Chicho Gosho.6507

1. Condition damage in groups/larger fights
2. So few non-TP skins to choose from
3. Living story

Collaborative Development- Request for Topics

in CDI

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

1. Living Story (Direction in story telling and presentation)
2. Class Balance (Support, Conditions, and Defense being overshadowed by raw DPS)
3. Rewards (For all PvE game-types)

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in CDI

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

PVE:

1) New armor pieces, perhaps as rewards from living stories instead of usual backpack/mini combo.

2) Skin locker.

3) Balancing Dargonite Ore as ways of obtaining it are extremely limited.

PvP:

1) A reason for hardcore PVE players to even go there.

in CDI

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

PvE:

1: Loot RNG
2: Class Balance
3: Rewards (For anything in the game)

All classes are fairly balanced, some classes just have better utilities in certain situations (banners, time warp, etc…)

PVE:
1- Dungeons
2- LFG tool (needs more filters, like level requirement and experience requirement)
3- RNG (mostly fractal weapons)
4- World bosses (tequatl is a really good boss fight but nobody goes there because there is no incentive)

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in CDI

Posted by: HISOST.8932

HISOST.8932

1) State of conditions and condition cap
2) Dungeon length to rewards
3) Overflows and tequatl

in CDI

Posted by: Kaeto.9683

Kaeto.9683

PVE:

1 – New permanent zones
2 – additional armor sets
3 – Charr armor issues

Thank you for doing this by the way.

in CDI

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

1. Waypoint and Armor repair costs. (would like to see a reward for 100 percent map completion that includes either free waypointing, or reduced cost. Same with armor repair costs. Should be free or reduced for Legendary armorsmiths)

2. RNG and hard battles. Also reduced rewards if you play support since rewards are based on damage done. If you have done skill balancing with impetus to creating support traited characters then you must rethink the way you reward loot based on damage done.

3. More visibility of Developers and “community” staff IN the game, on all servers. If you want collaboration, then come visit more. Play the way we play. Have some instant fun events for community. Bring cookies.

I can think of quite a few more, but I will leave it at 3.

PS. Bunny slippers. (with speed boost)

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

in CDI

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

PvE

1. Rewards.
2. Dailies.
3. Balance.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in CDI

Posted by: Icy.7956

Icy.7956

Hey Snow, only 1 thing on my list really, but here is my top 3

PvE
1. GUILDS (guild hall, events, controls)
2. social activities (mini games)
3. Better bosses (like teq)

Cya in game :-)
- Traveler of the Carnished Toast

in CDI

Posted by: LyNN.1794

LyNN.1794

1. Conditions(it’s cap and damage in compare to power)
2. Encounters(interesting mechanics, especially for bosses)
3. Rewards(make it equal for all activities(I don’t mean mini-games))

in CDI

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

Here is my list, with short explanations/examples:

1) Gameplay design goals and consequentially, class balance choices. Players should have the feeling that class balancing is FAIR and the player is in control of the gameplay (which is not necessarily the case, for example, with pets/turrets)

2) The DPS/support builds in encounters. Current PVE encounters heavily favours pure DPS builds (my suggestion here would be to drastically reduce the importance of Power stat and bring the DPS of very class/build to a more or less flat state, so that ALL builds are support builds in one way or another)

3) Ascended gear and grind – not what I signed for!

in CDI

Posted by: Linki.7246

Linki.7246

1. Living story / Lore
2. Guilds
3. Dungeon / World boss rewards (Teq and future hard bosses)

in CDI

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

Hi All,

Recently we spent some time discussing the concept of collaborative development with some of our community. The thread can be found here:

[url]https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development/first[url]

We talked about rolling out a new process in which over a set time period we can discuss design philosophies behind the main components of Guild Wars 2.

The first part of the plan is for you all to list the top three sections of this area of the game that you would like to discuss:

For example for PVE your list might be:

1: Living World
2: Roleplaying
3: Ascended items

After a couple of days we will choose the number 1 topic in each area and then create the threads within the specific areas for us all to discuss, brainstorm and share our opinions on.

Chris

MR. Chris i would like to direct your attention to a forum that i have started 2 days ago about the top 5 things you want in Gw2. cause in this topic that has been answered by 70 people including myself have given ideas suggestions and changes that could benefit Guild Wars 2 as a hole.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/top-5-things-you-want-in-Gw2/page/2#post3042809

1. i don’t care much for living world as it has no expansions in it. The only changes the living story makes is to maps that have already been out. Unless you adress a living story like sometimes disturbing the Crystal Desert.
2. roll playing is a little veigh so I’M not sure how to answer that question.
3. for the love of Komier change the looks of Ascended Armor. for ascended armor that will more than likely be time gated component consuming and sometimes frustrating to get to 500 the armor should look remarkable not garbage!

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in CDI

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

1. Balance between temporary and permanent content
2. Boss encounters and class balance
3. Accessibility of ascended items

in CDI

Posted by: Inc.4753

Inc.4753

1. Progression and implementation of the Living World content
2. Making open world exploration more attractive through the introduction of quests
3. (The lacking) epicness of Elite Skills

in CDI

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

1) RNG/DR – Do not lock items/content behind RNG and remove the DR from the game. There will always be other ways to farm even with DR, do not close some content down because of it.
2) Expansions – When will we see permanent new maps with new content/events/items/etc. ?
3) Hard more dungeons/Instancied raids – New TA path is in the right direction. More challenging and requires more coordination. Thought I’d prefer if there was a “Normal mode” for pugs and an “Hard mode” for organized groups.

in CDI

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

1) Rewards and the lack thereof
2) Armorskins and the lack thereof outside the cashshop
3) Alt-unfriendliness

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in CDI

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

1) Encouraging build diversity and roles away from solely Direct Damage in PvE Dungeons.
2) Condition Cap in group content
3) Moar Guild Content

in CDI

Posted by: Syl.5842

Syl.5842

1. new skills/traits
2. open world bosses/events (and why no one does balth)
3. armors (town cloth, locker, pet slot)

in CDI

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I feel these discussing the following three things would lead to the most important and fun changes to the game:

1. The next tequatl-like fight.
  2. Updates to existing instances, including dungeons, fractals, and open world.
  3. Balancing the needs of those who play daily from those who play a few times a month, including the velocity of changes due to semi-monthly updates and living stories and the time gating on refining materials.

There are a number of topics listed above that I think would be distracting to the collaborative development idea, as they affect a narrow (but vocal) subset of players. I am hoping for a balance between what various vocal minorities demand to discuss and what will actually be beneficial to the game and the community as a whole.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in CDI

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

1. Grind – Who comes up with the recipes for the temporary content? At what point is 10,000+ of several materials supposed to be obtainable during average gameplay.
2. RNG – BLC and General Drop rates.
3. Manifesto vs. Current status. -Devs/staff pulling 180’s constantly.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

in CDI

Posted by: WhatRoughBeast.7458

WhatRoughBeast.7458

1) Increasing PvE build diversity
2) Aesthetics (armor variety, clipping)
3) More integrated lore in-game

in CDI

Posted by: jamesgrimble.1293

jamesgrimble.1293

1. PvP new game modes, GvG just what’s going on with the whole PvP scene.
2. Guild related content additions; guild halls, more guild missions and so on.
3. The direction of the living story, do we want it to take us to the Shiverpeaks or to Cantha let us have more say.

in CDI

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

PvE

1) story/lore
2) revamp ghost spots/map
3) add a truckload of new armors/robes

in CDI

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

why do people wish for ascended gear? its a nuisance for those of us who do not craft or do not play the game enough to craft to 500. Because it takes around 200g just to get from 400-500 crafting. and rng sucks in this game if they do decide to make ascended gear drop.

anyways my list:

1) new 80 gears in new 80 dungeons. I do not mind if they put ascended gears in dungeons much like what they did with the exotics.

2)new places to explore or elongate the living word events to 4 weeks. because in 2 weeks, you do not get the full experience of the living word content.

3) fix rangers in pve >.>’

in CDI

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

1) Ascended items – horizontal vs vertical Progression (i don’t want that gear but I’d like to have some Infos about the future ideas about that gear)
2) Living story – temporary and permanent content; storytelling, update cycle
3) Reward-centered vs experience-centered gameplay – “grind”; Accountpoints; amount of mats needed etc.)

in CDI

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

1) Temporary Content vs Permanent Content
2) RNG
3) Ascended Item

in CDI

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

1) condition damage/bleed stack

2) RNG based exclusives

3) build viability beyond damage roles

in CDI

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

PvE:

Living World – general story depth and character development
Ascended vs Game Balance and downscaling – how it impacts the game as a whole
Reward Balancing – making the various parts of the game equally reward while still having distinctly separate ‘appeal’

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in CDI

Posted by: MeatShield.1983

MeatShield.1983

1) Condition Cap
2) Ascended Gear (more ways to obtain weapons and armor when it arrives)
3) Guild Maintenance

Ehmry Bay
Zergs on Demand [ZoD]

in CDI

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

why do people wish for ascended gear? its a nuisance for those of us who do not craft or do not play the game enough to craft to 500.

This isn’t a wishlist, so much as a prioritised lists of topics we want to talk about.

in CDI

Posted by: LouDiamond.5831

LouDiamond.5831

1. Quality of Life umbrella (user interfaces, guild functionality, wardrobes, item management etc)
2. PvP/WvW umbrella (GvG, PvP, WvW etc, – new maps, new ways to make the game exciting/less zergy etc)
3. PvE umbrella (General open world, world bosses, dungeons, PvE rewards etc)

[SOL] Solari
[JQ] Jade Quarry

in CDI

Posted by: dekou.6012

dekou.6012

PvE:

1) New areas
2) Ascended gear
3) Condition cap

I’d put alt friendliness here, but IMO it’s tied to Ascended gear, as before its introduction GW2 was very alt-friendly.

in CDI

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

PvE
1. Rewards.
2. Ascended gear grind/grinding in general.
3. Living Story vs Expansion.

in CDI

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

1. Living World
2. Dynamic events (scaling, challenge, world impact)
3. Loot (Ascended gear grind, removing champion boxes (and mob loot) and putting rewards on dynamic events instead, increasing diminishing return on dynamic events to promote spreading out the player base instead of consolidating them into farm chains in one zone)

in CDI

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

PVE:
1. Precursor acquisition improvement (less dependent on RNG), especially for those players who have put in over a thousand hours and have acquired all of the mats.
2. Quality of Life UI improvements (inventory, bank, guild bank, BLTP)
3. Better loot rewards for time spent/risk

WvW:
1. New maps – that vary from season/week to season/week – to add variety
2. Better loot rewards for time spent/risk
3. Achievements requirements need revamp (some require way to many repetitive actions to earn – 10000, 100000, etc. – requiring your entire game time to be spent doing one thing to complete them)

in CDI

Posted by: motardman.9653

motardman.9653

1. Permanent world/map expansion

2. Lack of ‘exciting’ medium armour skins

3. Karma points – more uses please / some sort of currency converter

in CDI

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

why do people wish for ascended gear? its a nuisance for those of us who do not craft or do not play the game enough to craft to 500. Because it takes around 200g just to get from 400-500 crafting. and rng sucks in this game if they do decide to make ascended gear drop.

anyways my list:

1) new 80 gears in new 80 dungeons. I do not mind if they put ascended gears in dungeons much like what they did with the exotics.

2)new places to explore or elongate the living word events to 4 weeks. because in 2 weeks, you do not get the full experience of the living word content.

3) fix rangers in pve >.>’

These are topics to talk about, not wish lists.
Maybe the people putting ascended gear aren’t happy with the ways to get them right now, or just not happy with ascended at all and want to talk about that.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in CDI

Posted by: opposedcrow.1874

opposedcrow.1874

PvE:

1. More weapon types (fist weapons, crossbows, land-based spears, etc.) and expanded weapon access for certain classes (my warrior can use a rifle but not a pistol?)

2. More alt-friendly activities; short, maybe even instanced, pieces of solo-friendly content that can be accessed from anywhere and done regardless of character level. Sometimes I’m just not really in the mood to grind out a whole bunch of quests and/or objectives or get my butt kicked in WvW/PvP…Basically short solo-friendly dungeon instances that can scale to any level and are accessible at any time.

3. Ambient/roleplaying actions like more emotes, being able to sit down on benches and chairs, and maybe even instanced personal player housing would be nice additions but their absence isn’t really making or breaking the experience for me at this time.

in CDI

Posted by: TXinTXe.7563

TXinTXe.7563

1. RNG and rewards in general (loot)
2. QoL guild improvements and player/guild housing
3. More instanced content for different group numbers (for groups of 2,3,5 or even 10 or 20 people).

(edited by TXinTXe.7563)

in CDI

Posted by: KinkyPotato.4219

KinkyPotato.4219

1) Grindiness associated with ascended weapons: While Bloodstone Bricks, Empyreal Fragments, and Globs of Dark Matter are relatively easy to obtain, myself and many of my guildmates/friends are having an incredibly difficult time acquiring Dragonite Ore. Is anything going to be done so as to make Dragonite ore more easily obtainable or perhaps reducing the amount of dragonite ore needed per recipe? I don’t like being forced to do temple runs as the only efficient means of obtaining Dragonite Ore.

2) Lack of Interesting Elite Skills, aside from a very small list of exceptions: It has been claimed countless times that most Elite Skills do not have any synergy with players’ builds. Is there any hope that GW2 reverts back to the way Elite Skills performed in GW1 where they were a core focus of your build and role rather than a three minute cooldown that offers very little synergy with your build? A good start would be adding at least one elite skill per unique utility skill type for each profession (Necromancer would involve having at least 1 Elite Corruption, 1 Elite Well, 1 Elite Minion, 1 Elite Signet, and 1 Elite Spectral).
Examples:
Desecrate Boons: Transform 5 boons from foes in target area into negative conditions and prevent those foes from being the target of boons for 3 seconds.

Cooldown: 90 seconds
Range: 1200
Radius: 240
Type: Elite Corruption
Unblockable
-solidifies the role of the necro as an offensive support with debuffing capabilities.

Well of the Profane: Conjure a well of the profane to transfer all conditions from allies standing inside the well to yourself per pulse, heal allies, and increase the chance of triggering projectile finishers to 100%.

Cooldown: 90 seconds
Duration: 10 seconds
Radius: 240
Heal: 152 (+0.4 Healing Power Coefficient) every pulse
Projectile Finisher Increase: 100%
Combo Field: Dark
Type: Elite Well
-solidifies the role of the necromancer as a defensive support…providing light healing (exact amount as Well of Blood) per second, buffing lifesteal healing from dark wells so that each projectile fired within the well triggers the lifesteal finisher, and maintaining the theme of the class by manipulating conditions from allies

3) Lack of interesting skills and traits: An extension of the 2nd point, but what I’d really like for discussion is what is being done about all the unused traits and utility skills. In the Looking Ahead: Guild Wars 2 in 2013, Colin Johanson claimed that there would be a “regular addition of new skills and traits to expand your characters and builds”(https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013). How is the progress on these skills and traits? Are we to expect that updates of old skills and traits are classified as the “new skills and traits”? Where are the regular additions of these skills and traits?

(edited by KinkyPotato.4219)

in CDI

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

PVE:

1) class balance and how it only pertains to pvp currently
2) living world.. stick a cattle prod in it already, it needs more juice, preferable of the permanent variety
3) added traits/utilities and when/how they will be implemented

This is my list as well as including more weapons or weapon skills.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in CDI

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

1.) Expansion – plans on Cantha.
2.) New skills?
3.) Elite instances like in GW1 (which doesn’t involve massive “Zerging”)?

in CDI

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

1. Will GW2 going forward be a better gear/better stats pursuit game, or not?
  2. New content that is neither aimed at nor susceptible to zerging. This may involve discussing scaling and/or rewards.
  3. Tedious amounts of collecting.

in CDI

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

1: Returning to the game world (rewards, achivments, new events, new skills to learn, etc; all that make people go to the world maps).
2: Dungeons revamp and difficulty, etc.
3: Player housing.

in CDI

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

PvE List:

- Condition system.
- Berserker > Everything else!
- Charr needs more love, from cliping to diversity!!!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

in CDI

Posted by: matthewr.3980

matthewr.3980

PvE:
1) Things for Guilds to do in PvE in GUILD wars 2 -
There doesn’t seem to be enough things for Guilds to do in a game with Guild in it’s name.

2) Ways to make lower level zones more interesting for max-level characters -
If we want players to continue to appreciate more than just Lion’s Arch and the max level zones, things need to be added to lower level zones so that players would continue to go back to them after they level past them.

3) How to make it more interesting to work towards Ascended/Legendary -
I think many players blow these items off because they either take too much work or it’s not needed for much of PvE content. I’d rather them not be easier to make or for PvE content to get harder, but for the process itself to be improved so it is more interesting for players to work towards them.

in CDI

Posted by: DougTheSlug.3920

DougTheSlug.3920

PvE Issues:
1) QoL, UI polish (10,000 molehills make a mountain) AKA issues that have been here since the beginning
random examples in no particular order:
- intermediate chef materials with no bank slots
- Non-customizeable UI (unlike GW1)
- “Last logged in / Represented” Guild Info
- No save build feature for traits
2) Alt friendlyness
- account-level-time-gated soulbound ascended gear
- GW1 hat collector
3) Condition Caps and multi-player condition viability

and a runner up for a recent issue that has cropped up
4) Instance vs Open world content
- AKA how Teq is only killed in instances (specially created overflows) anymore, effectively shutting down the open world area

in CDI

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

PvE:
1.) Vertical Progression
2.) Guilds (interface, tools, missions, mission rewards et al.)
3.) Social tools (capital cities, activities, emotes, gem store, joke items, et al.)
WvW:
1.) Commander UI (customizable visibility, raid frames of some kind for squads, et al.)
2.) WvW exclusive rewards (armors, titles etc.)
3.) New maps

Kegmaster

in CDI

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

1) Scarlet’s Invasions fixes. As many threads have discussed and pointed out, all too often servers would rather farm and stay on the Aetherblade wave stage instead of finishing the full invasion and taking down Scarlet. I have listed myself several ways to fix this problem in my past posts.

2) Commander UI/Squad System improvements and new features.

3) Guild panel UI improvements and new features.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf