Final Rest, how do you get it?

in Crafting

Posted by: RumStein.6859

RumStein.6859

I am a new possible theory! (I know i get new ones all the time, but i actually have “proof” for this one)

1. This thread is in the crafting forums, it has been for a long time. The moderators would have closed it or moved it, if it didnt belong here, wich means it CAN be crafted.

2. What the moderators have said might actually be a hint to the recipe. With all the “Specific rare boss” Might hint to a specific rare boss ITEM, or something which is a part of the recipe. Is there a yellow/rare crafting material wich drops from bosses?

May be some hidden message in what the mods have been saying

Um, what? Have you even read the dev post?
You CANNOT make it.

This is only able to stay in crafting, because there is no other forum really suitable for it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Been doing extra research, combing through http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Category:ArenaNet_concept_art but much like the soldiers in a desert scene of Space Balls….
well, there is this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Gargoyle_concept_art.jpg is one of these on the staff or not? /shrug

in Crafting

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

Um, what? Have you even read the dev post?
You CANNOT make it.

This is only able to stay in crafting, because there is no other forum really suitable for it.

Gw2 Discussion would technically be better as a location for this thread, technically, if it is the case you cannot craft it, technically.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Well… I found something interessting while reading through the lore.

“1185 AE Gargoyles mysteriously vanish from Ascalon.”

So, the gargoyles dissapeared from ascalon. Does this mean the “Gargoyle” place is ascalon. Then i think we all should explore ascalon a bit more. Might be something in that place. And as zapan linked, the concept art of a HUGE gargoyle. Why make a awesome concept art of a gargoyle, if they arent in the game?

in Crafting

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I’ve always thought (other than the catacombs place people have linked above) that the event: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Ascalonian_ghost_leader_in_Abbey_Ruins
could possibly be the one.

in Crafting

xCrusadentx.2784

Well… I found something interessting while reading through the lore.

“1185 AE Gargoyles mysteriously vanish from Ascalon.”

So, the gargoyles dissapeared from ascalon. Does this mean the “Gargoyle” place is ascalon. Then i think we all should explore ascalon a bit more. Might be something in that place. And as zapan linked, the concept art of a HUGE gargoyle. Why make a awesome concept art of a gargoyle, if they arent in the game?

It may not be Ascalon per say. Gargoyles dissapear from Ascalon… But where did they go? North? South? See what I mean? You won’t find them in Tyria obviously, but its possible that wherever they dissapeared to might be the answer. If dissapear means they go extinct, then there must be a specific portion of Ascalon area that would lead to this staff.

Royal Blood Oath:

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

Well true, but in iron marches, there is this guy called “Killn” wich died a long time ago. At his grave, alot people have gathered and they are searching for “A rare artifact wich he has left” wich supposedly is around in that area.

Killn’s ghost has been spotted in the hills around the area searching for his armour, wich he found, but he did not find his weapon. Wich may be what he left for his kids, wich is what they are searching for,

This may not be the final rest, but there is a possibility. I will search around ascalon for hints, talk to NPC’s etc. for gargoyle info.

in Crafting

Posted by: Apteryx.6274

Apteryx.6274

A few of us just explored AC path 1 quite thoroughly after beating it. We did notice a few Gargoyles scattered about on walls here and there, and we did find a torch that was activatable for a hidden event.. but other than that babkiss.

in Crafting

Zapan.7460

How many other named weapons are in game that have not been won/found yet??
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_weapon_sets#Named_weapons
http://www.gw2db.com/items/weapons?filter-item-minimum-level=80&filter-item-rarity=6&page=7 (page with Final Rest, but so many other exotics, needs another filter on that there site)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10weip/list_of_named_exotic_weapons/ (some marked as Recipe created)

I’m leaning towards agreeing with it being in Catacombs with Warmaster Laddron’s event. http://guildwars2.mmmos.com/?page=view&id=4037

PS: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gargoyle_Scythe
http://www.gw2db.com/items/54402-gargoyle-scythe
just the PvP version, right? confirming Gargoyle, if it is the PvP version of Final Rest. y no image in wiki or DB? edit: yes, it’s the PvP version. checked sPvP locker. took out Imp stuff from post.

(edited by Zapan.7460)

in Crafting

Posted by: Promas.8627

Promas.8627

Is there any other weapon that can drop from only 1 specific chest?

Dont all chests that have the same name have the same loottables? (this would mean the glorious chest from Zho’qafa Catacombs is not unique)

in Crafting

xCrusadentx.2784

Is there any other weapon that can drop from only 1 specific chest?

Dont all chests that have the same name have the same loottables? (this would mean the glorious chest from Zho’qafa Catacombs is not unique)

This is true. Notice how the devs say it could be dropped from “A” rare boss. Not “the” rare boss. Using “a” could refer to any boss, and the chance is just so low it’s unbelievable (or bugged)

Royal Blood Oath:

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I’m leaning towards bugged…just think about how many other bugs they are unable to reproduce, thus not aware of/able to fix. I very much doubt they have ever got one to drop on a regular server even knowing full well exactly where it drops. Chances are they use the test server and it’s not bugged there…….“Not in my backyard so doesn’t matter to me!”

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Promas.8627

This is true. Notice how the devs say it could be dropped from “A” rare boss. Not “the” rare boss. Using “a” could refer to any boss, and the chance is just so low it’s unbelievable (or bugged)

Yes, but:

It’s exactly as Linsey stated previously—it’s a loot drop from a specific (rare) boss.

“a specific rare boss” doesnt make it sound like there is more than one place it drops.

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

Guys, there is a bow called: “Final curse” Does someone know where that bow drops? Because then it is most likely final rest is in the same place.

Someone has final curse, because it is listed in TP for 2 gold and 69 silver. If you preview it, it has the same style as final rest. Some grey-ish colours etc. Aswell as the name is “Final curse” wich is similar to “Final rest”

Couldnt find any information about final curse on the internet ;s

in Crafting

Promas.8627

Final Curse can be obtained from the mystic forge (random) as far as i know.

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

Hmm… BUT, that doesnt mean it cant be obtained from a boss. If so, that boss i probably the same that drops final rest

in Crafting

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

I’ve been doing some research and it has only made me more puzzled. I uncovered some interesting things that made me question if we all got this wrong.

1. I looked up “gargoyle” in Wikipedia, and it is not what comes to mind (that beastly winged creature).

[…] a gargoyle is a carved stone grotesque […] with a spout designed to convey water from a roof and away from the side of a building […]

And under the etymology section, “gargoyle” originates from the French term gargouille, meaning “gullet” or “throat”. Could this mean we’re supposed to be looking at places/architecture to do with the conveyance of water?

This reminded me of the Mad Memories 2 Scavenger Hunt hint “These old bones are caught in the gullet, where laughing rises from sorrow (site #7)”. This is a location in Bloodtide Coast, the Laughing Gull Island (“gull” here could refer to the sea creature “sea gull”, or noun, “a person who is fooled or deceived” from the Dictionary). Here, I found one event that spawns a Glorious Chest – The Campaign Against Taidha Covington. Under “Notes”, it says “This is one of the few meta events that has a random chance to trigger.” Does this equate to “a specific (rare) boss”?

2. However, going by its architectural significance (first paragraph of Wikipedia: gargoyle), I dont know what buildings or structures in the PvE world coincides with this. Although the jumping puzzle in WvW EB is called “Obsidian Sanctum”. (Architectural) gargoyles are made of stone; obsidian is a naturally occurring volcanic glass formed as an extrusive igneous rock. “Sanctum” is a private place from which most people are excluded or a sacred place, like a shrine within a temple or church, and we know from the GW2 timeline that gargoyles mysteriously vanished in 1185 AE. Could this JP be where they immortalized themselves in their stone form? Plus there are what seem like gargoyle heads that spout (ironically) fire there. However, to my knowledge there is no event there, besides the final chest, that spawns any sort of boss/chest, correct me if I’m wrong.

3. Between “gargoyle scythe” and “final rest”, which name was given first? If it was called “Final Rest” first, then named “gargoyle scythe” after because it was designed as a gargoyle, then it makes sense we should be looking for some boss’ resting place, hence, we have Destroy the Eye of Zhaitan, where it makes perfect sense that he opens with “How dare you disturb my resting place?” However, if it was named “gargoyle scythe” first, then “Final Rest” (for whatever significance), the gargoyle from the Halloween event looks exactly like the one on the staff, except all Halloween events are over. Do you think the order in which they were named matters? Complicating that further, I decided to check for myself using Bramblethorne. It is a Sylvari looking weapon, but a) no mention of TA, b) Level 80 item that can drop from AC.

So does the name “Final Rest” actually have any relation to where it drops? Or is it just a rare boss with a large chest, chosen at random, that drops this staff? Also, using Bramblethorne as an example, we cannot exclude low-level dungeons.

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

(edited by Nickczh.6341)

in Crafting

Nickczh.6341

4. There are fleshreavers in-game, although there’s no mention of any chests at the end of the events. Can anyone confirm this? (I mention this because fleshreavers look somewhat like gargoyles. However, I dont think this event is a probable drop for the staff.)

5. I got a hit for my search “final rest” in Guild Wars, appropriately, an article about The Underworld.

[…]Here the spirits are judged by Grenth for their actions in life and sent to their final resting place. Recently, this realm has become invaded by demons allying themselves with Dhuum, terrorizing the souls of the dead and sending them to locations they do not belong.

This led me to the meta-event Secrets in the Swamp, culminating in the slaying of the Shadow Behemoth. Portals from the Underworld popping up in places they do not belong (Heartwoods, Eldvin monastery, Taminn Foothills), sounds like what the Guild Wars article mentioned and the objective of the event, in this context, could mean putting these underworld creatures back to rest, hence “Final Rest”. Moreover, a Shadow Behemoth Chest spawns at the end of the event, that is the same size as the Glorious Chest. Additionally, “this event chain is on roughly a 2.5 hour timer” and “[bugs] on most servers”. Does this equate to being rare? Someone mentioned that this event is not done by many Level 80s because they’re all in Orr. Meaning, despite being farmed frequently, most participating are not 80, so dont even qualify to loot the Final Rest. Thereafter, still having to overcome the RNG hurdle. Suspiciously, there is also a renowned heart, Help Historian Garrod investigate Godslost Swamp, in the same location where you “[put] tortured spirits to rest”.

However, we have to take this Guild Wars Wiki article with a grain of salt because it’s user-edited. The words “final resting place” could very well have been something else, hence not having any significance to “Final Rest” at all.

I know this is a long post, but I hope I managed to communicate my research results effectively to you guys in the hopes of cracking the mystery surrounding this more than legendary staff. Let me know what you think, or more specifically, I’m looking to eliminate possibilities.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth”.

Sherlock Holmes

SoR

(edited by Nickczh.6341)

in Crafting

Zapan.7460

3 PMs gold selling spam last 2 days… i had dreaded being on the forum might have this result. (reported; deleted PMs)

Rare boss…. hmmm…. Ancient Karka!!?? ;P
Shadow Bohemoth… I’d tried to be patient enough to try him in recent days, but it never poped while I was there. Interesting idea… considering how it’s bugged and the game data for Anet should reveal it being Very rare indeed from the bugs… hmmmm.
I searched for Skull Gate in Divinity’s Reach a few days ago, seeking the Tomb http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tomb_of_Blimm , but didn’t find it. Made a thread in GenDiscussion, reply was it’s not in game yet from another user who had looked for it also.

in Crafting

Posted by: AeriaElara.4297

AeriaElara.4297

I’ll add my own idea. Has anyone explored the “Defeat the Trio of Risen Sea Monsters” event in Malchor’s Leap? The event itself just to the west of Snaketail Inlet, in a circle around the skill point. This event is close to the poi Malchor’s Anguish. This poi is weird because the name changes between that and Dhuum’s Last Stand.

Edit: Well, I just did the event, and while all 3 monsters are large, the chest is only an “Orrian Chest”.

(edited by AeriaElara.4297)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

I’ll add my own idea. Has anyone explored the “Defeat the Trio of Risen Sea Monsters” event in Malchor’s Leap? The event itself just to the west of Snaketail Inlet, in a circle around the skill point. This event is close to the poi Malchor’s Anguish. This poi is weird because the name changes between that and Dhuum’s Last Stand.

ooo Dhumm, thats interesting that the poi name changes though never heard of that before o.O

Edit: What are the monsters?

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

(edited by Zogyark.4597)

in Crafting

Zapan.7460

I’ll add my own idea. Has anyone explored the “Defeat the Trio of Risen Sea Monsters” event in Malchor’s Leap? The event itself just to the west of Snaketail Inlet, in a circle around the skill point.

I’d not ever had enough to take on the 3 beasts, but I have done the lil jumping puzzle near them. When I saw the 3 beasts… I was scared. Under water and LARGE bosses! oh my!

This event is close to the poi Malchor’s Anguish. This poi is weird because the name changes between that and Dhuum’s Last Stand.

that POI can at times be related to the Altar of Tempests event. I’d bet when the Temptest event is active ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Drive_Malchor_to_the_Altar_of_Tempests ) the name changes from the usual Dhuum’s Last Stand.

I’d participated in that event a few times, begins at Temple, says to go get Malchor (POI), get him to the temple (beat on him, then he begins to swim/run towards temple; repeat a few times with mobs spawning), and fight boss ( http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cathedral_of_Zephyrs ).

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

ooo Dhumm, thats interesting that the poi name changes though never heard of that before o.O

Edit: What are the monsters?

Dhuum also uses a scythe as a weapon but his is green.
Oh apparently two of his titles are “The Final Judge” and “The Final Death”

in Crafting

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

Guys, there is a bow called: “Final curse” Does someone know where that bow drops? Because then it is most likely final rest is in the same place.

Someone has final curse, because it is listed in TP for 2 gold and 69 silver. If you preview it, it has the same style as final rest. Some grey-ish colours etc. Aswell as the name is “Final curse” wich is similar to “Final rest”

Couldnt find any information about final curse on the internet ;s

I obtained Final Curse for my Ranger during the Big Karka one time event from the final boss chest.

My 2nd is a Necro and this Staff looks pretty sweet, run the dragon events all the time and my Rare item % is VERY low.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tezcatlipoca.4965

Tezcatlipoca.4965

I feel like everyone is looking for this staff since forever, therefore it is likely that the event is never being triggered…

In Aurora’s Remains (Brisban Wildlands) there is a Group-Event to fight the Demagogue, I have never seen anyone actually doing this. For all you lore fans, try to find a connection with gargoyle’s

The only problem is that it is only a splendid chest as a reward, and i don’t know if this is considered a “large” chest.

The whole event is solo-able as a lvl 80, so if you have some time and you want to exclude this event…. go farm it.

Please Pm me your results.

Officer of [EM], Sylvari Necromancer
Jade Quarry

in Crafting

Zogyark.4597

Demagogue is some guy from the white mantle lore from GW1, nothing seems to connect with gargoyles or a final resting place (unless it’s the demagogue himself), won’t hurt for someone to check it out though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tezcatlipoca.4965

Tezcatlipoca.4965

Oh I should say, that the person where the quest starts is a ghost from gw1, and the demagogue is also a ghost which have a conflict since gw1 times… Final Rest, could be linked to laying the conflict to “rest” by killing him. But this is obviously far fetched.

I’ll start farming this, since the reset is really short too…

Officer of [EM], Sylvari Necromancer
Jade Quarry

in Crafting

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

I don’t play a necro, and I don’t want to, but I would like to find this weapon. I am going to try for the shadow behemoth. He seems to be the rarest boss in the game. I have spent as much as 8 hours at a time trying to get him to spawn. He hasn’t spawned on some servers for days at a time. When he does spawn, there is a chance you can’t target him. I think that qualifies him for a rare boss event, and he has a large chest. If I do find the weapon, it will be on the TP, 1000 gold.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

I don’t play a necro, and I don’t want to, but I would like to find this weapon. I am going to try for the shadow behemoth. He seems to be the rarest boss in the game. I have spent as much as 8 hours at a time trying to get him to spawn. He hasn’t spawned on some servers for days at a time. When he does spawn, there is a chance you can’t target him. I think that qualifies him for a rare boss event, and he has a large chest. If I do find the weapon, it will be on the TP, 1000 gold.

You do know that will be mayve 100 gold in just listing it? Isnt it 10% of the price? So using 100 gold on listing it, and not even knowing if someone is gonna buy it, is not smart

in Crafting

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

1000 gold has a 50 gold listing fee, and someone will buy it.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The Shadow Behemoth is rare due to bugs not by design.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

1000g? Someone will buy it that hour.
2000g? Day or two tops unless another one is posted before then.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: AeriaElara.4297

AeriaElara.4297

The poi I mentioned is bugged. I went back to get a screenshot of “Dhuum’s Last Stand” and instead, the poi was switching to Village of Wren, so…

I like the idea of it being dopped (via chest or looting since it’s unclear now) from a random boss in a dungeon. If it happened this way, I’d suspect it to be somewhere in the Ascalonian Catacombs.

In Guild Wars 1, we’re told that the gargoyles are often found in The Catacombs; also in the catacombs is a room holding a shrine to Grenth behind necromancer Munne. This room is also filled with, you guessed it, gargoyles.

So we have gargoyles, and necromancy all in one place in GW2: The Catacombs.

edit: not to mention that the catacombs are the final resting place of countless Ascalonians.

(edited by AeriaElara.4297)

in Crafting

Zogyark.4597

The poi I mentioned is bugged. I went back to get a screenshot of “Dhuum’s Last Stand” and instead, the poi was switching to Village of Wren, so…

I like the idea of it being dopped (via chest or looting since it’s unclear now) from a random boss in a dungeon. If it happened this way, I’d suspect it to be somewhere in the Ascalonian Catacombs.

In Guild Wars 1, we’re told that the gargoyles are often found in The Catacombs; also in the catacombs is a room holding a shrine to Grenth behind necromancer Munne. This room is also filled with, you guessed it, gargoyles.

So we have gargoyles, and necromancy all in one place in GW2: The Catacombs.

edit: not to mention that the catacombs are the final resting place of countless Ascalonians.

I thought this too, but after hours of carefully exploring all the paths there’s really nothing new that can be found, not to mention how many times the dungeon has been done being one of the most popular out there, even the troll has been killed enough times for it to have dropped by now.

in Crafting

Zapan.7460

GW1 Gargoyles… hmmm. Even more bizarre research that may or may not lead to discovery of the location that holds the Final Rest staff:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Singed_Gargoyle_Skull
“Lenerd Aberold Location: Diessa Lowlands (outside Grendich Courthouse)”
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Grendich_Ruins
-.- Grendich *Dramatic Chipmunk music 0o

(edited by Zapan.7460)

in Crafting

Posted by: kellian.9712

kellian.9712

Well after doing the Warmaster Laddron’s event last night all I can say is JEESH!

4 champions and a “world boss” at the end in a place that is all out of the way. No wonder nobody wants to do this one. We started with a duo who beat the 1st champ after a LONG kite battle. Finally got a few more to join us toward the end and beat the other champions and the eye with about 4-5 people.

Nothing of interest dropped from the chest (a few blue’s and one green), and the chest was a glorious chest. Tried going back later when it reset, and there was no one around interested in doing it.

Stands to reason it might be this quest that drops the staff as I can see how this has not been done all that often. However, there was nothing in the quest itself or the dialogue, at least to me, that suggested anything about a staff called “final rest” having a chance to drop here.

The only thing even remotely linked to the staff would be what the eye says about disturbing his resting place and the location of it being a catacomb. Other than that, there was nothing else between the 4 champs, or the rest of the quest that suggested anything of interest other than it being just another quest chain. But the sheer isolation of this quest, and how not alot of people have probably completed it, is a big mark in it’s favor…so I’m not sure what to think as to if this is or isn’t “the quest/world boss”

(edited by kellian.9712)

in Crafting

Posted by: MurderousHoBo.3164

MurderousHoBo.3164

While heading out to do the Warmaster chain I ran into waywarde waypoint and found a few interesting things. Aside from the very easy event there is a small chest at the base of a Balthazar statue. While grabbing the chest i hit one of my AoE’s on accident and i noticed the statue took damage. Without being able to target the statue and the fact that it would only take 22 damage regardless of what attacks I used against it took around an hour and eventually the statue stopped taking damage and I was able to glitch through it. While standing inside the statue I was able to hit a different target below the statue and below the floor also for only 22 damage. I know that a glitch is not going to be the way to obtain the staff and I don’t know enough lore to link Balthazar or his statues to the staff in any way. I’m curious of whats below this mount that I could be hitting and why there is a balthazar statue there anyway considering the temple of balthazar is so close. I apologize for posting this because I doubt this contributes to the staff hunt in any way. Just thought I’d share a staff hunting experience and thank those that have shared the information they have come across.

in Crafting

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I did Arah path 4 again today, hoping to explore a bit post-Simin, and before getting to the Bloodstone Shard, there is a Champion Risen Knight (before the area where you drop into the water and swim past the champion shark). I didn’t kill it with my group, and I didn’t have much time to explore after we killed the final boss due to the part leader exiting the instance, but there is a lot of space to explore in path 4, and I’d really like to try it with a group. The reason I mention the Risen Knight is because it’s obviously a gargoyle-like creature (and of boss status), and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s gone unkilled since release. There is so much to do in path 4, but I just need a group to explore it with in depth.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

in Crafting

Zogyark.4597

@ TheMaskedParadigm – Hey man, If you read a few posts back I got the opportunity to explore path 4 and posted my findings but I’ll post them again for you.

I just finished path 4, only thing after Simin is a couple of champions and the legendary giant, this event is pretty tough, we finished it but when the cannon charges it kills the giants, didn’t try to hit them cause I thought they’d be left alive so I guess if anyone can confirm if they actually can be killed without the cannon then the loot wud have to come from the giant because no chest spawned after the event. If not i’ll try it myself next time i do the path.
Another interesting thing I found is a POI named Zhaitan’s Rest, nothing special about but the name, BUT if you look closely at the zoomed out map there’s an arrow pointing to it? I’m just seeing things now…
Attachments:

The attachment can be found on the original post. Anyway I did kill the champion risen knight, you also fight one in the beginning. Though these look like gargoyle someone suggested undead harpies and it does make more sense since they have sort of the same animations and body shape.

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

@ TheMaskedParadigm – Hey man, If you read a few posts back I got the opportunity to explore path 4 and posted my findings but I’ll post them again for you.

I just finished path 4, only thing after Simin is a couple of champions and the legendary giant, this event is pretty tough, we finished it but when the cannon charges it kills the giants, didn’t try to hit them cause I thought they’d be left alive so I guess if anyone can confirm if they actually can be killed without the cannon then the loot wud have to come from the giant because no chest spawned after the event. If not i’ll try it myself next time i do the path.
Another interesting thing I found is a POI named Zhaitan’s Rest, nothing special about but the name, BUT if you look closely at the zoomed out map there’s an arrow pointing to it? I’m just seeing things now…
Attachments:

The attachment can be found on the original post. Anyway I did kill the champion risen knight, you also fight one in the beginning. Though these look like gargoyle someone suggested undead harpies and it does make more sense since they have sort of the same animations and body shape.

People have talked about Zhaitans rest in this thread a long time… You must be new to this thread

in Crafting

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

I have a question. Since all we know is that “it drops from a big chest”, do all big chests drop max level armor? Let’s take the The Shatterer, does his chest ever drop max level items for people under lv 80? I never got anything much higher than the area’s level, and since Final Rest is max level I wonder if it would drop from a chest below lv80. If those lower level chest don’t drop max level stuff on a regular basis, we can pretty much cancel all but 4 areas in the game.
Now everything seems to indicate that it drops from the chest at the end of the Zho’Qafa Catacombs event chain, since is a pain to finish and it pretty much can’t be done alone. But then I wonder. That chest is big but doesn’t seem as big as say the one from a dragon minion. Since it’s a rare drop that can’t be crafted, and seems to come from just this one specific “big chest”, I would expect it to be one of the biggest.
Have any of us explored Frostgorge Sound enough to know that the rare boss with the big chest is actually not there?

This is just extremely frustrating. Some of us really want this staff but barely have time to play. Saying that it drops from a big chest is like saying it drops from a boss; it doesn’t really say anything other that it’s in the game. If you say it comes from a specific boss or a specific dungeon, it lets people work for it without having it all be in vein. We’re all here now looking to do this “pain in the butt” chain presuming that’s where the staff drops, but for all we know that “big chest” is on another area across the map, on another place where someone or something died. Assuming the name of the staff is directly related to it’s location. It could also just be from a completely different event that we never finish because it’s bugged halfway, and we don’t know any better.

The good thing about gw1 was that we knew where the drops were. If you wanted Duhmm’s Scythe , you knew you had to kill him, and if you didn’t have time to farm him you knew other people were doing it and they could sell it so you could work on getting money to buy it instead. Same thing if you wanted an Obsidian Edge.

I don’t care if the drop rate is extremely low, as long as I know with certainty that if I’m going to spend the little time I have doing a quest that there is a chance I’ll get the what I want. And if I don’t I know someone will be farming as well and I might be able to buy it from them. I just don’t get the point of this secrecy. At this point it’s more feasible to get a legendary weapon than it is to get this staff. Doesn’t make sense to me.

in Crafting

Nickczh.6341

@Skinny T:
As far as I know (from experience), drops scale with your level, but there is a larger chance of getting drops of that zone level. In other words, if you’re farming the Shadow Behemoth, you will frequently get Level 15 drops, with some Level 80 trash. There is also the chance (RNG) that you get Level 80 exotics.

For a fact, I’ve gotten 80 exotic drops in AC and in the Zho Qafar (level 75) event. So far in that chain, I’ve gotten 2 exotics (1 named) from the chest, and another named exotic from a mob drop (a risen acolyte, not the boss).

That’s precisely the question I asked in my long kitten post above. Does the name of the staff have anything to do with where it drops? For all we know, it could just have been a rarely occurring boss (many prerequisites have to be fulfilled) chosen at random that drops the Final Rest.

SoR

in Crafting

Posted by: Xalugami.2096

Xalugami.2096

I’m pretty sure this & all the other named exotics can be found (at a super low rate) inside of the Glorious Chests from major world bosses and event chains. I also know for a fact it is a drop in Fractals.
There’s no possible way the devs would have went to such extremes to hide a drop for a non-greatsword weapon like some of the comments here suggest. Especially when they can’t even put the correct numbers in a crafting recipe, let alone loot drops.

in Crafting

xCrusadentx.2784

I’m pretty sure this & all the other named exotics can be found (at a super low rate) inside of the Glorious Chests from major world bosses and event chains. I also know for a fact it is a drop in Fractals.
There’s no possible way the devs would have went to such extremes to hide a drop for a non-greatsword weapon like some of the comments here suggest. Especially when they can’t even put the correct numbers in a crafting recipe, let alone loot drops.

Do you have proof it drops from Fractals? Like it has been said many times, the Devs said it only comes from a specific boss with a big chest at the end. That’s all, and if someone got it out of Fractals, we would know about it by now, wouldn’t we?

Royal Blood Oath:

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

Its not from fratcals… This weapon was in the game (Well… Lootables) before fractals came out. People were searching for it before the update

in Crafting

xCrusadentx.2784

Its not from fratcals… This weapon was in the game (Well… Lootables) before fractals came out. People were searching for it before the update

Sort of what I was trying to say, but yeah, pretty much. Wonder if its possible a bug is making whatever equation and whatnot skipover the staff in question. However, if its only one boss that drops it and is not frequently visited, that could also explain it.

Royal Blood Oath:

in Crafting

Posted by: Painking.4703

Painking.4703

I can confirm it is in fact from Fractals. I had found mine in the reward chest for completing the Urban Battlegrounds Fractals. There’s absolutely no reason Anet would make this one particular exotic mind numbingly hard to get.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I can confirm it is in fact from Fractals. I had found mine in the reward chest for completing the Urban Battlegrounds Fractals. There’s absolutely no reason Anet would make this one particular exotic mind numbingly hard to get.

You know the drill…screen it…or there is no confirmation.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: SkinnyT.5382

SkinnyT.5382

Yeah I don’t think it’s from Fractals. Just because it doesn’t make much sense to have added it to the game before we cloud even look for it. Not saying fractals is not one way to get it though. Could there be a boss that shows in both fractals AND on the outside world?

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

oh yeah? So you have the final rest? Show me a pic, or you lie