Ectos Nerf

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenku.9647

Zenku.9647

I didnt see in the patch notes that you guys nerfed the ecto chance. But i can assure you that you did. which really stinks. Can you guys confirm or deny this? I use to get tons of ectos off yellows….. now i am lucky if i get 1 ecto every 5 or 6 yellows. this is now going to jack the price of these up. one other thing, i know everyone farmed plinx, but you do realize making FOTM drop better gear now makes every only run that right? It is a pain in the butt now to find grps for other things. I just feel like i shouldnt have to be forced in a crappy grp when a lot of people arent on to have to run dungeons. oh well though i guess.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

RNG is RNG – you have had bad RNG. I just salvaged 10 rares yesterday with BL kits – first 6 were 0 3 1 2 3 3, next 4 were 0 1 0 0.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Zenku.9647

lol right so spend 4g on black kites…. yea i got it nerf ectos so you spend gold to buy better kites…. i see where its going:D
i mean i thought about that too, maybe my luck was bad, but then i started talking to people and for some reason there luck ran out too….i call a silent nerf on them:)

(edited by Zenku.9647)

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

I didnt see in the patch notes that you guys nerfed the ecto chance.

That’s because they didn’t.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

I agree that it was changed. The people that say it didn’t for the most part are using BL kits.

The people like myself that are complaining were people that used basic and/or master kits. The chance using those kits changed drastically when the SoS patch came out.

I feel like they left BL kits alone but lowered the rate on other kits by alot (probably either it was a bug previously because the type of kit used to NOT MATTER AT ALL, or else it was changed to get people to buy more BL kits). Either way, i started selling all my rares instead (and this is coming from someone who salvaged over 250 ectos using rares i farmed myself)

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Using master kits (or whatever the 15s ones are), no noticeable drop in ectos at all. Have I had rares give me none? Yep. Have I had rares give me 3+? Yep. Nothing changed, people just freak out when they don’t get a rare drop every two seconds.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Here’s the wonderful thing about this topic:

It appears every week/two weeks. There are dozens of them that exist.

So either everyone is right and ectos are constantly nerfed every few weeks (thus we should be spending ectos to salvage by now) or people just don’t understand the concept of bad luck.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Zenku.9647

i have also farmed and had over 250 ectos, so yea i do notice, i have salvaged a lot of stuff to get ectos, for people say say i am just having bad luck since the lost shore event patch is funny to me. People do notice things like that. who knows, but whatever the reason i wish they would at least tell me so i don’t waste the yellows i do get with the master salvage kits. Good way for them to make some money though… Good marketing arenanet:)

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

If the problem is genuine, then I hope it will get better soon for those genuine cases. However, there is nagging feeling I have that it might also be a ploy to drive up the prices of ecto.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Actually, I’m getting more ectos since patch :P Using mystic kit.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

Actually, I’m getting more ectos since patch :P Using mystic kit.

I second this.

I use a mystic kit also. OP have you tried using a Mystic Salvage Kit before?
I’m finding more ectos since the last update but again – I feel it’s just RNG.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: TheRudeDude.1596

TheRudeDude.1596

I dont care what anybody is saying, i make my own conclusions —> ectos got nerfed (at least on my end).

Only with the mystic kit though, bltc kit is the same as always.

Why that might be? I think you guys can find a good answer for this

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

I don’t think there has been any nerf. I got 1 ecto from 3 rares with bltc kit yesterday, then i used a yellow kit (the one with 25% chance) and i got 3 ectos from a lvl 76 rare..

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I didnt see in the patch notes that you guys nerfed the ecto chance. But i can assure you that you did. which really stinks.

How are you so sure? I’d bet all my exotics across all characters that your salvaging sample size is insignificant. Realistically, you’ll need a salvage size of probably 1000-1500 to show a definitive result. So please, come back to the forums when you’ve salvaged that much post “nerf”.

I’ve noticed no change to be honest. I thought there might have been one a little over a week ago, but kept my mouth shut since it’s all RNG. And guess what? My luck has turned around and I’m getting the salvage results I’m used to seeing. If salvage rates have truly been decreased each time a thread like this pops up, ectos wouldn’t be ~28s and rares ~18, it’d be more like ectos around 1g each and rares at merch value.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Random loot is random. Demand is just up with a drop in supply from lack of bots and Plinx events.

If there was a nerf it was in the drop rate of loot because of the divergence of people from farming Orr to running Fractals.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: JungleNin.8379

JungleNin.8379

Are you kidding? I spent 10 ecto on a pair of exotic pistols and easily made that back by craft>salvaging rares. The drop rate is the same as ever.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

RNG is RNG – you have had bad RNG. I just salvaged 10 rares yesterday with BL kits – first 6 were 0 3 1 2 3 3, next 4 were 0 1 0 0.

Actually no…because ANY mathematician worth his weight in water will tell you that no one can make an equation that generates an absolutely random result, there is always a variance of + or – in which Anet definitely has their finger on to adjust one way or another. So please don’t insult our intelligence by telling us that.

Secondly, My last dealings with salvaging was on 4 rares (because MF just absolutely refuses to give me better drops so I found by not using it I have a higher chance of rares oddly) and when I used their BLC kit with 50% chance of rare mats I got 0 globs.

There’s something wrong when you have a 100% chance of getting nothing.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: majorkong.9073

majorkong.9073

Actually no…because ANY mathematician worth his weight in water will tell you that no one can make an equation that generates an absolutely random result

This part is true, though you’ve used it to imply something that’s not at all true. The rest of your post… lacks accuracy.

A few Wikipedia articles to illuminate:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_random_number_generator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expected_value

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Yellow shoudl always give 1.
Exotics always give 3.

No random number involved.

It would solve alot of frustation.
Sorry but being double lucky is just bad.

If you are lucky, you find a yellow item, and you can salvage it for an ecto, use it, or sell it.

It is like altering the dungeon rewards.
You might get a chest item, which might give you 0,20,40,60 tokens.
Nobody would argue that this would be a good system, yet for ectos it is ok.

Finding 5 yellows should be a moment of joy, but when you than salvage them and get 0 rewards it is frustating as hell. A game shouldn’t frustate you with something so awful like this. It should be fun. Salvaging for a random chance of rare items isn’t fun.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Yellow shoudl always give 1.
Exotics always give 3.

No random number involved.

It would solve alot of frustation.
Sorry but being double lucky is just bad.

If you are lucky, you find a yellow item, and you can salvage it for an ecto, use it, or sell it.

It is like altering the dungeon rewards.
You might get a chest item, which might give you 0,20,40,60 tokens.
Nobody would argue that this would be a good system, yet for ectos it is ok.

Finding 5 yellows should be a moment of joy, but when you than salvage them and get 0 rewards it is frustating as hell. A game shouldn’t frustate you with something so awful like this. It should be fun. Salvaging for a random chance of rare items isn’t fun.

I like this, then the ecto prices can come down to a reasonable price, and for people going to super exotics or legendary, needed 2 stacks of them will still be difficult, understandably.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

majorkong.9073

I like this, then the ecto prices can come down to a reasonable price, and for people going to super exotics or legendary, needed 2 stacks of them will still be difficult, understandably.

This wouldn’t change the price of ectos, except to the extent that the average number of ectos per salvage would increase from 0.88 (or whatever it is now) to 1. Eliminating the variance in outcomes doesn’t change the supply/demand curves at all.

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Actually no…because ANY mathematician worth his weight in water will tell you that no one can make an equation that generates an absolutely random result, there is always a variance of + or – in which Anet definitely has their finger on to adjust one way or another. So please don’t insult our intelligence by telling us that.

You don’t really know how RNG works, do you? You can achieve close to complete randomness in programming because you have access to actual random numbers. My fav example…take time down to milliseconds as a variable in your equation. While still mathematically processed, calculating based on a constantly changing event generates enough randomness for it to be RNG.

Secondly, My last dealings with salvaging was on 4 rares (because MF just absolutely refuses to give me better drops so I found by not using it I have a higher chance of rares oddly) and when I used their BLC kit with 50% chance of rare mats I got 0 globs.

Oh, darn, smb tempered with my coin! I just got tails 4 times in a roll. Any mathematician worth his wait in water would tell you that the larger the sample, the closer it gets to the actual probability of an event. And that 4 tries is not even close to enough to draw a conclusion. Because, based on your logic, there is 0% chance of getting heads, thus we should always bet on tails.

PS: Isn’t the discussion whether ectos are considered “rare” still ongoing? I always use the pink-ish salvage kits on rare items while my ecto supplier uses basic…guess which one of us gets more ectos…

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

You don’t really know how RNG works, do you? You can achieve close to complete randomness in programming because you have access to actual random numbers. My fav example…take time down to milliseconds as a variable in your equation. While still mathematically processed, calculating based on a constantly changing event generates enough randomness for it to be RNG.

Oh, darn, smb tempered with my coin! I just got tails 4 times in a roll. Any mathematician worth his wait in water would tell you that the larger the sample, the closer it gets to the actual probability of an event. And that 4 tries is not even close to enough to draw a conclusion. Because, based on your logic, there is 0% chance of getting heads, thus we should always bet on tails.

PS: Isn’t the discussion whether ectos are considered “rare” still ongoing? I always use the pink-ish salvage kits on rare items while my ecto supplier uses basic…guess which one of us gets more ectos…

Actually there are ways to implement real random numbers in a computer system. They require a special piece of hardware though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_generator

Ectos Nerf

in Crafting

majorkong.9073

Actually there are ways to implement real random numbers in a computer system. They require a special piece of hardware though:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noise_generator

The hardware now ships with every current generation Intel processor. It uses thermal noise to generate random bits. There’s a RDRAND instruction now in the Intel instruction set that pulls random bits.