Collaborative Development- Request for Topics

in CDI

Posted by: erthebear.8109

erthebear.8109

PvE

1) PvE armor/weapon skins lockers or bank storage sections
2) Things learned from the Tequatl boss changes, focusing mainly on what shouldn’t be repeated
3) Additional storage and/or methods to deal with large amounts of dragonite ore and bloodstone dust besides making them rarer drops

in CDI

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

1. Ascended Gear:
“Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base. The rare stuff becomes the really awesome looking armours. It’s all about collecting the unique looking stuff and collecting all the other rare collectable items in the game: armour pieces, potentially different potions…"
Sorry to use the quote against you, but I think many of us want just that. Reason I bolded “including casuals”, you sort of imply “easy” for the hardcore/medi-core. Now… don’t make it too easy…. just the same difficulty as getting exotics from doing dungeons. Easy solution: replace the exotic gear that’s acquired by dungeon tokens with ascended gear. Another thing is, you’ve said that you wanted the bridge that gap between acquiring exotics and acquiring legendaries… the problem wasn’t the lack of a gear tier nor implement one is/was the solution. The problem that has caused and is still causing the gap between tier X and legendaries is the RNG on precursors (which is the 2nd point).

2. RNG:
It’s better to work towards something than to hope it drops from the sky. Quite honestly I feel that my account has a bad marker on it, a kittenty seed for the random function… because I can count how many exotics (gear) I found on one hand since release… There’s really something wrong with the RNG in general.

3. More skills, on weapons:
perhaps have the user select between 3 skill options for their auto attack, for their 2nd another 3 skill options and so on (like with the utils)… I think it’s too much to ask, but heck, why not.

And w/e decision you go with, as in introducing to the game, please explain why.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in CDI

Posted by: bewhatever.2390

bewhatever.2390

PvE:

1. Expansion – new lands, continuation of dragon lore
2. 5 player dungeons (excluding dungeons with platforming in any form)
3. Do not remove content from the game for any reason (ie recent TA change replaced a dungeon not requiring platforming with one which did), “expand only”

in CDI

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I think GW2 is soiled as the best MMO out there but it has 3 main downfalls for me that need a fix in order for GW2 to remain #1 after future MMO releases:

PvE endgame topic
Fractals/Teq is the only PvE endgame so far.
Solutions:

• Add Hardmode versions of currect dungeons, with more rewards
  • Add more Fractals, with Ascended gear linked to them
  • Release FoW/UW, with Ascended Weps/Armors linked to them
  • Make all Raid Bosses like Teq

WvW mechanics topic
AoE zerging has become too central to WvW, which makes team fights gimmicky.
AoEs should only be a side-damage of the whole battle, not the main component.
Solution:

• While in WvW, a player can only be affected by one AoE field at once (the first to hit him) while he will be immune to other AoEs until the first AoE stopped hitting him.
    For instance if I’m walking into 20 AoEs and Meteor Shower hits me first, I ignore all other AoE fields until I’m out of that Meteor Shower circle.

Future content update topic
We discuss what the community really wants from future updates, so we know what GW2 players really want and you can deliver it to them instead of say focusing on content that is low priority to people.

in CDI

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

PVE

1. Continue improving build viability
    1. e.g. Conditions & control
  2. Expand achievement reward storage
    1. Living Story trophies clog up bank tabs
  3. Scale up world boss pre-events
    1. Send out enough mobs for everyone

PLAYER BASE

1. Spread humility
  2. Act and speak with dignity
  3. Be awesome to each other
I should be writing.

in CDI

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

1. Best in Slot gear/Ascended Gear Grind
2. RNG, specifically ones on gemstore
3. Alt Friendliness

in CDI

Posted by: ezd.6359

ezd.6359

1. Solo content (as a solo player – i want solo intances)
2. Grind (i want it when i have time, but it seems it is not worth time spent)
3. More unique and rare skins (=/= expensive)

English is not my native language, sorry :<

in CDI

Posted by: Siphaed.9235

Siphaed.9235

• 1) Roleplaying : Lack of being able to sit in chairs, the way that town-cloths disappear in even fall damage, and the overall distance from the RP aspects of the game.
  • 2) PvD (Player vs Door) : Right now keeps fall far too easily due to player damage to doors being increased majorly by player # increase. I do recall a time -perhaps it was Beta- when it was “tweaked” so that player damage was only about 1-5 per hit against doors and only siege was reliable on breaking walls. Restoring that design would be optimal in providing a more enjoyable WvW experience.
  • 3) WvW Defense Rewards : In it’s current iteration, defending in WvW is completely fruitless other than pride (but that doesn’t pay the repair bill or put the armor on the back, does it?). People zerg up keeps and towers because the Lords provide Dragonite Ore, Greens/Blues/Rares, and coin. Overall it’s something the system rewards you to, which is sad because it was a major design flaw in WAR Online. See, players “flip” keeps and towers just to be able to kill the Lord again for the loot chest again; nobody defends because there’s no loot chest to obtain.

in CDI

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

PvE:
1. Housing/Personal Instance/Trophies
2. Hobbies/Mini Games
3. Solo Content

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

in CDI

Posted by: riddleguy.9738

riddleguy.9738

1. New Areas(i want to see cantha,elona and the rest of tyria!)
2.Minigames(specificaly bar brawl)
3.Player Housing

in CDI

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

1) Character Progression – Horizontal vs Vertical

2) Reward Structure – RNG Loot Tables vs Tokens

3) World Boss Events – Instanced vs Open-world

in CDI

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

1) Solutions for multiguild communication: Mass mails, mass pms to non-reps, optional multiguild chat for non-reps.

2) Daily Achievement Overvaluation and the impact on achievement hunters

3) RNG alternatives while maintaining scarcity

in CDI

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

1) new armors – theres not enough armor options. some work well for the professions and others fall short of the mark. medium armor especially is well suited to thieves and engineers but ranger it just doesnt sit right at times.

2) Dungeons – Make story completion acc bound for all char, meaning we dont have to re-do story mose in order to start exp mode on an alt.

3) Living Story – make old content replayable? rewards and achieves can be disabled but itd be nice to be able go back on some of the content now and again.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

in CDI

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

1) Forever bugged content (aka Dynamic Events).
2) Endless and boring grind (aka Ascended Items [weapons to be more specific]).
3) Rush or lose content (aka Living Story).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

(edited by daimasei.4091)

in CDI

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

1) Vertical Progression vs. Horizontal Progression
2) RNG
3) Rewards in Open World PvE (renown hearts, world bosses, DE in general)

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in CDI

Posted by: Chaoslord.5439

Chaoslord.5439

1. Guilds – Management Tools, Guild Halls, Last Online, Calendar, interesting upgrade options, etc. Make guilds important to the game and provide PVE and PVP guild content.
2. More large scale events like Tequatl, but improve communication tools for the player base. Joining TTS and participating in the Tequatl events with 100+ other players has been one of the most enjoyable things I’ve done in this game. Larger PVE party sizes, I would suggest 10 would help as well.
3. Build diversity – encourage different play styles by improving the viability of various builds. This can be done by balancing and/or introducing new skills, improving/balancing sigils and runes as many are simply ignored and introducing new weapons. Perhaps we could use spears while on land as well as in the water.

in CDI

Posted by: Jet Jaguar.7059

Jet Jaguar.7059

1. Build Diversity — increasing the support and control sides of the triangle

2. Continuation of the main story line — a lot of people feel like it’s high time we move on

3. Examine time gated aspects and acquisition of end game armor/weapons — particularly ascended weapon crafting

in CDI

Posted by: jabberjabber.6804

jabberjabber.6804

(i) Other Pale Trees. I want to learn more of where Malyck came from, and other Pale Trees in general. Fingers crossed for a Magnus Falls instance or map expansion that might contain such a story driven tale of discovery

(ii) Guilds expanded via “home” bases. Home instances that are customisable via influence points, trophy racks, guesting to other guild houses/castles etc.

(iii) Continuation of player-developer threads like this! Seriously – its such a splendid initiative.

Commander Aldronia
Guild Leader of Alpharius [Alph]: a PvX guild in Gandara

in CDI

Posted by: ttyl.6021

ttyl.6021

1. Condition damage (stat combos lead us to believe its a playstyle choice)

2. Condition cap/structures immune (but condition damage is so limited, it’s the most glaring incongruity in the game)

3. Weapon themes (Some weapons are unintuitive. Why are Warrior’s Rifle #1 and Longbow #1 reversed compared to the rest of the weapon kit? Why does Necromancer’s Scepter #3 scale with Power? etc. This furthers the disillusionment that maybe condition damage was intended as only supplemental, like vulnerability?)

(edited by ttyl.6021)

in CDI

Posted by: Tranc.6780

Tranc.6780

PvE:

1) New open-world Zones
2) Next Dragon
3) New Dungeons

in CDI

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

1. Living Story
2. Open World/DE (things like getting players back into zones, increase affect DEs have on the world, etc)
3. Importance of Guilds in the PvE atmosphere

in CDI

Posted by: BeardedTexan.8976

BeardedTexan.8976

1) New Weapons / Skills
2) RP and Lore
3) Armor/Weapon Skin Storage and accessibility

in CDI

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

1) Guilds
2) The open world
3) Support and control in PvE

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in CDI

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

1. Living Story
- More specifically if it will end up incorporating large, expansion like content such as new zones, races, professions, etc. I know you said you could push these through the living story, but you are very vague on whether you actually intend to or if you just want to do it through normal expansions.

2. Character progression after ascended gear
- Horizontal vs Vertical

3. Challenging content and the risk/reward associated with it.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in CDI

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

1. Equipment skin wardrobe (allow moving any item skin to ‘Hero/Achievements/Unlocked Rewards’ for a fee)
2. Condition damage
3. Daily Achievement Skinner Box (don’t award achievement points after getting daily)

(edited by ShiningMassXAcc.4735)

in CDI

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

My list

1. General Improvement to fractals and fractal rewards: Fractals are endgame content and should have endgame style rewards. More stuff to spend pristine relics on like say black lion keys, T6 mat packs, Ascended weapons boxes (Say 10 per box), Mini’s Etc and just better scaling for fractal rewards as an example
2. Dynamic Events: I personally would love to the events better linked to lore and to have more of an impact on the the world. More events like the ulgoth chain, Opening COF and temples would be nice. (Maybe have a terrortorial border overlay like in guild wars 1 showing region occupied by centuars, Risen and the flame legion etc).
3. Build Diversity and balance: I want more Runes, Sigils, Traits and skills. I want to be able to have countless build options and be able to create unique builds and make fixes to old one’s while you at it (Example why does a warriors healing signet outdo the entire necromancer bloodline. That’s not balanced or fair)

That’s my big 3 at the moment

in CDI

Posted by: maddog.3179

maddog.3179

1) World bosses
2)Living world events
3)Ascended items (why were they necessary? They feel like a lot of work for a not a whole lot of reward)

Also are there any plans to make the Precursor weapon’s craftable so that the ability to make legendary weapons is a bit less random?

in CDI

Posted by: BrandenburgAngel.7561

BrandenburgAngel.7561

Role-Playing:

1. An Open Salma; uninstanced and available to any and all players
2. Functional chairs. Did the seating of Tyria have an emancipation proclamation notarized by the Gods themselves?
3. NPC Garments: Available for players!

in CDI

Posted by: Mint Rain.6798

Mint Rain.6798

1) Roleplaying. Specifically: Can we please get more things that cater to us? Chairs that we can sit in would be lovely, maybe some more armor designs, -something-. Even selling chairs on the gem store so you don’t have to fix -all- chairs.

2) Living Story. Specifically: Dragons. Jormag is knocking on Hoelbrak’s door, but yet we are still dealing with Scarlet. I appreciate that you want a super bad villain, but I’d love to move onto the other five super Tyrian villains.

3) Guilds: Specifically: Guild halls and their future.

in CDI

Posted by: Mortifact.3102

Mortifact.3102

1. Story and lore presentation post-personal story. Return of long lore rich scavenger hunts or alternative text rich story events.
2. New areas and expansion content
3. Player home instances revamp/housing

in CDI

Posted by: Veplerion.3921

Veplerion.3921

1.) Engine performance (DX11, better multi-core use, etc)
2.) Concerns over the increased use of time gating (ascended items/weapons, the once a day things, etc)
3.) Crafting. The entire system is cookie-cutter and unprofitable. Throwing ascended weapons/amor on there just makes things even worse. Why not make use of your game world exploration and try making crafting completely different than any other MMO, instead of it being so similar to other games.

in CDI

Posted by: mingnonchan.2851

mingnonchan.2851

1) Housing. You guys have been strangely mum on it even though it was confirmed, especially regarding the guild halls.
2) Roleplaying. There’s been an uncaring attitude towards this. Namely the town clothes which are meant to be roleplaying items but instead they’re mostly used as a bling vehicle.
3) More depth and variety to PVE as a whole. So far there’s just been a focus on combat, combat, jumping puzzles, combat, a smidge of crafting, combat… and then there’s mostly been the temporary content. I feel mainly burned out and not really there because of that.

in CDI

Posted by: Aspeon.3520

Aspeon.3520

1. Grind.
2. Permanent open world content.
3. Viability of different builds. (Zerker über alles)

in CDI

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Some things i’ve been wondering about for quite some time now.

- Rangers – Players Perceptions of the class and Developers thoughts on this class and why they differ between the two. Also pet mechanics overhauls?

- Engineers – Players Perceptions of the class and Developers thoughts on this class and why they differ between the two. Also Turret mechanics and overhauls?

- PvE/WvW/sPvP and class balancing between the aspects of the game.

- New Content that will open up the world and dramatically build on what we have..

- New Quests/Stories for our Characters to do and progress with.

- New Skills/builds and how players can help with what you’re adding etc..

in CDI

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

1.) Previous Living Story chapters being accessible to players new and old

2.) Achievements/Rewards being permanently obtainable at the player’s leisure

3.) Gem Store and how it is being ruined by incessant RNG chests instead of offering items or skins at a set price like in GW1

Late to this thread, unfortunately, but I respect that you all are actually taking the time trying to get some real feedback from us. I was getting close to calling it quits on this game after the Halloween update feeling very stripped down compared to last year, and the fact that you all actually excluded new players or players who missed out on last year’s achievements and scavenger hunt from participating/achieving them in a recurring holiday event.

in CDI

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

PvE
1. vertical progression- ascended gear vs horizontal progression- skills and traits
2 Living Story and how it can be used to tie into and drive the main plotline
3 Player housing/guild housing
4 a functional wardrobe system

Gunnar’s Hold

in CDI

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

1. Expansion/“living” world
2. Ascended grind/General grind
3. Dunno…player created content?

in CDI

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

1. New Zones / Professions / Races / Dungeons / etc. basicly Expansion ?

2. Harder Dungeons that actually require build composition / teamwork and cant be just zerked thru, which reasonable reward

3. Ascended Gear Treadmill

(edited by Sizzle Hint.1820)

in CDI

Posted by: Kalidri.5427

Kalidri.5427

1. I would do just about anything to have tools to manage my guild (last logged in, last repped etc) and have somewhere we could quickly meet without someone being unable to reach the location or being forced to meet somewhere obnoxiously crowded and disruptive that may have overflows.

2. RP things. More emotes. Can we have the dances from GW? A wardrobe tab where things neatly store in sets so I don’t have to one by one click on pieces that often look similar (some of us are somewhat blind…). Some of my characters have a lot of armor sets and this is not true only of RP folks.

3. Templates for builds. You know, like how GW did it? That system was fantastic and I am endlessly frustrated now trying to remember things I create.

Goseldt – TC/[TLS]/I just wanna dance.

in CDI

Posted by: AlfaR.9257

AlfaR.9257

1. Risk/reward imbalance (e. g. compare fotm 40+ with open-world bosses)

2. Overabundance of RNG rewards.

3. Condition stacking cap in PvE.

in CDI

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

1. Living Story and Temporary Content (my stance is that all achievement/reward-granting content should be permanently, outside of recurring content, but I’m eager for discussion that can lead to compromise)

2. Greater support for Alts (more per character rewards. Scaling rewards to a character’s true level will probably be needed to combat abuse)

3. Greater reward inter-exchangeability (mainly linked to account-bound rewards for things like Bloodstone Dust and Ascended items. If a player does not like, or is not interested, in such content, they should have a way to exchange it for another reward like karma or gold)

Other areas of interest I’d like to look at include a PvE Armor Wardrobe, more roleplaying support options, and other quality of life improvements like the ability to save/load build templates.

in CDI

Posted by: Miporin.3529

Miporin.3529

Hi All,

Recently we spent some time discussing the concept of collaborative development with some of our community. The thread can be found here:

[url]https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Collaborative-Development/first[url]

We talked about rolling out a new process in which over a set time period we can discuss design philosophies behind the main components of Guild Wars 2.

The first part of the plan is for you all to list the top three sections of this area of the game that you would like to discuss:

For example for PVE your list might be:

1: Living World
2: Roleplaying
3: Ascended items

After a couple of days we will choose the number 1 topic in each area and then create the threads within the specific areas for us all to discuss, brainstorm and share our opinions on.

Chris

Ok, i start:

1) No GEAR GRIND, instead of introduce more armours/trinkets/weapons where you have to farm and grind to make them, introduce NEW SKINS with the same exotic stats so everyone will be at the same level.
If you introduce new timesink gear you will create a gap between hardcore players and people who have a lot of time to play and casual players that can play only few hours the week.

2) More dynamic and FUN events, stop introducing ONLY story achievements that nobody cares (at least me and my friends don’t give a kitten)

3) Make WwW a big map not 3 separate worlds, make loot if you kill invaders better, at the moment WwW is stagnant, not fun, and not required. More massive events, more conquers, less instances.

Atm, the only thing i do is log-in, do dungeons, for money, buy equip, log-out. No incentive to play on WwW, no incentive to do sidekick events apart of daily achievement to farm laurel for acended (thanks anet to introduce more grind and farm gear progression).
I’m playing Gw2 because i dont have anything to do atm and is the best themepark among mmorpgs in the market, but the game is stagnant and redundant, to keep people more you need to improve and change your game.

Ah i forget, WHERE ARE GUILD WARS? And GUILD Headquarters?

Where are Race vs Race events? And Class vs Class?

Duels and arenas?

These things are what i consider more fun.

(edited by Miporin.3529)

in CDI

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

1. Rng loot system
2. Grind like for example 20.000 candy corn for mini -.-
3. vertical and horizontal progression

in CDI

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Topics to discuss in PvE:
1) Usability of all classes and builds (zerker warrior only groups should not be the single best option all the time)
2) Make crafting meaningful
3) Solutions for the overflow problem

WvW:
1) Come up with ways to scale points/success better for less populated servers/smaller groups
2) Get rid of PvE achievements in WvW zones, at least as long as there is still an overflow problem
3) Create more single tasks to work towards in smaller groups

in CDI

Posted by: Ekense.5279

Ekense.5279

Hello,

PvE:
1. Would be lovely if we could have a ‘’Guild Hall’‘, instance just for guilds.
2. Little better balance, nerf the warrior Healing Signet as its passive is now too too strong, even vs condition dmg necro or any else that can bump conditions fast.
3.New armor skins that dosen’t need to be purchased via gemstore, at least make new armors for Charrs, but PLEASE create only for charrs, as now days we have armors that fit any class but bugs with charr, EXCEPTION is cultural.

[Re]rolled
Server: Gunnar’s Hold
Warrior

in CDI

Posted by: Joq.7102

Joq.7102

PvE:
1. RNG
2. Alt (un)friendliness
3. Skin locker

in CDI

Posted by: aahisatonapin.8057

aahisatonapin.8057

PvE (based off of what I spend most of my time doing/would like to be doing, since that is what I personally would like to have the most improvements/additions)

1) Guilds, management tools are nice, more guild missions and things aimed at doing with guildmates would be better in my opinion… but really just discussing it would be great

2)Jumping Puzzles- love these things, SAB has been my favourit living story so far, I know there is already alot of jumping puzzles but other things, like maybe jumping puzzle chests giving you stuff to craft special items (Like boots with wings on them for example)… again discussion on improvements/additions to it would be great

3)More skills and traits, this one is pretty self-explanatory

in CDI

Posted by: Chiuna.2538

Chiuna.2538

1. Future direction of the game – we keep hearing “nothing’s off the table” but I would really like to know, generally, what is actually being planned at this point. Which parts of the manifesto still apply?
2. Ascended Gear and vertical progression
3. Alt-friendliness

in CDI

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Hard to say which are the most important topics, but let’s start with those:

1) Ascended gear/Vertical vs horizontal progression

2) Challenge vs reward in different game modes

3) Class balance

I assume that is only for the first instance of player-developer discussion, and that new topics will continue to be added later on.

Also, i really have to mention something (again), that you seem to be forgetting about. Something that is not directly part of the community feedback, so i didn’t put it in the points above.

Developer feedback

Basically, everytime you introduce a major change to the game, or do a class balance, you should put a developer explanation of the reasoning behind those changes. What you expect to achieve there, and why you decided upon those methods and not others. Lack of developer feedback is a glaring problem since day one, a problem that has been pointed to you time and time again, and one that is significantly responsible for the general negative community response.
We need to know what’s going on – and the blog posts, that are full of “positive thinking” but scarce on actual information only make the situation worse, not better.

It was possible to do in GW1. It is possible to do in lot of other MMO’s. It should be possible here as well.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in CDI

Posted by: Bioanian.7016

Bioanian.7016

PVE

1. Armor : I am sick and tired of heavy and light armor wearers get a variety of styles while Meduim wearers get to choose between Trench coats and trench coats. Is a sleeveless armor piece that’s not human exclusive that hard to ask for?

2. Living world: Enough with all this grinding! It’s about time you make them fun. Bring on new lands to explore that stays here for good!

3. Gem store. Too much “spend money for a chance” and not enough, “Spend money to have”.