Dreamer, no footprint particle effect :C

in Crafting

Posted by: TToTT.3695

TToTT.3695

Alright, I know others have mentioned this before but just want to check again if the Dreamer was suppose to have no footprint particle effect or was it just forgotten and never fixed? Since I think ALL two-handed legendaries have footprint particle effect EXCEPT for the Dreamer, even some of the one handed weapon have foot print particle effect :\ Not sure if the Dreamer is being forgotten or it’s just not getting any love

in Crafting

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

The Dreamer already got more love than the other legendaries to be honest. It is now shooting kitten big horses making it one of the most noticeable legendary of the game.

There is a lot more weapon that need was more love than the Dreamer. Saying it as someone who is planning to get one.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

in Crafting

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

I think Dreamer should have hoof shaped footprints with rainbow colours in them.
OR
A rainbow trail when you move coming straight from the bow. Like Nyan Cat.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I’d happily swap my bolt for a dreamer if i can wield a bow. I think the dreamer is one of the coolest legendaries.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The Dreamer shoots gigantic unicorns. It has arguably the most noticeable special effects of any of the legendaries, and I honestly don’t think it needs more. Keep it as-is, please!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

The Dreamer shoots gigantic unicorns. It has arguably the most noticeable special effects of any of the legendaries, and I honestly don’t think it needs more. Keep it as-is, please!

Agreed. Anymore effects would be overkill.

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

There should be an additional bonus for all my Dreamer brothers. For each person who owns a Dreamer, we should all automatically become friends! We should also have our own Dreamer chat box, much like /map chat, only our fonts colors would alternate in rainbow hues!

I would also suggest that the Dreamer grant its users magical powers, but that would make us too OP.

:3

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Frosti.4856

Frosti.4856

Just give us footprints, make the community happy. Its no big deal. Yes it has shooting unicorns but the great swords have cool swish motions when they attack and have footprints. Its ridiculous all legendarys must have footprints!

Frozdí 80 – Ranger Rainbows from my Bow? I Think So
Frózdí 80 – Thief IF you DARE be AWARE

in Crafting

Posted by: Syberius.2301

Syberius.2301

I suggest you to wait till all legendary get some awesome effect and than try it again, because right now there are few legendary weapons wchich don’t have any effect.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cardstar.1963

Cardstar.1963

Dreamer should definitely cause little footprints that are little patches of love, making anyone who crosses them before they fade to have love hearts float about them and randomly shout lines of poetry and the owner.

<paste generic, tired historical quote here>

in Crafting

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I’d be MORE then happy to lose the unicorn, back to the rainbow(which was actually rather nice and no real reason to swap) and have … puddles of rainbows, or whatever they’d bring in.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

They need to add a 3 man band of quaggans that follow behind you and wave a sign saying “This is my legendary!” everytime you shoot it.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Frosti.4856

Even Kudzu has footprints

in Crafting

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Kudzu’s footprints is one of the worst.. Looks more like vomit to me than a flower patch.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Crafting

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

I feel really bad for people with the Dreamer. It’s such a subtle, understated weapon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

I have a Bifrost. I’ll swap my footprints for your unicorns.

in Crafting

Frosti.4856

I feel really bad for people with the Dreamer. It’s such a subtle, understated weapon.

I completely agree, how long it takes to get a legendary and it has no footprints. As for swapping your bifrost for my dreamer, yes please! Anything that has footprints IMO is legendary it stands out, I know the dreamer has flying unicorns, but you have to shoot it to notice the person has the dreamer it doesnt even have a glow for goodness sake!!!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Make it not lame kitten kitten aimed at bronies and little girls. No way my norn thief is wasting his time to become a legendary laughing stock at the next moot he goes to. Or make a SB that isn’t the above.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tychimios.2659

Tychimios.2659

As an owner of a Dreamer, I would have preferred some footprints instead of the animation change they made. Not a fan of the full body unicorn. I think the full unicorn is kind of obnoxious and as a tiny Asuran they’re bigger than me, too!

Also, I would gladly trade my Dreamer for a Bolt. Not that I don’t love my Dreamer, I just don’t play my Thief as much and I’m working on Bolt for my Guardian or Mesmer. Mystic Forge has not been kind.

Nessa Tarmiriel – Bolt Mesmer / Tychimios – Asura Dreamer Thief

Borlis Pass – [BS] guild

in Crafting

Posted by: Anzu.5702

Anzu.5702

Alright, I know others have mentioned this before but just want to check again if the Dreamer was suppose to have no footprint particle effect or was it just forgotten and never fixed? Since I think ALL two-handed legendaries have footprint particle effect EXCEPT for the Dreamer, even some of the one handed weapon have foot print particle effect :\ Not sure if the Dreamer is being forgotten or it’s just not getting any love

I know what you mean, it’s ridiculous they didn’t give all of the legendaries the same love, considering that they pretty much took the same amount of effort to make them at the start (slightly dif now mainly due to the lodes).

The dreamer does have that massive unicorn (which in a wvw pvx makes me target that person first just to stop that annoying effect lol).

My rodgort barely has any effects and usually goes by unnoticed and I normally get questions like “what focus is that, what sword is that, what horn is that”. It does have some nice fiery footprints but they are tiny compared to the other legendaries and disappear in 2 seconds…. The flame on my arm can barely even be seen under heavy armour.

When they made legendaries they said their intention was that everyone around them would know; “wow that’s a legendary” when they saw it. Succeeded in some, failed in the rest. I mean the new SAB focus looks more legendary than the legendary focus.

Xarvacious: Guardian | Xarvo: Engineer | Achiles Augustus: Warrior
[HIRE]
TC

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

I would love it to leave unicorn footprints after you

in Crafting

Frosti.4856

When are they going to fix this, every legendary needs footprints! What is the point of running around with a weapon that only looks like a legendary once you shoot it…….

in Crafting

Posted by: YokoFaux.1726

YokoFaux.1726

The Dreamer definitely needs foot prints. Besides the attack, it’s sorely missing some cool effects that are worthy of calling legendary.

There should be an additional bonus for all my Dreamer brothers. For each person who owns a Dreamer, we should all automatically become friends! We should also have our own Dreamer chat box, much like /map chat, only our fonts colors would alternate in rainbow hues!

I would also suggest that the Dreamer grant its users magical powers, but that would make us too OP.

:3

Let us form the Dream Team!

in Crafting

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

When they made legendaries they said their intention was that everyone around them would know; “wow that’s a legendary” when they saw it. Succeeded in some, failed in the rest. I mean the new SAB focus looks more legendary than the legendary focus.

There is no SAB focus…

-Drums

in Crafting

Posted by: Sebulon.7683

Sebulon.7683

It’s funny to see everyone here complain about their legendary and say the others are better. Why did you make that legendary if the effects are bad?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

It’s funny to see everyone here complain about their legendary and say the others are better. Why did you make that legendary if the effects are bad?

Very good point. I fell in love with the predator even before anet updated the effects on most legendaries, because the sound effect was just too sexy, and it didn’t have any footprints at that time. Now the predator got a new fiery look with footprints that don’t even last 1 second. They are hardly noticeable. But I still don’t care because the sound effect is what keeps me loving the predator

FYI, The predator’s sound effect can barely be heard from other players, you have to literally be inside the predator user to hear it, where as the dreamers monster sized unicorns can be noticed from a mile away.

-Drums

in Crafting

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Now the predator got a new fiery look with footprints that don’t even last 1 second. They are hardly noticeable.

I would be happy with something like this. I am like 2 steps away from getting the dreamer…It already looks awesome. I was gonna get Kudzu for the particle effects but I use shortbow alot more as a ranger and Giant Unicorns are awesome…

Nothing big has to be used for particle effects just something to please us so when we walk we know that we made the world a colorful place.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)