

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

/snip

Guild Attachment
Question: How we could create greater attachment to a single guild without taking away the current value of membership in multiple guilds?

Let us first qualify, what is the reason that someone is in a particular guild?

For me, there are 3:

1. Personal Guild – for storage purposes Only. Now technically it is not only me in my personal guild. I also have my multi-guild senior officer as the only other member. His only function is to reinstate me should I hit that dreaded Leave Guild Button by mistake, he has no other access. Kinda like exchanging keys with your neighbor.
    If I would have had greater storage options from the get go I wouldn’t have even made this guild at all. Now that said, if you are going to take it away: 1) Make sure you add all the influence I used for my own private guild to a pool to distribute to another guild of my choosing. And 2) Reallocate my 250 inventory slots to my Standard Bank.
  2. Paired Guild – (see above) I also hold the keys to my senior officers private guild too.
  3. Multi-player Guild – for access to the benefits of the guild and comradery. I am a member of only one multi-player guild so that is where I spend all my non-storage time.

So I wonder if the lack of attachment is somewhat self-inflicted?

• Either by the individual, spreading their selves across multiple guilds
  • or the guild of which they are a member, due to guilting or forcing them to represent their particular guild.

Now as a guild leader it pains me when I open the Guild roster and see my children wearing another guilds colors. However the pragmatist in me says “Get over it Yalora you must be bigger than that”.
I realize that my charges have other enjoyments beside what our guild can provide, whatever that might be. You can’t be everything to everyone which I think our friends at ANet are painfully aware.

1. I hesitate to offer up a suggestion for taking anything away, as removal of things from the game is sadly, way to common (My first /cough cough ever. Sorry it just had to be said)
  2. As for changing content – as stated above, the need for a personal guild bank. I wonder how many single person guilds could be closed if the Guild Bank functionality moved to the regular bank. I know mine would.
  3. Adding content – Alliances come to mind

Removing, Changing, Adding – Although as the amount of ease of implementation increases so does the general enjoyment of the player.

• If you take my stuff, I am gonna get mad.
  • If you change my stuff for the worse, I am gonna get mad, but for the better, I am gonna be glad.
  • If you give me more stuff, I am gonna be ecstatic.

Keep your dam hands off my stuff and while you’re at it, get off my yard!

in CDI

Posted by: culturespy.1324

culturespy.1324

(I’m a member of a large PvX guild, but in this post I don’t speak for them.)

1) Cannot be taken away:

Group identity
Sense of belonging
Communications
Leadership structure

2) Can be moved to some other kind of organization:

Rewards and bonuses
Allegiance to favorite WvW commanders
Access to guild-specific content (guild missions)
Access to other content (more on this below)

3) Can only be done with one-guild-per-player:

A declaration of War between two guilds
Alignment with some sort of faction system

….

The #2 question sounds like it’s hinting at some sort of higher order player-run organizational structure that might work like TTS, TxS, and GW2Community – larger groups that organize world boss fights but don’t require constant representation.

That sort of organization doesn’t necessarily have to be done by guilds, but it’s a fact that certain people out there have the leadership qualities (and cat-herding abilities) it takes to get people in stacks, in teams, into maps, and get those fights done. Likewise, some commanders in WvW are better than others and thus develop a following. For the people standing on those tags, membership in the guild isn’t an identity, it’s a subscription to a certain type of in-game experience. And just like in real life, it would be nice to be able to continue to maintain more than one subscription as a part of having more than one hobby.

In this line of thinking, “subscription” implies it’s something the player chooses to maintain as long as they enjoy doing so, as opposed to guild membership which is more of a two-way street where people have to worry about the possibility of being gkicked for inactivity, failure to rep, or whatever. I may flesh this idea out more for another post.

I’m certain that some guilds would oppose having their focus and scope changed because their basic identity rests on being able to provide these experiences for players, and the leaders feel very rewarded by the trust (and power) they’re given. Taking all the (2) items away, leaving them with just (1) turns a guild into a mere social club. Maybe that’s for the best, I don’t know.

I also worry that if we were restricted to one guild per character or per account without some kind of alternative for organization, we’d have a situation like what we had in GW1 where you might be a part of a great faction farm guild but have trouble finding elite-zone speed clear groups, etc.. Guilds will specialize to retain and motivate members, but members will then be abandoning other types of content.

in CDI

Zoso.8279

One of the key things for me is if the guild name appears over my toon. Why can’t my main guild always be displayed but my other guild have an option to join in chat but not display the guild tag.

Necromancer Main

in CDI

Nabrok.9023

Great points here and I think what I am hinting at is that if there was a way to maintain the current guild functionality of multiple guilds but also add a way to really commit to a singular guild what are the features old and new that you think are important for your basic guilds vs you, for lack of a better term, “home” guild.

Jon

A primary guild for one person may not be the primary guild for another. We already have a way to commit to one guild. Those who choose to rep 99% of the time in my guild get a rank with a few extra privileges. I don’t see a need for more mechanics here.

We just need to see guild chat so that we know what a guild is doing.

Sure, we can go through and whisper all the non-repping members, but this is cumbersome and doesn’t work that well for "hey, I just jumped into BG BL, anyone want to join me?‘. They also don’t get to see the “flavor” of the guild through the general guild banter.

Guild loyalty/participation first comes from guild communication.

All classes

in CDI

Posted by: ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

ShadowDragoonFTW.3418

I know that one of the major ways I use my guilds is when I’m looking for people to run content with.

It sounds a little hectic, but would there be some way to display chat from ALL guilds in a window at the same time? Maybe be able to select different colors for chat from Guild 1/Guild 2/Guild 3/Guild 4/Guild 5?

That way, if you have someone advertising a group for content in one guild, you won’t miss it just because you happen to be chatting in another guild at the time.

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in CDI

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

[proposals]

A: MUST HAVE: see all guild chats all the time in chat window. each person chatting would be preceded by their currently represented guild tag: for example: [XIII] Forgotten Legend: And bacon to you too!

1~ the guild i am currently representing must stay gold in colour, other guilds will show different colours. (the other four guilds could all show in the same color, say green, as long as it’s not the same color as the represented guild)

2~ the guild i am currently representing is the guild chat that i participate in. (being able to chat in all 5 guild chats isn’t necessarry at first, but would be really cool)

3~ guild chat no longer gets wiped from my chat log when i swap characters.

B: MUST HAVE: the guild i currently represent must show it’s message of the day in chat when i log in, and then when i switch representation, the new message of the day from the newly represented guild shows in my chat log, with the appropriate guild tag

C: MUST HAVE: every guild i am in receives a percentage of influence. i can be in 5 guilds. all five should get influence from everything i do, all the time, even if i’m representing a different guild.

1~ the guild i am representing at the time receives X influence for my activity

2~ the other guilds would receive say X/3 influence for my activity

[extra commentary:]

guilds should have to earn my loyalty, instead of demanding 100% rep from me. sure i get benefits from joining a guild, but i trade influence for those benefits. this is a game. i am no one’s slave. no one gets to be my boss, and that includes demanding 100% rep from me. no way no how. threats don’t foster community, helpfulness does. and if you only help me because i give you 100% of my guild influence, you’re not helping me at all.

if i want to be in one WvW and a different PvE guild and a different sPvP guild and a different guild for RP, i should be able to. every guild isn’t going to specialize in every game mode the same way. and if every guild of which i am a member gains a little influence from everything i do, i think they’ll be more forgiving if i’m representing another guild for a few days doing an activity that the main guild doesn’t really enjoy..

– The Baconnaire

(edited by Forgotten Legend.9281)

in CDI

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

About taxing players, here’s my idea:

Currently, guild members can have special privileges (access to guild bank, etc). Make those privileges tiered:

• Tier 0 – No access to that privilege;
  • Tier 1 – Access to that privilege under a tax. The member can cancel said privilege if they aren’t willing to pay a tax anymore. (optional implementation: the “privilege” of “being a member” can be taxed too, should the guild leader decide to).
  • Tier 2- Free privileges without tax.

Basically, the equivalent of tier 0 and tier 2 describe the already existing system, but with taxes as a middleground between “no access to X privilege” and “full access to X privilege”.

This system can then be improved in several ways:

• Contributing to the guild could lower the tax value, as an incentive to personally invest on the guild.
  • Taxing players would have their own “rights”, to make sure guild leaders wouldn’t abuse them. For example, as long as they are paying their taxes, they have protection from being banned/ kicked from the guild UNLESS some of the player’s money could be sent back to said player, alongside/ or a “honorable reward” (for paying the taxes).
  • The money from taxes would all go to vault, and could only be withdrawn by those who have a new privilege exactly for that.
  • How that money would be used, and when it would be withdrawn, would be listed in the guild’s news log, for the sake of clarity and to prevent abuse.
  • Guild gold currency would be used for: sending x% of the selected value to selected guild members, as an alternate way to unlock upgrades, as an alternate way to buy guild items and gear, and even to send said gear to players as a gift.
  • Option to donate money to the guild directly, at the exchange of an appropriate “honorable reward”.
  • “Leaderboard” of members who have contributed the most money to the guild (perhaps even including those who are no longer at the guild, reserving a special, honorable position).

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in CDI

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

IMO, the best way of having loyalty to one guild while also allowing multiple guild functionality is simply to have alliances.

You may only represent one guild, but guilds that share similar interests can ban together and share resources and rewards.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in CDI

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Proposal Overview
Guild World Boss pops for ALL world bosses. ( NOT TEMPLES )

Goal of Proposal
This is quite a niche change honestly I’ll admit that, but I want to provide the ability for guilds to pop any World Boss at a convenient time for them.

Proposal Functionality
We already see the following implementation with Tequatl and Triple Trouble Wurm. We can pop these world bosses whenever we want while still only getting the rewards once. So while this might be unique to our guild, it also be the case with other guilds that share our frustration. Due to our times of play, most of our guild often finds that miss out on some of the later night world bosses if we wanted to do them. EG: Golem Mark II in Mount Maelstrom.

I’d love a system where we see the number of stored charges for the world boss pops be increased from 3 to X. 10? 20? 25? Is there a downside for allowing more? I honestly don’t see one. By providing this you do the following for our one guild. You let us pop bosses when we want so we can blow em up in record times. What you do for other guilds is the following…..
Lets say a guild has an hour or 2 one particular night and they say hey lets do some world bosses, it’d be awesome for them to pick and choose which world boss ( EXCLUDING TEMPLES ) they do for that night. It’d get annoying doing Shadow Behemoth all the time.

Associated Risks
Some risks, well as mentioned we already have the technology and it’s already used with Triple Trouble Wurm and Tequatl. Likewise the system is in place where you can only get loot for doing it once a day. HOWEVER could this be used to grief a map? Could troll guilds use this to delay regular spawn times? Could we have the same system of wurm and tequatl where they can’t be popped 1 hour either side? Is that too long given the events only last 15 minutes?

Thoughts?

in CDI

munkiman.3068

Great points here and I think what I am hinting at is that if there was a way to maintain the current guild functionality of multiple guilds but also add a way to really commit to a singular guild what are the features old and new that you think are important for your basic guilds vs your, for lack of a better term, “home” guild.

Jon

Yeesh. Like i said before, features of a guild are primarily social. I personally don’t think you can manufacture “loyalty” by adding removing or changing features. Single guild systems you were always dealing with guild hopping and certainly, players needs change over time, which makes staying in a guild with a certain focus no longer relevant. It’s the social aspect that keep people sticking around.

If you’re going to talk tools and features for helping guild leaders imbue a way to help players in said guild “get to know us better”, it really comes down to VoIP being the most powerful tool and that’s not something i’d even want to see in the game.

in CDI

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Proposal Overview

Automated guild switching on player actions in the game. Examples include automatically switching to a commander’s guild when you join a squad, if you are a member of their guild, or automatically switching guilds upon switching play areas (e.g., PvE to WvW or WvW to PvE) so you can belong to a WvW-focused guild and a PvE focused guild.

Goal of Proposal

To let players choose a guild focused on a particular aspect of the game that they can switch automatically to instead of manually having to control which guild they represent at all times.

Proposal Functionality

Set a default guild (that can be manually overridden) for different parts of the game. The most useful to me would be a divide between PvE and WvW because there are, for example, WvW-only guilds that only request representation in WvW. Dungeons would be another good switch trigger. Another option would be to match commander, when you share a guild, upon joining a squad for guild events in WvW or PvE. Other possible switch conditions could include guild settings by map and guild setting by event (for events on the API). One other option that could be interesting would be to automatically switch to the guild with the most or least players on at the time.

Associated Risks

More complicated to use than simply representing a guild.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

in CDI

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’d say GvG, guild halls and the like are far more effective at making us “feel at home” within a guild, than the services said guild provides. Although that’s for other topic, as long as they are designed to make sure players need to interact with each other, then that’s a big step into the intended social direction. It’s a content problem that affects the whole game, and not exactly guild-specific.

in CDI

Zoso.8279

With an alliance system incorporated with a new guild chat system would be the best solution in my opinion. My main guild which is a PvX but heavy in WvW guild would be the guild I always represent (guild name always active) with this guild and an alliance system then I would be able to communicate with them and also with other guilds in our server who are interested in WvW etc. My secondary guild which is my farming guild I will have the option to jump to their chat while still representing my main guild and be able to set up farming runs. Lastly my last guild which honestly I’m not sure if they are in my same server I can join their chat just to hang out and talk with them because they are cool people but still be representing my main guild. The option to join my 3rd guild in WvW is still there but I will be running with them as a friend of the guild rather then actually guildy.

Necromancer Main