Cooking for leveling

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

What is the minimum cost( gold and silver ) to get 400 exp( maximum rank ) in cooking ?

How many levels will I reach with it ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Any answer from your experiences ?

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

The Demonic Spirit.3157

guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: Famous.8670

Famous.8670

Hard to say man, there is a good chunk of cooking mats which are purchased from karma vendors. Cost could be anywhere between 2-3g up to 10g.

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

3g tops, and maxing a crafting skill gets you ten levels. That means you get a ton more exp total if you craft at 70 than at 1, because it always adds up to 10 levels. Maxing all crafting skills = lvl 80.

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: Qorthos.9782

Qorthos.9782

Try my guide, it should cost you about 1.5g

http://www.errantquest.com/guild-wars-2/chef-guide/

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

The Demonic Spirit.3157

3g tops, and maxing a crafting skill gets you ten levels. That means you get a ton more exp total if you craft at 70 than at 1, because it always adds up to 10 levels. Maxing all crafting skills = lvl 80.

But I want to level up my new characters !!
Is the experience based on a percentage or it’s a basic amount ?
If I got level 20 character , how many levels will I reach by getting 400 exp in cooking ?

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

If I got level 20 character , how many levels will I reach by getting 400 exp in cooking ?

You gain about 10 levels by crafting to 400 in any craft. So, if you are level 20 and get 400 cooking, you will level up 10 levels to 30.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Try my guide, it should cost you about 1.5g

http://www.errantquest.com/guild-wars-2/chef-guide/

This is a great guide. It was closer to 3 gold in the end due to pricing changes, but i’d say anything under 6 gold is an extremely cheap way to raise your levels up to 400.

Go through this guide before it gets seen and nerfed.

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

this might help since the changes long ago to what cooking stuff is sold by karma vendors. I think this list of cooking materials is current: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_karma_merchant_items#Cooking_Ingredients
I used the Healthy Gamer cooking guide.

I wish I could get Vanilla Beans more often than i do when I farm herbs.

(edited by Zapan.7460)

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: elderan.2638

elderan.2638

What is the minimum cost( gold and silver ) to get 400 exp( maximum rank ) in cooking ?

I leveled cooking 0-400 on my alts last week for precisely 37.11s and 1484 karma each. Admittedly I did way way more research than your average player is willing to do, and the guide I made for myself wouldn’t work for thousands of people doing it. That being said, you can get the price very low by carefully studying the all the recipes for each level and the current prices. I used http://www.guildwarstrade.com/recipes.

How many levels will I reach with it ?

It will take you from level 2 to level 15. I think it varies depending on what level you are when you start it though, 10 levels are the minimum I believe.

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: Berengar.6951

Berengar.6951

The experience curve when you are very low leveled is different than the general one, so if you max a craft when you are level 2 you will gain around 12 levels. After that it is 10 levels per craft.

Engineer, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist, Guardian,Warrior, Necro
[KoM] Krewe of Misfits
[IB]Inglorious Basterdz

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Thank you guys for you great help.
But with all crafting disciplines( tailor , weapon / armor smith , chief ,….. ), I will always get ( from selling the crafted items in TP ) more than I have paid to get the materials , right ?

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

But with all crafting disciplines( tailor , weapon / armor smith , chief ,….. ), I will always get ( from selling the crafted items in TP ) more than I have paid to get the materials , right ?

Grammar isn’t very good, but I think this is the correct response:

Yes, you will pay more to get to 400 than you will selling back the items. Jewlery will get you the most money back whereas cooking will get you the least amount back. Crafting is always done at a loss, unless you gather materials yourself.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Yes, you will pay more to get to 400 than you will selling back the items. Jewlery will get you the most money back whereas cooking will get you the least amount back. Crafting is always done at a loss, unless you gather materials yourself.

But the difference between the cost and the profit is small , isn’t it ?

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

The Demonic Spirit.3157

You gain about 10 levels by crafting to 400 in any craft. So, if you are level 20 and get 400 cooking, you will level up 10 levels to 30.

There are 8 crafting disciplines , so this mean that I can reach level 80 just by crafting. ( As you said that each crafting discipline will get me 10 levels )

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

Depends on the crafting skill, cooking can be maxed at a cost of around 2g while others will run you as high as 6-8g.

Cooking for leveling

in Crafting

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Depends on the crafting skill, cooking can be maxed at a cost of around 2g while others will run you as high as 6-8g.

Anyways , I have figured out a way that always makes the profit more than the cost.