Best use of 1h crafting booster

in Crafting

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Q:

So what´s your advice on how to use these best. Ideally with the least amount of gold wasted on buying mats.

ATM I´m crafting “on demand” to equip my 3 main leveling chars with adequate armor and weaponry. Though neglecting jewelery and cooking totally.

Right now I just leave the boosters in the bank and hope eventually I´ll farm enough to actually make good use of that hour.
Am I doing it wrong?

Is that one hour even enough to level a whole craft from 0 to 400? Or can I do more than one?

Polish > hype

in Crafting

Posted by: MrZero.4730

MrZero.4730

I levelled Artificing to 375 using a guide in these forums in less than 45 minutes. I had all the mats needed and when I didn’t have something I was logging into my main to buy so I was not wasting booster time. So yes it is possible to go 0-400 with just one booster. And if you do everything fast you can maybe do another profession up to 100 or something.

Glassheart – Human Thief

Aurora Glade server

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Is that one hour even enough to level a whole craft from 0 to 400? Or can I do more than one?

If you have all mats ready and an idea of how crafting works(aka, know the patterns so you don’t have to keep checking every 10s)…I did 2 crafts/hour 1-375 each, because the items most guides(except cooking maybe) recommend for 375-400 are just over the top, you’ll usually hit 400 before you are even half-crafted. Thus no need to waste the boost on it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nuke Morg.1952

Nuke Morg.1952

It is possible to go from 0 to 400 within 1h and crafting booster even if you have to buy some mats. I’ve done leatherworker 0-400 and tailor 0-100 within 1h. I had to go to get some mats 3-4 times. Most important thing – as mentioned above by TWMagimay – is to know how crafting works. Discover everything, remember to have enough mats for rare eg insignia etc. Btw some places are a little bit better if you dont have all mats. I believe assura city has everything VERY close to each other (I usually craft in black citadel – BL is far away from crafting stations but there is way point very close to it. One thing that I would advise, if you dont have all mats, check each tier before you start crafting for 2-3 cheapest components (usually bones/claws and sometimes venom sacks). Discovering all 6 kinds of armor for 3 components should be more then enough to level up, but remember to have them enough to make rares as soon as you can.

“Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.”

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

I used to craft in Black Citadel because it has the least ambiance (people talking about the same crap over and over) but Metrica or Ebonhawke is closer.

in Crafting

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

I just wanted to point out, that if you aren’t doing anything with that character but crafting, you can use your crafting booster while crafting and log into other characters to play/farm with out having the booster time tic down. I did that just this week, I used a crafting booster while refining my tier 3 mats and crafting weapons, then switched to my main and farmed an area for tier 4 mats, then went back and did all my refining etc on my alt and still had the crafting booster active. Since I was only crafting on that character and nothing else, it turned out pretty well, that crafting booster lasted me all week and got me to 383 in weaponsmithing

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Right now I just leave the boosters in the bank and hope eventually I´ll farm enough to actually make good use of that hour.
Am I doing it wrong?

I was in a similar mindset. The problem was that I was still doing a bit of crafting here and there. Eventually I ended up at around 350 even without anyway.

As for best it depends on your goal. Are you just trying to level crafting on that character? Do you want to level the character quicker using crafting? Do both but potentially save a bit of material?