Fix Charged Lodestones prices

in Crafting

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It’s absurd that you need 100 and they’re right now 4g a piece. That’s even more expensive total than a precursor, including Dusk/The Legend.

Please do something.

The difference between legendary crafting prices is insane. Frostfang is significantly cheaper than Meteorologicus or Bolt.

Not that one handed legendaries are alright right now, considering ascended weapons becoming BiS and one handed legendaries will only become mainhand BiS while two-handed legendaries, with same mat requirements, occupy a whole weapon slot worth of BiS.

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

They just need to add a lot more high level Lightning Elementals strewn across the surface of Tyria and the problem will take care of itself.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Zenith.7301

They just need to add a lot more high level Lightning Elementals strewn across the surface of Tyria and the problem will take care of itself.

At the current droprates, not really.

People are already farming Malchor’s Leap sparks to begin with, and it has hardly made a dent.

It has more to do with the fact taht lodestone droprates are horrible, and most of the attractive legendaries outside Twilight and Bifrost require Charged Lodestones.

in Crafting

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

People are already farming Malchor’s Leap sparks to begin with, and it has hardly made a dent.

It has more to do with the fact taht lodestone droprates are horrible, and most of the attractive legendaries outside Twilight and Bifrost require Charged Lodestones.

It’s not just the legendaries I’ve finally gotten around to working towards Infinite Light myself. Biggest issue I have is having all the sparks tied to Dwayna’s temple being held. I’m so tired of doing that chain and listening to Malchor.

I’d be so happy if they added more sparks that aren’t on a timer to somewhere in the game. Working on Jormag’s Breath on the side has been easy in comparison since whenever I felt like trying to grind out another corrupted lodestone I could just go to Frostgorge and try my luck without having to sometimes solo or two man an entire temple chain.

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

I don’t want to appear to be a bot sympathizer/profiteer but we’re aaaaall thinking it:

The bots will handle it.

Look at Corrupted Lodestones. They’re at the low price they are because you have bots running all over Frostgorge sound and the majority of mobs in that zone has a chance to drop ’em.

I also bet a few hardcore players will be willing to grind them if they don’t have to do a whole event chain just to get started.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Zenith.7301

I don’t want to appear to be a bot sympathizer/profiteer but we’re aaaaall thinking it:

The bots will handle it.

Look at Corrupted Lodestones. They’re at the low price they are because you have bots running all over Frostgorge sound and the majority of mobs in that zone has a chance to drop ’em.

I also bet a few hardcore players will be willing to grind them if they don’t have to do a whole event chain just to get started.

No, corrupted lodestones are at the price that they are because the people demanding Frostfang are much less than those demanding Meteorologicus+Bolt+Sunrise.

Bots will not fix it because they are ramping up their anti-botting measures while also nerfing people’s farming capabilities.

in Crafting

Posted by: StormGust.2934

StormGust.2934

It’s not just the legendaries I’ve finally gotten around to working towards Infinite Light myself. Biggest issue I have is having all the sparks tied to Dwayna’s temple being held. I’m so tired of doing that chain and listening to Malchor.

I’d be so happy if they added more sparks that aren’t on a timer to somewhere in the game. Working on Jormag’s Breath on the side has been easy in comparison since whenever I felt like trying to grind out another corrupted lodestone I could just go to Frostgorge and try my luck without having to sometimes solo or two man an entire temple chain.

you better Farm CoE exp! i got alot of cores and lodestones from coe chests .. the drop rate of charged core from chest like 50% and lodestone 20%

in Crafting

Exploding Acorn.3754

you better Farm CoE exp! i got alot of cores and lodestones from coe chests .. the drop rate of charged core from chest like 50% and lodestone 20%

Outside of FOTM, I don’t see CoE run all that often and frankly the chests for me in most dungeons have been terrible. I’ve only received blues and greens from CoE and never got a core or lodestone. I’d much rather get a lodestone or 2 an hour rather than waste time attempting to constantly find groups for CoE in which the chests have been less helpful to me than just bashing sparks for an hour or two. I managed to get nearly 28 corrupted lodestones this week from farming Frostgorge in between orichalcum runs.

If it wasn’t for needing to reopen the temple constantly I’d view the grind to crafting Infinite Light a lot more favorably. To me, I view Infinite Light as this game’s Obsidian armor. I’ll chug along and work towards it whenever I feel like it. I’ll get there eventually. I’ve got no interest in any current legendaries so this is sort of become my own pseudo-legendary grind.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Got 2 cores and 1 lodestone in 2 runs today. Another person in my party got 2 cores and another one got an exotic weapon w/ a sigil worth around 7-8g market price.
Yeah so go do Coe if u r feeling lucky.

But I usually avg around 1 core per run

(edited by Stridix.4260)

in Crafting

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Got 2 cores and 1 lodestone in 2 runs today. Another person in my party got 2 cores and another one got an exotic weapon w/ a sigil worth around 7-8g market price.

Fractals and CoE have a chance of giving a cores/lodestones yes, but at the end of the day these require groups and if your guild isn’t up for doing CoE 20 times a day you’ll be stuck with pugs which can lead to some very annoying situations like connection issues and lack of coordination (The laser puzzle on CoE can be pretty hair tearing when one persons half asleep at the consoles.) If you had a 100% chance on cores and 50% on lodestones I would consider doing it this way, but until then no, even farming sparks in orr for hours seems more attractive, which is just wrong.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Exploding Acorn.3754

Thanks, but even with 1 core a run that would be 500 runs of CoE. Yesterday I got another charged lodestone and 6 more corrupted lodestones from farming all while just watching random movies and chatting with friends and guildmates.

I’m finding just outright farming the lodestones more enjoyable partially since it’s something I can do on my own and really just takes a time commitment; but also because I’m actually enjoying the social aspect of just chatting with the other players that are also in the area farming… except in Frostgorge since currently on my server it’s usually the same train of 3 bots farming.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Well yeah completely understand. I did pug that with a light armor party and our beefiest guy was a ranger (ranger, thief, 2 Mesmer, and ele)
Died around 6 times, but the potential of a 6-8 gold on 2 path (taking 1.5-2hrs) is an incentive. Plus possibility jewelery recipes drops. And it was interesting and satisfying to beat it with such squishy party.
And well if u get cores u do need the skill points to transmute it so it was all in one place (unless u r just gonna sell it).

I tried to farm the lodestones and for me it kinda became endlessly boring and tedious. There is that only spot for charged lodestone and it seldomly is there on my server. Do have a big guild but everyone was in wvw but usually we do casual chat in dungeons too. But i just felt it is better doing in a group.

Laser puzzle is actually easy. Takes a Mesmer or a portal gun.

(edited by Stridix.4260)

in Crafting

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I farmed CoE the last two weeks, 2 or 3 paths a day and guess what. I got absolutely nothing. Not a single charged core. Oh and CoE is an easy dungeon. I will now switch to farming sparks because I have no other choice getting them. (except farming gold and buying them…) Well thanks for the grind-free game Arenanet.

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: Black Wolf.7348

Black Wolf.7348

If your lucky while wearing lots of magic find you might get 1 lodestone pr hour farming. if your very lucky you can get more. many people dont even get 1 lodestone pr hour farming sparks.

Also most of those who farm charged lodestones farm them for themselves to use on legendary or other weapons.
Which means its at least most of the time low supply since those who farm charged lodestones for money is not many.

farming charged lodestones is a boring and tedious task, which is why there is few who farm for money stick around for a long time. though more of those who farm for legendary stick around longer.

in Crafting

Posted by: Oreoz.2573

Oreoz.2573

I feel for the guy who wants to craft Mjolnir. That takes 350 total.

“We don’t want players to feel like they have to grind.”

Are they playing their own game?

in Crafting

Oglaf.1074

I want that hammer.

So. Freaking. Badly.

But 350 Charged Lodestones?

There is a reason why there isn’t even a single Mjolnir listed on the Trading Post… lol

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

I want that hammer.

So. Freaking. Badly.

There is a reason why there isn’t even a single Mjolnir listed on the Trading Post… lol

me too.
but at least i’m making good progress on the juggernaut and once that’s done i’ll decide whether i’ll use it myself or sell it and buy the charged lodestones for mjolnir instead.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

That wouldn’t help honestly. The drop rate is ridiculous no matter the number of mobs that can drop charged lodestones. Take a look at the TP, it’s not like there isn’t a lot to be had, but the sellers refuse to drop the price because they are so hard to get do to the new drop rate. Just like ecto’s, I haven’t gotten 3 ecto’s from a rare/exotic in a couple of months now, I usually get 1, if luck 2. Look at the price, nearly 30s ea. and the TP is chuck full of ecto’s. ANet needs to restore loot and salvages back to what they were at launch.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I got 3 charged lodestones today, my new personal 1 day record – but the 2 others I was running with for that 90 minutes both got zilch. This is after something close to a week long dry spell of getting nothing despite 1-3 hours of farming per day. Its brutal out there.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Nappychappy.7046

I got 3 charged lodestones today, my new personal 1 day record – but the 2 others I was running with for that 90 minutes both got zilch. This is after something close to a week long dry spell of getting nothing despite 1-3 hours of farming per day. Its brutal out there.

I gave up about a week ago. During the holidays I had 9 days off, I spent as much time as I could farming charged lodestones and I have 3 total, 2 drops 1 from clover misfire. I farmed with friends, guildies and solo.. Heck the shocking crystals don’t even drop that often and that’s usually how I pay for my travel costs.

ANET gave me the most brutal birthday present ever… NOTHING!!!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I gave up about a week ago.

Honestly, that’s going to be this game’s epitaph. Theres a 600+ post thread in the bugs forum that is the inheritor to a previous 1000-post thread that amounts to something went horibly wrong with the November 15 patch and the focused pursuit of any mob-harvesting goal triggers some hidden anti-bot code and you end up getting close to nothing at all if you stay in any particulr area killing the same critters repeatedly for more than a few minutes. …There just aren’t many areas to choose from for this particular drop.

While both my impromtu partners litteraly gave up in disgust and logged out within 40 seconds of my announcing my third drop, I was -trying- to keep their spirits up with the knowledge that we hadn’t prompted the game to shut down all possibility of geting a decent drop yet.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Oreoz.2573

The amount of charged lodestones needed for Mjolnir is OVER HALF of the GLOBAL STOCK.

There’s 719 in the TP currently.
You need 350.

Umm……broken drop rates?

yes.

in Crafting

Nappychappy.7046

The amount of charged lodestones needed for Mjolnir is OVER HALF of the GLOBAL STOCK.

You need 350.

Umm……broken drop rates?

yes.

Then either someone took down a few stacks, or someone dumped about 500 bucks and bought a bunch. Last night there was 1000+ Not saying the drops are not broken, but people do have them stock piled from bugged times iykwim.

in Crafting

Oreoz.2573

You need 350.

Umm……broken drop rates?

yes.

Then either someone took down a few stacks, or someone dumped about 500 bucks and bought a bunch. Last night there was 1000+ Not saying the drops are not broken, but people do have them stock piled from bugged times iykwim.

I checked GW2spidy prior to typing that.

lolz, after a simple refresh of the page there’s 629.

We have some rich folk out there. Either that or a large number of people buying 1 or 2 lol

in Crafting

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

The insane prices of lodestones are also impacting rune/sigil prices putting them out of reach 8g per rune wtf….

[WM]give us in game ladder

in Crafting

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I want that hammer.

So. Freaking. Badly.

The reason being it makes ZERO sense to buy it. Same goes for Infinite Light. If you buy it off the TP, you are only going to get hit with a HUGE markup. Whoever is selling needs to recoup their fees, so they are going to charge AT LEAST 15% over the mat costs, most likely in the realm of 25%-30%(~1400g). Again, it makes no sense when it can be made for 1100-1200g.

You need 350.

Umm……broken drop rates?

yes.

I checked GW2spidy prior to typing that.

lolz, after a simple refresh of the page there’s 629.

We have some rich folk out there. Either that or a large number of people buying 1 or 2 lol

People with a TON of gold use them as a steady return. Prior to making Infinite Light, I was buying 50 a day when they were low and re-selling later when they were at their peak. It wasn’t a LOT of gold, but it was pretty much a guaranteed 10g a day on top of my usual CoF/AC/Fractal runs.

(edited by somsom.5201)

in Crafting

Posted by: Cathbadb.6079

Cathbadb.6079

If the drop rates were fixed (I’m looking at you November 15 patch) then there would be more available on the TP and the prices would drop. However in order for A-Net to make money, people are forced to buy gems, convert them to gold and buy the items at the inflated prices.

So if you were in A-net’s shoes what would you do?
We all know the answer to this. People aren’t buying the game because of the thousands of bugs in game and broken classes (word of mouth by disgruntled players have hurt their sales) so the company has to make their money elsewhere. Decrease the drop rates and encourage people to buy Gems.

Also how do we really know that the people posting these items on the TP are actual players and not simply A-Net itself? I mean they have the ability to post anything on the TP or game itself if they wanted to.
It’s like the CIA. They instigate a war (in this case a crafting war) and then sell guns to both sides. Either way they profit.

(edited by Cathbadb.6079)

in Crafting

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

hey i was thinking the same thing that Cathbadb wrote, on christmas there was only one legendary GS Twilight on TP(you all remember that 9500 gold price xD from that poor lucky guy that finished it and tried to sold it), but 4,5 days later 7 twilights, 8 sunrises, and 20 other legendaries were placed on TP plus 900 charged lodestones ( ~200 were on TP week before that)
and btw same and same bots are here still after 3 months plus new bot guilds are farming in orr and other places, 20+ ppl on same map and of same guild and anet just “monitoring” things(putting legendaries on TP maybe?;) )
this game becomes really bad from my point of view….

(edited by Ragnarox.9601)

in Crafting

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

I’ve been saying that charged lodestone and onyx lodestone drop rates are off, but I always get shot down by other players when I mention that on the forums. Good to see people are finally realizing that the charged lodestone drop rate is pretty terrible.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in Crafting

The Blue Ace.2850

I’ve been saying that charged lodestone and onyx lodestone drop rates are off, but I always get shot down by other players when I mention that on the forums. Good to see people are finally realizing that the charged lodestone drop rate is pretty terrible.

I know right! We just want to play the game fairly like everyone else and get slammed for it just because they want a easy 4 gold everytime they get lucky in fractals.

in Crafting

The Blue Ace.2850

I also like the fact that I’ve done 330 fractals, never got a charged core or lodestone.
my guild mate did his first 20 today and got 2 charged cores and a lodestone.
This corrupt system is terrible for people who work hard and a exploit for the rich.

in Crafting

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

I also like the fact that I’ve done 330 fractals, never got a charged core or lodestone.
my guild mate did his first 20 today and got 2 charged cores and a lodestone.
This corrupt system is terrible for people who work hard and a exploit for the rich.

Meh, blame the terrible RNG system, because in well over 700 fractals I’ve gotten ~50 charged cores and ~10 lodestones.

Then again, I’ve never gotten a fractal weapon, even with the new updates to fix their RNG issues.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

That wouldn’t help honestly. The drop rate is ridiculous no matter the number of mobs that can drop charged lodestones. Take a look at the TP, it’s not like there isn’t a lot to be had, but the sellers refuse to drop the price because they are so hard to get do to the new drop rate. Just like ecto’s, I haven’t gotten 3 ecto’s from a rare/exotic in a couple of months now, I usually get 1, if luck 2. Look at the price, nearly 30s ea. and the TP is chuck full of ecto’s. ANet needs to restore loot and salvages back to what they were at launch.

It would, maybe not by much. I tried killing the Air Elementals outside Arah a couple of days ago. With the number of elementals there and the spawn rate. It barely kept up with how fast I was killing them. I wear full Cleric and use a Knight’s hammer so it’s not like I was killing them at an amazing pace. That spot is supposedly a good place for Air Elementals but it is barely enough to support ONE person killing them slowly.

in Crafting

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Increase drop rate! Bots won’t farm because won’t make as much profit, while players happy because less grinding.

FIXED

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Crafting

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I’m shocked that people would take the position that everything’s fine. Given how absurdly asymmetrical lodestone TP prices are (charged lodestones are, at the time of this writing, between four and eight times higher than every other lodestone besides onyx), this seems self-evident.

Something needs to be done about this, the values of materials so similar in nature should never be so vastly far apart.