Collaborative Development- Request for Topics

in CDI

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

PvE:

Role diversity: What happened to Support and Control?
Skin Storage: I can’t keep buying bank slots for all the 1-time-only skins that keep being added.
Living Story & Scope: The LS, with a few exceptions, feels less like expansion equivalent content and more like bi-weekly festivals.

in CDI

Posted by: Kantos.1730

Kantos.1730

1) Living World – exploration
2) WvW
3) Jumping Puzzles

in CDI

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

1. Prioritizing content updates (Please polish the current content before giving new stuff, and limit the ‘temporary’ aspect of living story to the story part.)

2. Class and stat balancing, particularly in PvE with conditions and healing as well as aforementioned role diversity in general.

3. Better incorporation of game mechanics. By this I essentially mean making more boss fights and dungeon encounters that require more use of dodge, positioning, and other mechanics both existing and new that will make them require more than just sheer stacking and zerker DPS to kill.

(edited by Black Box.9312)

in CDI

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

1) Party sizes larger than 5 (I want to be able to party with my whole guild if possible, or at least a large number 20+)

2) Dungeons that scale to new party size (new dungeons that scale or old dungeons scaling or raids… large group instances.. I have to say this every time, I don’t care about rewards, everything can be equal, I just want instanced content for a large group so I don’t have to keep telling guildies “next run man, sorry, full guild run already”)

3) Condition damage cap… with the above changes this would need to be fixed

Slow down and smell the pixels.

in CDI

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Role Diversity
World Immersion
Skill/ Trait/ Build Systems (especially compared to GW1)

in CDI

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

1) Gearing multiple characters.
a) Single Character Gemstore upgrades (unlimited gather tools, etc)
b) “Once Per Account Per Day”.
c) Build “lock in” through expensive gear. (change from Zerker to Cleric’s == start over)

2) Boss Mechanics
a) Limit build deversity. (Stack + Reflect + Zerk == Win)
b) “Dodge or Die”
c) Defiance

3) Open World PvE needs Love
a) Class Balance
b) Toxic Champ Trains
c) Contested Waypoints
d) Group Events blocking Skill Points/etc.

in CDI

Posted by: Lukhas.1962

Lukhas.1962

PvE

1) Roles (CC, Support and Damage + balance).

2) Living World (introduction of old lore/content trough living story as Underworld, FoW, etc).

3) Expansion of the World of Tyria (new zones, dungeons, personal story, skills, races, etc).

in CDI

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

1) PvE Class Balance – PvE is plagued by Warriors and guardians and for a good reason… Please split PvP and PvE.

2) Build Diversity – People play only DPS in PvE, Conditions are useless vs bosses, Poor boss mechanics and dodge-or-die dungeon encounters foster this DPS meta

3) Anti-zerg mechanics/Rewards – Currently zerging champions is the most profitable brainless activity in the game, everything else is timegated and that is killing the game

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

(edited by Wayfinder.8452)

in CDI

Posted by: Thayel.1236

Thayel.1236

1) Risk vs Reward, (appropriate rewards for level of risk.)
2) Viable conditions in multi player settings, (groups, open world events etc.)
3) New non-gem store armors, (new racial armors for each tier acquired in the same way would be a good start.)

in CDI

Posted by: Pyzlnar.5289

Pyzlnar.5289

PvE
1. Individual Condition cap on conditions that do damage (Bleed, Torment, Confusion)
2. Boss size. Particularly bosses intended to be taken down by larger groups (Scarlet, crown pavillion, labyrinth) would benefit from being bigger (Giant sized) so it’s easier to telegraph their attacks over all the effects.
3. Elona… or new maps in general. Probably not gonna hear much about this but it’s still worth trying heh

in CDI

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

1. Timegating
2. Ascended gear only has one viable path to get
3. Please stop deleting things for the Living Story (F/U)
bonus 4. can we get some new skills/weapons/etc please

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in CDI

Posted by: Caramel Ham.4891

Caramel Ham.4891

1) Complete pve/pvp split for class balance to be tailored for pve and pvp.
2) More skills. Utility and weapon skills.
3) Permanent content tailored to specific groups of players. For example players who don’t like dungeons will not like dungeons even if you dumb them down.

in CDI

Posted by: hugemistake.5317

hugemistake.5317

1) Ascended items
2) Rewards for dynamic events
3) Living story

in CDI

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

1) Potential of Raid instances.

2) Healing as part of Support Role

3) Revisiting interrupt mechanics on Legendary Mobs

in CDI

Posted by: Syberis.1623

Syberis.1623

PvE:
1. More lore, personal stories, zones to explore and a more lore focused Living Story. In my personal opinion the lore of the game is very solid and has a lot of stories to tell, but so far it has just been in the background. Where are the other dragons? Where are the human gods? What’s going on in Cantha and Elona? Where is Glints baby from gw1?
2. More fractals and better rewards for doing fractals. This dungeon is unique and fun and also has amazing potential, it would be nice to see anet showing it more love.
3. Less RNG and more skill and effort acknowledgement. At time this game feels like a slot machine in Vegas.

in CDI

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

1.) Risk to Reward ratio: High difficulty Fractals are currently unrewarding as compared to the flavor of the month living story zerg.

2.) The living story zerg: we’ve been inundated with disrupted festivals that turn into objective zergs. This content isn’t a bad sometimes thing, but it becomes a dull all the time thing. The stated intent of making the living story additions memorable (I may be one of the few people who think that temporary content is a smart move in this regard) makes them less so when all they are is following PVE commanders to maximize loot potential.

3.) The condition cap. It’s getting in the way of the play how you want philosophy. It hinders experimental build diversity. It skews the PVE metagame in favor of raw power.

in CDI

Posted by: diamondgirl.6315

diamondgirl.6315

DR
RNG
… that’s it really

in CDI

Posted by: Saviourslave.6715

Saviourslave.6715

1) RNG
2) Rewards based on a non-grind philosophy
3) Grinding and farming as a progression tool and alternatives

in CDI

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

1. Ascended Gear – I’m hoping the topic is created for the sole and only purpose of discussing new avenues of acquisition (karma, tokens, laurels ect …), and addressing the issues of balancing of the mats and time required for their acquisition.

Needless to say, my post history will indicate my fervent anger and dislike that Ascended was ever introduced at all. However, I’m smart enough to know that that ship has sailed, and we should not waste time re-litigating this topic. It is what it is, and that being the case, it’s time to move forward and offer viable and reasonable methods to lighten and facilitate the acquisition of Ascended items, as opposed to unrealistic and absurd fantasy scenarios where Anet rolls back the Ascended Gear. Given this, I strongly recommend that the Dev moderators on this topic keep it on track. Besides, if it’s not done that way, and you do allow folks to debate the topic, I will be suspended for 2-weeks within the first 5 minutes of the discussion. So Anet should do themselves (and me) a favor and keep this topic highly focused.

2. Prioritization – Meaning, while I realize that three are only so many tasks that can be accomplished in a day (or week, or month ect …), I think it may be wise to allow some of your most loyal customers to speak out on exactly what should be prioritized, and what can be put on the back burner.

Example: Ascended Carrion and Valkyrie trinkets. here is a perfect example of something that very much could, and was, put on the back-burner … but for God’s sake man, we have now come full circle and it is nearly 12 months since Ascended trinkets were released, and still these items do not exist as an option for laurels! And yet, I can already possess an Ascended Carrion or Valkyrie weapon despite the fact that the means to obtain these items is around a month old?

Same for certain class bugs that have existed since launch – while I sincerely appreciate your QoL updates on patch days, it just seems odd to me that I would have a storage Wallet (which I very much appreciate) BEFORE some very important and game-changing bugs that have existed since launch are addressed?

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents ….

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

in CDI

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

1.) Lack of focus in content (trying to please too many subsections of players without offering much meat to any of them)

GW2 truly does offer some content for almost everyone, but because it doesn’t focus on any one element it doesn’t provide enough in any one area to make anyone truly happy. The game needs to pick a focus, particularly in regards to more hardcore or more laid back players, and provide appropriate content for it’s target audience.

2.) Ascended Gear and the lack of meaningful ways to get it

If Ascended is going to continue being a thing, which is a heated debate topic in and of itself, then there needs to be more ways to get it outside of time gated crafting or a lottery win style RNG drop.

3.) Cosmetics, including storage, use and acquisition

There seems to be a lack of understanding of what would make a good cosmetic and how cosmetics should be acquired. Things like not having a proper cosmetic storage/outfit system limit interest in a game that seems at times to focus on cosmetic rewards. And things like continual use of “town clothing” even though it’s mainly useless as is and could be a major money maker if it wasn’t need a rethink. Basically, the entire cosmetic aspect of the game needs work badly and, if done well, could provide a big Quality of Life boost to players and a big cash boost to ANet.

(edited by StriderShinryu.6923)

in CDI

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

ok, a lot of stuff I wanted to talk about has already been mentioned, so I’m going to go with the ones that havent (or that I didn’t see)

1) Charr armor. Even the cultural light t3 clips the tails. This is a absolutely MASSIVE reason I don’t play my engineer as much as I otherwise would… her armor looks the same as it did at lvl 40ish because the Rascal set is one of the few mediums that really work with the Charr bodytype. If you want me to buy gem-store armor, it NEEDS to work!

2) Titles. Wow, so much content for so little work! By adding more titles to more achievements you can easily hook people like me into doing absurd things just to get a really cool title under my name. Look at Rift, their achievement system is littered with titles and players would grind and play and do all kinds of things to get a cool title for RP, or a really rare one to show off while in town.

MORE TITLES! You already have the system and code in place, just make more!

3) Lack of need for control or support in dungeons. Right now most dungeons are “go zerker or go home” because damage is absolute king, there are very few (if any) fights that can’t be solved by simply piling on enough DPS to negate the mechanics. I would LOVE to see a complete rework of all paths (obviously not in the same patch as that would be insane) to require control and support roles. I know why you don’t want the bosses to be able to be CCed to death, but no reason adds can’t be. Same with support in the form of condition management, heals etc. Some kind of control needs to be placed on projectile reflects as they are currently absurdly overpowered.

Give me a reason not to stack dps

in CDI

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Summary:
1. Monetization and its impact on normal game play
2. Expansion balance
3. Paper cuts

In Detail:

1. I placed monetization and its impact on normal game play at the top of my list because, as I stated in the collaboration thread, it is the one thing I would like most to see changed in the game. My comment still stands that I often feel like a rat (skritt perhaps?) in a maze where every dead end is the gem-store, and there are a lot of dead-ends in a very large maze.
    This issue, to me, covers not only the problems players perceive with RNG (such as the Mystic Forge), but also with loot in regards to T6 drops, and overall risk vs. reward (killing countless vets for loot that is no better than standard mobs, for example).
  1. Expansion balance. The Living Story is a great idea, but it is apparent that Arenanet might have made a poor decision with the two week cycle. I think people would rather see once a month and larger, as opposed to very fast and quick, and in all honesty, the two week push has resulted in many comments about poor quality. Give your graphics people a break to work on content that already exists, new armor sets, etc. between LS updates. Allow the game to not only grow, but mature as well. I’d ask Anet to focus on expanding the map with permanent zones, but incorporate the Living Story into the opening of those areas. The map is huge, let us explore it.
  1. Last but not least, paper cuts. The old “death by a thousand paper cuts” adage applies to GW2 in it’s current state. Clipping issues, abnormal visual vs. physical polygon structure (yes, I’m complaining about Troll’s End again), and other “little things” affect QoL. It is notable that Anet is not allowing this to go completely ignored, as there are little things that get fixed, but some of the recent ones, like the way people could make animations loop constantly, were not affecting game play, and seemed a bit frivolous to fix when other issues interfere with immersion or game play. If a warrior or guardian wants to stand by the Mystic Forge and spin till they puke, that’s their choice.
    Anyway, having a sticky thread that is well moderated in the suggestions forum that focuses just on the “little things” might be useful for Anet if they can assign one or two people to keep an active list of small issues that affect the players QoL.
Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

in CDI

Posted by: Esper.6712

Esper.6712

1) Rewards need to match the risk and time involved (especially for Dungeon Paths and Fractals).
2) More build variety in gear, traits, and skill sets. It’s too easy to find one optimal build that trumps the rest. I could also say the same about class balancing and role diversity.
3) Boring world bosses (100 people tickling a dragon’s foot to death. Tequatl revamp was a step in the right direction, but issue #1 affects #3).

I would love to elaborate in the follow-up discussions.

in CDI

Posted by: QuantumS.6802

QuantumS.6802

1.horizontal progression (skins, skils, builds, mechanics)

2.Living story (temp content, perm. content, expansion content)

3.Lore Immersion (connect lendaries, and named items, and races into the world more ‘actively’)

in CDI

Posted by: Kalendil Istarion.4103

Kalendil Istarion.4103

1) Legendaries, precursor crafting, new legendaries.
2) Housing, town clothes, wardrobe
3) Skin from past achivements, from past living story

in CDI

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

1. Disparity in Attribute efficiency, both on it’s own and paired with other attributes.
2. Build Templates (Traits+Gear)
3. Weapon skills, both additional and new weapons, and utilities.

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in CDI

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

1. Quality of Life improvements. My biggest gripe in that section is how low is eye pivot of camera. I like to have camera close to character, but, my character take 2/3 of screen then. And when I zoom out half what I see is ground behind back of my character. I’d like to have option to adjust camera angle so I can only see back. Other people might bring other QoL improvements.

Now Important stuff. Character progression and development. Game mode is irrelevant, but that’s more about PvE and WvW.
How far are you willing to redesign some systems. It’s very important question, because in some regards, the design choices of GW2 are just flawed on basic level, and are should be either redesigned or extended.
Assuming your answer to above we are willing to go deeply into this, here are things I’d like to have discussed:
1. More skills.
1a. Swappable weapon skills. Skills should still be tied to weapon, but each weapon should have much, much more choices.
1b. Utility skill redesign. All 5 slots should be unlocked. I should be able to equip any skill in any utility slot I want. If I don’t want to bring healing skill or elite I should be able to do so.
1c. Skill hunting need to come back. It was really interesting and very cool way to progress your character. It boggles my mind to this day why it was removed from game.
2. We need some kind of resource management beyond cooldowns. Now that GW2 doesn’t’t have any energy system, I see how bad it is to not have one and how deeply impacts design of the game (in the bad way). Even something like Thief initiative is would be nice, just for every class.
2a. Energy mechanics (I will call it that to distinguish it from cooldown resource), introduces layer of tactical planning, instead of spamming skills when they are going off-cd.
2b. It allows more elaborate skill design (you can build skills, that will focus on energy denial of other classes to render them useless).
2c. It allows you to introduce more interesting items to the game (energy regen, something happen while you energy is at, below, above).
2d. If properly designed (Thief initiative), it allows for more dynamic and visceral combat system. Instead of locking ability for 20s (absurd) you can use it as often as you want given you are able to manage you energy in proper way.

3. More stats. Generic stats system as present in games since DnD1 is good.. If you don’t have classes. GW1 took a twist on it and introduced class specific attributes. And holy hell, it makes sense in class based system.
I’d like to make some if it back. Most of utility skills in game fall into some category like:
1. Minion.
2. Spectral.
3. Corruption.
4. Well.
5. Signet.
(I’m playing Mainly necromancer)
I’d like to see stats that improve those abilities. At this point it doesn’t’t even need to be complex. Simple +10 to Spectral skill (it would improve damage, duration, reduce cooldown, reduce cost etc).
I’d like see back of more interesting stats design like:
1. If <some condition> then <some effect>
2. While <some condition> Then <Some effect>

(edited by iniside.4736)

in CDI

Posted by: iniside.4736

iniside.4736

Continued.
3. More stats per item. Really. Simple combination of 3 stats in exactly same configurations +minor +minor +major is not really interesting.
I’d rather see +minor +med +major or, +minor, +minor +med +med. kitten just introduce random stats generator that will randomly put item stats together as players loot them.

We really doesn’t need ascended items. Ascended items were introduce, because of self-set trap. If there was more stats combinations, and more stats in general along with some HnS like random generation there would be no need for additional tier, as people would be busy collecting perfect items to this day probably.

What we have now is:
1. Boring flat power increase (+con damage +toughness +healing). BORING.
2. Runes. Which most of them consist of flat power increase, sometimes some random proc, and sometimes of some interesting effect. That is simply not enough, to make interesting itemization.
Simply speaking we need to get back itemization from GW1, extend it with GW2 itemization and mix with some HnS (like PoE or Torchlight 2).

We need some real alternate character advancement system.
Traits are not OK. Ok. They work but they are not OK. I guess they are easy to balance. But they are not interesting to make any builds.
Yes I know. Most people will run with FOOT build anyway. They will be running with FOTM build regardless of what you will do.
On that basis I say, screw it and just go wild and design advancement to be actually fun not necessary balanced in every aspect.

Based on that idea, we need some kind of alternate traits. Those traits would be untiered, and would more focus on improving weapons and entire skills families.
Each trait should have at the same time positive and negative effect (for well, better self balancing).
I.e One trait decrease CD (or cost, cough) of skill of one weapon but increase on other.
One trait improve one family of skills, but nerf other.
One trait improve skill, but reduce HP.
You got the point.

Those traits would be gained by hunting them in world. It really doesn’t need to be anything complex. Some exploration in different areas, reading booking, visiting special places, finding NPCs. Something that would really enourage people to go out and explore world.

tl;dr
Character progression is very important to me.
Currently in GW2 there is no progression I would be interested in. I’m not interested in just collecting skins.
I’m also not interested in increasing my power vertically.
What I’m interested in is in having more, and more, and more horizontal options of progressing character and creating new builds of it.
I can safely say, that this is simply not present in GW2.

(edited by iniside.4736)

in CDI

Posted by: jmdragon.7956

jmdragon.7956

1) Condition cap
2) Weapon/armor skin storage
3) Precursors / RNG rewards

EDIT: Anet, getting tired of counting these? Have you ever considered using something like Get Satisfaction to poll players and see what the majority of us would like to discuss?

(edited by jmdragon.7956)

in CDI

Posted by: basemoan.4702

basemoan.4702

1) New full zones and extended story that connect to GW1 (UW, FoW, Crystal Desert, Elona, Cantha)
2) New Skills (weapons, utilities?)
3) Distinctions for gear rarity (ex. Norn Cult gear still has basic starter armor icons)

in CDI

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

1.) Living World vs. Personal Story (including new zones and permanent dungeons)

2.) New Skills/Traits/Weapons

3.) Tuning of aftercast and gimpy weapons

in CDI

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

This feels like that awakened moment when your break up with your girlfriend after they did not wanna know, but now they do.

No matter how much it is hidden by deleted posts, we know their is a great rift forming between the game and PVP players.

WVW

Zerg’s need to go, promote smaller group/guild play. REWARD US for doing so.

Balance, listen to us. All your changes are based around the same thing, their is no wide range of builds.

New weapon sets = new skills = new meta.

in CDI

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

PvE:

1. Living Story Lore presentation, permanence, and accessibility.
-Presentation: Too much of the core lore in each story is hidden, too much explanation is in short stories that are difficult to go back and find, and too much is left to only be explained in interviews. We need more in the game plainly presented to us with fleshing out of the story present and able to be found.
-Permanence: All of the core story parts of the Living Story should be instanced like the Queen’s Jubilee and Clockwork events so that it is possible for people to go back and re-experience them or experience them for the first time. Let that have the main story that you need to know to follow the LS and let the Open World LS content flesh it out and provide the “Living” experience.
-Accessibility: Essentially what I said above.
2. Skills, more weapon skills.
-More weapons, more weapon skills. Let us have class pertinent quests and stories to achieving and unlocking more skills to use for each weapon.
3. Account Binding ALL ascended mats, why?
– Soo many bloodstones….soo many bloodstones…
Also make Ascended Crafted Gear salable on the market. Have a note on the item saying who it was made by and let it be salable. BAM! Instantly a huge chunk of the complaining about Ascendeds disappear as you open up what kind of content people would have to complete to get them and you provide a reason for people to level up and use crafting.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

(edited by Lostwingman.5034)

in CDI

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

1. Control role in dungeons. I want snares, boon removal and interrupts to feel useful.
2. Defiant in dungeons. I want to CC bosses.
3. Stacking in dungeons. It is boring, and it should be considered an exploit. I want real tactics. Stacking isn’t a real tactic. Try it out in sPvP and see if it works. If it doesn’t, then it should not work in dungeons.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in CDI

Posted by: Jockum.1385

Jockum.1385

1.) (easy) Teamplayquests/missions
2.) Teamplayskills
3.) Elite-areas (Underworld, Fissure of Woe, something difficult and giving you nice rewards)

(easy) Teamplayquests/missions:
I liked the GW1 missions and this is a huge point for me (and some guildmates).
In GW2 we’re running dungeons, but dungeons are for some players too hard. There should be an easy/casualfriendly type of teamcontent. GW1 style missions and quests would be really really nice. If your living story adds more permenent content some teammissions could be added as a “living story personal story”. Or an easy dungeonstorymode.
Or maybe “heartquests” which need a team or are (a lot) easier to do as a team.

Teamplayskills
I’d like to see more teamwork in the fights. GW1 had a huge amount of skills and classes which interacted with each other. GW2 feels more like “uh, there are other peoples, but I don’t know what they’re doing”. Most effects are “5% more dmg” and stuff like this. I end up pressing the same buttons in all situations.
Maybe Singletargetspells like “+1000dmg to each attack of target player” “target player gets a 50% chance to evade attacks” could add more teamfeeling.
Or feelings like “uh, I saved his life” “whoa, this increased the dmg a lot”. Changes like this could leed to more teamwork – more talking, more communitybuilding, more builddiscussions in the forums,….
Maybe a reduced number of group"targeting" skills has the same effect. The remaining skills could be buffed to see an effect. Two stacks of might don’t really increase your dmg, so it doesnt feel good to “help other players to do more dmg”.

I like playing a supporter (monk) and in GW2 I feel often like “deal dmg or be useless” and “dodge or die”.

GW1 is an extreme teamgame and has tons of skills and synergies. GW2 could add a little bit of this to create more feelings like “yeah, we’re a team” “well done XY”.

Sorry for my poor English.

in CDI

Posted by: Falkor.7932

Falkor.7932

PvE:
1. QoL updates for Minis
2. Skin Management (LS skins added to account vault)
3. Guild Housing/Content (So you unlock all the missions, now what? Should also be guild wide, not by world, so all guild members can join in)

PvP:
1. Rewards: Access to new item skins, PvP rewards for kills like WvW? (eg: kill someone get a PvP item drop)
2. PvE items that reflect your PvP rank and time spent in PvP (rank shoulder skin or something?)
3. New Game Modes (I hear this is being looked into, yay.)

“One time! I slightly blew some of us up one time, and you won’t let it go.”
- Explorer Bekk

in CDI

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

PVE:

1) Living Story (too much, too fast, too stressful, excludes players with real-life responsibilities)

2) Personal Story (Is it dead? Will there be more? Can we make it more engaging?)

3) Grind, grind, grind, grind. (Can we nerf the grind, please?)

in CDI

Posted by: Otherload.8014

Otherload.8014

PvE:

1.) Expansion
2.) Guildhalls/Guild QoL
3.) Endgame

(edited by Otherload.8014)

in CDI

Posted by: FloXun.1456

FloXun.1456

PvE:
- Roles (support and control are lackluster compared to damage)
- Ascended items (Ascended items really pin you down stat-wise, aquiring new gear becomes harder because of how time consuming/difficult it is to obtain)
- Item stats (You get shunned for not wearing full Berserker gear by quite a few people. Higher damage is unfortunatly more effective than more support(entwined with my first point)

in CDI

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1) Miniatures (How to make them more desireable and in that way increasing your profits of them)
I would love if miniatures would work like finishers. By having them stored in your bank (collection) you can select them like a finished in a new tab in the hero menu.
Furthermore miniature related minigames like an arena or polymock would be nice.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

in CDI

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

1. Ascended gear and Alt Friendliness
2. Precursor Crafting & RNG
3. Collaborative/tactic/skilled open world event.

And

4. Fractal revamp with high level rewards

in CDI

Posted by: Aza.1702

Aza.1702

- Builds (save/load templats anytime WITHOUT paying – skills, weapon sets, traits)
- RNG
- hard mode

in CDI

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

1) Grind (& Ascended)
2) Reward Balancing
3) Defiant

in CDI

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

1. Player Home Instance
2. Guild Halls
3. lack of continuity between fantastic lore from GW1 (Human gods, dwarves, etc) into GW2.

Thanks for the opportunity to discuss these things in a productive manner! The game is amazing, and we all just want to see it become everything it can be in the future.

in CDI

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

PvE:

1) World Event/World Boss Loot: A token system with purchasable rewards like dungeons. I will leave the details of the rewards up in the air.
2) Player Instance/Guild Hall: A place I can get to that doesn’t cost money, is safe, doesn’t take 45 seconds to load, and has bank access. Leaving it can cost money.
3) GvG.

Other: PvP modes other than conquer. Would love to see old Random Arena style return, last team standing.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

(edited by GOSU.9574)

in CDI

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

1. Content that doesn’t revolve around achievement points

- I feel like every single patch since Fractals has been an achievement grind. Even holiday events are more focused on getting some meta achievement. This is turning every update into a sour /login /logout for me.

2. Balance entirely separated for WvW/PvE/PvP

- Please just do this already. It took you how many years to realize this mistake for GW1. Why are you doing this to yourselves again? It’s not a bad thing.

3. I want Anet to realize that it’s okay to give up on something that didn’t work. Stop trying to bandaid fix things that are simply not going to work like you originally planned.

- I see things that Anet has recognized as being mistakes, yet they are still here. I see things that Anet has been trying to fix from day one and are still broken. Some of these things really just need to go. Don’t bother fixing them, just admit that it didn’t work and scrap it or at least make them optional. (I’m looking at you, Ranger pets)

(edited by Neb.4170)

in CDI

Posted by: adubb.2453

adubb.2453

1) New Armor Sets (perhaps sets specific to the different world bosses. I’d love to have a Shatterer Heavy Armor set.)

2) More Story missions Let’s kill those elder dragons! (Honestly, while I love the living world stuff, it feels like none of it matters because there’s so little to do in each one. I genuinely hope there is an expansion of some kind in the works. The thing that won me over to GW2 was the overwhelming sense of wonder when I first started. The world felt genuinely MASSIVE and there were people friggin everywhere! Now everyone just huddles together in LA and the various dungeons/champ farms)

3) Guild Halls and a United Major City Chat (I give a caveat with this one. I would love it if Guild Halls were not only customizable with things like Vendors, Crafting tables and a Guild Hall of Monuments, but actually were instances within buildings within the major cities, not just LA. I love Divinity’s Reach but have almost no reason to ever go there. But if my Guild Hall were based there, I’d be there all the time! Especially if the city chat were the same no matter where I went so I didn’t miss anything.)

BONUS) Major Events throughout the World reflected in Major Cities (This actually harkens back to my WoW days. I distinctly remember how awesome it was walking into Stormwind City or Orgrimmar and seeing the Head of Nefarion hanging from the gates and getting a buff because of it. How great would it be if we could hang Teq’s head over the Mystic Forge in Lion’s Arch? It would be a reason to celebrate and band the players together to cheer for one another!)

(edited by adubb.2453)

in CDI

Posted by: KTheAlchemist.7158

KTheAlchemist.7158

1. AoE Resistance or Immunity for Turrets and Hunter Pets in PvE Maps Only.

Is there any reason for not doing this? If so, what is that reason? Overall health against directed assaults is usually not the primary problem. The primary problem is PvE boss AoEs that oneshot Hunter Pets .that are difficult to control and worse, Engineer Turrets that cannot be moved at all are the problem. Even if we had gotten the health buff given to hunter pets, immovable turrets would still be oneshot by many unavoidable (for a stationary turret) boss mechanics.

2. Roles in PvE.

Control and Support are extremely lackluster in most PvE encounters next to pure Damage.

3. RnG in the store.

This has been a problem for a long time. I feel that items should be RNG, or Paid, but not both. The best items being RNG-Only has kept me personally from wanting to invest real money in Gems. I want to buy an item, not a rare chance that I might possibly get what I want.

(edited by KTheAlchemist.7158)

in CDI

Posted by: Cyclone Jack.7268

Cyclone Jack.7268

1. Trait overhaul – And when I say overhaul, I really mean redesigning it from the ground up. The +% traits should be either eliminated or integrated into each trait line, while traits that are build defining are added into the system. This may also require removing stats from the trait lines.

2. Build diversity – Part of this will come with an overhaul of the trait system, but may also require expanding on the weapon system as well as the utility skills. Elites could probably use an overhaul as well. It’s pretty bad when I’d rather take a utility skill than an elite, but don’t have any choice in the matter.

3. Progressing the World Story – No, I don’t mean the “Living World” bubbles that have zero effect on the world when they are removed two weeks after they appear. Also, please, get some better character designers. Trahearne and Scarlet are quite possibly the worst characters I’ve seen in any form of media (no offense intended).

As an honorable mention… Recalculate combat speeds – To be honest, I’m not sure how well this would work, and it could end up being horrible, but I’d love to see how the game played with the pace of combat slowed down a bit and the duration of CC, buffs and debuffs increased a bit to compensate. I think that a slightly slower pace would allow players to use tactics a little better in group fights. Right now, the game plays like an action game. It would be interesting to see how the game played as an RPG.

in CDI

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

PvE:

1. Build viability, bosses being physical DPS checks
2. New armors and cosmetics
3. RNG / rewards

sPvP:
1. Rewards

WvW:

1. Supply, running errands instead of getting to fight
2. Zerging
3. Rewards

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.