Buying/Selling AB Legendary Components

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Has anyone here ever bought or sold the account bound components for a legendary?

-200 skillpoints
-250 obsidian shards and 77 clovers
-Map completion
-dungeon and badge tokens.

If so, how much did you charge/sell it for?

in Crafting

Posted by: TKIB.9061

TKIB.9061

account bound…
Try to think a little.

in Crafting

Vol.7601

account bound…
Try to think a little.

Giving materials to someone to craft the legendary, at which point they give it to me (only among trusted people)

Try to think a little.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I don’t know anyone who has, but I know what I would be willing to pay for them.

First off, of course, I would need to trust the person. But then I think I would offer 600g (probably depending on the legendary, and how much it meant to me, though). For account bound materials. However, I would also supply the ectos and mystic coins for clover tries.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

in Crafting

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I’m interested in this as well. I also thought about selling them, and I think the price may be half of the gift of fortune, maybe cheaper.

I haven’t done any research on this, and I don’t know of anybody willing to do this.

The problem here would be for the buyer, I mean, if I was the buyer, why should I trust you?

in Crafting

Vol.7601

I don’t know anyone who has, but I know what I would be willing to pay for them.

First off, of course, I would need to trust the person. But then I think I would offer 600g (probably depending on the legendary, and how much it meant to me, though). For account bound materials. However, I would also supply the ectos and mystic coins for clover tries.

Yes, I cannot remember where I saw it (here or reddit), but people were discussing selling the AB portions between 300-500G.

wvw and dungeon tokens I do not give any value to, since they are easy to get (well they do have value, but dwarfed by the estimate values for map completion and karma)

Skill points can be valued at current promotion prices (no more than 100g if I recall)
Karma is harder to quantify since it’s rarer. Let’s say I value karma alone at 200G
Map completion is the most difficult, and I think I would value alone at 300g.

So 600G is indeed a fair estimate.

If that is the case, there is no room for profit at all. If we were to use Twilight, it costs 1910G. Add the AB fee and it’s 2510G. No room for profit and absolutely not worth the risk.

in Crafting

Vol.7601

I’m interested in this as well. I also thought about selling them, and I think the price may be half of the gift of fortune, maybe cheaper.

I haven’t done any research on this, and I don’t know of anybody willing to do this.

The problem here would be for the buyer, I mean, if I was the buyer, why should I trust you?

Well it would have to be amongst trusted people. i.e. guildies you know of for a long time and have done past business with. If they have no plans for making a legendary, you really could take advantage of that. You can even expand your potential pool by inquiring major guild leaders. Risk of getting scammed is smaller due to reputation, although of course that depends on the type of guild they are.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

When I did this once, I made 800g. This also corresponds nicely with the amount of profit you make from doing this for yourself and just selling the resulting legendary on the TP.

EDIT: I think it’s worth it if you have an excessive love for map exploration and you really trust the person. I know for me it’s nice to be able to make money from exploring the map, and I would probably be willing to do it again for other people.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I have a spare gift of mastery+set of 77 clovers and can probably scrounge together 500 of any token in a couple days except maybe arah(got sick of it after making my bifrost+the armor set).

The only problem is if I sold them then I’d have precursor/gift of fortune tier money but no more gift of mastery/clovers(arguably the hardest part of a legendary). A fat purse of gold isn’t nearly as useful to me as the potential having those gifts already locked in carry should I ever happen across a precursor randomly or a bl chest drops a permanent contract.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I know people that did this. They didn’t really ‘value’ the items. They just told the other person: “Look. I’ll give you all the gold you need to craft a legendary. I’ll even pay for the listing fee by listing it myself. And I’ll give you 300g guaranteed. Whether it sells or not.”

300g guaranteed isn’t a bad deal. I think the profit is about equal on most legendaries when you think about list fee (maybe you get a bit more, but you’re the one taking the risk).

Trusted or not, the possibility of getting scammed is always there. A friend of mine got scammed a lot, but he made a lot of money cause he had a lot of people that he did this with. So getting scammed out of a few legendaries wasn’t a big deal for him.

Still kinda stupid that people can get away with scamming people out of thousands of gold, but hey, that’s a completely different subject.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

I’ve always wondered how many people engage in this type of transaction. And for 600g, I’d GLADLY give my gift of mastery + clovers.

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I’ve always wondered how many people engage in this type of transaction. And for 600g, I’d GLADLY give my gift of mastery + clovers.

Given the fact that legendaries sell for 700-900g profit. I doubt you can get someone to buy your acc bound items for a measly ~100g profit at best.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: froacus.6892

froacus.6892

Given the fact that legendaries sell for 700-900g profit. I doubt you can get someone to buy your acc bound items for a measly ~100g profit at best.

It’s mainly academic at this point, but that amount was in direct reference to a post made earlier in the thread.

For arguments sake, I’d also take the 300-500g estimated by a different poster

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

36 area map completes(dat time investment), 200 skill points(more than enough just from just map completion), half a million karma(hearts from map completion alone give maybe 10% so this needs severe grinding), and 2k AP or a few days wvw blobing worth of badges all for just ~500-700g.

And then you need another couple hundred thousand karma and maybe a hundred skill points for clovers and ~8 dungeon paths for your gift. This also assumes that the buyer will be paying enough for you to level 2 crafting professions to 400 which you may or may never again use for yourself.

This has bad idea written all over it. If you really want to make big money churning out legendaries you have to put in the work to justify people paying you all that money, at least until the game is released in that country known for child slave labor.

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Yes, I cannot remember where I saw it (here or reddit), but people were discussing selling the AB portions between 300-500G.

wvw and dungeon tokens I do not give any value to, since they are easy to get (well they do have value, but dwarfed by the estimate values for map completion and karma)

Skill points can be valued at current promotion prices (no more than 100g if I recall)
Karma is harder to quantify since it’s rarer. Let’s say I value karma alone at 200G

So 600G is indeed a fair estimate.

If that is the case, there is no room for profit at all. If we were to use Twilight, it costs 1910G. Add the AB fee and it’s 2510G. No room for profit and absolutely not worth the risk.

I wish to God I could sell some of the 10 Gifts of Exploration I have sitting in my bank for 300 gold apiece.

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

map complete i would sell too^^

in Crafting

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

The difference in price between a legendary and the mats you can buy of the trader seems to be about 800g.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

2 of my friends in my dungeon team did this last week. They agreed to 300g plus expenses. However I personally think thats a bit low.

Zelendel

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

36 area map completes(dat time investment), 200 skill points(more than enough just from just map completion), half a million karma(hearts from map completion alone give maybe 10% so this needs severe grinding), and 2k AP or a few days wvw blobing worth of badges all for just ~500-700g.

And then you need another couple hundred thousand karma and maybe a hundred skill points for clovers and ~8 dungeon paths for your gift. This also assumes that the buyer will be paying enough for you to level 2 crafting professions to 400 which you may or may never again use for yourself.

This has bad idea written all over it. If you really want to make big money churning out legendaries you have to put in the work to justify people paying you all that money, at least until the game is released in that country known for child slave labor.

Definately not worth it to “grind” for it. But I just happened to have a bunch of dungeon token, 15 million karma, 15 gift of exploration in my bank.

I won’t sell it for 300 but 500-700 I’ll think about it.

in Crafting

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

I could sell 2 right now if the price was right.

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Looking at crafting cost and the middle of the buy/sell offers on TP for a number of Legendaries, it seems to be about 600g for the luxury of not having to get the account bound stuff yourself.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Flissy.4093

I wish to God I could sell some of the 10 Gifts of Exploration I have sitting in my bank for 300 gold apiece.

Really? You could probably make 600g using only “layman” money making methods in the time it’ll take to get 100% map completion. Granted if you had 10 you did it for fun, and it’d make sense to bung some off for 300g ^^

Light Up the Darkness

in Crafting

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Really? You could probably make 600g using only “layman” money making methods in the time it’ll take to get 100% map completion. Granted if you had 10 you did it for fun, and it’d make sense to bung some off for 300g ^^

ya I mean look at the thousands of playing hours people have. Many people have 2000 playing hours. Do they have 2000 × 5 = 10,000 gold? no.

I dont’ think everyone play this game to farm gold.

in Crafting

Flissy.4093

ya I mean look at the thousands of playing hours people have. Many people have 2000 playing hours. Do they have 2000 × 5 = 10,000 gold? no.

I dont’ think everyone play this game to farm gold.

Granted if you had 10 you did it for fun, and it’d make sense to bung some off for 300g ^^

Also I have no idea how you pulled 10k gold into this equation.

Light Up the Darkness

in Crafting

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

account bound…
Try to think a little.

Giving materials to someone to craft the legendary, at which point they give it to me (only among trusted people)

Try to think a little.

Someone in our guild did it something like nine months ago. Guildie 1 gave the farmable mats and precursor to guildie 2 (who had the needed map completion, karma, etc.) They agreed on a price to be repaid over x months. Guildie 2 crafted the Legendary and gave it to Guildie 1 alright.

Guildie 1 does good on the repayment plan for a few months, but then both guildies fall off each other. Guildie 2 now thinks the agreed upon price is too low and wants a few more months of payments. One starts badmouthing the other. Things escalate. Drama. Guild-quit. Name calling. Tears of Orrian water.

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: nevertrending.5632

nevertrending.5632

500-700g, please… that price is way too high. No buyer will do it for the amount of risk involved for that price unless he’s taking hard pity on you. 50% of profit margin if the legendary would be sold on TP or 350-400g is what you can hope for atm. If anything it will be the buyer setting rules cause there are enough people around who have Account Bound gifts willing to sell them, on the other hand finding a buyer who’s willing to risk 1500g gold is way harder.

Don’t kid yourself.

Deso – [EX] Ex Ritualist

in Crafting

Vol.7601

Again guys, as I mentioned, this would only work among trusted people. I was just trying to gauge the kind of market these items would have.

Looking over, if you were to actively buy/sell the account bound items, it would cost 500-600G, which wouldn’t be a good route.

But if you were to buy/sell the account bound items for 100g (especially if the seller does not value them at ‘market’ price), then it would be a wise investment, assuming trading with trusted parties.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Again guys, as I mentioned, this would only work among trusted people. I was just trying to gauge the kind of market these items would have.

Looking over, if you were to actively buy/sell the account bound items, it would cost 500-600G, which wouldn’t be a good route.

But if you were to buy/sell the account bound items for 100g (especially if the seller does not value them at ‘market’ price), then it would be a wise investment, assuming trading with trusted parties.

Then you should know your market as it’s just your list of “trusted people”.

in Crafting

Vol.7601

Then you should know your market as it’s just your list of “trusted people”.

I meant the general idea of a price, not the individuals. Whether that’s 5g or 1000g, I had to gauge it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If I were going to pay for it, I’d probably pay the same as I got when I did it for someone else, 800g. Really, you’re paying for the convenience of not having to mystic forge 4 stacks of crap to get mystic clovers and not having to run around the world discovering things.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

two players in my guild did this recently, let’s call them A and B.
A wanted to pay B to make him a legendary; A would provide all sellables (mystic coin, precursor, crafting materials, etc.), B would supply all account-bound stuff (gift of exploration, gift of battle, karma, etc.) They came to me to ask what the account-bound stuff should be worth (how much A should pay
I told them that legendaries tend to give about 400-800g profit if sold on the TP (after tax), so 600g was fair. note that it shouldn’t depend on which legendary it is (except eternity). the different legendaries only changes what materials player A provides.
Then they started discussing the possibility of hiring B to get A map completion… They came to the conclusion that it wasn’t worth it compared to just paying him to make a legendary for him (they were throwing around a 500g figure)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Sounds like too much risk/hassle for me to ever get involved personally. But it would be nice if I could sell my excess Gifts of Battle/Exploration.