4 Levvi's Detectors into the MF?

in Crafting

Posted by: PooPooTron.3495

PooPooTron.3495

So during this clockworld thing, I’ve gotten a couple of the same exotic rifle. If I put 4 into the Mystic Forge, it’ll give me something new, right?

in Crafting

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

There is a chance that you will get the same thing but it is much more likely that you will get something new.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Crafting

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

If you put in 4 rifles, you will only get a rifle back.

If you put in 3 rifles and another type of weapon, eg a greatsword, you could get any type of weapon in return.

Same goes if you put in 3 rifles and a mystic forge stone. Your return will still be random but you’ll have a higher chance at other named exotics (which includes precursors).

in Crafting

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

If you put in 3 rifles and another type of weapon, eg a greatsword, you could get any type of weapon in return.

Same goes if you put in 3 rifles and a mystic forge stone. Your return will still be random but you’ll have a higher chance at other named exotics (which includes precursors).

Wait what? You can combine 3 exotics and mystic forge stone??? To what result? Does it work with rares too?

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Wait what? You can combine 3 exotics and mystic forge stone??? To what result? Does it work with rares too?

Yes.

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Everything you ever needed to know, and probably some that you don’t: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Forge_Stone

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

if you put in 3 rifles and a mystic forge stone … you’ll have a higher chance at other named exotics (which includes precursors).

Source for this data, please? I assume that using a Mystic Forge Stone does not affect your loot table chances at all.

in Crafting

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

if you put in 3 rifles and a mystic forge stone … you’ll have a higher chance at other named exotics (which includes precursors).

Source for this data, please? I assume that using a Mystic Forge Stone does not affect your loot table chances at all.

I had always thought that forge stone does not increase your chance and that it only counts as the highest level item you put in. So putting in four level 75 axes has the same chance to be a precursor as 3 level 75 axes and a stone.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Crafting

Posted by: Snoflake.9087

Snoflake.9087

Personal experience.

I have loaded a couple of thousand items (rare and exotic) into the forge in sets of 4 over the last year and gotten barely anything worth my time in return.

I decided to use the mass of mystic forge stones I got out of the achieve chests (as they were taking up precious bank space) and three rares in the toilet at a time.

My results were 3 precursors – Storm (Meteorlogicus), Rage (Frenzy) and Rodgort’s Flame (Rodgort) and a result of about 1 exotic for every 4 uses. And out of those exotics, more than half were named.

Fair enough that most of the named ones were rubbish skins that noone wants, but they were still named ones.

in Crafting

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

Personal experience.

I have loaded a couple of thousand items (rare and exotic) into the forge in sets of 4 over the last year and gotten barely anything worth my time in return.

I decided to use the mass of mystic forge stones I got out of the achieve chests (as they were taking up precious bank space) and three rares in the toilet at a time.

My results were 3 precursors – Storm (Meteorlogicus), Rage (Frenzy) and Rodgort’s Flame (Rodgort) and a result of about 1 exotic for every 4 uses. And out of those exotics, more than half were named.

Fair enough that most of the named ones were rubbish skins that noone wants, but they were still named ones.

I don’t know, sounds like RNG being RNG?