3. bye bye

Collaborative Development- Request for Topics

in CDI

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

1. Balance Philosophy
2. Reward Systems
3. Tournament and Leaderboard Systems

For me, these are the main things that make the pvp popular, rewards (from achievements to aesthetic gear, finishers and the potential for more skins in the future) will have a huge impact, as will a properly balanced game. I think once it becomes popular, you can start to move more into the esports scene, so tournaments and leader boards become more important

Just to add, personally I think some of the maps are pretty epic. Just go have a look at the keep at Forest, actually look up. I’m happy with it not being so detailed to improve performance, but that thing is huge, and actually looks pretty epic

in CDI

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

1. Responding on forums
2. Incentives to PvP
3. Process of fixing bugs

I think if we were in the loop more, it wouldn’t be so depressing to wait since we know the direction and changes the game is taking

There also needs to be reasons for people to PvP

finally, bug fixing must be faster and more frequent, try to fix some every 2 weeks rather than grouping them in one big patch

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today

in CDI

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

• New game modes, new maps. More (invited) player input in the design of those. (For example, I can’t imagine that many sPvP players would have endorsed Skyhammer if you gathered input from them before you released it.)
  • GvG plans (yes, this should be a subset of sPvP, not WvW)
  • Tournaments and leaderboards, especially for “semi-casual”/“semi-hardcore” players. For example, Hero’s Ascent in GW1.

(edited by Jamais vu.5284)

in CDI

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

1. Balance. Would love to reach this level of build variety some day (http://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/PvX_wiki)
2.Rewards and Progression
3. Guilds and their importance in PvP

in CDI

Posted by: XxNoahxX.7813

XxNoahxX.7813

GAME MODES!!!!!
get so bored to play Conquest mode only… I am surprised to see any R50+ players, wonder how could they maintain the enthusiasm on a single game mode, again, again and again…
I barely touched PVP since I reached R40. comparing PVE, spvp is just a underdog ‘feature’ of the game… instead of being a good ‘part’.
I am still hoping to see a plan of new modes to turn up any time soon, otherwise i might just spend $800 for GTX780 and BF4…

(edited by XxNoahxX.7813)

in CDI

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

====
1 – Skillfull/thoughtful play (VS “spam on CD”, fast undecipherable game or ennemies, and not being able to time dodges)

(please do not ignore this issue, please, please, please)

====
2 – Balance / Build variety (VS 1 viable option per class and overly strong classes)
3 – Quality of Life (e.g. several build/stuff templates)

(edited by Flamfloz.6732)

in CDI

Posted by: Iplaytokill.1674

Iplaytokill.1674

Incentives or rewards, whatever you want to call it. A reason to want to play PVP.

Secondly, NEW GAME MODES.

in CDI

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

1. Re-work of horrible trait system
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8pOlN5QiiHTb043aEhPck9nLWs/edit?usp=sharing
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8pOlN5QiiHTall4V0xOSjU5SFE/edit?usp=sharing

2. Addition of new weapons, interchangable weapon skill bars (variable skills we can choose from), more utility skills

3. Dueling, 1v1 gladitorial arena, tiered 1v1 and/or 2v2 tournaments. All of this outside of the Mists.

in CDI

Posted by: clipnotdone.9634

clipnotdone.9634

1. Balance
2. More engaging mechanics, less passive play.
3. Game modes
4. Rewards

Getting things for pvping is nice, but the lack of variety in viable builds and playstyles really hampers my general want to bother with spvp. That and I just flat out don’t like conquest style game modes.

25/90 never forget.

in CDI

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

PvP:

1. its too late
2. i will play battlefield 4
3. bye bye

basically this. ive been playing dota2 and EVE to satisfy my pvp needs. sadly Chris, it is very much “too late”. players are just burned out. i reinstalled the game to check out the patch, and nothing is changing man. everything is the same, and i just cant get myself to log back in. oh by the way, i bought GW2 for the pvp.

more specifically and on a serious note, this is what you guys need:

1. WvW and GvG integration to give veteran guilds a purpose. this should be your core focus for all pvp. WvW requires much more resources and you guys need to be pumping out new maps and scenarios. the BL revamp had amazing map design, but horrible implementation that effectively killed the BL’s. WvW could have exploded your game if you actually paid attention to it. GvG’s were up and coming, and people loved WvW. just needed more content. instead, you went the other way.

2. professions and balance: right now, you have 1/8th of your playerbase unsatisfied (assuming equal distribution across profs). make it your priority to redesign the RANGER and make it a functional, interesting profession.

(extra: pets and utilities have gone unaddressed since release. little things, but absolutely nothing to fundamentally change the prof for the better. i hope with the new upcoming skills, you guys will have more vision and allow yourselves to be more liberal and creative. small example off the top of my head: why not give the ranger the ability to send his hawk out to reveal part of the minimap? upon returning he gives you some might and swiftness or something. why not make the longbow viable so that we feel like actual marksmen? why arent spirits invulnerable wisps that actually imbue our weapons with elements and can be used to create various fields?)

3. general gameplay: slow down your game by 30%. increase cooldowns but allow each ability make a significant difference on the field. buff all bad elites and have them change the battlefield in significant ways. like dota2. this will eliminate spam and make this game more strategic and easier to watch. ADD MORE SKILLSHOTS =)

REGARDING THE DEVS:

while a lot of us find the devs polite, endearing, and awesome guys, there is a serious lack of experience here. not all professions are played and well understood by the devs (like the ranger). there is absolutely no vision for this game’s pvp. everything is just….a knee-jerk reaction and amateur. from lack of vision to poor implementation to lack of QA and PTR. i feel like we’re all like guinea pigs in this big experiment.

look at the big picture please. while some things have been ironed out (UI, traits, horrible bugs), nothing has fundamentally changed since last winter: people continue to lose interest in WvW and spvp, at least veterans. maybe youre getting tons of new players, but if the turnover is high eventually this will be bad for business when you run out of new players. GW2’s spvp and WvW at least have POOR RETENTION.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in CDI

Posted by: emon.1863

emon.1863

1. Reward : simply because everyone has to be motivated. I know balance is not in best shape – but if u are playng without a team, or your team is not full, I would not bother to enter a tpvp even for warm up

2.Game mode: Why is this over balance ? Simply because with new gamemodes the ideal balance will change. At start some pvp modes from gw1 would be a nice start )

3.Classes Philosophy:The idea that every class can play as every role is nice, but it is a non reachable ideal. It would be nice to rethink if every class is exactly that, what is was designt for *also it would be great if you would share this information with community

4.Balance: With new modes in mind and after the classes are rethink/redesignt/reworked it is time to think how to balance them all. I dont think the heavy CC is the best solution for this kind of game. I dont think there is a big problem with conditions – but the CC is bit too heavy at the moment and overall this game (in my opinion) should have as few as possible of it.

in CDI

Posted by: ZenoSpyridon.1396

ZenoSpyridon.1396

1) Required to use GW1’s PvP design as influence
2) Game Modes
3) Balance

GW1 had the PERFECT blueprint for PvP design in MMO’s… Game modes for all types of players, progression from new players in random arenas all the way through top of the leaderboards in GvG. Reward system that is easy to get one class to where you need it to compete but has enough unlocks to keep you busy for months.

Why the developers decided to throw their successful blueprint out the window is beyond me. GW1 was the most successful PvP MMO out there, already had some tournament support without even being designed for it, had a huge player base, and GW1 was really more of a PvP endgame than PvE.

Yet for some reason, all that was thrown out the window. GW2 is great for PvE, and I love how they patch so often… I just wish the PvP wasn’t in nearly the same state it was when it was released, and was more like GW1’s .

Just like how Blizzard is (finally) doing what they need to make the game a success and actually removing RMAH from their game, you guys need to seriously go back to the drawing board and make DRASTIC changes to the PvP in this game if you want it to succeed.

I guarantee if you give us GW1 style PvP – even using the same exact maps as GW1 did! Your PvP player base will return to give the game another try, as well as all the GW1 players that felt betrayed by GW2!

Seriously, the tired excuses of splitting the player base, etc, all are only a problem because there are no players BECAUSE of the current system.

Also refer to games like Smite, they have a whopping 9 different modes, and don’t have problems with a split player base.

I want GW2 to succeed, I want it to be GUILD WARS again, because everything we’ve seen from GW2 PvP is a shadow of Guild Wars.

The combat mechanics are fun, but are being held back by the mode….

Please. Bring the Guild Wars back to Guild Wars 2.

Accept that this experiment you tried with GW2 PvP has failed. Cut your losses! Go back to the drawing board to your SUCCESSFUL formula form GW1, and relaunch the PvP. That’s the only way to really fix things at this point…

(PS – Just want to mention 2 more things…

1) It’s a shame that I have been saying the same exact things as I have in this for nearly a year. And I remember you did another one of these surveys what… 9-10 months ago probably? Where I and some others had the same suggestions, and we were told after the “big PvP patch” in middle of the year you guys would start working on new modes etc. Yet it still hasnt happened.

But now, look at most of the top 3 requests, almost everyone is saying game modes, rewards or progression, and balance. Same things we’ve been begging for all along… Aside from balance, which would be far better than the current situation if there were modes other than Conq.

2) My biggest suggestion outside of adding these requests? Make a survey like this about the top 3 PROBLEMS with PvP. If you do this, you may see for yourself why I’ve said the only way to bring PvP back is to cut losses, and relaunch.)

(edited by ZenoSpyridon.1396)

in CDI

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

1. New Gamemodes
2. Rewards
3. Build Diversity

in CDI

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

1. listen to helseth
2. listen to helseth and unban him from forum
3. have you ever seen rants of helseth…

anyway you get the idea :P

in CDI

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

1)Build diversity in roles (not 2 condition viable builds)
2)Game modes
3)Leaderboards

in CDI

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

1. Game modes
2. rewards
3. minimap (give back rotation pls)

in CDI

Posted by: Wandaful.4710

Wandaful.4710

1. Game modes
2. Rewards/Progression
3. Matchmaking

in CDI

Posted by: Chiuna.2538

Chiuna.2538

1. Game modes
2. Accessibility to new players
3. Spectator Mode

in CDI

Posted by: TheFragen.9284

TheFragen.9284

1. Improve spectating so viewers and casters easily can see what is going on
2. Game modes
3. Better leveling / rewards

in CDI

Posted by: kervv.8542

kervv.8542

1. Balance the thiefs/necros/warriors and AI

2. Rewards

3. Matchmaking in soloq

in CDI

Posted by: Xarathos The Judge.7592

Xarathos The Judge.7592

1. Attracting Players to sPvP

2. Game Modes

3. Build Diversity

Commander Xarathos The Judge
Dragonbrand

in CDI

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

1. Rewards & Progression/Rank

For Team Que please.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in CDI

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

-Game modes
-Zkeys
-Banning top 200 on all leaderboards, just to clear the field for all the casuals who want to enjoy rather then be the best and have a name up on a wall.

Remember to read “How to win” by someguy without empathy.

Special suggestion:

Why not bring back guildwars pvp as instanced?
would play JQ/FA/AB anyday evryday allday.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in CDI

Posted by: Bezayne.6459

Bezayne.6459

1. Matchmaking
2. Leader boards
3. Rewards

in CDI

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

1. Build diversity. In PVE condions are not good, but they are awesome in PVP and and vice versa for direct dmg.
2. Progression
3. Rewards

in CDI

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

1 reward
2 reward
3 reward

coz if ppl (not me) don’t play pvp, they don’t need balance or progess, etc. pvp playerbase very very low to be competetive.

in CDI

Posted by: Sea.5732

Sea.5732

1. Rollback/punishment on skyhammer exploiters
2. Pvp rewards.
3. Game Modes

in CDI

Posted by: Dinster.7063

Dinster.7063

1. Monthly tournaments with proper rewards, which are able to encourage WvWvW&PvE players to participate(as well as new teams to form up)
2. Big tournament with decent irl prize pool(if u dont have your own money, ask players to donate, most of us will be glad to do this). As well as 1st point this will increase PvP player base, which will automatically affect number of viewers on twitch, hence huge eSports organisations will have a reason(monetary reason) to host their own tourneys some days.
3. Ingame observe mode of top tier matches, so new players can watch and learn. Also ingame leaderboards(but its just a quality of life change).

Best regards,
Dinster[RUSCorp]

in CDI

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

1. Testing of balance before going live.
2. Reward Systems
3. Matchmaking

in CDI

Posted by: Adris.1859

Adris.1859

1) Game Modes
2) Build Diversity
3) Rewards and Progression

in CDI

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

1. Balance Philosophy
2. Rewards
3. Leaderboards

#ELEtism

in CDI

Posted by: Sanruz.6815

Sanruz.6815

1. Balance
2. Game modes
3. Leaderboards

“Death is only beginning”
Necromancer
[EdA]

in CDI

Posted by: Thingol the Sindar.9361

Thingol the Sindar.9361

1. Balance
2. Game Modes
3. Leaderboards/Rewards/Incentives to play better

Marshal of the Stormcrows Company [Crow]
on twitter: @GW2_crow
on twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/stormcrows_company

in CDI

Posted by: Chromosome.7498

Chromosome.7498

1. Game mode !!!!!!
2. Rewards
3. leaderboards

in CDI

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

1 build diversity – few viable builds
2 petting zoo and conditions are too strong with no drawbacks
3 too much cc

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in CDI

Posted by: talife.5927

talife.5927

1) class balance
1 bis) game mode
everything else is not critical
playing a balanced game will be enough of a reward

in CDI

Posted by: meikodesign.6471

meikodesign.6471

1) Class balance
> Build diversity. Each class must be competitive in each aspect of PvP (Def, Skirmisher, Support).
> New skills/New weapons
2) Game Modes
3) Rewards

Lunavi – Ranger 80 ~ Charr Kuttery – Warrior 80
Little Lunavi – Ranger – Rank 4x
[CPC] Insert Coin – Vizunah Square [FR]

in CDI

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

1) downed state in PVP. why? what does it achieve?
2) why not allow utilities in the elite slot (as per GW1)?
3) why was the energy resource removed?

downed state is bad for PVP

in CDI

Posted by: Ain.7082

Ain.7082

1. Improving Class balance
2. Improving itemization
2. Improving player rewards

in CDI

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Focussing on the game fixes that we request will not fix this game. This is what needs to be the priority:

1: Open up the communication (communication goes TWO ways).
– This is where the developers openly talk about plans, thought process, likes, dislikes, data findings, etc. No more, “we can’t talk about that”. That single line is destroying this game. (take a look at your sister company Carbine and how they’ve been thus far)
2: Provide a PTR. This is not bashing, this is fact: your internal QA team is unable to handle what’s been asked of them and it’s unfair to them to put so much pressure on them. Also, how many ideas have been put in, immediately rejected by the community and then later pulled out. How much time and MONEY could you have saved to openly discuss those items and have them rejected while they are concepts, instead of rejected once on live servers. Think about that. Seriously. Think about it.
3: Give this game type the love it deserves – incoming tangent First, let me say that one of the most exciting things about this game prior to the launch was it’s lack of a sub fee. I now see how much that has negatively affected this game (PvP). With no sub fee, there are finite resources. With finite resources, there is limited focus on where development can take place. Where do you think that development will take place? In the mode where peopel spend $10 to buy a Quagan backpack. I will never, and I mean never, play PvP in another MMO that doesn’t have a sub fee. It works for games like LoL, Dota, etc, because there isn’t this other game mode that is vying for resources. If LoL had created a PvE experience as well, with the same business model, I doubt it would have came as far as it has.

I don’t want to be doom-and-gloom because I think that does nobody any good, but with the mass exodus of players, is this game really beyond help? You have an uphill battle. At launch, you had all the players in the world (3 million plus box sales you screamed from the rooftops), why didn’t you hire a ridiculous amount of people to help get the features in that would sustain this game at the start (we won’t even get into why these features weren’t here at launch). You could have front loaded your investment and then coasted to victory while people enjoyed many game types, good leaderboards, effective matchmaking, and a way that 2 friends can easily compete together. Nope. You neglected all of that and shifted all of your resources to pumping out a living story that would be consumed faster than a pork chop at a homeless shelter.

So, I end with this. Is balance, game modes, leaderboards, MMR, trait fixes, etc. important? Absolutely, but at this point, those are symtpoms of a greater disease. This game mode could have been everything we were promised, but due to a complete disregard for the game type, it has been left to die a painful, starving death. To fix it, you have to restore (or create) faith that you care about this game mode, and you’ll be willing to fix it and development at all cost.

Good day.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in CDI

Posted by: Gunner.7342

Gunner.7342

1 – New Competitive Game Modes
2 – How to bring in new players
3 – New reward system

in CDI

Posted by: Kagu.2015

Kagu.2015

1. Game modes
2. Rewards
3. Stealth/Mist form stomping (i hate it)

in CDI

Posted by: Demon.2430

Demon.2430

1. Balance
2. Rewards
3. Game modes

in CDI

Posted by: Chromosome.7498

Chromosome.7498

1. GAME MODE !

Why ? Because with competitive deathmatch mode, the balance will be more easy to balance. Because with new game mode, you will attract more people. And because with new game mode, pvp player will think they finally have content.

2 . Discussion and establishment of BALANCE UPDATE PVP LIKE PVE !

Because I think that in anet company, they have a bad balance of devs. I think that they have too much pve devs, and less devs in pvp ! Which increases in pvp players the feeling of being forgotten.
(And this feeling is back every two weeks since one year)

in CDI

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

1. New game modes (deathmatch) is so boring to play only conquest
2. New game modes
3. New game modes

in CDI

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

1: Balance Philosophy (I think of it as Profession Design Philosophy)
2: Game Modes (objectives and map design consideration)
3: Promoting PvP (rewards is only a small sub-set of this)

in CDI

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

1. Class balance.
2. Traits.
3. GvG as new game mode.
4. Rewards. (i.e.Team and skillful play rewards, instead of pure spamming.)

Regards

Seed

in CDI

Posted by: monochrome.9841

monochrome.9841

1. Access to evade/dodge – to much, to often
2. Skill cooldowns – some classes spam to much, no risk/reward for using skills, just spam spam spam spam
3. Rewards (in game as whole, we dont get anything in www or pve for playing spvp)

“Professionals… are predictable; the world is full
of dangerous amateurs.” Murphy’s Law
Mr Mooo → Piken Square

in CDI

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

1) General lack of rewards and accessibility to skins/items available to PvE
2) Ways of drawing in new population
3) Daily/weekly/monthly/yearly tournaments

If you feel like venting post a new thread, don’t attempt to hijack one of the few ones that have something useful going on in them. Thank you.

(edited by Freeelancer.2860)