Charging Quartz Crystals = Insane

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I would say that with the cost measured in Guild tokens (a time-gated currency), Settlers armor is time-gated. Unless by some miracle your server rises up and smites all Karkadom simultaneously and you happen to be in Southsun Cove to see it…

I did say “crafted” exotic armor.

So did I. The Guild vendor sells the insignia so you can craft them.

You got your facts in a little twist there.
The Guild Commendations Vendor only sells Sentinel Inscriptions for Weaponcrafting, not Settler Insignias for armorcrafting.

The Southsun Economist only sells settler weapons, not armor.

I would like to add to this: you can get the Sentinel’s Insignia recipe as drop from the Queen Karka event.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Insignia? Are you sure? Because I’ve gotten 3 Sentinel’s Orichalcum Inscriptions from the Karka Queen, but no Insignia so far.

in Crafting

LadyRhonwyn.2501

I thought it was the insignia… But I could be mistaken, considering my weaponcrafter and armourcrafter is the same character :P (and so is my leathercrafter and huntsman…)

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Point is this: it’s already kitten account bound, I can’t sell it and so I cannot damage the market at all, this 1 per day BS is a blatantly punishing time wasting gate for anyone that plays multiple characters.

Yet another “I have alts yet I’m getting ’punished’’”

It was your decision to make multiple alts.

Why stop there? Why not complain that “I’m getting punished for multiple alts because I have to keep spending gold to gear every single toon?”

His complaint is not about spending gold — so you are being a little extreme in your criticism Vol. No where did he ask for something for “free” or even sound “entitled” so maybe you should stand down.

Filtering out “alt punishment”, the basic argument still stands which is the time gating makes little sense and serves no logical purpose that anyone in these forums can identify.

Maybe this would be a good spot for ANet to step in and provide an official statement with regards to:

1. Justification for the time gating on charged crystals
2. Long term plans for time gating on the charged crystals

Myself I’m trying to build a full celestial armor set for my ele (about the only toon where the armor makes sense). I’m about 20 crystals into the 30 I need for the set. What has me concerned is that ascended armor is coming up. Should I spend the 30 crystals now for the exo set, or wait so I don’t have another 30 day penalty for the ascended set?

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Vorpal.1384

Vorpal.1384

Perhaps they can at least raise the daily cap to 5 charged quartz a day instead of 1 so that you can at least create a full set of Celestial armor in 5 days. I think that’d be a decent compromise between time-gating and instant gratification.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Just imagine how bad it will be for ascended celestial armor. You have the time gating of ascended plus the time gating of the quartz. The grindiest of grinds.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m guessing we will need 5 charged quartz per celestial armor item, based on the formula for making celestial ascended weapons. That isn’t bad if you’ve been making one per day since the Bazaar event.

The only armor craft that is going to get screwed is Tailoring, because Armorsmith is likely to use Deldrimor ingots and Leatherworker is likely to use Elonian leather, and we can already make those items daily. Tailors will have to start from scratch making the daily Damask item.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in Crafting

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I’m guessing we will need 5 charged quartz per celestial armor item, based on the formula for making celestial ascended weapons. That isn’t bad if you’ve been making one per day since the Bazaar event.

The only armor craft that is going to get screwed is Tailoring, because Armorsmith is likely to use Deldrimor ingots and Leatherworker is likely to use Elonian leather, and we can already make those items daily. Tailors will have to start from scratch making the daily Damask item.

Lol. All armor crafting uses cloth… So no matter how much metal or leather you have saved up, you are still gonna be grinding the cloth.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Just imagine how bad it will be for ascended celestial armor. You have the time gating of ascended plus the time gating of the quartz. The grindiest of grinds.

o.O Except that they operate in parallel… the charged quartz won’t make it take longer than the daily ascended mats already do.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Perhaps they can at least raise the daily cap to 5 charged quartz a day instead of 1 so that you can at least create a full set of Celestial armor in 5 days. I think that’d be a decent compromise between time-gating and instant gratification.

The actual solution (to appease the Alt-aholics…..of which I AM one) is to allow 1 per day / PER CHARACTER. That would allow anyone with more characters ample opportunity to get them in a more reasonable time frame and also potentially sell character slots to anyone that wanted to abuse the system. Since they are not (currently) sell-able on the TP, I doubt that would be an issue.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

I really want celestial gear for my build but the 30 days wait is daunting. In the mean time I have to settle with crap gear, or buy gear and then have no cash to actually craft the gear when I finally get 30 crystals.

Sigh.

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

I really want celestial gear for my build but the 30 days wait is daunting. In the mean time I have to settle with crap gear, or buy gear and then have no cash to actually craft the gear when I finally get 30 crystals.

Sigh.

You can buy a set of RARE armor pretty cheaply on the TP. Could get top shelf RARE for less than 5g total. Less than half that if you aren’t picky.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

As for as settlers armor, Come over to Blackgate, we smash them all day long.
and for Celestial, I cant see using more than one set of this and it being worth while… the stats are not great.

7-lvl 80’s and 1’s on the way :P

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

in Crafting

LadyRhonwyn.2501

As for as settlers armor, Come over to Blackgate, we smash them all day long.

Wish I could, but ANet forbids me…

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I would say that with the cost measured in Guild tokens (a time-gated currency), Settlers armor is time-gated. Unless by some miracle your server rises up and smites all Karkadom simultaneously and you happen to be in Southsun Cove to see it…

I did say “crafted” exotic armor.

So did I. The Guild vendor sells the insignia so you can craft them.

You got your facts in a little twist there.
The Guild Commendations Vendor only sells Sentinel Inscriptions for Weaponcrafting, not Settler Insignias for armorcrafting.

The Southsun Economist only sells settler weapons, not armor.

I would like to add to this: you can get the Sentinel’s Insignia recipe as drop from the Queen Karka event.

No, what you are talking about is the recipe for the Settlers Exotic Inscription.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

The actual solution (to appease the Alt-aholics…..of which I AM one) is to allow 1 per day / PER CHARACTER. That would allow anyone with more characters ample opportunity to get them in a more reasonable time frame and also potentially sell character slots to anyone that wanted to abuse the system. Since they are not (currently) sell-able on the TP, I doubt that would be an issue.

This right here would make a ton more sense. Especially if you’re trying to gear up more than one, the first one will be slowest, and every other following that a little faster since you can devote more alts to making the crystals. Why this hasn’t been changed yet is beyond me. The conversion rate is downright outrageous….

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Crafting

juno.1840

The actual solution is to remove the time gating — not work around it for characters vs. accounts. Still waiting to hear why time gating is necessary from ANet (and something more than a cryptic J.Smith half-sentence “answer”).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Crafting

juno.1840

So I may have found a possible reason that quartz is time gated: It makes it difficult for traders to manipulate it on the TP — if you can only use 25 quartz a day, buying up all the stock is not going to impact the market as much. Although I think this is true only if there’s sufficient supply to meet the 25 per day demand. Anyway, it’s a stretch and I can’t even claim it as my idea (it’s based upon a topic in the BLTC forums).

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

The actual solution is to remove the time gating — not work around it for characters vs. accounts. Still waiting to hear why time gating is necessary from ANet (and something more than a cryptic J.Smith half-sentence “answer”).

Why do you think they are going to answer a question that has such an obvious answer? ANet NEEDs time-gating and other methods to generate long term goals that put players in the game EVERY day. It’s the only way they are going to generate any sustained revenue outside of new game sales. Like it or not, it IS the economic model that ANet has chosen for this game.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

So I may have found a possible reason that quartz is time gated: It makes it difficult for traders to manipulate it on the TP — if you can only use 25 quartz a day, buying up all the stock is not going to impact the market as much. Although I think this is true only if there’s sufficient supply to meet the 25 per day demand. Anyway, it’s a stretch and I can’t even claim it as my idea (it’s based upon a topic in the BLTC forums).

I think the time gating of quartz and charged quartz, as well the different crafting model of celestial gear in which you need a separate recipe for the inscription/insignia as well as for the weapon/armor piece was just introduced as testing phase for ascended crafting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

I think the time gating of quartz and charged quartz, as well the different crafting model of celestial gear in which you need a separate recipe for the inscription/insignia as well as for the weapon/armor piece was just introduced as testing phase for ascended crafting.

ok even so….why is it still here?

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Because the testing phase isnt over yet, i suppose.

in Crafting

lunyboy.8672

I think the charged crystals may become non-account bound at some point, but will still be time-gated, much like the ascended mats, encouraging people to refine them and then sell them if they like.

I don’t see where Celestial is so much better than any other stat combination to the degree that it is so limited in its creation. Kind of unnecessarily expensive and punative, or that is my impression.

in Crafting

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If you want everything given to you upfront with no effort then go spvp.

Me, I just bought a lot of stacks when they were dirt cheap and made charged whenever I remembered too over the months. Have full set of celestial exotic armor now and have over 30 charged quartz for when celestial ascended crafting is in place. You are going to be timegated on the ascended mats anyhow and to that end you should be creating the time gated mats if possible for your armor now aswell as saving up regular crafting mats to get 400-500. Its called thinking ahead.

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

I think the charged crystals may become non-account bound at some point, but will still be time-gated, much like the ascended mats, encouraging people to refine them and then sell them if they like.

I don’t see where Celestial is so much better than any other stat combination to the degree that it is so limited in its creation. Kind of unnecessarily expensive and punative, or that is my impression.

The timegated ascended mats also are account bound, only the ascended crafting ingredients that you make out of them, are sellable, so your comparison is a little bit flawed.
For example:

Lum of Mithrillium is time gated and not sellable, but you can craft deldrimor steel ingots with them, which are sellable.

So I dont think that Charged Quartz will be sellable directly.

Maybe they make Celestial Inscriptions/Insignias or Exquisite Quartz Jewels tradeable, though.

in Crafting

lunyboy.8672

The timegated ascended mats also are account bound, only the ascended crafting ingredients that you make out of them, are sellable, so your comparison is a little bit flawed.
For example:

Lum of Mithrillium is time gated and not sellable, but you can craft deldrimor steel ingots with them, which are sellable.

So I dont think that Charged Quartz will be sellable directly.

Maybe they make Celestial Inscriptions/Insignias or Exquisite Quartz Jewels tradeable, though.

Quite correct. And I certainly hope so.