Empyreal Fragments

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Empyreal Fragments

JP/Mini Dungeons so far have yielded 2-4

How many do normal dungeons give because this is going to take forever to get 500 for a single weapon…

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

20 for a dungeon run, 4-10’ish for taking Towers in WvW

Worse is Dragonite Ore. 5 For castles and only 10 for the Stonemist castle WTF?!

Also you get 20 for dragons and 30 for temples. but apparently you can only loot that chest once per day.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

azurrei.5691

20 for a dungeon run, 4-10’ish for taking Towers in WvW

Worse is Dragonite Ore. 5 For castles and only 10 for the Stonemist castle WTF?!

Also you get 20 for dragons and 30 for temples. but apparently you can only loot that chest once per day.

Yeah, the dragonite/bloodstone are easy(ish) to get, but the fragments…ugh.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

Im with you bro….All i need is 300 more ores and 460 more frags to make an ascended GS.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

The drop is terrible. At least you can get 30 easy Dragonite from temples and World Bosses.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I got 25 dragonite from Jormag just a few minutes ago.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

I dunno, 20 per dungeon run doesn’t seem bad to me. If you really wanted to grind out an ascended weapon, it wouldn’t be hard to do 25 dungeon runs in a few days, and for everyone else the 2 week estimate is eminently reasonable. And for people who’d rather zerg, the way you can with meta events for dragonite, there’s wvw camps and towers.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

Just Towers do not give Dragonite, they give Azure. In WvW only Keeps (5 Shards per boss) and Stonemist (10 Dragonite) give you that stuff. And its a pitiful low amount for Keeps and Stonemist. The Temples give you 30. I can not understand why Stonemist wouldnt give 20 at least as well.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

azurrei.5691

I dunno, 20 per dungeon run doesn’t seem bad to me. If you really wanted to grind out an ascended weapon, it wouldn’t be hard to do 25 dungeon runs in a few days, and for everyone else the 2 week estimate is eminently reasonable. And for people who’d rather zerg, the way you can with meta events for dragonite, there’s wvw camps and towers.

We shouldn’t have to do dungeons to make it acceptably efficient – 2-3 jumping puzzles that take 30-45 min to complete should be equivalent to a dungeon path. Honestly, it’s all low – doing a dragon event that take 10-15 min (or less) gives you 15-30ish fragments, but the same time in a JP gives you 2-6? This is coming off as complaining, I know, but when 2 of the 3 items are reasonable to obtain and then the 3rd takes 5-10x as long…it’s prob because JP’s / dungeons are my least favorite thing to do (of course…) I guess I might give WvW towers a shot.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

You get 20 emypreal things from dungeons. And I’m pretty sure you can get it for repeating paths too.

Imo it’ll be far more time consuming to get dragonite.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

We shouldn’t have to do dungeons to make it acceptably efficient – 2-3 jumping puzzles that take 30-45 min to complete should be equivalent to a dungeon path. Honestly, it’s all low – doing a dragon event that take 10-15 min (or less) gives you 15-30ish fragments, but the same time in a JP gives you 2-6? This is coming off as complaining, I know, but when 2 of the 3 items are reasonable to obtain and then the 3rd takes 5-10x as long…it’s prob because JP’s / dungeons are my least favorite thing to do (of course…) I guess I might give WvW towers a shot.

JP’s don’t take as long as jormag…

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Stratigo.1976

Stratigo.1976

yeah, if you had no life or job and dedicated yourself to playing solely this game for that period of time….

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Grimstar.6931

Grimstar.6931

Can anyone confirm whether or not you can do the same dungeon over and over for 20 empyreal fragments?

Sanctum of Rall | Level 80 Human Thief, Necromancer, Warrior, & Ranger

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Can anyone confirm whether or not you can do the same dungeon over and over for 20 empyreal fragments?

I’m pretty sure you can but I’m also pretty sure they’ll be subject to the same DR that all the other final dungeon rewards are as well.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

you can t …
Its a DAILY chest tied to the account and the path.

That means

AC path 1-2-3 = 60 fragments

AC 1-1-1 = 20-0-0

Was also written in the patch preview.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: ggunit.7304

ggunit.7304

Farming, farming , farming.
What about only enjoyment in playing dungeon etc.
All is about gold, comps & farm, and nobody will go ever in this kind of place only for entertainment.

Worse & worse…

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

JP’s don’t take as long as jormag…

Some take longer than Golem – and i just got 28 dragonite from golem chest.
Empyreal drop rates should be at least 2-3x bigger than they are now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

yeah, if you had no life or job and dedicated yourself to playing solely this game for that period of time….

Right. My bad, I should have been more specific: if you’re trying to grind out a weapon as quickly as possible. I don’t want to do that, and I think most people don’t, but a few people will. What I meant was: it doesn’t seem like it’s going to require that much more of people who are working towards ascended weapons, whether they’re rushing to them or just trying to get them done in a month or whatever.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

(edited by One Note Chord.5031)

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Kaphei.7096

Kaphei.7096

Doing a Guild Mission per day also gives 20 Dragonites.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Laeir.5197

Laeir.5197

I expect the JP reward is lowish since we can park alts at the top of various puzzles and just collect the chests once per day.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

The jumping puzzle rewards are still pretty piddly. You get more bloodstone dust for doing one loop around Queensdale for champ boxes, and you can’t say those events are difficult.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

I found that the best way to get Empyreal is to do high level fractals. I did lvl 38 twice already and got 32-33 each time. I assume that if you go even higher, the amount will increase.

As for dragonite ore, I got 30 pcs from Dwayna, Lyssa and Grenth. I saw people doing Blathazar that got 43 pcs. Dragons give you between 18-25. Golem gave me 18. Lower map bosses such as fire elemental and maw gave me 4.

So far the hardest, well the most expensive thing to obtain, is the dark matter. After salvaging exotics with black lion kit, I’d say the chance is the same as with ectos.

Bloodstone dust… I have a bank tab full with it.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Ash.5274

Ash.5274

For folks not into running fractals, you could try doing a tour of the chests dotted around the PVE zones – I hit maybe 70% of the ones listed on the wiki, and came away with 114 fragments. It is small numbers though – between 1-4 fragments, so together with jumping puzzles it will still take a few days to gather 500.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

You can spam dungeon paths, and they will give 20 for the first 3 times you do it. I did about 2 COF P1s, 2 COF P2s, 3 HOTW P1s and an SE P1 and came away with 162 empyrean.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Zzzzzz, dungeons….

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I’m guessing jumping puzzles don’t have more because it’s possible to park a character at the end and collect the chest from three different servers everyday. I do agree that Stonemist should be worth a lot more, especially because it will be heavily defended by players.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

For folks not into running fractals, you could try doing a tour of the chests dotted around the PVE zones – I hit maybe 70% of the ones listed on the wiki, and came away with 114 fragments. It is small numbers though – between 1-4 fragments, so together with jumping puzzles it will still take a few days to gather 500.

Very nice tip.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Grimstar.6931

Do you have a link to the specific wiki you are referring to for these PVE chests?

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Stratigo.1976

I found that the best way to get Empyreal is to do high level fractals. I did lvl 38 twice already and got 32-33 each time. I assume that if you go even higher, the amount will increase.

As for dragonite ore, I got 30 pcs from Dwayna, Lyssa and Grenth. I saw people doing Blathazar that got 43 pcs. Dragons give you between 18-25. Golem gave me 18. Lower map bosses such as fire elemental and maw gave me 4.

So far the hardest, well the most expensive thing to obtain, is the dark matter. After salvaging exotics with black lion kit, I’d say the chance is the same as with ectos.

Bloodstone dust… I have a bank tab full with it.

Orr is Really bloody tedious.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Do you have a link to the specific wiki you are referring to for these PVE chests?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_basic_chests

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

They expect people to take around 2 weeks per weapon. So that is around 35 fragments/dragonite/bloodstone dust per day. So that is around 2 temples and 2 dungeon runs per day. If you are killing the champs rather than skipping everything in dungeons then you should be getting enough of the dust as well.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Stratigo.1976

They expect people to take around 2 weeks per weapon. So that is around 35 fragments/dragonite/bloodstone dust per day. So that is around 2 temples and 2 dungeon runs per day. If you are killing the champs rather than skipping everything in dungeons then you should be getting enough of the dust as well.

so… three to four hours of gameplay every day? Of stuff not everyone wants to do?

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I got 20 for running a dungeon a second time in the same day, but it might have been a glitch.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

so… three to four hours of gameplay every day? Of stuff not everyone wants to do?

So what do you actually want to do? Things I’ve listed aren’t the only option. They are what I believe to be most efficient. I would also expect that to take around 1.5 hours. 30 minutes per dungeon run, around 15 minutes per temple.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Grimstar.6931

Tyvm

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

2 temples and 2 dungeon = 4 hours for you?

2 dungeon runs is what? 30 minutes total? and the same for the temples at the most

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

for those who keep calling it a grind – yes, i do see that it is a grind.. but what do you normally do when you play the game? you get to choose from dungeons, fractals, world bosses, temples, JPs, wvw.. and through regular gameplay, you’ll get all the mats. the issue seemingly is that you allw ant to have your shinies and goodies this instant.

i’ll be honest, i want them ASAP as well. but i’m not gonna rush myself. you’re playing the game as you would (unless if you play the game for other reasons…) and you get the ascended mats as a bonus. no?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

2 dungeon runs is what? 30 minutes total? and the same for the temples at the most

With temples, i agree (though you have to wait for the event to start), but you are aware that for 90% of this game’s players a dungeon run (and i mean an easy one, like TA up) can take close to an hour? CoF p1 speed farmers are a tiny, tiny minority here.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

With temples, i agree (though you have to wait for the event to start), but you are aware that for 90% of this game’s players a dungeon run (and i mean an easy one, like TA up) can take close to an hour? CoF p1 speed farmers are a tiny, tiny minority here.

Uh… I’ll take “making stuff up for 2000!” CoF P1 is the most run path in the game. Anyone who’s ever used gw2lfg.com will tell you that CoF P1 is always fast to fill up relative to any other dungeon run. Fast CoF P1 take about 6 minutes. Average ones take 15 minutes. Fast AC runs take about 10 minutes, average ones take 20. HOTW P1 can be done very quickly too, to the tune of 15-20 minutes. The only dungeon that routinely takes longer than 30 minutes is Arah. Groups that know what they are doing can complete dungeons with relative ease and quickness. The benchmark for how long it takes to acquire high end items should be based on skilled and effective play, not people kitten ing around.

(edited by Subdue.5479)

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

The jumping puzzle rewards are still pretty piddly. You get more bloodstone dust for doing one loop around Queensdale for champ boxes, and you can’t say those events are difficult.

yeah…
Also for some reason, half of the HARDER jump puzz’s I’m doing, their chests aren’t giving anything at all. I don’t know if that’s intentional but it’s pretty lame.

The one behind Hope Falls (malchors) … Griffon Run after getting to it with the Bomb … Goem’s Lab, Dierdre’s Steps … etc. All examples. It seems like “Exploring” puzzles give more. (where you fight stuff more than Jump)

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Buffalo Sabres.1072

Buffalo Sabres.1072

I crafted 8 hours ago

Got lots of frags from AC , CM , COF1 , HOTW1 + other random quick paths and from wvw, wasn’t so bad.

Attachments:

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

LordByron.8369

I crafted 8 hours ago

Got lots of frags from AC , CM , COF1 , HOTW1 + other random quick paths and from wvw, wasn’t so bad.

escuse me but wasn t it timegated so you could craft only few stuff per day °-°

Sry but i m still trying to understand how ascended craft works…..

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Nothing in the Ascendeds is truly time gated. One component in the ingots and planks is, but the ingots and planks are tradeable, so…

One – Piken Square

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I’m putting off finishing my scepter until lfg tool comes out. I have yet to have gotten any dragonite(attempted once but balthazar failed) but have done some JP and WvW for empyreal mostly because that stuff is soloable/passive. I was done with bloodstones with just a few champion bags saved from doing my monthly over the holiday weekend.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Alarid.2704

Alarid.2704

yeah…
Also for some reason, half of the HARDER jump puzz’s I’m doing, their chests aren’t giving anything at all. I don’t know if that’s intentional but it’s pretty lame.

The one behind Hope Falls (malchors) … Griffon Run after getting to it with the Bomb … Goem’s Lab, Dierdre’s Steps … etc. All examples. It seems like “Exploring” puzzles give more. (where you fight stuff more than Jump)

It’s because the ascended material only drops for level 80 characters.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

I’m putting off finishing my scepter until lfg tool comes out. I have yet to have gotten any dragonite(attempted once but balthazar failed) but have done some JP and WvW for empyreal mostly because that stuff is soloable/passive. I was done with bloodstones with just a few champion bags saved from doing my monthly over the holiday weekend.

Doesn’t have to be a temple for dragonite. Pretty much everything on gw2stuff.com except megadestroyer and possibly karka queen gives dragonite. Golem Mark II is probably the best choice if you want it quick. Fast respawn time and easy to solo.

yeah…

At least in the case of Hidden Garden(the one in Deidre Steps), that doesn’t matter. Even a lv80 won’t get any fragments.

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

LordByron.8369

if i remember well karka queen gives 30 sweet dragonite ores

also temples!! temples are the best!

remember you can change character if you already did one event to get dragonite.
You will still get map chest (no rare chest btw)

GW2 balance:

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

yeah…

That doesn’t matter in this case. There are jumping puzzles that don’t give anything.

The pirate jumping puzzle actually gives the most from what I’ve seen so far, but that one is pretty simple and tends to have people offering ports every now and then too. Meanwhile, the climb through all the eagles out in Orr, guarded by a bunch of spiritual weapons, and that chest only gives that standard to 3-4.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Empyreal Fragments

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

if i remember well karka queen gives 30 sweet dragonite ores

also temples!! temples are the best!

remember you can change character if you already did one event to get dragonite.
You will still get map chest (no rare chest btw)

The thread title is “Empyreal Fragments” and you give ppl advice how to get Dragonite Ore.

GG, I guess?

If you don’t do dungeons, getting the Fragments is by far the most time consuming part. Albeit at the same time, (IMO) the most entertaining.

One – Piken Square