Celestial Insignia

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Really? 30 days to craft a set of armor. I’m a pretty active player, but, seriously, 30 days to craft a set of armor. It takes longer to craft a set of celestial armor than it does to craft all the legendary weapons in the game.

If you didn’t know, you need 5 charged crystals per piece of armor.

Celestial armor is dead to me. Sorry, but it is. It is a sad day.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Really? 30 days to craft a set of armor. I’m a pretty active player, but, seriously, 30 days to craft a set of armor. It takes longer to craft a set of celestial armor than it does to craft all the legendary weapons in the game.

There was a bug with the wintersday gifts that caused charged crystals to drop. A lot of us now have 250+ charged crystals and nothing to do with them.

Too bad they aren’t unbound!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

If it makes you feel any better, Celestial armor was dead long before today. It is only marginally useful for two classes, and even for them there are better options. Overall it is the worst armor set in the game, so you aren’t missing anything by skipping it.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

If it makes you feel any better, Celestial armor was dead long before today. It is only marginally useful for two classes, and even for them there are better options. Overall it is the worst armor set in the game, so you aren’t missing anything by skipping it.

This is also a good point.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Hopefully you didnt buy the recipes for the armor pieces yet…its about 100 gold for the light set.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if you’re going to get celestial armor, you might as well get ascended celestial armor. spend those 30 days also making the materials for it, since ascended armor also requires ~30 days to make.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The two major selling points for Celestial were Magic Find and Critical Damage % (both the highest for any armor set). Magic Find was removed with no compensation, and Crit Damage is about to get a reduction in a coming nerf.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

I’m curious about this assertion. I play ele and guard, and given their low health pool — celestial armor and zerker trinkets is a good mix IMO with the current critical damage stats.

It’s true that I get slightly less power and precision than I would with Berserker armor, but I get slightly more crit dmg % (this is the “bug” they’re fixing). The extra vitality is helpful because both have low health pools. The other three stats — healing, toughness, and condition damage — aren’t amazingly helpful, but they’re somewhat useful (as guard, I apply constant burning, healing does help a few skills, and most things don’t 1-shot me so toughness helps).

For ascended armor, assuming a mixture of zerker and valkryie armor, I’m trading 182 power for an extra 59 vit + 147 of each of (toughness + healing + condition) + 2% critical damage.

As someone who does occasionally get hit (usually when trying to get others up off the floor), I’m sure the vitality is helpful, and I think the other stats are marginally helpful — enough to justify that reduction in power.

But if the fix to critical damage doesn’t involve buffing other stats, then I’ll agree — without the extra crit dmg, I’d have crafted zerker instead. :-/

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There was a bug with the wintersday gifts that caused charged crystals to drop. A lot of us now have 250+ charged crystals and nothing to do with them.

Too bad they aren’t unbound!

I don’t think having them drop was actually a bug. I think it was just that they put in charged quartz for both entries in the loot table where it was supposed to have 1 slot for charge and 1 for uncharged. It was still possible to get charged quartz from the gift after they fixed it but the rate was much lower.

Edit: It has always been possible to mine a charged quartz as well so it doesn’t have to take 30 days.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

FYI in 90 days of mining i got 1 charged….and that was after i got 70 for the equipment i needed (exotic, i after replaced with wupwup).

Charged chance is extremely low.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

mtpelion.4562

I’m curious about this assertion. I play ele and guard, and given their low health pool — celestial armor and zerker trinkets is a good mix IMO with the current critical damage stats.

It’s true that I get slightly less power and precision than I would with Berserker armor, but I get slightly more crit dmg % (this is the “bug” they’re fixing). The extra vitality is helpful because both have low health pools. The other three stats — healing, toughness, and condition damage — aren’t amazingly helpful, but they’re somewhat useful (as guard, I apply constant burning, healing does help a few skills, and most things don’t 1-shot me so toughness helps).

For ascended armor, assuming a mixture of zerker and valkryie armor, I’m trading 182 power for an extra 59 vit + 147 of each of (toughness + healing + condition) + 2% critical damage.

As someone who does occasionally get hit (usually when trying to get others up off the floor), I’m sure the vitality is helpful, and I think the other stats are marginally helpful — enough to justify that reduction in power.

But if the fix to critical damage doesn’t involve buffing other stats, then I’ll agree — without the extra crit dmg, I’d have crafted zerker instead. :-/

You’re curious about my assertation, and then you write a paragraph that sums it up?

Elementalist and Guardian are the two classes whose strength is in their ability to do a bit of everything, thus Celestial, which also does a bit of everything, is marginally useful for them. You’d still be better off specializing though.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

You’re curious about my assertation, and then you write a paragraph that sums it up?

Elementalist and Guardian are the two classes whose strength is in their ability to do a bit of everything, thus Celestial, which also does a bit of everything, is marginally useful for them. You’d still be better off specializing though.

I have a great Celestial Build for my Warrior in wvw, when roaming. Just with the common Ele and Guardian Celestial Builds, i can do a bit of everything and make use of every stat in some way. But as my build is not very common, many people struggle to find a weakness in it, while i can pressure them with decent direct dps, condi damage and CC.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

mtpelion.4562

I have a great Celestial Build for my Warrior in wvw, when roaming. Just with the common Ele and Guardian Celestial Builds, i can do a bit of everything and make use of every stat in some way. But as my build is not very common, many people struggle to find a weakness in it, while i can pressure them with decent direct dps, condi damage and CC.

Sounds like your strength comes from being unusual. It’s a sound strategy until someone learns to recognize you!

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: DHBM.7652

DHBM.7652

i have one on my theif as well, and its the same thing. i can bleed my foe at the same time as hitting him with a backstab. i love being able to make use of every stat.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

[snip]

The part I’m curious about is the assertion that I’d be better of specializing — in what way? If I was going with dedicated / skilled teams (and was myself equally skilled — I’m usually better than others in PUGs, but that’s a low bar) — then I agree that almost all content can be done faster in pure zerker. But I’m usually in PUGs for fractals & dungeons … I’m not sure I’d be better off more specialized.

(The change to critical damage might make me regret the ascended armor I crafted, though … we’ll see.)

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

mtpelion.4562

There are optimum builds for each class for each type of content. The ability to do everything OK comes at a loss of potential that you would have had, had you specialized into the optimum build for the specific type of content you are attempting.

If the convenience of not needing to respec and regear because you went with the Celestial build outweighs the lost potential TO YOU, then by all means, use Celestial. This is a game and is supposed to be fun for the players, after all.

Personally, I have different characters for different content, that way I don’t have to respec or lose potential at a cost of increased time to gear.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

LordByron.8369

Celestial is possibly going to be destroyed by ferocity patch in march.
As things stands now celestial will be comparable to the effectivity of 1-2 tiers lower with different stats (for example mixing different pieces).

Until anet realizes celestial is just viable paired with strong crit damage OR a huge buff to power, i would avoid even considering it.

Anet said its aware of the issue (like if it was something they shouldn t have considered even before the patch interview -.-) and they are working in the wrong direction as Always just trying to save the lore of flat stats instead of using MATH.

Consider that nowaday celestial does less damage than soldier (PVT) post patch soldier is remaining the same while celestial will lose 20%+ damage.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

Someone posted a list of relative damage for guardian based on armour types. Celestial outperforms soldiers (power/vitality/toughness) in terms of damage. Survivability wise there is the drop in vitality and toughness but a bigger gain in healing, meaning your character is probably as resilient against all except burst damage. Given that most people advocate soldiers stats for WvW I would say that Celestial would be a better option for guardians in most situations.

Celestial Insignia

in Crafting

LordByron.8369

For elementalist soldier > celestial

But consider what they plan to do with celestial.
Unless they totally change their mind celestial will be the most useless set even for guardians

GW2 balance: