Ascended weps process - Tedious like Jedi

in Crafting

Posted by: Brooklyn.9578

Brooklyn.9578

I know it could not have been intended to be this way…

Straight to the point, after getting to 500, where’s the fun in this? Mindless grinding is my specific point. It would be nice if some lore was added in, travel to Southsun, talk to NPC who sends you on a quest etc…

As is, there’s Nothing worthwhile at 500 all by itself. The carrot seems to never get here.

By the time i’m 1/4 of the way to gathering mats for one Vision Crystal, I’m burnt out and cannot stand to login to the game. One whole bag filled with useless bricks… but I’m 500

(Pre NGE Jedi that is for those that mistake my meaning )

Maginary – Mesmer
Joomanji – Necro
Atmosphir – Elementalist

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

You’re probable burned out because you’re rushing a process that’s meant to take time. Ascended gear is purposely gated to prevent it being rushed through. Play the game was normal, and you’ll see that you get a lot of needed items, like Dragonites and Empyreals. I already got about 5 stacks of each, mostly from WvWing.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Brooklyn.9578

Brooklyn.9578

No i’m not rushing. Just burnt out. Put it to you this way. What else can be made at 500 and are your skills usefull to anyone else, or even the guild? any trinkets? Better weapon stones or smaller upgrades etc? no, no and no. Even over time it’s boring but it might be just me.

I’m used to a Master craftsman having skills usefull to…the guild…guild wars.

Maginary – Mesmer
Joomanji – Necro
Atmosphir – Elementalist

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I didn’t find that making my weapons for my main burnt me out. If I was to try to do it for all of my 80’s… then yea… I’m sort of prepping for ascended armorcrafting now. Compared to some other mmo’s this isn’t too bad imo (although I preferred just exotics as max tier).

I dislike how they did the time gating though. Who are they to tell a player they can’t go get more frags on one day if they only have that one free day that week if they want to? IMO if they want to do time gating they could have done it in such better ways. Multiply the max rewards by 7, make it a max per week. That way it’s not just a daily chore and there is more flexibility for the players.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

I didn’t find that making my weapons for my main burnt me out. If I was to try to do it for all of my 80’s… then yea… I’m sort of prepping for ascended armorcrafting now. Compared to some other mmo’s this isn’t too bad imo (although I preferred just exotics as max tier).

I dislike how they did the time gating though. Who are they to tell a player they can’t go get more frags on one day if they only have that one free day that week if they want to? IMO if they want to do time gating they could have done it in such better ways. Multiply the max rewards by 7, make it a max per week. That way it’s not just a daily chore and there is more flexibility for the players.

There’s a problem with your time gating approach too.

Someone who can play 5+ hours a day can likely finish the max rewards in 1-2 days. Then one of three things happens: 1) they have no reason to log into the game for the rest of the week. 2) they complain that there’s nothing for them to do, and they don’t want any time gating as its unfair to them (essentially your current argument taken to the extreme). 3) they then work on something else letting them pull ahead further of someone who only plays 2-3 days a week.

I don’t like time gating that much, but I still can’t think of a better method than daily time gated things.

Gw2 was suppose to be a game that you could take a break from and then come back and still be competitive/not have to rush to catch up to do any new content. Honestly, I am not looking forward to ascended armor, just like I wasn’t for weapons. To take someone else’s suggestion with my own twist. If they just let you add infusion slots to exotic armor via fractal relics it would have been the best thing for players (but maybe not the game economy).

in Crafting

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

I would have been fine with it being time gated IF they made the finished product something amazing. Aside from the “oh look, better stats” aspect the ascended weapons aren’t too cool… would’ve been nice if I worked a long time for a weapon I am not just going to reskin :P

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

You’re probable burned out because you’re rushing a process that’s meant to take time.

LOL

I’ll be crafting my 3rd Ascended today, …on my second character to reach 500 in crafting, and so far the only Mats I’ve bought were 2 delds.

The kicker is: I don’t farm in this game. I used to farm in Gw1 but that was because we were forced to. ….okay now maybe Anet intended for this to take people a long time, but if you actually understand just how gimmicky Anet’s ideas of “challenge” have always been, then it’s actually really easy.

That’s not to say I’m some elite player or dismissing just what a PITA this can be. Infact it’s the OPPOSITE I’m saying here: It IS a big PITA, but only for those people who work “harder” instead of smarter. Anet’s “grind”, is a gimmick, a really binary gimmick. Once you understand that, it gets a lot easier to deal with. It doesn’t become any le$$ boring, no, but you definitely waste a lot less resources once you understand it.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Someone who can play 5+ hours a day can likely finish the max rewards in 1-2 days. Then one of three things happens: 1) they have no reason to log into the game for the rest of the week. 2) they complain that there’s nothing for them to do, and they don’t want any time gating as its unfair to them (essentially your current argument taken to the extreme). 3) they then work on something else letting them pull ahead further of someone who only plays 2-3 days a week.

I don’t like time gating that much, but I still can’t think of a better method than daily time gated things.

Gw2 was suppose to be a game that you could take a break from and then come back and still be competitive/not have to rush to catch up to do any new content. Honestly, I am not looking forward to ascended armor, just like I wasn’t for weapons. To take someone else’s suggestion with my own twist. If they just let you add infusion slots to exotic armor via fractal relics it would have been the best thing for players (but maybe not the game economy).

Sounds like you think people won’t be able to control themselves with doing dalies in a game… I disagree.

With things that are gated a number of times in a week Vs. one per day… it just winds up being better for the people that can only log in for a few days a week (say weekend players), those who might miss a day here and there (say some one needs to go to the doctor or whatever), and the ones that log in every day can still do it every single day. It would just allow players to do it more on their own scheduals while it still being capped instead of every single day or you fall behind.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

As someone who made a claymore like 2 days after the weapon patch, some people can grind really fast with no issues for others it might take longer. Just go at your own pace i got really burnt out on gw2 and stopped playing for 3 months a while back , actually helped a lot now im enjoying myself again.

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Sounds like you think people won’t be able to control themselves with doing dalies in a game… I disagree.

With things that are gated a number of times in a week Vs. one per day… it just winds up being better for the people that can only log in for a few days a week (say weekend players), those who might miss a day here and there (say some one needs to go to the doctor or whatever), and the ones that log in every day can still do it every single day. It would just allow players to do it more on their own scheduals while it still being capped instead of every single day or you fall behind.

How would anyone really be falling behind? The stat increases are marginal at best. They are supposed to be “end game” weapons, something to work toward.

Besides, if you have gold, buy the time gated stuff off the TP and farm the ore and fragments at your leisure. You will have an ascended weapon in no time even if you can’t log in everyday.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

How would anyone really be falling behind? The stat increases are marginal at best. They are supposed to be “end game” weapons, something to work toward.

Besides, if you have gold, buy the time gated stuff off the TP and farm the ore and fragments at your leisure. You will have an ascended weapon in no time even if you can’t log in everyday.

Even if you buy the stuff off of the tp, you’re still limited to the number of frags/dragonite you can get in a day. Why not just make it that you can do everything 7 times within a week for those players that play a lot during the weekends etc.?

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

cranked.3812

Even if you buy the stuff off of the tp, you’re still limited to the number of frags/dragonite you can get in a day. Why not just make it that you can do everything 7 times within a week for those players that play a lot during the weekends etc.?

Because the frags and ore are still very easy to acquire. Sure, you can’t get it all in a day, but it doesn’t take that long.

Your argument is invalid anyway if you only play on the weekends. You think you can get enough of the frags and ore in two days, but still believe the time gated mats are the problem? If you are so casual that you can only log 1-2 days a week, do you think you should have ascended weapons in those 2 days? If it was easy enough for that casual of a player to have them in that short time frame, everyone who logs daily would have them in an hour.

You buy the ingots and planks on the TP and you end up time gated by the ore and frags anyway, so what is the difference if it moved to a 7 per week anyway? It’s as if you want a different solution, yet the one you offer has the same limitations. You are now arguing for the sake of arguing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Because the frags and ore are still very easy to acquire. Sure, you can’t get it all in a day, but it doesn’t take that long.

Your argument is invalid anyway if you only play on the weekends. You think you can get enough of the frags and ore in two days, but still believe the time gated mats are the problem? If you are so casual that you can only log 1-2 days a week, do you think you should have ascended weapons in those 2 days? If it was easy enough for that casual of a player to have them in that short time frame, everyone who logs daily would have them in an hour.

You buy the ingots and planks on the TP and you end up time gated by the ore and frags anyway, so what is the difference if it moved to a 7 per week anyway? It’s as if you want a different solution, yet the one you offer has the same limitations. You are now arguing for the sake of arguing.

People don’t like to feel left behind, if you’re someone who plays only on weekends, you’ll feel like you missed out on 5 day’s worth of mats that you can never catch up on because of the time gating. I actually like his idea — it’d probably make these weekend players more satisfied with their gaming experience. (I’d imagine that they’re a big enough portion of the customer base that making them happy would be worth the trouble.)

in Crafting

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I know where the OP is coming from. Even once you’ve made an ascended weapon you’re gloomy just thinking that you should make another. I suppose it is all a state of mind and if you know something more fun to do in game then you should just do it. If you’ve nothing you want to do and grinding ascended isn’t going to pass the time then don’t log on until there’s something new.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Just a jfyi I’m a daily player, but I know people that quit or won’t play because of the daily chore nature of this game right now.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

It’s not that bad to be honest. I first thought it would be when the ascended weapons came out, but I actually managed to craft an ascended GS a few weeks ago, and then decided to go for a legendary right after. I started with 90g after crafting Zojja’s GS, ankitten ow only needing silver doubloons and icy runestones for Jugg (without gambling as well – bought the precursor with gold). In addition, I have 2 additional vision crystals purely from WvW and daily dungeon runs as well as Tequatl and world boss attempts for farming rares to salvage.

Attachments:

(edited by Shifu.4321)

in Crafting

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

im working on my 3rd ascended weapon , really its not that hard my only issue is the little Dragonite ore you get in WvW

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

im working on my 3rd ascended weapon , really its not that hard my only issue is the little Dragonite ore you get in WvW

you get little dragonite in WvW but tons of fragments. In PvE it is the other way around. Still, I manage to get both at steady rate so it wont cause delays. Meaning every 5 days I can craft an ascended weapon.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

cranked.3812

People don’t like to feel left behind, if you’re someone who plays only on weekends, you’ll feel like you missed out on 5 day’s worth of mats that you can never catch up on because of the time gating. I actually like his idea — it’d probably make these weekend players more satisfied with their gaming experience. (I’d imagine that they’re a big enough portion of the customer base that making them happy would be worth the trouble.)

Your not understanding the situation. How will anyone be left behind? You can buy the time gated mats on the TP. Then you farm the frags and ore at your own pace.

If you play the game 2 days a week, then it’s just too kitten bad if you get left behind. Why would it ever make sense for a person who plays 2 days a week to stay at the same pace within the game as someone who plays 7 days a week?

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

you get little dragonite in WvW but tons of fragments. In PvE it is the other way around. Still, I manage to get both at steady rate so it wont cause delays. Meaning every 5 days I can craft an ascended weapon.

From personal experience it’s far faster to do PvE for fragments. Just go run the fast cof1/2 se 1/3 hotw1 TAkittenAC runs. You’ll get more fragments faster than if you were to do WvW… as well as more gold and tokens (can be exchanged for even more gold).

Your not understanding the situation. How will anyone be left behind? You can buy the time gated mats on the TP. Then you farm the frags and ore at your own pace.

If you play the game 2 days a week, then it’s just too kitten bad if you get left behind. Why would it ever make sense for a person who plays 2 days a week to stay at the same pace within the game as someone who plays 7 days a week?

Because both of those players could be putting in the same amount of time, but progressing at different paces because they can only do most things once per day in this game. If you look at it from an A-Net POV… they would increase their potential customers. Heck the ones that don’t have time to log in every day may well be doing it because they have jobs… which would me more potential cash for them to spend in the gem shop.

Changing it from once a day to 7 times a week wouldn’t hurt any daily players (unless they just couldn’t control themselves). It would help everyone involved by making the whole thing more flexible.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Crafting

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

ArenaNet’s new design philosophy is to use carrots to reinforce grind. Instead of giving players compelling gameplay to play, they change the rewards of old tired gameplay and require mindless repetition to get a stat upgrade that the game simply didn’t need.

Did you do world bosses at launch? Do them again when they were given a guaranteed rare? Did you do them again when you could get champion bags? Are you doing them again now that you need Bloodstone Dust and Dragonite Orr? Ok, that’s a lie. No-one needs Bloodstone Dust.

I’ve run every dungeon in the game for the last 12 months, I’ve done the world events, I’ve done the jumping puzzles. The carrot keeps changing but for the most part the content is the same. At some point the devs need to stop thinking they can implement a new grind, a new carrot, a new skinner box tool that they can use to recycle content. It’s so manipulative the way they go about it and very little of this last year’s worth of ascended content is actually content driven. It’s all the same content you’re grinding, just with a different carrot. Worst part is you have to craft this one.

in Crafting

cranked.3812

Changing it from once a day to 7 times a week wouldn’t hurt any daily players (unless they just couldn’t control themselves). It would help everyone involved by making the whole thing more flexible.

That is your mentality because you want the crafting to be that way. I have no stake one way or the other, if anything I don’t care for the time gating, but I see it from anet’s perspective. You also are mistaken, it wouldn’t help everyone because it would be more flexible, it would help you (or players like you) who play limitedly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Just a jfyi I’m a daily player, but I know people that quit or won’t play because of the daily chore nature of this game right now.

Those people aren’t really being objective. There is nothing ‘chore-ish’ about a game where you don’t NEED to do much of anything to perform in the top 80 percentile. Simply playing the game would get people what they needed to craft ascendeds …. just not in 10 minutes like most people expect.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

That is your mentality because you want the crafting to be that way. I have no stake one way or the other, if anything I don’t care for the time gating, but I see it from anet’s perspective. You also are mistaken, it wouldn’t help everyone because it would be more flexible, it would help you (or players like you) who play limitedly.

It would add more potential players. It would still be time gated, just more flexible. I play GW just about every day so it wouldn’t even help me specifically, but more of my friends might be willing to play who don’t because they have larger RL responsabilities (mainly work). Those types of players also have more free cash than I do (another good thing for a-net).

If you can think of a reason why it would be bad for anyone I would certainly like to hear it and take it into consideration.

Those people aren’t really being objective. There is nothing ‘chore-ish’ about a game where you don’t NEED to do much of anything to perform in the top 80 percentile. Simply playing the game would get people what they needed to craft ascendeds …. just not in 10 minutes like most people expect.

It’s not about NEED, it’s about a quality of life change which would also help bring in more players. It turns people away that they structured it so that it’s not flexible enough to include weekend players who want to be at the top. Not everyone is happy with just being an average run of the mill player in exotics. Heck there are entire games that profit off of just those types of players.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Please quantify the difference in your quality of life moving from exotic to ascended weapons because frankly, I think that’s just a nonsense argument. QoL favours exotic gear, not ascended.

This is REALLY simple … BiS gear shouldn’t be easy or cheap to get and because of the the marginal stat increase you get from them over exotic, there is no reason for any casual player to QQ about it’s cost. Expect to put in the time for BiS gear if you really want it, period.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Please quantify the difference in your quality of life moving from exotic to ascended weapons because frankly, I think that’s just a nonsense argument. QoL favours exotic gear, not ascended.

This is REALLY simple … BiS gear shouldn’t be easy or cheap to get and because of the the marginal stat increase you get from them over exotic, there is no reason for any casual player to QQ about it’s cost. Expect to put in the time for BiS gear if you really want it, period.

It would free up everyone that is going for ascended to be able to do it more on their schedule Vs. once per day events. It’s fine that you don’t care about ascended or being at the top gear wise, but other players and potential players do.

You would still need to put in the same exact amount of cash/work, it would just not need to be done every single day. You could do some things say 3x on your day off, then 2x two other days that you have time. You’re still doing it 7 times in a week regardless. It’s just 7 times a week on your schedule compared to once a day which is far more restrictive.

From a buisness POV… the player that’s happy with exotics probably isn’t going to be spending much to have this or that. They are easily satisfied with what the average player can easily obtain themselves (nothing wrong with that). It’s the ones that want to be at the top in some regard (best gear, ALL the minis, the BEST looking character, etc.) that are more likely to spend do so. By having it be daily they are cutting out people who work a lot (thus potentially have more free cash).

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

It would free up everyone that is going for ascended to be able to do it more on their schedule Vs. once per day events. It’s fine that you don’t care about ascended or being at the top gear wise, but other players and potential players do.

That’s a pretty amusing argument considering that

1) it doesn’t take that long to get those time-gated elements anyways.
2) you get those time-gated elements DOING the stuff ingame you claim you would have more time to do if you weren’t farming Ascended.

I’m going to put forth the claim that if Ascendeds WEREN’T time-gated, then the casual people would be left sucking dust for the events that drop the mats because the hardcore people would have farmed theirs in a few days.

No one should be upset about Ascendeds … the concept and the approach to crafting them is more than reasonable.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

That’s a pretty amusing argument considering that

1) it doesn’t take that long to get those time-gated elements anyways.
2) you get those time-gated elements DOING the stuff ingame you claim you would have more time to do if you weren’t farming Ascended.

I’m going to put forth the claim that if Ascendeds WEREN’T time-gated, then the casual people would be left sucking dust for the events that drop the mats because the hardcore people would have farmed theirs in a few days.

No one should be upset about Ascendeds … the concept and the approach to crafting them is more than reasonable.

Not long is very subjective and depends on how much free time you have throughout the week due to the daily nature/limit of the rewards.

It would still be time gated. Just by week instead of by every single day. I don’t know how many more ways I can explain that.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

I don’t believe you’re really being objective here.

Let’s ask a different question: How many ingame hours and equivalent gold do you think it should cost to get a weapon that is EQUIVALENT in stats to a Legendary. Keep in mind of what a legendary costs …. Now try and tell us again how ‘hard’ and ‘long’ it takes to get an Ascended weapon. You don’t have an argument.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Let’s ask a different question: How many ingame hours and equivalent gold do you think it should cost to get a weapon that is EQUIVALENT in stats to a Legendary. Keep in mind of what a legendary costs …. Now try and tell us again how ‘hard’ and ‘long’ it takes to get an Ascended weapon. You don’t have an argument.

Dude… there would be no cost or time required change in obtaining an ascended weapon if you made it gated 7 times a week compared to once a day. What are you even going on about?

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

2 months ago, I got a weapon equivalent in stats to a legendary in 30 seconds.

in Crafting

Posted by: jonwar.4186

jonwar.4186

I know it could not have been intended to be this way…

Straight to the point, after getting to 500, where’s the fun in this? Mindless grinding is my specific point. It would be nice if some lore was added in, travel to Southsun, talk to NPC who sends you on a quest etc…

As is, there’s Nothing worthwhile at 500 all by itself. The carrot seems to never get here.

By the time i’m 1/4 of the way to gathering mats for one Vision Crystal, I’m burnt out and cannot stand to login to the game. One whole bag filled with useless bricks… but I’m 500

(Pre NGE Jedi that is for those that mistake my meaning )

/check

“You feel a bright glow within yourself, The force is with you”

+10000 for quoting that amazing game. holocron grind jedi here

Sword Dagger Thief
Ferguson’s Crossing [MAIN]

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

2 months ago, I got a weapon equivalent in stats to a legendary in 30 seconds.

That’s precisely my point … you didn’t hear people QQing about making Exotic weapons even though they had the same stats as Legendaries did you? No you didn’t because that would have been REALLY stupid. Sort of like how people are QQing about how ‘hard’ Ascendeds are even though they have the same stats as Legendaries now.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Dude… there would be no cost or time required change in obtaining an ascended weapon if you made it gated 7 times a week compared to once a day. What are you even going on about?

I’m not surprised you don’t get my point …

The fact you can craft a weapon at MUCH lower cost and time to the BiS weapons with the same stats means that there is NO reason to cry about how ‘long’ it takes to craft that weapon.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

I’m not surprised you don’t get my point …

The fact you can craft a weapon at MUCH lower cost and time to the BiS weapons with the same stats means that there is NO reason to cry about how ‘long’ it takes to craft that weapon.

There would be no change in the time invested to get the BiS weapons. None what so ever. I understand that you don’t care, because you can play every day… but other people can’t and do care. I can play every day as well. I have multiple ascended weapons. This wouldn’t help me at all personally. There is no crying involved (lol). I’m just trying to think of ways to help other people with a problem.

Why not let people do things on their own time schedules but still keep it gated and keep the mats the same? What harm would this cause to have it gated 7 times a week compared to per 1 day? It just would make the game appeal to more people and net a-net more $. I see no downside for anyone involved. That’s my argument which you somehow missed. If you can think of a reason that would be bad for anyone that would be a valid counter argument to my posts.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Why not let people do things on their own time schedules but still keep it gated and keep the mats the same?

You don’t really get it … it takes the SAME (I’m speaking order of magnitude here) amount of time for a guy who’s hardcore to get the mats as it does the casual guy. The schedule has nothing to do with it. As I already pointed out, the time gating actually BENEFITS the casual guy because it DOES match their schedule. At least moreso than the hardcore guy.

What harm would this cause to have it gated 7 times a week compared to per 1 day?

I don’t know, but that’s not a good argument to change it either. There are LOTS of options and you can claim that any of them ‘cause no harm’. Anet picked the one THEY thought appropriate for the game; a much more compelling argument than “Hey, I want my stuff as fast as the farmer hardcore guy gets it, even though I spend less time ingame”.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

cranked.3812

Anet makes a lot of money running the game the way they do. From their perspective, it benefits them to have people logging in everyday. Whether that drives more gem store sales or, as some people poke fun at, it makes the investors happy. It doesn’t matter either way.

No one can really argue if more players would play the way it is or if it were every 7 days because no one knows except maybe anet and they aren’t going to reveal that info to us. Realistically, you should be logging in and playing because you enjoy playing the game. If you can only play the game two days a week, shouldn’t it take you longer to obtain ascended weapons? Why should it take the same amount of time for a person who plays two days and a person who plays seven days to get an ascended weapon? That makes no sense.

On top of all that, let’s get back to the main point. You can buy ALL the time gated mats on the TP. Why do you think people had ascended weapons like three days after the patch? Not sure why you think changing it to 7 days a week will change anything. People who play on weekends are just as able to make an ascended in a short amount of time.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Why not let people do things on their own time schedules but still keep it gated and keep the mats the same?

You don’t really get it … it takes the SAME (I’m speaking order of magnitude here) amount of time for a guy who’s hardcore to get the mats as it does the casual guy. The schedule has nothing to do with it. As I already pointed out, the time gating actually BENEFITS the casual guy because it DOES match their schedule. At least moreso than the hardcore guy.

What harm would this cause to have it gated 7 times a week compared to per 1 day?

I don’t know, but that’s not a good argument to change it either. There are LOTS of options and you can claim that any of them ‘cause no harm’. Anet picked the one THEY thought appropriate for the game; a much more compelling argument than “Hey, I want my stuff as fast as the farmer hardcore guy gets it, even though I spend less time ingame”.

Scheduals do have a lot to do with it. Like I said before… many people have the weekends off but are busy during the week and can’t get into the game every single day. It would help those people get it faster without changing the time needed to aquire the materials in game.

It would still be time gated, so it that wouldn’t change anything between casual Vs. hardcore. Making it 7 times a week has the same gate that 1 per day does. It’s just more flexible.

Just because A-net chose it to be daily vs. weekly gated doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be beneficial for them and some of their player base to change how it’s implemented without changing the in game time. So the pluses are they would appeal to those players (the ones who work and have a higher likely hood of having free $ for a-net, hopefully gaining more players) and even the players who arn’t that type would benefit by not having to do it every single day (instead they would have more freedom to go do what they wanted when they wanted). Thus, it gives more freedom to current players PLUS helps a-net gain more players PLUS doesn’t hurt anyone. Those are pretty good reasons.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Obtena.7952

Like I said before… many people have the weekends off but are busy during the week and can’t get into the game every single day. It would help those people get it faster without changing the time needed to aquire the materials in game.

Why is your basic assumption that people that play less need to get their stuff faster? What is the premise you are basing this on? I just don’t see why there needs to be a change for this to happen.

Frankly, casual players should not be Anet’s focus in this game model. They are MORE likely to stop playing (and not buy gems) than the guy that plays hours a day. Why should any change benefit this class of player? There is no argument for sub fees … they already paid their initial cost. I don’t see a reason. Anet isn’t going to get players based on a change non-players have no idea about anyways. That argument is nonsense.

Bottom line is that this is a business and their best approach is to encourage people to log in to play. That’s not done by dumping BiS gear in people’s laps that play 1 hour a week.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Like I said before… many people have the weekends off but are busy during the week and can’t get into the game every single day. It would help those people get it faster without changing the time needed to aquire the materials in game.

Why is your basic assumption that people that play less need to get their stuff faster? What is the premise you are basing this on? I just don’t see why there needs to be a change for this to happen.

Frankly, casual players should not be Anet’s focus in this game model. They are MORE likely to stop playing (and not buy gems) than the guy that plays hours a day. Why should any change benefit this class of player? There is no argument for sub fees … they already paid their initial cost. I don’t see a reason. Anet isn’t going to get players based on a change non-players have no idea about anyways. That argument is nonsense.

Please re-read my previous posts. The time required in game would be the same.

You can be a hardcore player but just not have time every single day. It’s hardly mutually exclusive. There are also a lot of dedicated casual players. Players that like to play the game regularly but aren’t hardcore. Those players (like the weekend players) are potential income for them. Of course they would want to think about those players.

You would still be logging in, you just wouldn’t need to every single day. It would encourage more players to buy the game and keep logging in. Nothing in any of my posts has said anything about lowering the in game time required for these items. Idk why you keep going on about that.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Anet makes a lot of money running the game the way they do. From their perspective, it benefits them to have people logging in everyday. Whether that drives more gem store sales or, as some people poke fun at, it makes the investors happy. It doesn’t matter either way.

Hmmm… would people be less likely to buy something if they were still playing regularly, just not every single day? Idk the answer to that but I wouldn’t think so. There isn’t much of anything in the gem shop you would want to buy on a daily basis. I know that I only look at the gem shop when I need something or something new is put in. That’s far from every single day.

No one can really argue if more players would play the way it is or if it were every 7 days because no one knows except maybe anet and they aren’t going to reveal that info to us. Realistically, you should be logging in and playing because you enjoy playing the game. If you can only play the game two days a week, shouldn’t it take you longer to obtain ascended weapons? Why should it take the same amount of time for a person who plays two days and a person who plays seven days to get an ascended weapon? That makes no sense.

It seems like if you appeal to a larger playerbase that they would gain more players. I know multiple people that quit or won’t consider playing because they hate the daily stuffs. It feels like a chore they have to do every… single… day. If you play for the same amount of time in game in a week I feel it should take you the same amount of time to get an ascended weapon. The time required in game would still be the same to obtain the weapon.

On top of all that, let’s get back to the main point. You can buy ALL the time gated mats on the TP. Why do you think people had ascended weapons like three days after the patch? Not sure why you think changing it to 7 days a week will change anything. People who play on weekends are just as able to make an ascended in a short amount of time.

You can’t buy the dragonite or the fragments. The dragonite would be the biggest issue for those types of players. To get them you gotta wait around for an event to pop up. Not everyone can set aside that much time every day to just wait for event timers.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

cranked.3812

Hmmm… would people be less likely to buy something if they were still playing regularly, just not every single day? Idk the answer to that but I wouldn’t think so. There isn’t much of anything in the gem shop you would want to buy on a daily basis. I know that I only look at the gem shop when I need something or something new is put in. That’s far from every single day.

It isn’t about any one person buying things from the gem store on a daily basis, it’s about volume. If they can keep the most amount of players on at any one time, then they are maximizing their potential profits. Are people more or less likely to buy from the gem shop if they are on every day or just two days a week? It’s human nature to impulse buy and maybe that is one of the things Anet is hoping for.

It seems like if you appeal to a larger playerbase that they would gain more players. I know multiple people that quit or won’t consider playing because they hate the daily stuffs. It feels like a chore they have to do every… single… day. If you play for the same amount of time in game in a week I feel it should take you the same amount of time to get an ascended weapon. The time required in game would still be the same to obtain the weapon.

I do agree with you about the daily chore nature of the game. I tend to feel the same way at times about it as well. You knowing a few people who won’t play because of that means nothing in the grand scheme of things (no offense). My point is, that is a small sample size of people. Anet must have data and history to go on or they wouldn’t do it this way. For every one person of the forums QQing about this or that, there are 100’s of other people perfectly happy with the way the game is. The vocal minority is always the loudest.

You can’t buy the dragonite or the fragments. The dragonite would be the biggest issue for those types of players. To get them you gotta wait around for an event to pop up. Not everyone can set aside that much time every day to just wait for event timers.

You are right, you can’t buy ore and frags on the TP. Taking the daily crafting from daily to seven per week still will not change this. You still need to log on and do the events to get these items. The only thing going to 7 days a week crafting will help you with is the things you can already buy on the TP. So, your whole argument is basically invalid.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

But if no one is buying anything on a daily basis they aren’t getting anything out of it. I just can’t think of anything needed on a daily basis.

I know I’m just one person, however I’m sure there are more people out there like the ones I know. How many? Obviously neither of us knows, but I would think it would be a significant amount to consider a change which also helps improve existing player’s “quality of life”. There are many players that do get burnt out if they are forced to do something every day after all. This would help alleviate that problem and help keep existing customers.

It would change it because those players would be able to do things like the temples and the world bosses which all multiple times in one day. Throughout the day you do have multiple opportunities to do them after all. I wasn’t just talking about the 24h crafting, but dungeons and the temples etc. as which are also once per day. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

cranked.3812

But if no one is buying anything on a daily basis they aren’t getting anything out of it. I just can’t think of anything needed on a daily basis.

I know I’m just one person, however I’m sure there are more people out there like the ones I know. How many? Obviously neither of us knows, but I would think it would be a significant amount to consider a change which also helps improve existing player’s “quality of life”.

It would change it because those players would be able to do things like the temples and the world bosses which all multiple times in one day. Throughout the day you do have multiple opportunities to do them after all.

Yeah, I guess in the end, neither of us really knows how gem store sales work on a day to day basis. I guess, I have my vision of their thought process and you have yours.

If I am understanding your last paragraph correctly, you are asking that people be able to do the temples and bosses more than once a day? If so, I don’t think that is a good idea.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Yes, but gated 7 times a week V.s 1 per day just like the rest.

Tarnished Coast