Buying a Precursor - How long would it take?

in Crafting

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

First we need to know the maximal amount of gold you can farm in an hour. So what is that amount?

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

(edited by SteepledHat.1345)

in Crafting

Posted by: Day.4501

Day.4501

There is no maximum amount of gold you can farm per hour..

in Crafting

Posted by: Edenknight.9284

Edenknight.9284

If you take Plinx/Orr average rates of 1.5g/2g per hour and assume Dusk @ 400 gold it would take 200-266 hours on average to save up that much if you didn’t gamble any of it.

However, as Day said there is no maximum/hour, you can only speculate average rates of gain which is what I just did.

in Crafting

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

Need onlu luck… i farmed 1 mil karma at Plinx and did like 150g. Near me one nab man lv 78 in exp was doing Plinx with me and dropped the Dusk. He did 400g in 4 min. So all in GW2 is random from RNG.

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Of course there isn’t a hard cap. There’s a practical one. How much could the average player farm an hour.

I’ll take the 1.5/2g estimate. So 200-266 hrs (8 and 1/3 to 11 and 2/25 full, nonstop days) of farming the same events at Orr.
If you played 4 hours a day. It would take you…. 25 to 34 days of just farming the orr events. Just farming. Nothing else.
Epic.

A process worthy of any legend. Hope everyone likes zombies.

in Crafting

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

For something that is supposed to be Unique and Legendary… being able to farm enough gold in a month or 2 for the pre-cursor sounds about right to me…. It should take a year to get a Legendary for any ordinary player.

in Crafting

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

For something that is supposed to be Unique and Legendary… being able to farm enough gold in a month or 2 for the pre-cursor sounds about right to me…. It should take a year to get a Legendary for any ordinary player.

What do you consider ordinary?

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Yeah. This seems like an awesome experience worthy of GW2 endgame. Farming a ton of gold to get one part of your legendary seems just about like the most legendary thing I could ever do. Ever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

It took me about 3 days in order to buy rage.

Aiming for an underwater legendary is really hard.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Edenknight.9284

Edenknight.9284

I don’t know what you are talking about SteepledHat, Everyone knows running the same event because it’s the most effective way to make hourly money for a month straight doing nothing else clearly proves you are a more skilled, talented player than the other people who are logged on.

Also, you forget that brand new 80’s who throw 4 rares into the Mystic Forge and get a precursor are also better at the game than most. I truly believe this is how we should differentiate players.

in Crafting

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

Because one day I toss in a few rares and out pops a precursor – that is legendary.

or exploit or bought gold and now have this. that is legendary is it too?

Sorry but if someone shows dedication to the game they should be rewarded.

Short story grind for gold will take a long while and expect inflation to add on 25% of the starting price of your precursor from the point you start to save.

(edited by Narkosys.5173)

in Crafting

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

The “ordinary” player will NEVER see a legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

a “ordinary” player does not deserve one.

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

in Crafting

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

So Ordinary player is a normal man

and Straordinary is a Korean Farmer? -.-

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Well there is nothing extraordinary about buying form a gold seller or grinding the same event.

in Crafting

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Sorry some of us like to have fun instead of do the same thing over and over for two months to maybe end up with enough money to get a precursor, and of course maybe have the other things we need as well.
Sitting in orr for two months doing one event over and over isn’t fun, I can’t begin to imagine how flawed your logic is if you think it is.

in Crafting

Kelvingts.2035

There is nothing wrong with ordinary players not deserving a legendary, it makes total sense.
1.ordinary players don’t purchase gold from botters, those players that purchase gold from 3rd party sites are consider cheaters to some or well funded in “real” money to others
2.sitting in Orr isn’t the only way to make money obviously, market players, jq grinders, gem to gold transfers etc etc. Anet never gave players only 1 option to obtain a specific item except for dungeon tokens and badges which no one has complain about yet.
3. 2 months is laugh for a “beyond” endgame item. It does not affect your stats and isn’t a requirement to obtain. Games been out for 2-3 months? If you wanna complain Stop imagining and start asking yourself what you’re doing wrong.

Ordinary players don’t purchase gold from Anet or 3rd party players, don’t hack, don’t play the market, grind very little, don’t ask for donations. There are terms to describe each one of the above players. It’s been 2 months since gw2 is out. Have you finished all your other achievements yet? Why complain when legendaries should be the last accomplishment on your achievement list. I don’t see anything else more difficult there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

No, someone with patience. If he happens to be Korean then ok, you can call it what you want.

Sorry some of us like to have fun instead of do the same thing over and over for two months to maybe end up with enough money to get a precursor, and of course maybe have the other things we need as well.
Sitting in orr for two months doing one event over and over isn’t fun, I can’t begin to imagine how flawed your logic is if you think it is.

Ever tried to do a 10k pieces puzzle to see how repetitive it is? Have you ever tried to do martial arts to make the same exact moves over and over and over thousands to ten thousand of times till you get perfect? That is repetitive as well. If you are here just for the fun you do not deserve to have the legendary. It requires effort.

Like ANet said…the legendary won’t happen by itself due to time spent. You have to aim for it.

(edited by Delolith.9645)

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Like ANet said…the legendary won’t happen by itself due to time spent. You have to aim for it.

Or buy 80% of it from a gold seller or with gems.

in Crafting

Kelvingts.2035

I wish someone would understand the fact that a “legendary” in Anet’s point of view is no more than a achievement on your character achievement list. Such a achievement is “EXPECTED” to be one of the last things that a player will accomplish. IF you haven’t finish 98% of those achievements, who are you to complain about a legendary? I am 100% sure that if a player leaves legendary items as his or her Last achievement finishing everything they can do first, he/she will have at least 90% of those items and materials needed by then.

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaede.7348

Chaede.7348

This would be true if it wasn’t achieveable mostly by buying gold. The current system rewards people that exploit for gold or exploited bugged mechanics for precursors. Nothing Legendary about that.

in Crafting

Kelvingts.2035

Consider gettin 1-2million karma, 500 dungeons tokens and 500 badge of honor.
Finishing that up usually gets a “smart” player roughly 200-300g. Farming the other mats can prove to be possible if you also uilitize other parts of the game such as “market play” and gold farming.
Just because players consider farming orr to be the only quick way to make gold and karma does not mean that it was design for a player to make both at the same time

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No, someone with patience. If he happens to be Korean then ok, you can call it what you want.

Ever tried to do a 10k pieces puzzle to see how repetitive it is? Have you ever tried to do martial arts to make the same exact moves over and over and over thousands to ten thousand of times till you get perfect? That is repetitive as well. If you are here just for the fun you do not deserve to have the legendary. It requires effort.

So lets get this straight. You’re okay with the mind numbing boring grind to get a precursor?

You’re against changing the system because “by gally it needs to be exclusive to 1% of the games population!”

in Crafting

Kelvingts.2035

1. Exclusive, being very difficult to get or very annoying to get has nothing to do with exclusive lol. In no sense is legendary “exclusive”, just because you fail to find your own way to obtain a item. Player have over 5 VERY different options to get a precursor alone. If you choose to use a word to define the process of getting a legendary, use another word. Obviously you fail to understand the English term “Exclusive”.
2. “You’re okay with the mind numbing boring grind to get a precursor?” Lol a Legendary is achievement in which proves a player’s dedication. He or She will surely have to work “EXTRA” hard, grinding in the game, playing the market constantly or even a few extra hours a day at work to make money to purchase gold from botters or A-net gem transfers. I am not happy about the numbing boring grind to get a precursor, but I sure do appreciate the idea of having to walk those extra steps to get one.
3. Live with it already, if you find it too difficult of “boring” to do, you should be aiming for another item. Players have proved it can be obtain through options of “Real-money-spending”, “grinding”, “market playing” and “player intelligence”. Obviously it proves to A-net that there are few, but at least some that can obtain it through the most difficult ways which to them means the current way to obtain a “LEGENDARY” is totally okay.

Reality check: You sound like the kind that hates people for having finish college and choosing a more “money making major” to make more money than you. Being a doctor, lawyer, businessman wasn’t exclusive to them, You had a choice lol. It’s not their fault you “choose” a kitten job to make less than them.

What you said is totally kitten lol Your points are totally invalid and deserves to be kicked off a bridge or something :P

(edited by Kelvingts.2035)

in Crafting

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

Or buy 80% of it from a gold seller or with gems.

I can think of SO MANY other ways to spend real life cash then doing this. There aren’t that many people playing this game willing or capable to spend that much money to do the $ =>gold even from unauthorized means, which involves high risk and possible banning. I bet people willing to give gold sellers that much money end up being robbed anyway.

And even on the chance they do get such a weapon this way and assuming Anet doesn’t closely monitor high gold transactions or income gain from those making legendaries, the impact on the player base isn’t that much. Someone spending a couple thousand dollars to get a weapon skin to me is just ludicrous. Skins mostly appeals to the user anyway. One can only ooo and ahh at someone else’s gear skins before getting bored.

My advice to the OP is not to go this route for any part of the legendary. There are some decent farming guides out there but you’ll be working on the skin for a while.

Knowledge is power.

(edited by BowmasterSol.3457)

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Lol, one of the first people to get a legendary flat out admitted to buying gold with gems.

in Crafting

BowmasterSol.3457

I’m working on the assumption that you’re looking for an in-game gold source to obtain your legendary. So somebody spent a good amount of real cash to get an item just to be one of the first to get it. People who go after “game firsts” do so to the extreme. Unless you’ve got the money to do the same, the possibility of obtaining your mats via gold sellers doesn’t change your situation at all nor does it for the majority of the playerbase.

Knowledge is power.

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

Gold sellers charge way less than Anet. Way less. You’d be crazy to use them, but people clearly do. Otherwise they wouldn’t exist.

in Crafting

BowmasterSol.3457

I appreciate the good back and forth responses. Just wanted to be clear that I’m not saying it doesn’t happen and that there aren’t people who are that willing. I just simply don’t see a reason to posters bring this up when they want to make their own legendary.

Everyone knows their own stance on gold sellers and willingness to use their services just like people know whether or not they would do other things that aren’t sanctioned. I know many ways in real life to obtain money illegally and go buy a lot of expensive things I don’t need. However, I know I’m not willing to make those choices, so I earn my money the normal way.

The one point I wanted to make in response to posts that just bring up “this guy got it with cash =>gold” is that it still doesn’t effect how a player will go about obtaining theirs. I bet there are some people living the high life from their illegal trades in the world, but that doesn’t change how I would approach obtaining things I want. Players that buy from gold farmers and succeed in doing so won’t change the way a player wants to obtain their items. At most it only makes the possibility tempting.

I know it went a little away from the main topic of giving advice with my replies to your replies. Funny how that goes, talking about apples and then onto oranges. I just simply don’t want posts of mine being misinterpreted or missing the point I intended to put but obviously failed in doing.

Knowledge is power.

in Crafting

SteepledHat.1345

My point is that the people that got their precursors and legendary weapons now probably bought most of what they needed and that should not have been possible.

It’s not so much the fact that they bought their stuff as that, as a matter of game design, you can buy most everything you need for your “legendary” weapon. Rather than being something that players can say with 100% certainty that they worked hard to obtain, rather than being something that a player can be proud of, it’s something that is met with skepticism and contempt. Why? Because in all honesty a legendary holder probably didn’t work for most of it.

That’s my issue. It’s a matter of, in my limited view as a player, a bad game design decision. (Granted it’s only one bad decision in the best game I’ve ever played, but still it is a problem.)

in Crafting

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

You’re against changing the system because “by gally it needs to be exclusive to 1% of the games population!”

Yes. Simple answer.

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Considering twilight as example at 444g:

Would take 44.4 hours at solid 20g per 2h.
Stretching to same amount per 2.5h would be 55.5 hours