Choice of colour for Ascended Weapons?

in Crafting

Posted by: KeBo.4567

KeBo.4567

Q:

Hey folks,

Can we change the colour of our ascended weapons when we craft them? I would like to be able to choose the colour at the point of crafting. I am not expecting some mad chameleon weapon but I would like the choice initially. Is this the case?

Currently my understanding is the colour depends on what stat choice you make. So if this is correct why not just make it that you can choose the colour when you craft it? After all the skins are identical just not the colours.

Kylar | Leader of Coordinated Chaos [CC] | Ring of Fire Server

in Crafting

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

I highly doubt it, I’m thinking they want you to be able to see the stat of the item just by looking at it, it’s rather silly really, there’s going to be a lot of red great swords out there.

in Crafting

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

My thief wants the black revolvers, so he’s gonna have to get four pistols and transmute them, haha

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I like the color of the green GS and it matches my stats. I just want dyes for the colors so I can makes ascended armor to match

in Crafting

Posted by: KeBo.4567

KeBo.4567

Hey SuLor,

What reasoning would they have for that? I’m not saying your wrong I just can’t see why that would help gameplay etc. in anyway!

Kylar | Leader of Coordinated Chaos [CC] | Ring of Fire Server

in Crafting

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

can someone tell me all the colors. i need rabid but im a mesmer and i like puple colors…orange just looks horrendous on it. i only know celestial is multi color, berseker is red i think…..what other colors are there?

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

can someone tell me all the colors. i need rabid but im a mesmer and i like puple colors…orange just looks horrendous on it. i only know celestial is multi color, berseker is red i think…..what other colors are there?

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/4104/o8f9.png

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sir Erighan.9260

Sir Erighan.9260

This is by far my biggest issue with ascended weapons. If I want a specific color and want a different stat that doesn’t match the color, I have to craft two and transmute them. Would have been much better to allow users to select the color. I understand not allowing stat changes to set them apart from legendaries, but they could have at least allowed us to select our color combo. This is compounded if you have multiple builds using multiple versions of the same weapon.

My Ele has two sets of daggers and two staves. I’ll need to craft 12 ascended weapons just to get 6 weapons with the stat/color I need to match my armor….talk about lame mechanics.

in Crafting

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Nope, Anet somehow decided that it would be a great decision to make you be stuck with a color based on the stat you place on the ascended.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Nope, Anet somehow decided that it would be a great decision to make you be stuck with a color based on the stat you place on the ascended.

Better than most weapons which only have a single colour option.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

This is by far my biggest issue with ascended weapons. If I want a specific color and want a different stat that doesn’t match the color, I have to craft two and transmute them. Would have been much better to allow users to select the color. I understand not allowing stat changes to set them apart from legendaries, but they could have at least allowed us to select our color combo. This is compounded if you have multiple builds using multiple versions of the same weapon.

My Ele has two sets of daggers and two staves. I’ll need to craft 12 ascended weapons just to get 6 weapons with the stat/color I need to match my armor….talk about lame mechanics.

yep, same here. ill go for celestial look and rabid stats. orange is unacceptable for my mesmer.

i mean this…with and orange weapon..o.0

Attachments:

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Lady Minuit.3186

Lady Minuit.3186

I hope they make it so you can choose color in the future. Red looks really bad with my fractal back piece and my purple theme…
Please Anet so tired to try make everything match and then you throw this odd new color in… Need alittle help here!

Lady Minuit

in Crafting

Sir Erighan.9260

It might seem that way on the surface, but think about it a bit more deeply. Let’s say you absolutely love the look of T3 Asura culture items. You’re most likely going to build your armor fashion around the weapons. Now, with the current weapon system, if I want multiple weapon stat options I would just purchase the same skin with whatever stats I need. This means they all look the same and means I don’t have to change my armor design. Not a perfect system, but manageable.

With ascended weapons, if I want multiple versions I’m forced to have multiple colors. For many people, they will adjust their armor design to accommodate for this mechanic by choosing neutral dye colors like black and white, or they will have to constantly change their armor color when they change builds/weapons. Yes, there are people that don’t care and won’t do either…but this is a vanity game, right?

The new ascended system is more annoying than the current. It’s more cumbersome and not build friendly. Anet is either very ignorant to customer quality of life issues regarding player build flexibility or they made this decision to drive increased sales of fine transmutation stones….

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

It might seem that way on the surface, but think about it a bit more deeply. Let’s say you absolutely love the look of T3 Asura culture items. You’re most likely going to build your armor fashion around the weapons. Now, with the current weapon system, if I want multiple weapon stat options I would just purchase the same skin with whatever stats I need. This means they all look the same and means I don’t have to change my armor design. Not a perfect system, but manageable.

With ascended weapons, if I want multiple versions I’m forced to have multiple colors. For many people, they will adjust their armor design to accommodate for this mechanic by choosing neutral dye colors like black and white, or they will have to constantly change their armor color when they change builds/weapons. Yes, there are people that don’t care and won’t do either…but this is a vanity game, right?

The new ascended system is more annoying than the current. It’s more cumbersome and not build friendly. Anet is either very ignorant to customer quality of life issues regarding player build flexibility or they made this decision to drive increased sales of fine transmutation stones….

I don’t see how its “more annoying”. The way I see it, its equally as annoying.

You want the look of a certain weapon but a different set of stats? Like, say, the look of the Legionnaire Greatsword with Berserker’s stats? You transmute the two together.

You want the look of one ascended weapon with the stats of the other? You transmute the two together.

The only difference is that the latter requires you to use 2 ascended weapons. Which is a little more time / resource intensive compared to certain options (including the above example), sure. But there are still other transmutation combinations which are even worse, like for example some of the weapons that require hundreds of Lodestones to create just to get the skin, so I don’t see how the way ascended weapons are set up is the end of the world and something that needs to be changed. Its no different than the way most of the other items in the game are set up, if you want X skin chances are you’re going to have to transmute it because you most likely won’t be able to get the stats you want.

in Crafting

Sir Erighan.9260

I don’t see how its “more annoying”. The way I see it, its equally as annoying.

You want the look of a certain weapon but a different set of stats? Like, say, the look of the Legionnaire Greatsword with Berserker’s stats? You transmute the two together.

You want the look of one ascended weapon with the stats of the other? You transmute the two together.

The only difference is that the latter requires you to use 2 ascended weapons. Which is a little more time / resource intensive compared to certain options (including the above example), sure. But there are still other transmutation combinations which are even worse, like for example some of the weapons that require hundreds of Lodestones to create just to get the skin, so I don’t see how the way ascended weapons are set up is the end of the world and something that needs to be changed. Its no different than the way most of the other items in the game are set up, if you want X skin chances are you’re going to have to transmute it because you most likely won’t be able to get the stats you want.

Yes, you’re correct, if you wanted Infinite Light with two different stats you had to make two separate swords. However you also had access to many many other BiS swords to choose from they are considerably cheaper and that could be acquired through many different game activities.

Ascended weapons are now the new BiS and are severely controlled by how they are acquired. So now you have to jump through the gated aspects AND deal with same lame stat/color/skin mechanics.