Extra Bloodstone

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Is there anything you can do with all the bloodstone the game throws at you?

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

I wish… I cracked open 2½ stacks of champ boxes yesterday and had 6,700 piles of bloodstone dust left over. That’s enough stacks for almost 1½ 20-slot boxes.

I’m just hoping there’s something more to ANet’s grand plans for ascended materials than hoarding bank space or making us use a heap of obby shards and buying a boatload of thermocatalytic reagents (TCR’s) for us to make bricks out of.

I do know a heap of people who just threw their dust out because they had nowhere to put it, and no use for it at all.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

imagine if we can use those to make 20 slot boxes :o

Oceanic [LOD]

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

imagine if we can use those to make 20 slot boxes :o

Then we would have enough boxes to store all our dust!

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I wish… I cracked open 2½ stacks of champ boxes yesterday and had 6,700 piles of bloodstone dust left over. That’s enough stacks for almost 1½ 20-slot boxes.

I’m just hoping there’s something more to ANet’s grand plans for ascended materials than hoarding bank space or making us use a heap of obby shards and buying a boatload of thermocatalytic reagents (TCR’s) for us to make bricks out of.

I do know a heap of people who just threw their dust out because they had nowhere to put it, and no use for it at all.

Why would they change their game according to guys who farm champs and invasions 24/7.

Toss it if you don’t need it. It’s just that simple.

One – Piken Square

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Why would they change their game according to guys who farm champs and invasions 24/7.

I’m sorry? Adjusting the way the game is played for a vast majority of farming players with loot to match, only to have redundant (new ascended) materials left over? Where’s the logic in that? They obviously want you to do stuff with the dust like buy their reagents and invest karma into shards for the refined bricks. Even if there’s only one purpose for the dust right now doesn’t mean there won’t be another down the track, and throwing it all out is just wasteful. Sure right now there’s an excess of it, but imagine recipes where you’ll need 250 bloodstone bricks. Farmer or not, nothing goes to waste when that is needed.

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

I’m sorry? Adjusting the way the game is played for a vast majority of farming players with loot to match, only to have redundant (new ascended) materials left over? Where’s the logic in that? They obviously want you to do stuff with the dust like buy their reagents and invest karma into shards for the refined bricks. Even if there’s only one purpose for the dust right now doesn’t mean there won’t be another down the track, and throwing it all out is just wasteful. Sure right now there’s an excess of it, but imagine recipes where you’ll need 250 bloodstone bricks. Farmer or not, nothing goes to waste when that is needed.

I had no problem when I crafted my ascended weapon. I ended up with 1 extra bloodstone brick and one extra empyreal star.

Then again, I don’t run in a champ train drooling over my keyboard and got tired of the invasion events after 3-4 of them.

One – Piken Square

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Well perhaps they only need to be put in some champ bags, and not all exotic-classed ones (ie. the ones that are farmed), like every 3rd or 4th one opened or something. Anyway there’s an excess, no one can deny, but in my case I don’t believe in just wasting stuff.

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

Well perhaps they only need to be put in some champ bags, and not all exotic-classed ones (ie. the ones that are farmed), like every 3rd or 4th one opened or something. Anyway there’s an excess, no one can deny, but in my case I don’t believe in just wasting stuff.

I can deny that there is an excess, therefore your argument is false.

Your “solution” would hurt those who don’t want to farm champs.

One – Piken Square

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Just refine them all into 100 bricks, then toss all the piles that you get from then on.

That way, in the event that they are required for future recipes and/or nerfed from boxes, you still have enough in storage.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Just refine them all into 100 bricks, then toss all the piles that you get from then on.

That way, in the event that they are required for future recipes and/or nerfed from boxes, you still have enough in storage.

yeah. Just give me crapton of obsidian shards to play with. I used my whole stack I got from opening Orrian boxes (when I was making my legendary I tried everything to get Charged lodes). Balthazar temple ir rarely open or it bugs out also.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

yeah. Just give me crapton of obsidian shards to play with. I used my whole stack I got from opening Orrian boxes (when I was making my legendary I tried everything to get Charged lodes). Balthazar temple ir rarely open or it bugs out also.

This is why I told everyone to not waste karma on Orrian boxes. But people kept doing it ‘for science’ and for easy gold. But when you consider the exchange rate of gold/karma, it was a terrible tradeoff.

Now with karma being nerfed and obsidian shard uses being boosted, those who wasted their karma are left behind just as much as newer players.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Lack of obsidian shards wont set anyone back by months, and getting the ascended item a bit later isnt really hurting a newer player. There are various other bottlenecks on it anyway.

I do agree with Tom that the bloodstone dust overflow is happening to the farm train only – it isnt a general problem. People spending their day doing mostly small scale wvw and pve mini dungeons are going to have star surplus instead, etc.

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I haven’t touched a champ farm in 3 weeks and yet I have 20 stacks of this stuff…

I get 1-2 stacks a night just from doing world events and dungeons… It seems to be WAYYY over tuned. They should really bring it in line with the other mats.

Extra Bloodstone

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Lack of obsidian shards wont set anyone back by months, and getting the ascended item a bit later isnt really hurting a newer player. There are various other bottlenecks on it anyway.

I do agree with Tom that the bloodstone dust overflow is happening to the farm train only – it isnt a general problem. People spending their day doing mostly small scale wvw and pve mini dungeons are going to have star surplus instead, etc.

Not really … I am doing JP/basic chests. I have 6 stars plus some fragments so far. Making a pair of axes so that is far from a surplus! It would have been nice if they swapped the numbers between Bloodstone Dust and Empyreal Fragments. You can get the dust as a side effect of going for the other two. Temples and world bosses have legendaries/champions which will drop the champion boxes. Same with dungeons.

On the other hand it seems like the devs were expecting people to go for one of the three per day not all three each day. I have not considered how that would impact the numbers. That is only really interesting if you are interested in knowing why the numbers are set up that way.