Can I upgrade the +AR infusions In my rings?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shaard.9741

Shaard.9741

I understand how the 2x +1 = 1x +2 and so on upgrading works, but I’m wondering something:

If I make a +7 infusion, and want to use it, so I put it in my ring, if I later want a +8, do I have to make 2 MORE +7s and overwrite the +7 I’ve already put into my ring, or can I somehow upgrade the +7 in it with one more +7 outside the ring?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Unless they release a gem store item (or some non-gem way) to remove infusions than nope, I don’t think so.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shaard.9741

Shaard.9741

Is there a cap on upgrading them? if they can go past +10 (infinitely) then basically never use them until you have something like +20 or +30 per infusion, otherwise you’ll have to do it all over again later x.x

in Crafting

Wallace MacBix.2089

Is there a cap on upgrading them? if they can go past +10 (infinitely) then basically never use them until you have something like +20 or +30 per infusion, otherwise you’ll have to do it all over again later x.x

I don’t believe there is a cap.

While that sounds practical, it comes down to if you like running fractals or not. Assuming you want to be a “hardcore” fractal’er then eventually you’ll need to improve your AR. While not very necessary right now, they have said they plan on introducing new levels and instability combos in batches of 10 or 20.

It takes 512 +1 AR infusions to get a +10 AR infusion (to get a +20 AR would take 524,288 +1 infusions). That’s at most 128 full runs, but I’d say a decent amount less. In the 3-4 runs I’ve done I did get 2 +1s from a single chest, so I’d also assume that you can get more than 2 (or just something higher than a +1). Though technically you can just buy them off the tp, and I expect the price to keep decreasing over the next week or so, though right now its ~110g for 250 +1 infusions. Either way, you can see how insane it is to go from +10 to +20, heck I can see even a +10 taking at least a month just to get one.

Though you (and the OP) are right. Without a way to retrieve them, I guess it comes down to, get as high as you can until you need to use them to get to higher fractal levels. Also we can assume that when ascended armor comes out that’ll be another 30 AR possible so we may not need to go too much above the “old” +5.

in Crafting

Posted by: Heavy.7521

Heavy.7521

you can craft them to have above “+10”… someone listed one that have “+11” on the TP

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

They really need to give us the ability to remove a AR infusion. For a 10 it will take between 2 and 4 month to get. This is not so bad, but for your three item its between 6 and 12 months. I don’t think i’m happy with a years of fractal being wasted. I don’t thinks it gonna be a problem in the near future. I mean with the Ascended armor we should be able to get 85 AR without having to craft a AR of more than +5. This mean that we could be able to reach level 60. But if we ever get back to level 80 we would need between 110 and 130 AR. Meaning that we would need about 3 +14 or even 320. For most people, getting there will take FOREVER, unless at higher level you get more +10 AR and less +1.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Crafting

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

For most people, getting there will take FOREVER

most people don’t even do fractals let alone anything above 20. I doubt 99% of the population will touch lvl 50 fractal infusion let alone the need for infusion for lvl 80.

Its fine as is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Can’t you already get 40 AR even without using the new Agony Infusions at all?

- 1 Backpiece
- 2 Rings
- 1 Amulet
- 2 Accessories
- 2 weapon slots

Stick a Versatile Infusion in each of those slots, and that gives you 40 AR, which according to what I’ve heard is enough to do up to level 40 Fractals. With Ascended armor coming, we might even get a further 6 infusion slots. That’s 70 AR (or 1050 Fractal relics) without even needing to infuse anything.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

to get a +20 AR would take 524,288 +1 infusions

hehe. at 24s per +1 infusion, that would take 125,829g12s to make
apparently there is no hard limit on how high it goes. it just becomes impractical really quick.

in Crafting

Wallace MacBix.2089

to get a +20 AR would take 524,288 +1 infusions

hehe. at 24s per +1 infusion, that would take 125,829g12s to make
apparently there is no hard limit on how high it goes. it just becomes impractical really quick.

Yep, plus don’t forget, you need to have a multiple of 5 to get any use out of your AR.

+10: 512 infusions
+11: 1024 infusions
+12: 2048 infusions

A +11 is useless by itself. You’d need to have 2 +12s and a +11 (or 5,120 infusions) to get +35 AR (compared to 1,536 infusions for +30 AR), to get to +40 (2 +13s and a +14 will take 16,384 infusions). Of course this will get a lot nicer if other trinkets can be infused (plus the potential 30 AR from ascended armor).

So just for a quick recap
30 AR — 1,536 Infusions --— 384 Maximum Full Fractal Runs
35 AR — 5,120 Infusions – 1,280 Maximum Full Fractal Runs
40 AR – 16,384 Infusions – 4,096 Maximum Full Fractal Runs

Still though, outside of the wealthy or those that really like to grind I think 30 AR may be the most people are willing to wait for.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I doubt you need a multiple of 5 to make it useful. or have there been tests I haven’t seen?
There is a point when more AR does nothing (when AR >= level)
but below that, I’m sure every point in AR helps. like on level 20, 10 AR would block 50% of the agony and 11 AR would block 55%?

in Crafting

Wallace MacBix.2089

I doubt you need a multiple of 5 to make it useful. or have there been tests I haven’t seen?
There is a point when more AR does nothing (when AR >= level)
but below that, I’m sure every point in AR helps. like on level 20, 10 AR would block 50% of the agony and 11 AR would block 55%?

Based on what we know it does go in 5s only:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance

And since we’ve only been able to get AR in intervals of 5 before there’s no reason that Agony would not scale by 5s.