Crafted goods become soul bound

in Crafting

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Putting gems/runes/whatever into something soulbinds it for whatever reason (not counted if it comes with that inside it, like a ring does).

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Send it first, let them rune it up.

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Putting gems/runes/whatever into something soulbinds it for whatever reason (not counted if it comes with that inside it, like a ring does).

And then you have to soulbind it again when you try to equip it(which totally makes sense, right?). But at least that warns you about soulbinding, unlike transmuting items, where it’s part of the deal and you don’t even have to accept it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Buellbloke.8915

Buellbloke.8915

I just encountered this myself, a mate sent me a couple trinkets level 45 lapis gold earrings after I sent him the mats, was bout 15 levels away from crafting them. So that was ok, I then made a set of level 10 armour for my girlfriends level 9 guardian and popped in some malachite toughness pebbles, couldn’t send mail em and freaked me right out, major anger issues, ranting and complaining via the bug sender form, so thankfully this sheds some light. So stuff is soulbound even though it don’t say it is durr ~surely a bug worth a fix right!!??

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Hey all,

Hope this is known already but since is lost some coin and time on it I’m compelled to share my experience. So I crafted up two sets of winged leather armor and put two sets of major divinity runes on them. Then went out and something similar to two newly crafted hardwood staffs. Ran out of time on the platinum jewelry so no runes has been applied.

When I went off to mail them – everything but the jewelry was soul bound. I had to scrap it all. As a warrior I can’t even use the stuff it should not have been soul bound.

No offense but you don’t have anyone to blame but yourself. It says right in the window that putting a rune in the armor will soulbind it to you. In red letters even.

Consider it lesson learned. Don’t go blindly clicking accept every time a window pops up.

And then you have to soulbind it again when you try to equip it(which totally makes sense, right?). But at least that warns you about soulbinding, unlike transmuting items, where it’s part of the deal and you don’t even have to accept it.

No, you don’t.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

No, you don’t.

You don’t what?

in Crafting

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

I just encountered this problem, it does not say in the window that it will become soulbound, i crafted my friend 2 rings and put different orbs in it and now its soulbound.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No, you don’t.

You don’t what?

Soulbind it again when you want to equip it.

I just encountered this problem, it does not say in the window that it will become soulbound, i crafted my friend 2 rings and put different orbs in it and now its soulbound.

Yes it does. When you go to put the gem into the item and the confirmation box pops up it says right at the bottom in red letters that it will soulbind the item to you ask you if you want to continue.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

No, you don’t.

You don’t what?

Soulbind it again when you want to equip it.

How about you go check it? If you upgrade an item and then try to equip it, it asks you if you want to soulbind it. I’m about 80% sure that upgrading actually makes items accountbound and the soulbound part is just a mistake. I’ll just have to check it better when I make my next exotic(the rare focus I got myself ended up accountbound after upgrading, but I can’t be sure about exotics since I never actually tried).

in Crafting

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Yes it does. When you go to put the gem into the item and the confirmation box pops up it says right at the bottom in red letters that it will soulbind the item to you ask you if you want to continue.[/quote]

If its soulbinded to my character than why am i freely to move it between my characters and allow me to equip them, the item becomes account bount when you add the jewel which the pop up does not specify and its dumb that it even does this.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

It even gives a warning that it will soulbind so OP is a fail troll.

in Crafting

Posted by: inbetween.5623

inbetween.5623

Yeah it even warns you, how did the op not see the warning message.

in Crafting

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

One of my guild friends had a problem with seeing certain things as he used ts. Such as the aoe rings as an example. He reinstalled either the game or TS and fixed it. Search for a reason why this message wasn’t noticed. Maybe its something similar

in Crafting

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

just send the upgrade item along with the acrafted item next time and let them add it that way you wont waste yours or there time with this stupidity(ive done it myself a couple of times so im hardly innocent of this myself), if in doubt dont slap a rune or pebble on anything once completed unless your keeping it.