Blew Up 3200 Ectos for Science!

in Crafting

Posted by: Tek.3902

Tek.3902

Hi guys,
I blew up 1700 ectos using Master’s Salvage Kit113 kits
The results are in my album.
Raised my base MF from 169-180 and received 3151 Piles of Crystaline Dust!
I am now waiting till all the dust sells to post the profits.

Here are the pictures

http://imgur.com/a/IlDE6/all

EDIT: Guys I just blew up another 1500 ectos using the Mystic Kits This got me to 188% BASE MF
Here is the URL with pictures: http://imgur.com/a/3qcsM I received 2731 Dust using Mystic kits. I purchased the ectos for 32.12 this time 32.12250=80.30G 80.30G6 = 481.80G

In total I blew up 3200 Ectos in 2 days for 19% MF That’s INSANE

Thank you
DARKSTAIN BG

(edited by Tek.3902)

in Crafting

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

holy. FOR SCIENCE indeed!

did you buy the ectos or accumulate them? i would be very curious to see if you are able to break even/ what the gold per luck ratio is

in Crafting

Tek.3902

i bought them I spend about 570 Gold

in Crafting

Tek.3902

Friend on reddit did a quick math for me before i even got the chance to post it.
I am still waiting to sell all the dust to show the actual numbers. but they should not be much different than the ones below.

Ecto ~= 578G

Kits ~= 17G

Total ~= 595G

===

Dust ~= 520G

===

Total Cost ~= 75G

Luck Gained ~= 177400

in Crafting

Tek.3902

Next time I will blow up 1700 ectos using a different kit.
We can compare the numbers.

in Crafting

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

i bought them I spend about 570 Gold

edit… you beat me to it

also- looked @ my numbers and the ones you had… not sure why you used 113 kits, and why the tp tax isnt figured in

did some quick numbers…..

okay. so assuming you bought ectos @ 33.35 silver (highest offer on gw2spidy at the moment), that would be 566.95 gold.

assuming you then sold the dust at the lowest sell offer @ 16.86 silver (1 copper lower than lower sell offer on gw2spidy at the moment), that would be 531.26 gold. Subtract the 15% TP tax, gives us 451.57 gold.

so, -566.95 gold (ectos) + -10.44 gold (68 master kits) + 451.57 gold (sale of dust) = net profit of -125.82 gold.

given that you got 887 exotic essences of luck x 200 luck per = 177,400 luck.

177,440 luck/ 12582 silver (125.82 gold) = 14.1 luck per 1 silver

(edited by froacus.6892)

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

…or you could salvage blues/greens and make a profit…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

His method is somewhat faster though. Players can decide if the time is worth the cost.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

So, you’re the guy who has been pushing ecto prices to the roof?

For science and luck? You wont hear any thank yous from me.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1700 ectos will hardly raise the price for more than a few minutes.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: He Hate Me.4736

He Hate Me.4736

So, you’re the guy who has been pushing ecto prices to the roof?

For science and luck? You wont hear any thank yous from me.

But he has also dropped the prices of Crystalline Dust! Well, a teeny bit at least.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I don’t think he did all this for Luck (and certainly not for profit….or he failed).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

I don’t think he did all this for Luck (and certainly not for profit….or he failed).

Yea but I was just tossing that out there incase people were looking to gain luck and stumbled upon this thread. Ectos are not cost efficient for that (to say the least).

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Ecto is the fastest and most expensive way to max luck. Max luck is just another long term goal for the hardcore.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Why only 300 MF Ulion? No AP or didn’t max luck?

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Tek.3902

It’s not that expansive….because of the return you get in dust.
Also what is a better way??
Where can I get 21.5k luck to gain 1point that’s better and cheaper?
Without it taking more than a week of salvaging if that..

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

It’s not that expansive….because of the return you get in dust.
Also what is a better way??
Where can I get 21.5k luck to gain 1point that’s better and cheaper?
Without it taking more than a week of salvaging if that..

From1 hour of listings at night I would regularly wake up to 50k luck from salvaging blues and greens + a modest profit (about another 1h doing salvaging in the morning). Just depends on how you want to spend your time/gold.

Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Tek, what I would like to know is if your total costs included TP tax (if you resold the C Dust). And yes, Aberrant’s methods are much slower, but end up making some money back.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Tek.3902

Aberrant,
I am tempted to try your method. I have some ? Can I catch you in game ?
Also, smooth I have a little more information on this site.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1rdov0/blew_up_1700_ectos_for_science/
There is also some number crunching in he comments.

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

Yea sure I’ll be around ^^ Click the lil link in my siggy for the general stuffs and a few tips/tricks, but feel free to pm me if you have any questions. I’m mostly a WvW-er and might be kinda busy with that this week (just to warn you I might say “not now” but it’s nothing personal and I’m happy to help when I’m not doing much of anything lol). If you send me a mail I’ll make sure to reply to that at the very least.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Crafting

Ulion.5476

I just listed that I have max luck not all of the guild buff and other stuff I have to increase my magic find. With that I normally have 337 magic find or so. Even more when i do wvw on a outmanned map.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@Ulion
when you say ecto is fastest but most expensive way to lvl your luck than you should not forget the blues and greens you can sell again after 300+ and make tons profit what you would otherwise salvage

you need the time how long you need for 300+ with ectos and you need time how long you need with normal salvage and you need to know how much gold you make with 300+ selling greens and blues per hour

than you can say whats more expensive

i bet the ecto way is NOT the baddest^^

in Crafting

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

bows before darkstain awesome dedication there.

I’d like to know how your drop rate has changed since accumulating all of that MF.. Is there any significant improvement?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Crafting

Ulion.5476

@Ulion
when you say ecto is fastest but most expensive way to lvl your luck than you should not forget the blues and greens you can sell again after 300+ and make tons profit what you would otherwise salvage

you need the time how long you need for 300+ with ectos and you need time how long you need with normal salvage and you need to know how much gold you make with 300+ selling greens and blues per hour

than you can say whats more expensive

i bet the ecto way is NOT the baddest^^

I did the cost calculation before I started to max luck. I do not feel like going all into the math of it again. So I will just show you the info I used. 4.2 million luck to max, ecto= ~100luck(33-35s), green =~30luck(1-1.5s), blue=~10luck (1-1.5s).

When I took into account selling back the dust with ecto it still cost ~4000g. With greens/blues I did not take into account the random crafting mat you get back (because their are alot of different green/blues you will bid on to max luck) and it was ~2000g of greens and ~4000g of blues to max. So if I did take into account the crafting mats I get back from greens/blues it would still be cheaper.

I’d like to know how your drop rate has changed since accumulating all of that MF.. Is there any significant improvement?

Well rares are common drops now. I get a few exotics every week even though I do not farm mobs events alot, even in wvw I zerg less than I roam. I will have to pay attention to my mystic salvage kit to see how many I get on a weekly bases.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Ulion.5476)

in Crafting

Aberrant.6749

I noticed a slight general uptick in all loot quality every +50%MF. It is noticeable (very much so when maxed). It didn’t seem to matter in between those 50% marks though. 150% is a good stopping point for casuals (11% of the total luck required to hit max MF, but 50% of the benefits).

I mostly WvW and if we’re doing open field fighting and I don’t get a couple of rares now I’m like what the kitten. I’m getting far fewer spikes and far more loot bags as well. I consider it a long term investment since it’s permanent and the quality of all the loot I’m getting is much improved.

@Union you wondering if they’ll ever make any use of the funky maxed green luck bar that stays x/x when you increase it? I wish they gave us an achievement or title or something for maxing it… I kinda feel like my membership card to the 300 club got lost in the mail

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Crafting

Ulion.5476

I hope they will do something for it but we are in the like 1% of population with max luck. So it will not be a priority for A-net.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

I did on a more minor scale, 53 ectos what i had on me, got 107 dust and 5650 essence of luck. Cost me about 3.13g as the difference at the current market prices.

in Crafting

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Wow, I wish I had that much gold to play with. GJ btw !

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyrtech.5372

Cyrtech.5372

Here is the link of me salvaging 9 stacks 2 months ago. I did a few other stacks before I made the video because I was pretty impressed with it. Worth it if you can handle the clicking.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

570 gold? You sir, are a tyrian hero /salute

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

On a related note, people (including me) have reported that the Copper-fed Salvage-o-Matic is now returning upgrades at a MUCH higher rate than it previously did. (My own personal experience is that it’s about a 80% chance success rate. That’s on par with the Master/Mystic Salvage Kits!)

With that in mind, has anyone been game enough to try salvaging Rares with the beefed up Matic? If the Matic is now functioning at the same level as Master/Mystic Kits, you’d be crazy not to use it for salvaging Rares.