Charged Quartz: Off limits to new players?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brendon.5071

Brendon.5071

So I am wanting to craft some Celestial items and I look at the ingredients. Hum … Charged Quartz Crystal, that’s new. They come from Quartz Crystals ok, and I get those where?

Zephyr Sanctum Supply Box
Giant Wintersday Gift
or
Quartz Crystal Formation in the home instance!!!

What happens when someone buys the game AFTER the Zephyr part of LS? What happens if real life didn’t let you do the Zephyr LS even tho you have owned GW2 sense day one?

I am ok if I miss out on drops and the achievement points when I can’t be on 24/7. I am not ok with never being able to obtain a recipe or crafting material due to not being on.

Have I missed something is there a different way to get Quartz Crystal? (other than the TP)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

There is one other way, but it requires you to depend on guildies or friends. If someone else has that node in their home instance you can party up with them and go into their home instance with them. You can farm it then once per day per account.

Not a particularly good way to do it, but so it goes.

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Quartz

Just sent a message in game. If you want we can go to my place later and we can get some.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brendon.5071

Brendon.5071

OIIIIIO Thank you for the invite and allowing me to mine you home node!

I am grateful to others kindness but this not a long term solution. I will need to find some cardboard and make a sign “Will work for Quartz” or “Missed out on LS please give”

So so sad.

My bet is, the only solution ANet will do is that it will show up in the ca$h shop one day.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You can also buy quartz off TP.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

You can buy quartz from the trading post and upgrade stacks of 25 to 1 charged quartz at places of power. They were also available as drops at Wintersday, which is obviously not much help, but it does indicate that you can expect it to return again later (I’d expect to see the Sephyr Sanctum return by June at the latest).

in Crafting

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Yeah, just buy them off the TP — easy.

NSPride <3

in Crafting

Posted by: Henkasaur.4531

Henkasaur.4531

Well the Bazaar should happen again soon. (Like all yearly events)

I bet you would be able to get the opportunity to receive it again during that event.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

You’ll probably be able to buy the home instance node on the Gem Store this month (I know it was an achievement reward but still).

in Crafting

Posted by: Solus.3926

Solus.3926

I forget to mine mine, now that’s good Engerish … I also need a sign made up, “Quarts Crystals, free to good home, please help yourself.”

I am the menace. The one whose will is done. The haunting chill upon your neck. I am the Conundrum.

in Crafting

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I bet you would be able to get the opportunity to receive it again during that event.

I didn’t realize that was annual! Fantastic!

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I didn’t realize that was annual! Fantastic!

Anet has implied that it will return, but I don’t think they ever said that it’s annual.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I expect the Bazaar will not be every year if we are to listen to lore. It is supposed to be very rare that the Bazaar touches down. Wooden Potatoes made a video citing it’s rarity. I would welcome it back since it was one of the more popular Living Story releases.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

(edited by OIIIIIO.7825)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, considering that the Zephyrites have now signed a trade treaty with Lion’s Arch, I would expect them to return at least annually. Wouldn’t be much point having a trade treaty if they only come back once in a blue moon.

From a player perspective, I think ANet also wants to let players experience the content on an annual basis, similar to Wintersday and Halloween.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Well, considering that the Zephyrites have now signed a trade treaty with Lion’s Arch, I would expect them to return at least annually. Wouldn’t be much point having a trade treaty if they only come back once in a blue moon.

There’s not much trading to be had as long as LA harbor is burned down, isn’kitten

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The Zephyrites could always just dock their airship above LA itself, and unload goods straight down to the city. No harbor required.

in Crafting

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

New player that missed that events get them in TP,but they were in Xmass event so they are still cheap in TP,price were like 3-4silver each before that event

in Crafting

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

Don’t forget you also need to buy the recipes to craft Celestial! It won’t appear in the Discovery tab!

If it’s too much trouble, wait for the Bazaar in ~June. It should return.