Crafting Juggernaut, Silver Doubloons?

in Crafting

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

So I have been pondering this decision for a while now, and have finally decided to go through with it. I’ve read through plenty of Guides on crafting a Legendary. Pretty straightforward on what to do for all except the whole Silver Doubloon part….

My question is to anyone who has gone through this tedious process of collecting the required 250, what is the single best way of obtaining them? I know there are a few methods, but I’m curious as to know I there is an easier way.

The methods I am aware of are the following:
1. Park Level 21-35 Alts on JP chests.
2. Mystic Forge them using various recipes.
3. Farm Gold to buy them from TP

Of these methods I am a little confused on the Mystic Forge recipes. What method works best here? On the subject of the Forge there’s the precursor as well. Farming gold, chests, mats for crafting rares; what’s the best way to do this?

Any help on these matters would be much appreciative. Looking forward to wielding my Juggernaut

in Crafting

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

The best method, for anything you need to collect in number, is to get gold to buy them directly.

in Crafting

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

1. I tried this, but not much luck. I used only one char, and it was about 1-2 doubloons a month. Maybe just very bad luck, but I gave up on that one.
2. better than 1. Farming iron and silver in the right lvl maps gives you nuggets, wich have a chance of returning silver doubloons in the mf. Selling iron can make some gold to buy doubloons. If you have the watchwork pick you can make more gold.
3, Fastest in my experience.

There is also the option to farm bags, I had a doubloon every 50 or so bag. I havent tried to buy bags from tp, but some do that. I preferred the dredges, they seemed to drop more bags. Dont have numbers, could be wrong.
Every method needs lots of time, you have to see what suits you best. I mostly went with farming iron, as wandering about is what I tend to do anyway.
Good luck

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I have 2 level 20+ mules parked at a JP and I can tell you that this isn’t a good option. I’ve seen posts where people claim to get one or two silver doubloons a week doing this but my experience is one or two a month per toon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you do decide to go with the JP route, remember to pick a jp that gives 2 guaranteed upgrade drops (the most often used is the pirate JP in LA).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

meklin.4530

There is also the option to farm bags, I had a doubloon every 50 or so bag. I havent tried to buy bags from tp, but some do that. I preferred the dredges, they seemed to drop more bags. Dont have numbers, could be wrong.

Where do you farm for these bags?

in Crafting

JoeytheHutt.1742

where there is mobs in right lvl. Some dredges South of vigil keep, and northeast in lornars pass. There are more spots, dont remember. Basically any mob lvl 24-35 (I think) who drop bags should be okay.
I stopped because most spots got flooded with farmers, but I think the price of doubloons were higher then, it is some time ago.

in Crafting

meklin.4530

The price went down to about 1-1.25 gold now. I feel like if it stays steady here farming gold would be the easiest way.

Does anyone know the Mystic forge method? In it’s entire process for making Silver Doubloons if you could. I have seen so many mixed answers on this =\. Tbh I don’t know if it’s even viable atm.

in Crafting

JoeytheHutt.1742

I only know of 4 nuggets (any nugget gem) = small chanse of silver doubloon
The lower gem tier, pebble, gives mostly copper. Lump gives gold and so on. But any tier can give silver, or platinum for that matter. But afaik, best chanse for silver is nuggets.
And farming gold is easiest and I think faster.

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The lower gem tier, pebble, gives mostly copper. Lump gives gold and so on. But any tier can give silver, or platinum for that matter.

Untrue. Forging a tier giver as a result upgrade from the same tier, or one tier above (small chance). That upgrade can be a gem, mark/crest, or (rarely) a doubloon. You can’t get silver doubloons forging a high tier gems, nor can you get platinum forging pebbles.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

JoeytheHutt.1742

The lower gem tier, pebble, gives mostly copper. Lump gives gold and so on. But any tier can give silver, or platinum for that matter.

Untrue. Forging a tier giver as a result upgrade from the same tier, or one tier above (small chance). That upgrade can be a gem, mark/crest, or (rarely) a doubloon. You can’t get silver doubloons forging a high tier gems, nor can you get platinum forging pebbles.

Then there is a bug somewhere. I have once gotten a platinum from pebbles. And nuggets can give copper, silver, gold and platinum. Mostly silver, with gold occasionally, but copper and platinum does happen.
It is some time ago, so maybe its fixed. It would be nice if its like you say.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lokaalin.6271

Lokaalin.6271

I just got my 250 doubloons, I had parked 4 lvl21 at the LA JPs for months but ended up buying half of them from TP

in Crafting

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

I only know of 4 nuggets (any nugget gem) = small chanse of silver doubloon
The lower gem tier, pebble, gives mostly copper. Lump gives gold and so on. But any tier can give silver, or platinum for that matter. But afaik, best chanse for silver is nuggets.
And farming gold is easiest and I think faster.

Actually in my experience, 3 pebbles and 1 nugget (or the equavalent level 20 square thingy the ‘toilet’ sometimes spits out) is the cheapest way. IIRC around every 100th ‘flush’ on average gives one Silver Doubloon. Budget/farm accordingly.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There are loot bags Silver Doubloons can drop from……can be farmed directly or purchased from TP (potentially profitable without ANY SD drops).

4 Nuggets / Marks can produce them from the Flusher.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Nusku.3941

Nusku.3941

Dude just flip for the doubloons, don’t waste your time farming them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I used nuggets, around 50 flushes, and had two silver and two gold doubloons.
Not saying the number is representative, just don’t be discouraged if you get a gold and think you have the wrong combination.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Crafting

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

I have 2 level 20+ mules parked at a JP and I can tell you that this isn’t a good option. I’ve seen posts where people claim to get one or two silver doubloons a week doing this but my experience is one or two a month per toon.

Which JP were you using? Not all give equal rewards.

I had 12-14 alts parked (occasionally i did stupid things like dodging off the platform, or was kicked from pirates due to LA changes) for many months. In ~5 months, I got more than 250 — which works out to at least 3.5 SDs per character per month (naively you’d expect ~4.2 assuming even distribution of the possible upgrades). Sometimes I’d go a week with only 1, other times I would get more than 5 in a day. If I combined all the alternate universal upgrades I got, I could probably increase the number by 25%, but that’s also somewhat time-consuming … and I don’t need more SDs now.

If you do this, choose one of the chests which gives 2 chances per open — pirates, spek’s lab, etc. It’s not efficient in terms of time or money, I was just curious.

(edited by linuxotaku.4731)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Which JP were you using? Not all give equal rewards.

I had 12-14 alts parked (occasionally i did stupid things like dodging off the platform, or was kicked from pirates due to LA changes) for many months. In ~5 months, I got more than 250 — which works out to at least 3.5 SDs per character per month (naively you’d expect ~4.2 assuming even distribution of the possible upgrades). Sometimes I’d go a week with only 1, other times I would get more than 5 in a day. If I combined all the alternate universal upgrades I got, I could probably increase the number by 25%, but that’s also somewhat time-consuming … and I don’t need more SDs now.

If you do this, choose one of the chests which gives 2 chances per open — pirates, spek’s lab, etc. It’s not efficient in terms of time or money, I was just curious.

I currently have one parked in Southsun, the JP by the LA portal, and one at Troll’s End. I used to have one at Urmaug’s secret for several months till it was removed when Scarlet attacked LA.